Rohr said we have a young team and hopes to learn in Egypt

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rohr said we have a young team and hopes to learn in Egy

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:LOL that in 2019 people still do not understand that pretty much all coaches make modest statements.

Most of them do not beat their chests announcing how they will "flog their opponents"

Rohr is even saying how Burundi and Madagascar will be "tough"

It is a tactical thing that most coaches do.

You people are so desperate to bring the man down that you are latching on to his words and making them mean something else.
Mikel and Iwobi said the exact same thing and suddenly they all go mute. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

BAP wrote:
john12 wrote:Delusional Nigerians once again. I will start putting mandates on rohr from 2020,1,22. As of now, our team is young and we must give them time to grow achieve and dominate
The french were young too and they won the WC ..

The team is of Rohr's own making so if they are young he chose them young ..

In any case our key players arent really that young. Balogun is 30 , Mikel is 32, ogu is 30, akpeyi is 32 , ezenwas is 30, ekong, omeruo, shehu and musa are all 26 ish , Ighalo is 30, Etebo and Colins are 24 ..

All in all all it looks like our most likely starters are closer to 30 than 20 so where is this young team I keep hearing about ?
The only 'key' players in this your 'old' list are Mikel and possibly Balogun.
There are more young 'key' players than old ones.
Kalu, Chukwueze, Aina, Ndidi, Iwobi and Collins are far more 'key' than Ogu, Shehu, Ezenwa or Ighalo. And they are virtually guaranteed starters.
Then there are Onuachu and Osimhen who have an equal chance of starting as Mrs Ighalo.

So no do us wuruwuru for here. The elderly players are mostly backups! :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

gochino wrote:Why is he always saying that we did not make it to the last 2 ANCs? What does that have to do with this ANC. He should research why we didn't make it. In the first ANC Keshi was actually working without a contract! He was not paid over ten months and there were rows over bonuses. 2nd ANC was even worse! We completed the qualifying series with 3 different coaches! With one of the coaches dumping the team a week to a very crucial game! Please tell me how you expect a team to qualify under such circumstances? If these coaches got at least half of the support Rohr has, they would have qualified. Rohr has never won anything in his entire career! This explains why he does not have the winning mentality. Let's just see what he has to offer but the young team talk is rubbish! We are not Gabun or one of these small african teams he has been coaching, he has to be given targets, thats what is done in every job! So why should his case be different? This man has spent more than 3 yrs with the team!
You think it is normal in life to not prepare well and succeed? We have missed the last 2 ANCs. A large number of the team have no experience of playing at an ANC. I am sure NFF has set his target.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

BAP wrote:
john12 wrote:Delusional Nigerians once again. I will start putting mandates on rohr from 2020,1,22. As of now, our team is young and we must give them time to grow achieve and dominate

In any case our key players arent really that young. Balogun is 30 , Mikel is 32, ogu is 30, akpeyi is 32 , ezenwas is 30, ekong, omeruo, shehu and musa are all 26 ish , Ighalo is 30 , Etebo and Colins are 24 ..

All in all all it looks like our most likely starters are closer to 30 than 20 so where is this young team I keep hearing about ?
I dont remember the french saying they where definitly going to win the World Cup before it started,infact i remember the French public doubting their team!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

marko wrote:will VAR be used at the nations cup?
It will be a major mistake and indeed embarrassing if 'goal-line technology and VAR' are not used in this AFCON. Thus, I believe the answer to your question is; YES.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
BAP wrote:

In any case our key players arent really that young. Balogun is 30 , Mikel is 32, ogu is 30, akpeyi is 32 , ezenwas is 30, ekong, omeruo, shehu and musa are all 26 ish , Ighalo is 30, Etebo and Colins are 24 ..

Kalu, Chukwueze, Aina, Ndidi, Iwobi and Collins are far more 'key' than Ogu, Shehu, Ezenwa or Ighalo. And they are virtually guaranteed starters.
Then there are Onuachu and Osimhen who have an equal chance of starting as Mrs Ighalo.

This just shows how very shallow and lack of depth you analyze things. How many young teams are actually going to Afcon..No Egyptian player or Senegalese player currently tasted Afcon glory...we have more Afcon winners in our team compared to Morocco. Algeria, Egypt, Ghana, Senegal, Tunisia, South Africa...etc...but you shout and accept the silly young and learning trash talk....my goodness you guys are funny. If Rohr cannot win the Afcon he must and will be fired....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Senegal squad for AFCON ( not a single AFCON winner or player who tasted the last 4 of AFCON finals )
and some WOWOs are here still drinking akamu with milk and sugar made by rohr
Goalkeepers: Bouna Coundoul (New York Red Bulls), Khadim Ndiaye (ASC Linguere), Pape Latyr Ndiaye (US Ouakam)

Defenders: Omar Daf (Stade Brest), Pape Malickou Diakhate (Grenada), Souleymane Diawara (Olympique Marseille), Jacques Faty (Sivasspor), Kader Mangane (Stade Rennes), Cheikh Mbengue (Toulouse), Armand Traore (Queens Park Rangers), Mustapha Bayal Sall (Doincaster Rovers), Lamine Sane (Girodins Bordeaux)

Midfielders: Issiar Dia (Fenerbahce), Remi Gomis (Valenciennes), Mohamed Diame (Wigan Athletic), Guirane Ndaw (Birmingham City)

Forwards: Demba Ba (Newcastle United), Souleymane Camara (Montpellier), Papiss Demba Cisse (SC Freiburg), Ndiaye Deme Ndiaye (Arles-Avignon), Dame Ndoye (FC Copenhagen), Mamadou Niang (Al Sadd), Moussa Sow (Lille).
I can go on and on to list more teams.. we don't hear the top AFRICAN teams going to AFCON to learn or gain experience
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Damunk wrote:
BAP wrote:

You forgot Ighalo and the fact that Akpeyi is now the likely starter menaing that 4 out of the likely starters are over 30 . Furthermore you ignore the fact that Ekong, Omeruo Shehu and Musa are all 26ish which would be middle age , Kalu, Aina, Iwobi, Colins, Etebo and Onuachu at 23 /24 could also be considered middle age

The only truly young players are Chukwueze and Osimhen so again where is this young team he speaks of ?

More Importantly most of these guys have serious tournament experience under their belts even at their so called young ages . They have all been in high pressure situations , played in different leagues across different countries some are veterans of the Olympcs, Youth tournaments ,CL, La Liga , EPL etc so abeg this they are a young team talking point is as lame as it comes
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
BAP wrote:

In any case our key players arent really that young. Balogun is 30 , Mikel is 32, ogu is 30, akpeyi is 32 , ezenwas is 30, ekong, omeruo, shehu and musa are all 26 ish , Ighalo is 30 , Etebo and Colins are 24 ..

I dont remember the french saying they where definitly going to win the World Cup before it started,infact i remember the French public doubting their team!
Long and short of it the age factor is a dubious talking point for whatever its worth
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Eaglezbeak wrote::rotf: The same people that are insulting Rohr and saying we can’t score goals want him to say “ we are going to win this Afcon” but Nigeria didn’t even participate in last two Afcons despite winning the tournament the last time they did participate with a team that Nigerians where expecting to lose to Drogba and co.
Please let's stop this nonsense about we didn't qualify for 2 previous AFCONs abeg.

We have local coaches that took us there previously and one actually led the team to a win. Kini big deal? :roll:

He just needs to show he is worth his weight in gold by inspiring the boys to win it.

Coach Keshi is the standard. Not Amodu who qualified us repeatedly and led us to a semi final :curse:

The irony is both are now dead.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

cchinukw wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote::rotf: The same people that are insulting Rohr and saying we can’t score goals want him to say “ we are going to win this Afcon” but Nigeria didn’t even participate in last two Afcons despite winning the tournament the last time they did participate with a team that Nigerians where expecting to lose to Drogba and co.
Please let's stop this nonsense about we didn't qualify for 2 previous AFCONs abeg.

We have local coaches that took us there previously and one actually led the team to a win. Kini big deal? :roll:

He just needs to show he is worth his weight in gold by inspiring the boys to win it.

Coach Keshi is the standard. Not Amodu who qualified us repeatedly and led us to a semi final :curse:

The irony is both are now dead.
Abi , we didnt qualify in 2012 either but we still won 2013 ... we didnt qualify in 86 but were finalists in 88
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Senegal squad for AFCON ( not a single AFCON winner or player who tasted the last 4 of AFCON finals )
Goalkeepers: Bouna Coundoul (New York Red Bulls), Khadim Ndiaye (ASC Linguere), Pape Latyr Ndiaye (US Ouakam)

Defenders: Omar Daf (Stade Brest), Pape Malickou Diakhate (Grenada), Souleymane Diawara (Olympique Marseille), Jacques Faty (Sivasspor), Kader Mangane (Stade Rennes), Cheikh Mbengue (Toulouse), Armand Traore (Queens Park Rangers), Mustapha Bayal Sall (Doincaster Rovers), Lamine Sane (Girodins Bordeaux)

Midfielders: Issiar Dia (Fenerbahce), Remi Gomis (Valenciennes), Mohamed Diame (Wigan Athletic), Guirane Ndaw (Birmingham City)

Forwards: Demba Ba (Newcastle United), Souleymane Camara (Montpellier), Papiss Demba Cisse (SC Freiburg), Ndiaye Deme Ndiaye (Arles-Avignon), Dame Ndoye (FC Copenhagen), Mamadou Niang (Al Sadd), Moussa Sow (Lille).
I can go on and on to list more teams.. we don't hear the top AFRICAN teams going to AFCON to learn or gain experience
This is not the current Senegal squad.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Senegal squad for AFCON ( not a single AFCON winner or player who tasted the last 4 of AFCON finals )

Lol I no wan talk, he still dey list Moussa Sow...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Dammy wrote:

you can update the list and not a single Senegal player has a medal from AFCON
SuperEagles

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

BAP wrote:
green4life wrote:Some SE fans remind me of a certain club from London I support. Unreasonable and operating with trigger happy fingers. Always looking for reasons to fire a coach regardless of results.

Meanwhile, brother BP, have a nice evening :thumbs:
Chief how far ... :thumb:
My brother we thank God. Nothing spoil. I troway you greetings. :thumb:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

marko wrote:will VAR be used at the nations cup?
This man will not let us rest :taunt:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Dammy wrote:

you can update the list and not a single Senegal player has a medal from AFCON
Yep your point is still correct, I was just laughing at the wrong list.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nigerians love people who make mouth and deliver little. That is why you have loud mouths all over the country. It is the reason why many are so gullible. A team that did not attend the last two ANC has no business talking about winning unless such just feels like boasting.
Everytime I see Nigerians fuming and raging after the loss of a match, I think I know why....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Nigerians love people who make mouth and deliver little. That is why you have loud mouths all over the country. It is the reason why many are so gullible. A team that did not attend the last two ANC has no business talking about winning unless such just feels like boasting.
Everytime I see Nigerians fuming and raging after the loss of a match, I think I know why....
so we should not talk and get bamboozled ...when we can hire a cheaper local manager who can tell us the same crap that rohr said... yes they didn't qualify for the last two AFCOns because of circumstances beyond our control...bottom line, this same Rohr who went to the worldcup , will get to face 18 other teams who missed out in Russia...we don't hear them shouting they missed Russia....

why must rorhr get a pass?
SuperEagles

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
oloye wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Nigerians love people who make mouth and deliver little. That is why you have loud mouths all over the country. It is the reason why many are so gullible. A team that did not attend the last two ANC has no business talking about winning unless such just feels like boasting.
so we should not talk and get bamboozled ...when we can hire a cheaper local manager who can tell us the same crap that rohr said... yes they didn't qualify for the last two AFCOns because of circumstances beyond our control...bottom line, this same Rohr who went to the worldcup , will get to face 18 other teams who missed out in Russia...we don't hear them shouting they missed Russia....

why must rorhr get a pass?
If the team does not perform he would be fired, it is that simple. But the point here is, it has nothing to do with what he has to say.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

NO!!! it has a lot to do with it... this was the same way he ran his mouth during the WC in Russia, he sucked the mental strenght from us and we caved in vs Argentina.... I recall the Dream Team being 3-1 down vs Brazil, ( they even missed a PK) and came back to win the game ..The Rohr wants us to PTB and fear the likes of Senegal( never won a ACFON) Morocco, Egypt, Burundi Madagascar( freaking cartoon making nation) Mauritania etc... smh
SuperEagles

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote:NO!!! it has a lot to do with it... this was the same way he ran his mouth during the WC in Russia, he sucked the mental strenght from us and we caved in vs Argentina.... I recall the Dream Team being 3-1 down vs Brazil, ( they even missed a PK) and came back to win the game ..The Rohr wants us to PTB and fear the likes of Senegal( never won a ACFON) Morocco, Egypt, Burundi Madagascar( freaking cartoon making nation) Mauritania etc... smh
:agree: :agree:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:NO!!! it has a lot to do with it... this was the same way he ran his mouth during the WC in Russia, he sucked the mental strenght from us and we caved in vs Argentina.... I recall the Dream Team being 3-1 down vs Brazil, ( they even missed a PK) and came back to win the game ..The Rohr wants us to PTB and fear the likes of Senegal( never won a ACFON) Morocco, Egypt, Burundi Madagascar( freaking cartoon making nation) Mauritania etc... smh
But he did not suck this mental strength out when the team found itself in group of death during the WC qualifiers, this was when the general consensus was that Nigeria won't qualify. He did not suck their strength out starting from a disadvantaged position in the afcon qualifiers.

If anything I would have thought his records with African team is enough to go by, regardless of what he says. Like I said bro.. Nigerians love a good story teller. :lol: