God is a Nigerian

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: God is a Nigerian

Post by oloye »

jette1 wrote:If VAR application is consistent there would be no criticizing it
Sometimes I wonder how some people think everyone welcomed VAR until it started malfunctioning in one direction
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Have we really qualified?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

We are all now Calculus students with AP Algebra.. Lol
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Another example of why someone wise somewhere said the best defense is a good offense. Hopefully the Naija coach find players that can run and take defenders on one on one.
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

and we will have Germany or Italy waiting for us.....
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

lacidi wrote:Have we really qualified?
Not Really, if Cameroon and Chile run up the scoreboard tomorrow, ie score 3 unanswered goals then we are out
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
charlie wrote:There is something poetically just about what happened.
Given what happened in Russia, and a few days ago in Rennes,...yes Poetically Just.
Poetically just...not on account of any bias against Nigeria on Monday...but because SFalcons' performance in this WCup shows they deserve to be amongst the last 16...

Apart from Australia? & China, we are actually better than the others competing for places as Group 3rd-placed finishers...
Well, we are not confirmed through yet so I dont want to make assumptions, but yes you are right, based on our performance in all 3 matches (except the 1st half of the Norway game), we should be part of the top 16 teams in this tourney.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

akamoke wrote:
Not Really, if Cameroon and Chile run up the scoreboard tomorrow, ie score 3 unanswered goals then we are out
Or New Zealand. CMR and NZL are both tied with the same GD. Chile can smash Thailand especially if Endler (Chilean GK) shows up again.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

So close but not quite there yet. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

akamoke wrote:
You're writing off NZealand..?
NZealand can pump 3 past Cameroun, just as Cameroun can whack them 3-0..

Chile may not even beat hapless Thailand...

Our chances suddenly seem better at the minute... :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

akamoke wrote:
Cameroon or New Zealand needs just a 2-1 victory(not to run up the score) coupled with a more than 2 goals victory for Chile for us to miss out. Both scenario has to happen but fingers crossed it wont.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

fishward6 wrote:Yes God is good we are Thru
We are not through yet but we are in the drivers seat. Right now we are 3rd in the 4 best 3rd place finishers. Cameroon or New Zealand can push us into 4th place by winning their match by more than 1 goal. If they tie, we’re in otherwise that leaves only the possibility of Chile upending us if they beat Thailand by at least 3 goals. It’s looking good, folks :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Cito wrote:
akamoke wrote:
Cameroon or New Zealand needs just a 2-1 victory(not to run up the score) coupled with a more than 2 goals victory for Chile for us to miss out. Both scenario has to happen but fingers crossed it wont.
Didn't Chile chop 4 goals against US..? And also lost to Sweden..?
Don't they need more than 2 unreplied goals to edge us..?
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
akamoke wrote:
You're writing off NZealand..?
NZealand can pump 3 past Cameroun, just as Cameroun can whack them 3-0..

Chile may not even beat hapless Thailand...

Our chances suddenly seem better at the minute... :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking:
Its still very tight. Our best bet is a draw between cameroon and new zealand or if goals scored is a tie breaker than a 1-0 win by new zealand puts us through. I don't see Chile not destroying Thailand tomorrow but hey, miracles do happen.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

So let me get this straight, chopping cane and snicking into the next round through the backdoor makes God a Nigerian? :shock: How about those winning their group, what nationality is their God? Msshhheeewww
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

pajimoh wrote:So let me get this straight, chopping cane and snicking into the next round through the backdoor makes God a Nigerian? :shock: How about those winning their group, what nationality is their God? Msshhheeewww
:clap: :clap: :clap:
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

doctorollie wrote:The same rule that 'almost' eliminated us ensured our passage to the next round tonight.

Wow ! This is poetic justice. Imagine, that Asian referee did not want to award the penalty, something so clear even to the blind!!! There is something ‘funny’ here.... hmmmn

Thanks to VAR, because of what they did to us they had no choice but to retake..

Baba God is truly a Nigerian :clap: :clap: :thumbs:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Cito wrote:
akamoke wrote:
Didn't Chile chop 4 goals against US..? And also lost to Sweden..?
Don't they need more than 2 unreplied goals to edge us..?
Their goal difference now is -5. If the win by 3, they will be on -2, same as Nigeria. The goals scored will be 3 for them and 2 for us. Goals conceded will be 5 for them and 4 for us. So who do you think will progress?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Our odds are now 95%, but we need at least one tied game tomorrow, or for Chile to win by less than 3
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... edictions/
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

fishward6 wrote:Penalty oh Argies go put us thru
Boy, I saw it! Couldn't believe the Argies came back and tied the game (3-3) in less than 30 minutes to go. As a result, it seems we will make it to the next round
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote::clap:
Whaaaaat? Are you clapping? Is that all you can say? Have you forgotten the THREAD you opened a few days ago regarding others doing what you just did?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

una can make your travel plan, Thailand looked half way decent against Sweden and Chile haven't mounted an attack all tournament, can't see them scoring three.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

The funny thing is that Thailand knows they qualify for the next round if they beat Chile and Cameroon v N Zealand ends in a tie!

Cmoke

King Futcha wrote:una can make your travel plan, Thailand looked half way decent against Sweden and Chile haven't mounted an attack all tournament, can't see them scoring three.