CAMP NEWS: FROM OUR OWN LARRY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
CAMP NEWS: FROM OUR OWN LARRY

Post by pajimoh »

Mods please drop this thread into Larry's if he opens one.

Prayers needed for our boys

We've all heard the incident about Samuel Kalu. He's potentially out of AFCON

Collins apparently has ACL trouble and Most definitely out of the AFCON

About 10 of our players fell sick, some to food poisoning, flu etc. Most of them started training about 5 days ago

This news is from Larry, posted in a WhatsApp Group setup by Cmoke

Prayers, prayers, prayers. Less of insult if the boys look lethargic. They've been through a lot

Cheers
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAMP NEWS: FROM OUR OWN LARRY

Post by aruako1 »

pajimoh wrote:Mods please drop this thread into Larry's if he opens one.

Prayers needed for our boys

We've all heard the incident about Samuel Kalu. He's potentially out of AFCON

Collins apparently has ACL trouble and Most definitely out of the AFCON

About 10 of our players fell sick, some to food poisoning, flu etc. Most of them started training about 5 days ago

This news is from Larry, posted in a WhatsApp Group setup by Cmoke

Prayers, prayers, prayers. Less of insult if the boys look lethargic. They've been through a lot

Cheers
I am praying for them.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

They are in my prayers. Guys please the team is set no amount of insults will change that now. Lets pray for our coaches and players and wish them well.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Heavenly father, please heal our players and restore their strength. Let their recovery be 100%. Protect them from further illness, injuries and any form of attack from their enemies. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Sad for Collins if true. Sad for Kalu. But I believe we have subs who will deliver.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Wow, is it too late to replace Collins or Kalu?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote:Wow, is it too late to replace Collins or Kalu?

Possibly. I have not read the rules for 2019 AFCON but replacement are allowed, without penalty, before the tournament begins. Tournament has already started.

Just heard that KELECHI IHEANACHO has been contacted by the NFF. Kalu may be done.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

It’s a set up,the dehydration was caused due to illness to start with, most importantly I wish the players a quick recovery but to be honest I’m not expecting much now in terms of winning anything sorry but Nigeria is a big team so no one is going to underestimate them despite the depleted squad!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We can always try to get players from the standby list. When did injuries occur?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Enugu II wrote:

Possibly. I have not read the rules for 2019 AFCON but replacement are allowed, without penalty, before the tournament begins. Tournament has already started.

Just heard that KELECHI IHEANACHO has been contacted by the NFF. Kalu may be done.
Wouldn't it be more vital to replace Jamilu Collins? Brown Idoyu perhaps? We are very thin at full-backs.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Paveman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Wouldn't it be more vital to replace Jamilu Collins? Brown Idoyu perhaps? We are very thin at full-backs.

I agree especially if Collins' injury is ACL. In any case, bear in mind that Aina is in camp and Simon has ben tried at that wingback position as well. Shehu should start at right wingback. If Iheanacho story is accurate, it might just be Rohr calling on his last cut since he has players who can play multiple positions already and the like-for-like replacement is not really necessary.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

News reports are stating that it’s Shehu with the injury, not Collins.
Enugu II wrote:
Paveman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

I agree especially if Collins' injury is ACL. In any case, bear in mind that Aina is in camp and Simon has ben tried at that wingback position as well. Shehu should start at right wingback. If Iheanacho story is accurate, it might just be Rohr calling on his last cut since he has players who can play multiple positions already and the like-for-like replacement is not really necessary.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I’ve been told Kalu has been given the all clear. Kelechi is probably not coming because apparently Kalu was cleared by CAF. Collins injury was news to my person who’s a journalist in Egypt. He’s checking now.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro,

Thanks for the clarification. Thus, Aina should then start except if the team moves into a 3-5-2 which would likely mean that Rohr will go with Kalu (if fit) or Simon.
Otitokoro wrote:News reports are stating that it’s Shehu with the injury, not Collins.
Enugu II wrote:
Paveman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Official line is Collins and Ighalo our with illness
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ugbowo wrote:Official line is Collins and Ighalo our with illness
Explains why Ighalo is not playing. Anywsys Flex's wishes has been granted. I hope he is happy now...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Robbynice wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Official line is Collins and Ighalo our with illness
Explains why Ighalo is not playing. Anywsys Flex's wishes has been granted. I hope he is happy now...smh

He should be removed from CE.
OCCUPY NFF!!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

A recent gastrointestinal ailment plus 100+ degree heat. Recipe for medical disaster. I hope the medical team is ahead of this. Was Kalu one of the ones that had food poisoning because it would explain a lot and also say he should be just fine
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

How can there be so much confusion and disinformation, this is absurd.

Kalu had a heart attack, then it turned into dehydration.

Collins tore his ACL and is out of AFCON, or is it just illness ?

Then it is Shehu and not Collins

I mean damn

How can there be such a discrepancies, what is the deal.

Is Collins out or not ?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote:How can there be so much confusion and disinformation, this is absurd.

I mean damn

Is Collins out or not ?
Don't you think it is possible that the coaching crew don't want to give our opponents information that could work against us?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote:How can there be so much confusion and disinformation, this is absurd.

I mean damn

Is Collins out or not ?
Look who is complaining about discrepancies.You should be laughed out of Canada for this one. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

From KOC:

https://www.colinudoh.com/2019/06/exclu ... l?spref=tw

EXCLUSIVE: IHEANACHO ON STANDBY AS NIGERIA WAIT ON CAF OVER KALU
Saturday, 22 June 2019 07:47 / by Colin

Kelechi Iheanacho (R) could be on his way to join the Super Eagles in Egypt

Kelechi Iheanacho has been contacted and placed on standby as Nigeria await a decision from the CAF Medical Committee on Samuel Kalu’s participation at the Africa Nations Cup.

Kalu, 21, collapsed during training on Friday and was taken to hospital with NFF Communications Director Ademola Olajire saying it was a case of dehydration.

But CAF officials say they are waiting on full medical report which will determine whether it was dehydration or a cardiovascular incident.

Since the incident happened within the 24-hour time window before a team is allowed before the kickoff of their opening game, Nigeria may be able to substitute the player if the CAF Medical Committee determines that he cannot compete at the tournament.

NFF officials have told me exclusively that Kelechi Iheanacho has been contacted and is on standby to join the team in that event.

However, the decision to substitute the player would have to be approved by the organising committee. Otherwise, Nigeria will be forced to prosecute the tournament with just 22 players instead of 23.

The Super Eagles kick off their tournament against Burundi at 6PM Nigeria time.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

2004, babayaro, Yak and Agali were sent home
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Lolly wrote: Heavenly father, please heal our players and restore their strength. Let their recovery be 100%. Protect them from further illness, injuries and any form of attack from their enemies. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Sad for Collins if true. Sad for Kalu. But I believe we have subs who will deliver.
AAAAMEN! (Amen)!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.