PENALTY AND VAR:

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

BigMuze
Egg
Egg
Re: PENALTY AND VAR:

Post by BigMuze »

BigMuze wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Orion wrote:
maceo4 wrote:By the letter of the law they were right, but I can almost bet they wouldn’t have enforced it had the shoe been on the other foot, heck we wouldn’t have even gotten the pk called in the first place...
This is how they've been using VAR to rob the smaller teams. VAR has its benefits but it still does not remove the biases in refereeing.
Beautifully put.....the problem is the bias....it is not racism or partiality....just bias. It is subconscious and u can’t change that. With VAR, you have just given the same biased ppl bigger ammunition to use.

The leg off the line is so small that it didn’t give the keeper any advantage whatsoever.....if it was France, England...etc it won’t have been called. The keeper should have stood aside for her to score and then FIFA and co would wake up and listen
Interesting, you cant script this, I am watching UEFA U21s Eng vs France. Exact same scenario. France get PK with England player sent off. Penalty taken, England goalies two feet in front of goal line before kick, penalty miss - hits post, rebounds to player and based on new rules indirect free kick to England. No question of goalie coming off line or being carded. Now, tell me there is no bias.

The game is still on but I will look for the clip and post on here soon.
I apologise abeg, I dont know how to upload videos. See link below:

Grateful if someone can upload here

[/video]
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: PENALTY AND VAR:

Post by mystic »

green4life wrote:Rules aren’t black and white. Otherwise why have humans refereeing the games? Might as well use robots. What is the spirit/ intent behind the rule? To prevent the gk having an undue advantage vs the pk taker. Given where our goalies feet where when the ball was kicked, did she have an advantage? One leg on the line and the other off by a few inches somehow equates a rule violation is ludicrous and silly. What was even more sad was the referee telling here to stick in the middle like an iroko tree otherwise she gets a second yellow. Pray tell my brethren, how is that the intended outcome of the rule in furtherance of the spirit of the game?

Kpom!

They are trying to take the human element out of a game played by humans.