THE D-MADAMS ON OUR FALCONS HAVE TO GO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
THE D-MADAMS ON OUR FALCONS HAVE TO GO

Post by JACKAL »

While i fully appreciate the effort put in by all the ladies on our team, but its time to let the younger players play.

I look at the other teams we are playing, ...the likes of Norway and France and their players are younger and more vibrant. Our Younger players who are all substitutes seem to be more impressive than the veterans on our team.

We need more Okekes, more Odegas, more like the new goal keeper Nnanozie and less Chukwelu and oparanozi... Oparanozi is a striker who takes no strikes at goal...The d-madams have to retire so we can get fresher legs into the team.
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: THE D-MADAMS ON OUR FALCONS HAVE TO GO

Post by olu »

How can you take a shot of goal without being given the ball in the final third? We create so few chances. Little suprise Oparanzie's shots are few and far between.

[:quote="JACKAL"][ :o size=110]While i fully appreciate the effort put in by all the ladies on our team, but its time to let the younger players play.

I look at the other teams we are playing, ...the likes of Norway and France and their players are younger and more vibrant. Our Younger players who are all substitutes seem to be more impressive than the veterans on our team.

We need more Okekes, more Odegas, more like the new goal keeper Nnanozie and less Chukwelu and oparanozi... Oparanozi is a striker who takes no strikes at goal...The d-madams have to retire so we can get fresher legs into the team.[/size]
[/quote]
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Those D-Madams are current African champions with back to back to back championships.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

oyek wrote:Those D-Madams are current African champions with back to back to back championships.
FIFA WWC is for the world teams.
Leave your Africa at the door step.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Oguleftie wrote:
oyek wrote:Those D-Madams are current African champions with back to back to back championships.
So who would you suggest rep the falcons at WWC, the flamingos?
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

oyek wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
FIFA gave you 4yrs to produce 23 players, and you brought the same adult players who had no improvements in skill set.

4yrs from now you will bring the same players with no improvement in skill set, and hope to beat France.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Oguleftie wrote:FIFA gave you 4yrs to produce 23 players, and you brought the same adult players who had no improvements in skill set.

4yrs from now you will bring the same players with no improvement in skill set, and hope to beat France.
Lie, lie... :lol:
This 2019 WWC squad has FOURTEEN new players from the 2015 squad!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:FIFA gave you 4yrs to produce 23 players, and you brought the same adult players who had no improvements in skill set.

Lie, lie... :lol:
This 2019 WWC squad has FOURTEEN new players from the 2015 squad!
Facts, not feelings.

Ogunegativity, over to you..... :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Oguleftie wrote:
oyek wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
FIFA gave you 4yrs to produce 23 players, and you brought the same adult players
That’s an outright lie
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
oyek wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
FIFA gave you 4yrs to produce 23 players, and you brought the same adult players
That’s an outright lie
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Oguleftie wrote:
I was always under the impression that Nigeria and Africa was of this World?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Ordega and Oparanozie are the same age.
There’s an exciting young cohort coming through and I love how carefully they are being integrated.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

JACKAL wrote:While i fully appreciate the effort put in by all the ladies on our team, but its time to let the younger players play.

We need more Okekes, more Odegas, more like the new goal keeper Nnanozie and less Chukwelu and oparanozi... Oparanozi is a striker who takes no strikes at goal...The d-madams have to retire so we can get fresher legs into the team.
The same Chikwelu that won the ball all over the pitch in the midfield? :shock:
Every team needs a bulldog like her hunting the ball down.

As for Asisat Oshoala, God? How do you solve a problem like her and can anyone be more frustrating. I hope they show her her Opta stats and I am sure they couldn't be worse. She does not run into space, does not tackle, does not close the ball down or even the girl with the ball, does not jump to head and runs away far from the ball as much as possible. :boo: :boo:
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

JACKAL wrote:While i fully appreciate the effort put in by all the ladies on our team, but its time to let the younger players play.

That French are younger is a BLATANT LIE! Why do we continue to make such factually untrue statements! That the French are better than us has absolutely nothing to do with the age of the players and everything to do with the development process. The players you have cannot perform magic. The local players have not played a league game since last year yet you expect them to compete with players that won the UEFA Champions League less than a month ago. Jackal please name one female football academy in Nigeria. While you are doing that please let me know when the female league will start again in Nigeria. The younger ones you want recently played in the WAFU cup in May and could you honestly say they are better than the girls in France. Until we face reality and start doing the right things it would not get better than this there is no magic here.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Oguleftie wrote:
oyek wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
FIFA gave you 4yrs to produce 23 players, and you brought the same adult players who had no improvements in skill set.

And you think these players just fall from the trees? Common man it is easy to shout produce on the pages of website or chat forums, the reality on the ground is different. You guys only love to see what you want to see because you have a single narrative you want to throw up.

Can you confidently tell us that it is the same set of players that played in the last world Cup that have showed in this tournament.

You guys believe progress is only made when you win, a big fat lie, there are many ways you can measure progress. If there are better players there they would be on the pitch. The coach dropped the keeper for one of the new players making their debut in this world Cup.. You won't see that I guess. It is only what you choose to see that counts.

Yes 4 years some players who are still active and are willing to sacrifice the cultural demands of being a female in an African context would still show up if they survived the system.

Aunty Ebi has done 5 World cups, tell me how many, not only in our team but in the entire teams are better than her.

You want to rubbish Oshoala, go ahead, but the record in front of you shows that since the last world Cup her stock has risen from Nigeria to Liverpool, Liverpool to China, China to Barcelona. So also Ordega who also moved from Nigeria to US and I believe is now in China. These are hard facts which you have sacrificed for emotions.

The strange thing is you have been moving from one thread to another peddling the same rhetoric that is devoid of any facts.

By next world Cup if fortune smiles on that keeper she would be playing abroad, yes she is that good. But you would see them in 4 years time and still label them rubbish.

There are many ways to measure progress and success, progress stares at you right in the face, if you cannot see sir, too bad!

Instead of pulling down this team, why not articulate what ought to be. Tell us how the new talents should show up, tell us what is on the ground to produce these new talents in 4 years. After all if we look across to Qatar we can see what they are trying to do to make sure they are ready for 2022,tell us where these new players should be coming from and not just the rhetoric.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
oyek wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:

And you think these players just fall from the trees? Common man it is easy to shout produce on the pages of website or chat forums, the reality on the ground is different. You guys only love to see what you want to see because you have a single narrative you want to throw up.

Can you confidently tell us that it is the same set of players that played in the last world Cup that have showed in this tournament.

You guys believe progress is only made when you win, a big fat lie, there are many ways you can measure progress. If there are better players there they would be on the pitch. The coach dropped the keeper for one of the new players making their debut in this world Cup.. You won't see that I guess. It is only what you choose to see that counts.

Yes 4 years some players who are still active and are willing to sacrifice the cultural demands of being a female in an African context would still show up if they survived the system.

Aunty Ebi has done 5 World cups, tell me how many, not only in our team but in the entire teams are better than her.

You want to rubbish Oshoala, go ahead, but the record in front of you shows that since the last world Cup her stock has risen from Nigeria to Liverpool, Liverpool to China, China to Barcelona. So also Ordega who also moved from Nigeria to US and I believe is now in China. These are hard facts which you have sacrificed for emotions.

The strange thing is you have been moving from one thread to another peddling the same rhetoric that is devoid of any facts.

By next world Cup if fortune smiles on that keeper she would be playing abroad, yes she is that good. But you would see them in 4 years time and still label them rubbish.

There are many ways to measure progress and success, progress stares at you right in the face, if you cannot see sir, too bad!

Instead of pulling down this team, why not articulate what ought to be. Tell us how the new talents should show up, tell us what is on the ground to produce these new talents in 4 years. After all if we look across to Qatar we can see what they are trying to do to make sure they are ready for 2022,tell us where these new players should be coming from and not just the rhetoric.
Oloye, God bless you.
You have put fact before feelings.

As for Oguleftie, you will seriously struggle to find anything positive he has to say about anything.
I used to think Van City Eagle was as bad as it gets but he has moderated his views and sees both sides of the coin nowadays.

But this Oguleftie guy is something else.
Everything is negative. Maybe I should kick up his last 30 posts and see how many can be seen as 'positive'. Probebly none. Or one.
That cannot be an objective person's statistic.

So you might be making perfect sense, but the person you are addressing is probably looking for a small kink in your submission to focus on and amplify.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

oyek wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
...they probably mean use older madams to qualify and send the younger youths to the world cup. Classic naija mentality, I'll assume :???:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...do we have the necessities to make our young youths "vibrant"? I hope you know what I mean Logistics, facilities, etc. to get ready with.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Still..they are eeking out the victories against African opposition, but struggle against good foreign teams.

We need to give the young experience so they can be ready for the big stage
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Goldleaf wrote:

As for Asisat Oshoala, God? How do you solve a problem like her and can anyone be more frustrating. I hope they show her her Opta stats and I am sure they couldn't be worse. She does not run into space, does not tackle, does not close the ball down or even the girl with the ball, does not jump to head and runs away far from the ball as much as possible. :boo: :boo:
Chikwelu turned the ball over and over and over... it was not good.

Oshola does not look like the fined tuned athlete we saw 6 years ago at the U20 or even 4 years ago at the last world cup. She just doesn't look the part anymore...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Adisboy wrote:

That French are younger is a BLATANT LIE! Why do we continue to make such factually untrue statements! That the French are better than us has absolutely nothing to do with the age of the players and everything to do with the development process. The players you have cannot perform magic. The local players have not played a league game since last year yet you expect them to compete with players that won the UEFA Champions League less than a month ago. Jackal please name one female football academy in Nigeria. While you are doing that please let me know when the female league will start again in Nigeria. The younger ones you want recently played in the WAFU cup in May and could you honestly say they are better than the girls in France. Until we face reality and start doing the right things it would not get better than this there is no magic here.
You are looking at the official ages... :mrgreen:
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

JACKAL wrote:
Still..they are eeking out the victories against African opposition, but struggle against good foreign teams.

We need to give the young experience so they can be ready for the big stage
It's beyond just giving the young experience so they can be 'ready', youth programs that teach the basics at the grass root, a functional league that will produce quality players from their youth on a consistent basis, adequate remuneration for players, conducive environment e.t.c. have to be considered/put in place to go further at these competitions. Merely giving the young experience and expecting team to go beyond the group stage is wishful thinking.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

JACKAL wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:

Chikwelu turned the ball over and over and over... it was not good.

Oshola does not look like the fined tuned athlete we saw 6 years ago at the U20 or even 4 years ago at the last world cup. She just doesn't look the part anymore...
Just come out and say you don't like Rita Chikwelu. With power and athleticism, she broke up the french attack time and time again. Ball distribution is still an area the whole team needs to get right and the problem is because they struggle to opne up space. The french captain said they struggled to find space to get through us. It means the girls get the defensive side of being tight but not yet the offensive part of opening up and creating space for offensive forays.