Uzoho is Crap! Babayaro

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Uzoho is Crap! Babayaro

Post by gochino »

He has a good point!.
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/05/30/a ... s-at-rohr/

OwnGoal Nigeria

Home Nigeria
Nigeria
A Local Coach Won’t Survive Retaining Uzoho As First Choice – Babayaro Hits At Rohr
May 30, 20190297

Facebook Twitter

Former Nigeria international goalkeeper Emmanuel Babayaro says the decision of coach Gernot Rohr to retain Francis Uzoho as first choice of the Super Eagles is one that should be contested.

YOU MAY LIKEMgid

Monster Jobempfehlung

Monster Jobempfehlung

Monster Jobempfehlung
Uzoho has played less than ten games at club level since after the World Cup in Russia but he still kept his spot as first choice goalkeeper of the senior national team of Nigeria.

Now on loan to Cypriot side Anorthosis famagusta, he is yet to play up to six games since his loan move from Deportivo La Coruna after losing his first choice spot at Spanish second division side Elche, where he spent the first half of the season on loan.

Babayaro said, the fact that Uzoho hasn’t played as many as 20 games, 18 months after his debut in the Laliga for Deportivo La Coruna shows that coaches don’t rate his abilities and wonder why Rohr is still keeping him as the first choice of the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

DONT MISS ==> Dutch Youngster Donyell Malen Preferred Ahead Of Nigerian Teen Nwakali By Arsenal Manager Wenger
” I can’t believe he is still the first choice goalkeeper of the Super Eagles. A country of over 100 million people deserve more than a goalkeeper who hasn’t kept up to twenty games in Europe since his debut 18 months ago at Deportivo La Coruna.

” It’s sad that Rohr is still retaining him as first choice and no local coach can try that, he won’t survive it he will be sacked by the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) , the public will make him look like the worst human on earth”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com in an exclusive chat.

Share this:
WhatsApp
More
Like this:

Facebook Twitter
As featured on NewsNow: Nigerian Football news
Nigerian Football News 24/7

Your One Stop Shop For The Latest News on Nigerian Football and Players

- For information on our services, articles and promotion,
+234 817440009
[email protected]
Contact us: [email protected]

POPULAR POSTS

More Disappointment For Nigeria As Germany Hand Call Up To Rohr’s...
November 3, 2017

Nigeria Have Stolen One Of Germany’s Brightest prospect In Fabian Senninger...
January 8, 2017
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Uzoho is Crap! Babayaro

Post by Kabalega »

What options does Rohr have? :)

He decided to go with a youngster and train him.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The guy is a fool! As one of the worst Goalies we've ever had in Nigeria he should know a bad keeper when he sees one but this is outrageous! He's obviously trying to promote his own useless keeper.
OCCUPY NFF!!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

I don't understand Uzoho myself. He made the WC worse than it should be. I feel Rohr comparing him to Akpeyi and picking the lesser of two bad goalies. I think there are other better goalies that should be considered. Ezenwa is better than both even at his advanced age, Buffon is still playing afterall.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Has anyone stepped up to give Uzoho a run for his money??
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Paveman wrote:Has anyone stepped up to give Uzoho a run for his money??
Paveman,

I believe there is a point to be made that there are certainly other keepers no worse than Uzoho at the very least. However, the fixation on getting only foreign-based stars may be limiting the options. The use of Ezenwa is beginning to read "tokenism" all over it. Simply a way to claim "Yes, we pay attention to the local scene." The members of the coaching crew must certainly have themselves to blame if after several months and years they can tell Nigerians that no better goalkeeper can be found.

IMHO, while I am one of those have given the coaching crew and Uzoho the benefit of doubt, that disposition is certainly wearing thin. If we have another calamitous outing at the upcoming AFCON there will be no place to hide. That is just my tuppence.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigeria has a way a shooting it’s self in the foot, ample time was given to sort out this goal keeping crisis but nothing has changed!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Uzoho is most definitely not a good keeper
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Enugu II wrote:
Paveman,

I believe there is a point to be made that there are certainly other keepers no worse than Uzoho at the very least. However, the fixation on getting only foreign-based stars may be limiting the options. The use of Ezenwa is beginning to read "tokenism" all over it. Simply a way to claim "Yes, we pay attention to the local scene." The members of the coaching crew must certainly have themselves to blame if after several months and years they can tell Nigerians that no better goalkeeper can be found.

IMHO, while I am one of those have given the coaching crew and Uzoho the benefit of doubt, that disposition is certainly wearing thin. If we have another calamitous outing at the upcoming AFCON there will be no place to hide. That is just my tuppence.

Rohr has always made it clear that he will only drop a player when he finds a 'better' replacement (Onazi and Brian Idowu are examples). Uzoho is not an experiment, he is more of a 'project'. If we had options doing better, then Akpeyi will be the one to be dropped, not Uzoho. The truth is, our local teams have not distinguished themselves in the continental championships and there is no one setting the scene alight abroad.

Even though Uzoho is not getting as much regular action as Rohr would want, he has always found a way to get his goal keeping coaching staff to work with him at club level. Uzoho has world cup experience under his belt, is still prone to the odd clanger but Rohr has his eyes on the long term and isn't going to jettison that plan any time soon, especially in the absence of credible alternatives.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Mr Shows wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Paveman,

Rohr has always made it clear that he will only drop a player when he finds a 'better' replacement (Onazi and Brian Idowu are examples). Uzoho is not an experiment, he is more of a 'project'. If we had options doing better, then Akpeyi will be the one to be dropped, not Uzoho. The truth is, our local teams have not distinguished themselves in the continental championships and there is no one setting the scene alight abroad.

Even though Uzoho is not getting as much regular action as Rohr would want, he has always found a way to get his goal keeping coaching staff to work with him at club level. Uzoho has world cup experience under his belt, is still prone to the odd clanger but Rohr has his eyes on the long term and isn't going to jettison that plan any time soon, especially in the absence of credible alternatives.
Ezenwa is a better option. We’ve seen him have clanger free games just like against SA, but Uzoho after his clangers vs Libya, vs Seychelles continues to be undisputed.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

maceo4 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Paveman,

Ezenwa is a better option. We’ve seen him have clanger free games just like against SA, but Uzoho after his clangers vs Libya, vs Seychelles continues to be undisputed.
Ezenwa ain't seeing much airtime either and isn't much of an improvement. It's best to let them jockey for first spot, the coaching staff see them up close and can make the call.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Mr Shows wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Paveman,

Ezenwa ain't seeing much airtime either and isn't much of an improvement. It's best to let them jockey for first spot, the coaching staff see them up close and can make the call.
But he’s not making the same clangers when he plays. Just seems our mind is made up he’s not better just because he’s home based, when based on his play (the few games he gets) he’s clearly better and less error prone.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

To be fair to Uzoho, yes he struggled to get games at Deportivo and Elche, but not sure any other Nigerian keeper would be able to break into the starting 11 if they played for those clubs. We have limited choices in the goalkeeping department, however, I do believe Rohr can do better in finding new alternatives to give Uzoho competition. I'm ok with Uzoho starting what I'm not ok with is Apkeyi being our #3 goalie.

Uzoho should get more playing time in Cyprus next season and that should improve his confidence.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

How is Enyeama doing these days? Would he like to come back to help the nation? Or he is only interested in helping the nation during the World Cup? Ole buruku!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

olu wrote:To be fair to Uzoho, yes he struggled to get games at Deportivo and Elche, but not sure any other Nigerian keeper would be able to break into the starting 11 if they played for those clubs. We have limited choices in the goalkeeping department, however, I do believe Rohr can do better in finding new alternatives to give Uzoho competition. I'm ok with Uzoho starting what I'm not ok with is Apkeyi being our #3 goalie.

Uzoho should get more playing time in Cyprus next season and that should improve his confidence.
The only reason (those in the know, know it), Uzoho made the team is because of his HEIGHT. Rohr prefers FB and tall GKs.

Uzoho is not yet good enough for this level. That's the truth.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

No.

Indeed, if we all being brutally honest, it is arguable that Uzoho is the best of a bad bunch.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho had one bad game.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

All goalkeepers make mistakes. Uzoho will redeem himself.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Waffiman wrote:
No.

Indeed, if we all being brutally honest, it is arguable that Uzoho is the best of a bad bunch.
The other GKs are better than Uzoho.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

You never watched Baruwa play did you?...
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The guy is a fool! As one of the worst Goalies we've ever had in Nigeria he should know a bad keeper when he sees one but this is outrageous! He's obviously trying to promote his own useless keeper.