GIVE IT UP FOR FALCONS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
GIVE IT UP FOR FALCONS

Post by jette1 »

Besides their gallant performance today but for surrounding and vehemently protesting against that stupendous REF
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
lacidi
Egg
Egg
Re: GIVE IT UP FOR FALCONS

Post by lacidi »

This is the same French team that beat Falcons 8-0 few months ago
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

IMHO, the girls played their hearts off. I was really impressed with their play from Day 1 even though they lost the Norway game 0-3. There were a few breakdowns that cost them dearly in that opener but they are certainly well organized and can challenge good teams. However, there is still a lot to do especially the passing.

I was not expecting the coach to start with the two forwards -- Oshoala and Oparanozie -- against France because we needed to be solid defensively. Guess what? He sure knew what he was doing because he started both and the team stayed solid. As for Oshoala, she is definitely a danger but she turns over the ball a lot and is frustrating because of her half hearted efforts when we do not have the ball. That is certainly a luxury at this level. Oparanozie? For all her running around, she really is poor in front of goal. That is just my take. But I LOVE THIS TEAM. It makes me mad that the NFF had not given the team support from day one until late. Imagine what could have been possible if the NFF had given these girls as much attention as is often given to the Super Eagles.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

They tried and were really unfortunate...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Moral victory is still a thiing on CE? I've been go too long!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I just hope the result today will be good enough to get the team into the next round. They deserve it.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Different levels required, i am fed up of moral victory crap, if we cant compete, then dont bother
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

They gave their best shot...
And ultimately that all you can ask for.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

European and South American teams/fans strive for results and work hard for it, African teams/fans settle for moral victories even when we have what it takes to do better... reason why there is a wide berth in football standards and accomplishments between both sides of the divide(it all starts with the thinking).
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote:Besides their gallant performance today but for surrounding and vehemently protesting against that stupendous REF
Our ladies did very well today. I am VERY proud of them
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

We got beat yawl. When are we going to be the one doing the beating?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

pajimoh wrote:We got beat yawl. When are we going to be the one doing the beating?
:rotf:
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Falcons are not good individually, especially the adult ones; no strength to kick the ball, no skill sets, no spatial awareness of opponents on the field, etc.
If you Keep on sweeping the truth under the rug it will be the same story 4 years from now at next world cup.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

pajimoh wrote:We got beat yawl. When are we going to be the one doing the beating?
When they level the playing field.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Enugu II wrote:IMHO, the girls played their hearts off. I was really impressed with their play from Day 1 even though they lost the Norway game 0-3. There were a few breakdowns that cost them dearly in that opener but they are certainly well organized and can challenge good teams. However, there is still a lot to do especially the passing.

I was not expecting the coach to start with the two forwards -- Oshoala and Oparanozie -- against France because we needed to be solid defensively. Guess what? He sure knew what he was doing because he started both and the team stayed solid. As for Oshoala, she is definitely a danger but she turns over the ball a lot and is frustrating because of her half hearted efforts when we do not have the ball. That is certainly a luxury at this level. Oparanozie? For all her running around, she really is poor in front of goal. That is just my take. But I LOVE THIS TEAM. It makes me mad that the NFF had not given the team support from day one until late. Imagine what could have been possible if the NFF had given these girls as much attention as is often given to the Super Eagles.
The coach's tactics were on the money however, I felt him on two things:

1) he failed to adjust to the French repeatedly penetrating both fullbacks. I would've taken off Asisat and bright on an extra midfielder so the fullbacks can stay home.

2) he should've worked much harder on set pieces and breakaways cos those were always gonna be the team's best (or at least safest/pragmatic) shot at scoring without risking too much at the back cos we really didn't need to score in this game, it was more important not to concede and they almost pulled it off.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

When they play the likes of Korea again.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

There is nothing to give to bad individual players, especially the adult ones.
Since 1999 & yet no skill sets, no strength to play the game, no Number 6 to see out a match in the dying minutes, always giving out free kick fouls at dangerous spots for no just reason..
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote:European and South American teams/fans strive for results and work hard for it, African teams/fans settle for moral victories even when we have what it takes to do better... reason why there is a wide berth in football standards and accomplishments between both sides of the divide(it all starts with the thinking).
What happened to Chile? Argentina? Scotland? Heck, even Brazil?!

So you sat in the comfort of your couch and thought the Falcons were “striving for results” and “working hard for it” out there against one of the best teams in world female football playing in front of their own raucous home crowd. Representing Nigeria must be one of the world’s most thankless undertaking. SMH
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

marko wrote:Different levels required, i am fed up of moral victory crap, if we cant compete, then dont bother
Stop saying we ‘cause you have nothing useful to contribute to the development of the Falcons :!:

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

theYemster wrote:
Enugu II wrote:IMHO, the girls played their hearts off. I was really impressed with their play from Day 1 even though they lost the Norway game 0-3. There were a few breakdowns that cost them dearly in that opener but they are certainly well organized and can challenge good teams. However, there is still a lot to do especially the passing.

The coach's tactics were on the money however, I felt him on two things:

1) he failed to adjust to the French repeatedly penetrating both fullbacks. I would've taken off Asisat and bright on an extra midfielder so the fullbacks can stay home.

2) he should've worked much harder on set pieces and breakaways cos those were always gonna be the team's best (or at least safest/pragmatic) shot at scoring without risking too much at the back cos we really didn't need to score in this game, it was more important not to concede and they almost pulled it off.
theYemster,

On #1, I have argued about this previously with txj when Nigeria played Catalunya. That defense is a block zone where the defense is expected to stay compact (very important) and then shift to the strong side of the ball with the far midfielder responsible for the weak side/back side of the defense. There is absolutely no reason for the fullback to go to an opposing player near the touchline except when that is the strong side of the ball. This is why it always appears that the wings were wide open. That was also the case against Korea. Conti's Italy did this very well in the last Euros. It is by design. The only problem is that block zone must shift quickly and that was not always the case. .... I agree with your take on Oshoala. As I pointed out, I felt that the coach would seat either Oshoala or Oparanozie and use an extra midfielder from the start. I mentioned this a few days ago. However, I must say that this was not a reason for the loss. The team actually did well without making that adjustment and limited France to very few shots at goal for a very long stretch of the game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

marko wrote:Different levels required, i am fed up of moral victory crap, if we cant compete, then dont bother
You can start by not bothering to watch or comment
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Tobi17 wrote:European and South American teams/fans strive for results and work hard for it, African teams/fans settle for moral victories even when we have what it takes to do better... reason why there is a wide berth in football standards and accomplishments between both sides of the divide(it all starts with the thinking).
I guess the Scots who are talking about how their team has competed despite their losses, are Africans, right? The Falcons played well and fell short. Do you want us to shower them with abuse?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Yeah give it up for the Falcons. Gallant losers. One shot in the whole match and 0 o target
Msshhheeeww
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!