Rohr said we have a young team and hopes to learn in Egypt

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Rohr said we have a young team and hopes to learn in Egypt

Post by Bigpokey24 »

"To say we have to win the Afcon is not my philosophy because we are a very young team
"Our young team will do the best. We have a chance to reach the last four, which for me is already a good result."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48648695

seriously what sort off coach is this ?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr said we have a young team and hopes to learn in Egy

Post by john12 »

Delusional Nigerians once again. I will start putting mandates on rohr from 2020,1,22. As of now, our team is young and we must give them time to grow achieve and dominate
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:Delusional Nigerians once again. I will start putting mandates on rohr from 2020,1,22. As of now, our team is young and we must give them time to grow achieve and dominate

No mind the mugu. He needs a job!
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Delusional Nigerians once again. I will start putting mandates on rohr from 2020,1,22. As of now, our team is young and we must give them time to grow achieve and dominate
Ok, if he lasts past this ANC you will have another excuse in 2020...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

2002, young team, we dey 2019 , the team went to the worldcup , the team has AFCON winners in it...Champs league winner in it , players playing in top leagues..excuse nah young .

Lagerback brought a power point ..rohr bring jazz

[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

This is an excuse of an incompetent coach, every time we are young :???:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:rotf: The same people that are insulting Rohr and saying we can’t score goals want him to say “ we are going to win this Afcon” but Nigeria didn’t even participate in last two Afcons despite winning the tournament the last time they did participate with a team that Nigerians where expecting to lose to Drogba and co.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

The french were young too and they won the WC ..

The team is of Rohr's own making so if they are young he chose them young ..

In any case our key players arent really that young. Balogun is 30 , Mikel is 32, ogu is 30, akpeyi is 32 , ezenwas is 30, ekong, omeruo, shehu and musa are all 26 ish , Ighalo is 30 , Etebo and Colins are 24 ..

All in all all it looks like our most likely starters are closer to 30 than 20 so where is this young team I keep hearing about ?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

BAP wrote:
The french were young too and they won the WC ..

The team is of Rohr's own making so if they are young he chose them young ..

In any case our key players arent really that young. Balogun is 30 , Mikel is 32, ogu is 30, akpeyi is 32 , ezenwas is 30, ekong, omeruo, shehu and musa are all 26 ish , Ighalo is 30 , Etebo and Colins are 24 ..

All in all all it looks like our most likely starters are closer to 30 than 20 so where is this young team I keep hearing about ?
You dey mind Rohr, its just an excuse, Uzoho, Osimhen and Chuckwueze are the real young players, and he chose them over Iheanacho that has more experience, so its his making. Even Onuachu is 24.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Where did he say that we are going to Egypt to learn?
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

"But Rohr is playing down expectation.

"Our aim at this moment is to stay humble and not get too excited," the Nigeria coach told BBC Sport."

From the same link.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

LOL that in 2019 people still do not understand that pretty much all coaches make modest statements.

Most of them do not beat their chests announcing how they will "flog their opponents"

Rohr is even saying how Burundi and Madagascar will be "tough"

It is a tactical thing that most coaches do.

You people are so desperate to bring the man down that you are latching on to his words and making them mean something else.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mystic wrote:Where did he say that we are going to Egypt to learn?
I was looking for such also and I saw nothing. Thus, where did coach Rohr say 'we are going to Egypt to learn?'
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Under promise and hopefully over deliver
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Loser coach with his loser mentality should be fired. .
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Some SE fans remind me of a certain club from London I support. Unreasonable and operating with trigger happy fingers. Always looking for reasons to fire a coach regardless of results.

Meanwhile, brother BP, have a nice evening :thumbs:
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

vancity eagle wrote:LOL that in 2019 people still do not understand that pretty much all coaches make modest statements.

Most of them do not beat their chests announcing how they will "flog their opponents"

Rohr is even saying how Burundi and Madagascar will be "tough"

It is a tactical thing that most coaches do.

You people are so desperate to bring the man down that you are latching on to his words and making them mean something else.
Perhaps he is just being modest but given his conservative approach to soccer one wonders if what he is saying isnt reflective of what he believes .

Dont recall an eagles team failing to register a single shot on goal until the Rohr era (Nigeria vs South Africa/Nigeria Vs Croatia/Nigeria Vs England 1st half ) and going by the evidence one sees, this Nations Cup will be of the same IE A non goal scoring Ighalo starting while Fast Creative strikers like Musa and Onyekuru (fastest player in the Turkish league) come off the bench in the 80th minute
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

green4life wrote:Some SE fans remind me of a certain club from London I support. Unreasonable and operating with trigger happy fingers. Always looking for reasons to fire a coach regardless of results.

Meanwhile, brother BP, have a nice evening :thumbs:
Chief how far ... :thumb:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Given same coaching expertise Do our players inadvertently listen more and adhere to instructions when it comes from a foreign coach than when it comes from Nigerian coaches. Transference is a fact of life and sometimes it is not the message alone that matters but who delivers the message and contexts. The messenger can often become an impediment in the message reception. Could this be an issue especially given our unique situation where most of our players are not based at home. Just imagine our view of the local press when we listen and feel like they talk rubbish even though they might be making sense. Rohr could be benefitting from transference factors and may in fact be indispensable despite dissatisfactory record
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

This is an excuse, I agree. There is experience in this side
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

What do you guys expect coach to say? He hasn't done bad, yes the world cup wasn't it but then what? The qualifiers was one that we hadn't seen in decades. He is better than what we have seen in ages, give the guy a chance.
He will surprise all you doubting Thomas's
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Why is he always saying that we did not make it to the last 2 ANCs? What does that have to do with this ANC. He should research why we didn't make it. In the first ANC Keshi was actually working without a contract! He was not paid over ten months and there were rows over bonuses. 2nd ANC was even worse! We completed the qualifying series with 3 different coaches! With one of the coaches dumping the team a week to a very crucial game! Please tell me how you expect a team to qualify under such circumstances? If these coaches got at least half of the support Rohr has, they would have qualified. Rohr has never won anything in his entire career! This explains why he does not have the winning mentality. Let's just see what he has to offer but the young team talk is rubbish! We are not Gabun or one of these small african teams he has been coaching, he has to be given targets, thats what is done in every job! So why should his case be different? This man has spent more than 3 yrs with the team!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

will VAR be used at the nations cup?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko