Rohr said we have a young team and hopes to learn in Egypt

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Rohr said we have a young team and hopes to learn in Egy

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:NO!!! it has a lot to do with it... this was the same way he ran his mouth during the WC in Russia, he sucked the mental strenght from us and we caved in vs Argentina.... I recall the Dream Team being 3-1 down vs Brazil, ( they even missed a PK) and came back to win the game ..The Rohr wants us to PTB and fear the likes of Senegal( never won a ACFON) Morocco, Egypt, Burundi Madagascar( freaking cartoon making nation) Mauritania etc... smh
But he did not suck this mental strength out when the team found itself in group of death during the WC qualifiers, this was when the general consensus was that Nigeria won't qualify. He did not suck their strength out starting from a disadvantaged position in the afcon qualifiers.

If anything I would have thought his records with African team is enough to go by, regardless of what he says. Like I said bro.. Nigerians love a good story teller. :lol:
In Africa no matter what , there aint no way the SE shouldn't qualify for the WC... we have never lost a world cup game since the 2004 loss to Angola in Luanda.... so qualifying for the world-cup aint no feat... before Rohr, we qualified 5 out of 6 times ..... all to get knocked out after 3 games.... so ordinary AFCON, our excuses are Burundi, Cartoon network, Benin etc are more experienced or they have older players... so a 3 time AFCON champs dey go our continental tourney to go participate ...we've never gone to AFCON with the notion of just making up the numbers...haba wetin Rohr get on some folks on CE ..yall should open una eyes ASAP ..AFCON is in 2 days
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:NO!!! it has a lot to do with it... this was the same way he ran his mouth during the WC in Russia, he sucked the mental strenght from us and we caved in vs Argentina.... I recall the Dream Team being 3-1 down vs Brazil, ( they even missed a PK) and came back to win the game ..The Rohr wants us to PTB and fear the likes of Senegal( never won a ACFON) Morocco, Egypt, Burundi Madagascar( freaking cartoon making nation) Mauritania etc... smh
But he did not suck this mental strength out when the team found itself in group of death during the WC qualifiers, this was when the general consensus was that Nigeria won't qualify. He did not suck their strength out starting from a disadvantaged position in the afcon qualifiers.

If anything I would have thought his records with African team is enough to go by, regardless of what he says. Like I said bro.. Nigerians love a good story teller. :lol:
In Africa no matter what , there aint no way the SE shouldn't qualify for the WC... we have never lost a world cup game since the 2004 loss to Angola in Luanda.... so qualifying for the world-cup aint no feat... before Rohr, we qualified 5 out of 6 times ..... all to get knocked out after 3 games.... so ordinary AFCON, our excuses are Burundi, Cartoon network, Benin etc are more experienced or they have older players... so a 3 time AFCON champs dey go our continental tourney to go participate ...we've never gone to AFCON with the notion of just making up the numbers...haba wetin Rohr get on some folks on CE ..yall should open una eyes ASAP ..AFCON is in 2 days
Yeah and we missed qualifying not only for WC but also afcon.

Teams who have won afcon 7 times and 6 are not making mouf, even Ghana are not, but we want to make mouf. Abeg BigP leave matter. It is what Rohr is saying to the boys in the dressing room that matters.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

there is nothing wrong in making mouth..... wetin God give us mouth for?
SuperEagles

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:there is nothing wrong in making mouth..... wetin God give us mouth for?
Not to boast, because God hates the boastful :lol: :lol:
Every time Nigeria goes into a competition boasting they come out looking like a one sec man. Our best have always come when we sneak in unnoticed, written off and not given any chance.

Apart from 1980 all our major wins have come when we were told we were nothing. In 1994 that everyone now sings about, people were so sure Westerhoff was going to fail, they had signed his sack letter, like they had done with Keshi.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Exactly unc! Infact, you better have Messi, Ronaldo, Maldonado, Ronaldinho caliber of players before even boasting and still nothing is guaranteed
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:there is nothing wrong in making mouth..... wetin God give us mouth for?
Every time Nigeria goes into a competition boasting they come out looking like a one sec man. Our best have always come when we sneak in unnoticed, written off and not given any chance.

Apart from 1980 all our major wins have come when we were told we were nothing. In 1994 that everyone now sings about, people were so sure Westerhoff was going to fail, they had signed his sack letter, like they had done with Keshi.
em we were favorites to win in 94 and was ranked 5th
SuperEagles

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
oloye wrote:

em we were favorites to win in 94 and was ranked 5th
Our ranking shot to the roof after we won the ANC not before. Nice try, but records are there.

Like I love to say it is nice to see people who second guessed Westerhoff throughout his reign in Nigeria now best their chest about the 1994 team. :laugh:

From 1990 till he won the ANC, the clamour to sack him filled the air, it was the doggedness of the man that saved him. The history cannot be rewritten.