THE D-MADAMS ON OUR FALCONS HAVE TO GO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Adisboy
Egg
Egg
Re: THE D-MADAMS ON OUR FALCONS HAVE TO GO

Post by Adisboy »

JACKAL wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
JACKAL wrote:While i fully appreciate the effort put in by all the ladies on our team, but its time to let the younger players play.

I look at the other teams we are playing, ...the likes of Norway and France and their players are younger and more vibrant. Our Younger players who are all substitutes seem to be more impressive than the veterans on our team.

We need more Okekes, more Odegas, more like the new goal keeper Nnanozie and less Chukwelu and oparanozi... Oparanozi is a striker who takes no strikes at goal...The d-madams have to retire so we can get fresher legs into the team.
That French are younger is a BLATANT LIE! Why do we continue to make such factually untrue statements! That the French are better than us has absolutely nothing to do with the age of the players and everything to do with the development process. The players you have cannot perform magic. The local players have not played a league game since last year yet you expect them to compete with players that won the UEFA Champions League less than a month ago. Jackal please name one female football academy in Nigeria. While you are doing that please let me know when the female league will start again in Nigeria. The younger ones you want recently played in the WAFU cup in May and could you honestly say they are better than the girls in France. Until we face reality and start doing the right things it would not get better than this there is no magic here.
You are looking at the official ages... :mrgreen:
You have not answered any of the questions I asked you.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Goldleaf wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
JACKAL wrote:While i fully appreciate the effort put in by all the ladies on our team, but its time to let the younger players play.

I look at the other teams we are playing, ...the likes of Norway and France and their players are younger and more vibrant. Our Younger players who are all substitutes seem to be more impressive than the veterans on our team.

We need more Okekes, more Odegas, more like the new goal keeper Nnanozie and less Chukwelu and oparanozi... Oparanozi is a striker who takes no strikes at goal...The d-madams have to retire so we can get fresher legs into the team.
The same Chikwelu that won the ball all over the pitch in the midfield? :shock:
Every team needs a bulldog like her hunting the ball down.

As for Asisat Oshoala, God? How do you solve a problem like her and can anyone be more frustrating. I hope they show her her Opta stats and I am sure they couldn't be worse. She does not run into space, does not tackle, does not close the ball down or even the girl with the ball, does not jump to head and runs away far from the ball as much as possible. :boo: :boo:
Chikwelu turned the ball over and over and over... it was not good.

Oshola does not look like the fined tuned athlete we saw 6 years ago at the U20 or even 4 years ago at the last world cup. She just doesn't look the part anymore...
Just come out and say you don't like Rita Chikwelu. With power and athleticism, she broke up the french attack time and time again. Ball distribution is still an area the whole team needs to get right and the problem is because they struggle to opne up space. The french captain said they struggled to find space to get through us. It means the girls get the defensive side of being tight but not yet the offensive part of opening up and creating space for offensive forays.
Oboy...I don't know Chikwelu from Chuckweze!! I am just saying what I saw...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

oyek wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
oyek wrote:Those D-Madams are current African champions with back to back to back championships.
Still..they are eeking out the victories against African opposition, but struggle against good foreign teams.

We need to give the young experience so they can be ready for the big stage
It's beyond just giving the young experience so they can be 'ready', youth programs that teach the basics at the grass root, a functional league that will produce quality players from their youth on a consistent basis, adequate remuneration for players, conducive environment e.t.c. have to be considered/put in place to go further at these competitions. Merely giving the young experience and expecting team to go beyond the group stage is wishful thinking.
All those things you mentioned is part of giving the young Experience..
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Here is the list of our D-Madams
Oluehi
Ebere
Ebi
Ohale
Michael
Chikwele
Oparanozi
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...just heard Formiga, the Brazilian women midfielder is 41 years old :shock: and still playing. Their roster is full of 30thysomething women.
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

Only 6 players in the current team play in Nigeria, and only one of them - Tochukwu Oluehi - is a veteran.
I don't see anything unfair about expecting more from several of the foreign legion, at this level, in terms of the basics like off-the-ball movement and keeping possession upfront.

That said, let's just appreciate Onome Ebi's solid defending, Chikwelu's ball-winning consistency and Ordega's hardwork even when playing out of position and having to defend more. The new additions to the team give a lot of hope.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

JACKAL wrote:Here is the list of our D-Madams
Oluehi
Ebere
Ebi
Ohale
Michael
Chikwele
Oparanozi
Why not put their age and let us see how madamly they are, thanks
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Oluehi
Ebere
Ebi
Ohale
Michael
Chikwele
Oparanozi
Funny thing is that all the ladies on this list have incredible motors...it's technique and ability that they lack so this thread is moot.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

oloye wrote:
Oluehi
Ebere
Ebi
Ohale
Michael
Chikwele
Oparanozi
Those players listed above have been our most consistent performers the past 5yrs...each of them...
Instead of celebrating them, some of us are now calling them D-Madams..? (another term for "Retirees") :???: :???: :???:

Ebi is...what..? 35yrs...36yrs...that's old..?! :???: :???:
Martha of Brazil is...what..? 33..?

What's this our fixation with age, sef?
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The best female players these days are older players in their 30s. Go and take 20 something year old kids to a women's WC and you will get destroyed like Thailand.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote:The best female players these days are older players in their 30s. Go and take 20 something year old kids to a women's WC and you will get destroyed like Thailand.
You are right.
Age is more of an advantage in the female game than it is in the men's game.
There is even a school of thought that believes women post-childbirth are physically stronger than before they have kids.

Lots of anecdotal stories and inconclusive studies but it is well worth considering.
Does childbirth improve athletic ability?
It was long thought that child-bearing signalled the beginning of the end for female athletes, but intriguing evidence suggests there are numerous physiological benefits

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ic-ability
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Damunk wrote:
bret- hart wrote:The best female players these days are older players in their 30s. Go and take 20 something year old kids to a women's WC and you will get destroyed like Thailand.
You are right.
There is even a school of thought that believes women post-childbirth are physically stronger than before they have kids
What's the reasoning behind this? I haven't heard this before.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

oloye wrote:
Oluehi
Ebere
Ebi
Ohale
Michael
Chikwele
Oparanozi
Funny enough, without knowing their age, will we be critical of their performance thus far? Think, for the most part, they have acquitted themselves well.

Frankly, we have to decide how we want to play. High tempo, high energy, highly mobile team, etc. That will decide the type of personnel we should be aiming to have on the team.

I prefer Dennerby's approach to Rohr's approach. You phase the old veterans out gradually after the world cup. He didn't have a long enough time to discover players. Remember he even added players who just played the WAFU cup. Unlike Rohr, he didn't say he was going to the WC with veterans to learn.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ElHadary wrote:
Damunk wrote:
You are right.
There is even a school of thought that believes women post-childbirth are physically stronger than before they have kids
What's the reasoning behind this? I haven't heard this before.
Hormonal and other physiological changes. If I can find more scientific studies I will post the links, but there's a random newpaper article I already posted above.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
You are right.
There is even a school of thought that believes women post-childbirth are physically stronger than before they have kids.

Lots of inconclusive studies but it is well worth considering.
It was long thought that child-bearing signalled the beginning of the end for female athletes, but intriguing evidence suggests there are numerous physiological benefits

this is a sexist comment
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Damunk wrote:
You are right.

Lots of anecdotal stories and inconclusive studies but it is well worth considering.

Not sure about the science, but I reckon it has to do with the level of the female game...the culture is still 'uncooked'...
Due to the 'comparative infancy' of the female game, it would be pretty difficult unearthing "wunderkinden" talent at a tender age...ladies are exposed to the game relatively late...

There's lesser probability of a Pele or Messi-story, at least until soccer becomes primary choice of recreation for 5yr-old girls in primary schools & public parks...

Until the culture 'cooks', there's little chance of football unearthing a Serena Williams or Maria Sharapova - both already elite-level athletes as teens...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
oloye wrote:
Oluehi
Ebere
Ebi
Ohale
Michael
Chikwele
Oparanozi
Those players listed above have been our most consistent performers the past 5yrs...each of them...
Instead of celebrating them, some of us are now calling them D-Madams..? (another term for "Retirees") :???: :???: :???:

Dont worry yourself, that is who we are, a nation where everything is sneered at. Aunty Ebi with 5 WC competitions got honored by fifa, here we deride her.

The reason I asked for their ages is because I am sure that apart Ebi, the others would still be within acceptable age limits for active sports men and women.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

oloye wrote:
Oluehi
Ebere
Ebi
Ohale
Michael
Chikwele
Oparanozi
Oloye… D-madam-ness is not only a function of age, but also that of Physical looks... Being a D-madam has its good virtues, just not on sporting field of play..
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
oloye wrote:
Oluehi
Ebere
Ebi
Ohale
Michael
Chikwele
Oparanozi

As the Great PA Oni has told us, If they don't leave football, football will leave them !
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

You have no proof of that.....
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
You are right.

In the Old days, Women in the old Soviet Union used to get pregnant before major sporting competitions and then get an abortion because they believed pregnancy changes a woman's Physiology by strengthening the Muscles of the body !! A natural steroids of sorts !!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

JACKAL wrote:

Carli Llloyd is 37
Megan Rapenoe is 35
Alex Morgan is 29. She hasnt even reached her peak yet
Martha is 33
Formiga is in her 40s
Christiane is 34

I can go on and on. Women in football get better with age. Oshoala as fustrating as she has this tournaments still has years and years ahead of her. Now does that mean we should fill the team with women in their late 30s?? no but in the womens game experience is more valuable than youth. We should not be too quick to phase out the old guard instead, gradually replace them In the 90s we would take school girls to the WC and we got hammered 8-0. These days the likes of USA, Germany and France know a game vs Nigeria is like hell in a cell.

What the falcons needs now are better forwards with good technical abilities. Oparanoze is not international quality. Oshoala needs to step up. The likes of Ini and Tony Payne need to be integrated into the falcons ASAP.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

bret- hart wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Carli Llloyd is 37
Megan Rapenoe is 35
Alex Morgan is 29. She hasnt even reached her peak yet
Martha is 33
Formiga is in her 40s
Christiane is 34

I can go on and on. Women in football get better with age. Oshoala as fustrating as she has this tournaments still has years and years ahead of her. Now does that mean we should fill the team with women in their late 30s?? no but in the womens game experience is more valuable than youth. We should not be too quick to phase out the old guard instead, gradually replace them In the 90s we would take school girls to the WC and we got hammered 8-0. These days the likes of USA, Germany and France know a game vs Nigeria is like hell in a cell.

What the falcons needs now are better forwards with good technical abilities. Oparanoze is not international quality. Oshoala needs to step up. The likes of Ini and Tony Payne need to be integrated into the falcons ASAP.
Again the names you provided is not proof... All those ladies you mentioned are on their 3rd to 5th World cup...they were great players since years ago...