ANC Predictor - Naija vs Egypt in Quarters!?!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ANC Predictor - Naija vs Egypt in Quarters!?!

Post by oloye »

ElHadary wrote:
oloye wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
oloye wrote:Any team that meets Egypt before the final is going home

That's the old way of thinking. Egypt can be beaten fair, straight and without controversy right their in front of their own fans.

Brazil was brutally dealt with at home in 2014, russia lost at home in 18 too. There're about 8 teams who have the talent to beat Egypt anywhere anytime on any occasion. Who da flippin fack is Egypt? Na me tok am:roll:
Everyone knew Brazil was shyte going into the world Cup. Yes they won the confed Cup, but any team parading Jo must be shyte. The only surprise was the margin with which they lost, not the loss.

When Egypt play at home they play like a bunch of possessed people. I won't be surprised if all their matches is played in Cairo
Death threats are an effective way to get people to play harder!
Is it that bad? :scared: :scared: I thought it was passion from the crowd that whips them into that frenzy with which they play. :scared:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

oloye wrote:
ElHadary wrote:
oloye wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
oloye wrote:Any team that meets Egypt before the final is going home

That's the old way of thinking. Egypt can be beaten fair, straight and without controversy right their in front of their own fans.

Brazil was brutally dealt with at home in 2014, russia lost at home in 18 too. There're about 8 teams who have the talent to beat Egypt anywhere anytime on any occasion. Who da flippin fack is Egypt? Na me tok am:roll:
Everyone knew Brazil was shyte going into the world Cup. Yes they won the confed Cup, but any team parading Jo must be shyte. The only surprise was the margin with which they lost, not the loss.

When Egypt play at home they play like a bunch of possessed people. I won't be surprised if all their matches is played in Cairo
Death threats are an effective way to get people to play harder!
Is it that bad? :scared: :scared: I thought it was passion from the crowd that whips them into that frenzy with which they play. :scared:
During the Afcon Finals the last time they played in Egypt, Mubarak looked on like The Terminator ready to do what he had to do if they didn't get the job done.

There was a clear as day foul committed by Mido on a Senegalese player in the box. I mean, classic red card to the spot you go and no one can say anything about it and the ref immediately pulled off. That's when I knew there is some truth to the fact that North African sides do intimidate referees in front of their home crowds. I just hope it doesn't happen this time, because that foul was apparent and egregious. There's no two ways about that.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Why are we ignoring the fact that half of our players are sick inside some Egyptian hotel and act like nothing strange has happened,I’m not even excited about the football I need more news on the players health or I’m writing this whole thing off as fixed fake f
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Why are we ignoring the fact that half of our players are sick inside some Egyptian hotel and act like nothing strange has happened,I’m not even excited about the football I need more news on the players health or I’m writing this whole thing off as fixed fake f
We can play with 8 players on the field and still beat Burundi & Madagascar :biggrin:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

maceo4 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Why are we ignoring the fact that half of our players are sick inside some Egyptian hotel and act like nothing strange has happened,I’m not even excited about the football I need more news on the players health or I’m writing this whole thing off as fixed fake f
We can play with 8 players on the field and still beat Burundi & Madagascar :biggrin:
In between those two games we face Guinea who will also be expecting to beat those two and we don’t know if the ill players would have recovered by then.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

macea, u might be right after all with the draw against Guinea Bissau. Too much Ojoro in team selection. Too many distractors around the team.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

maceo4 wrote:
ANC wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:I dont think Nigeria, Egypt , and Senegal are on the same side of the bracket.

If we all top our groups, we cannot meet Egypt or Senegal until the final.

If we top our group we are likely to meet Cameroon or Ghana, Mali or Tunisia in the quarters.

There will likely be some very tough matches though as I doubt all group winners will be as predicted.

We have no excuse not to top our group though.

You are correct, sir.
That’s if we top our group, una no ask if we topped our group in my prediction lol
Can't believe my half joking prediction of us not topping the group came true, now we are in for some really tough opposition.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!