MIRACLE; REMIND FALCONS THERE ARE NO SUCH THING

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
MIRACLE; REMIND FALCONS THERE ARE NO SUCH THING

Post by jette1 »

Yes chains of events definitely ended with Two African Teams in round of 16 despite the fact that we prayed for elimination of Cameroon. As much as I don't know what religion these girls belong to but that hallway sounded and looked like the wailing wall or some voodoo chamber with people openly and emotionally chanting in tongues.
as a matter or urgency someone better reinforce it to these girls that this was not a destiny. They better practice and play hard against Germany. Their next result would come only from their performance on the pitch and not from god. and that the down side of luck because after a while people would actually start thinking they are entitled to it without work
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: MIRACLE; REMIND FALCONS THERE ARE NO SUCH THING

Post by Robbynice »

Baba you too do and you are definitely trying too hard. FNF!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Personally, I never prayed for Cameroon's defeat because I wanted both African countries to make it to the next level, but ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Robbynice wrote:Baba you too do and you are definitely trying too hard. FNF!
Isn’t that what forum is for; abeg go Sidon. if you got nothing let those who get yab na haba. You be small girl. You all need to understand you can’t get people to comply to your timid moral standards.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Jette, I get your point but I think the girls were just overwhelmed with emotion. See how Oparanozie and one other girl were just weeping like babies. Others were praising their "miracle-working God" whilst others like SuperZee were just going crazy to the annoyance of some others.
Ultimately I don't think their screams to the 'miracle God' will ever compromise their belief in the need for hard work.

I personally detest this our miracle-dependent culture. Its limiting and makes us lazy, always looking for a short cut to success.
Not these girls though.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote:Jette, I get your point but I think the girls were just overwhelmed with emotion. See how Oparanozie and one other girl were just weeping like babies. Others were praising their "miracle-working God" whilst others like SuperZee were just going crazy to the annoyance of some others.
Ultimately I don't think their screams to the 'miracle God' will ever compromise their belief in the need for hard work.

I personally detest this our miracle-dependent culture. Its limiting and makes us lazy, always looking for a short cut to success.
Not these girls though.
definitely balanced perspective

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Damunk wrote:Jette, I get your point but I think the girls were just overwhelmed with emotion. See how Oparanozie and one other girl were just weeping like babies. Others were praising their "miracle-working God" whilst others like SuperZee were just going crazy to the annoyance of some others.

Not these girls though.
Personally I don't see anything wrong in the girls praying or praising the Lord. They had done the work, their best and I guess praying for favor. They were favored and when their prayers was answered they were overwhelmed with joy and they praised the Lord. Nothing wrong with that. The girls were emotional. I felt them cause even I the fan was emotional after the final whistle of the Chile/Thailand game. We all were so I don't see why guys are now acting like a tough cookie....
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

FFS, give them a break. They just went through a seizure inducing, stressful, rollercoaster chain of events during the previous day:

• Scotland goes 3-0 up with 18 minutes to go (looks like Nigeria is out)
• Scotland concedes 2 late goals and a last minute penalty (Nigeria has hope)
• The last minute penalty is missed (looks like Nigeria is out)
• The VAR orders the penalty to be retaken (Nigeria has hope)
• The retaken penalty is scored and Scotland go from 3-0 up to drawing 3-3 in the space of 16 minutes (Nigeria lives to fight another day)

The next day:

• Cameroon go 1-0 up (looks like Nigeria is out)
• Cameroon scores an own goal (Nigeria has hope)
• Cameroon scores a 95th minute winner with literally the last kick of the game (looks like Nigeria is out)
• Now the Falcons’ only hope of advancing is for the no gophers Thailand (who have conceded 17 goals in their first 2 matches) to avoid conceding 3 against Chile.
• HT: 0-0 - (Nigeria has hope)
• Chile go 2-0 up - (Nigeria in trouble)
• Chile get a penalty 5 minutes from time. If it does in, Nigeria are out:
• The penalty is smashed against the crossbar: (Nigeria has hope)
• The officials add 7 minutes of injury time (cue nerve jangling tension):

With that sequence of events affecting the Falcons’ progress and their livelihood (and after the refereeing travesties they were subjected to), only an unemotional, cold blooded being with ice running through their veins could fail to see and understand why they would react so emotionally and ascribe that incredible sequence of events to divine intervention.

Not these girls though.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I think we should cut the girls some slack. In a tournament situation, anything that brings a team together (during the tournament) ends up with positive results. That they all celebrated together, cried together will likely translate to dying for each other on the pitch. The emotions may be over the top but if it ends up building character, it is a good thing.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:Personally, I never prayed for Cameroon's defeat because I wanted both African countries to make it to the next level, but ...
seriously odas, nah this thought wey pop up from ya head ? :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Robbynice wrote:

Not these girls though.
Personally I don't see anything wrong in the girls praying or praising the Lord. They had done the work, their best and I guess praying for favor. They were favored and when their prayers was answered they were overwhelmed with joy and they praised the Lord. Nothing wrong with that. The girls were emotional. I felt them cause even I the fan was emotional after the final whistle of the Chile/Thailand game. We all were so I don't see why guys are now acting like a tough cookie....
another good perspective .. clueless damunk your next point ..roby is ahead of you on this one...where is your rebuttal
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

wait ooo, so Chile had a PK ..wow
SuperEagles

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:[/video]

wait ooo, so Chile had a PK ..wow
U need to stop watching via dialup...
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)