Paul Onuachu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Paul Onuachu

Post by Cally »

I saw enough from this player not to write him off just yet. This was our first game in, perhaps, his very first tension-packed game for the SE. I thought he did some tidy things with the ball that showed he has something to offer.

Granted, Ighalo is more experienced, but Onuachu should not be discarded just yet. I trust Nigerians to praise you this second, and curse you the next.

This Onuachu boy is still going to make a difference in this tournament.
Last edited by Cally on Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Paul Onuachu

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I think he actually did quite well considering our inability to break their defense down in the fist half. He's a massive threat threat in the air, hold up decently and actually tracks back to help in Mf. Unfortunately, he's not going to look good when the team isn't creating chances. He's definitely a keeper. With the young wingers and creative players on the horizon he's the perfect striker for this team along with Osihmen.
OCCUPY NFF!!
west33637
Egg
Egg

Post by west33637 »

Cally wrote:I saw enough from this player not to write him off just yet. This was our first game in, perhaps, his very first tension parked game for the SE. I thought he did some tidy things with the ball that showed he has something to offer.

Granted, Ighalo is more experienced, but Onuachu should not be discarded just yet. I trust Nigerians to praise you this second, and curse you the next.

I concur! The aerial threat that he brings is welcome. We haven't been dangerous in that area for quite some time. I think he showed promise
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

OK. But he shouldn't play in this tournament again, save that for friendlies.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Cally wrote:I saw enough from this player not to write him off just yet. This was our first game in, perhaps, his very first tension parked game for the SE. I thought he did some tidy things with the ball that showed he has something to offer.

Though I’ll always have a bias for pacy forwards (which he is not) I agree with you. He wasn’t bad and did strike me as mostly lacking service. That being said, I doubt he would have been in position, let alone score the goal Ighalo scored.

He needs a bit more time and club experience
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Ppl keep saying that we didn’t create chances....the striker needs to move for you to create for him, the guy is not mobile and we don’t have wingers that are great in crossing the ball..... let’s see what Oshimen can do before we crown Ighalo though...
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enyi wrote:Ppl keep saying that we didn’t create chances....the striker needs to move for you to create for him, the guy is not mobile and we don’t have wingers that are great in crossing the ball..... let’s see what Oshimen can do before we crown Ighalo though...
It's not about crowning anyone Ighalo scored the only goal so obviously he deserves some merit!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nah the guy was horrible today, loses possession easily for a big man ....the guy shouldn't even be ahead of osieme
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Nah the guy was horrible today, loses possession easily for a big man ....the guy shouldn't even be ahead of osieme
Not ready for the tournament.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Yekini struggled in many matches for Nigeria before he finally came good. Onuachu has an aerial presence no one else on the team does and they didn't play to that strength. I expected a ton of crosses to be whipped into the box but nada. Samu kept trying to dribble his way into a cul-de-sac. Iwobi had a couple of nice crosses but that's about it. Musa can't cross to save his life.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

theYemster wrote:Yekini struggled in many matches for Nigeria before he finally came good. Onuachu has an aerial presence no one else on the team does and they didn't play to that strength. I expected a ton of crosses to be whipped into the box but nada. Samu kept trying to dribble his way into a cul-de-sac. Iwobi had a couple of nice crosses but that's about it. Musa can't cross to save his life.
Rubbish..smh comparing that horrible first touch to yekini. That guy should never have started ....there's a reason he is stuck at Denmark
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

This guy got selected on the back of a goal scorer against Egypt ....... however he hasn’t proved to be quality striker as he hasn’t scored since. Playing in Norway is the standard that high? I was particularly disappointed with the two changes he had one in the air that the goal keeper saved and the weak shot which the goalkeeper save I thought he got have taken an extra touch to get closer and finish.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

theYemster wrote:]Yekini struggled in many matches for Nigeria before he finally came good. Onuachu has an aerial presence no one else on the team does and they didn't play to that strength. I expected a ton of crosses to be whipped into the box but nada. Samu kept trying to dribble his way into a cul-de-sac. Iwobi had a couple of nice crosses but that's about it. Musa can't cross to save his life.
I will like you to mention those games. That is a fat lie.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Flex Swift wrote:This guy got selected on the back of a goal scorer against Egypt ....... however he hasn’t proved to be quality striker as he hasn’t scored since. Playing in Norway is the standard that high? I was particularly disappointed with the two changes he had one in the air that the goal keeper saved and the weak shot which the goalkeeper save I thought he got have taken an extra touch to get closer and finish.

Abeg sharap dia. Nobody wishing injury on our players is allowed here. Logout now! :curse:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:This guy got selected on the back of a goal scorer against Egypt ....... however he hasn’t proved to be quality striker as he hasn’t scored since. Playing in Norway is the standard that high? I was particularly disappointed with the two changes he had one in the air that the goal keeper saved and the weak shot which the goalkeeper save I thought he got have taken an extra touch to get closer and finish.

Abeg sharap dia. Nobody wishing injury on our players is allowed here. Logout now! :curse:
I got your attention !!!! now you will be watching Akepyi & Ighalo closely and guess what??? If Nigeria plays like that against Egypt’s , Ivory Coast or Senegal in the knockout rounds it will be game over now that is a reason for you the shake
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:I saw enough from this player not to write him off just yet. This was our first game in, perhaps, his very first tension-packed game for the SE. I thought he did some tidy things with the ball that showed he has something to offer.

I agree.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Onuachu offers physical presence but he is not using it to manhandle and draw defenders like Emenike for example.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

The guy will be fine. Chillax
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Paul Onuachu will come good. Like all players, he just needs to work out the difference between club and international football. He must exploit his physicality but must never depend on it alone like he did against Burundi. Making off-the-ball runs and presenting threats every time he has the ball is the mark of a club football player that has fully grasped international football. It took Yekini a while too to blend into the SE.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
theYemster wrote:Yekini struggled in many matches for Nigeria before he finally came good. Onuachu has an aerial presence no one else on the team does and they didn't play to that strength. I expected a ton of crosses to be whipped into the box but nada. Samu kept trying to dribble his way into a cul-de-sac. Iwobi had a couple of nice crosses but that's about it. Musa can't cross to save his life.
Rubbish..smh comparing that horrible first touch to yekini. That guy should never have started ....there's a reason he is stuck at Denmark
Why do you always have to make an a$s of yourself? Are you that desperate for attention? I specifically referred to Yekini EARLY in his career but you choose to misrepresent what I said. And yes, Yekini was a clumsy bumbling player early in his career.

Even though he scored at Maroc and Seoul 88, his profile began to rise at Algiers 90 from whence he became the player he became. And even so, Onuachu seems like he might be better in the air than Yekini. And don't forget Yekini had a "dead" left foot.

Just because I acknowledge some weaknesses in his game doesn't diminish his legacy. On the contrary, the fact that he was able to accomplish what he did despise those weaknesses is a testament to his overall greatness.

The overall point here is to suggest that just like Yekini did, Onuachu is capable of growing into a more deadly striker despite the (perceived) flaws in his game presently.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

He won 12 duels. got into 23 duels in total and won 15.

Its clear his job was to play with back to goal, hold up, get into a heading position, expect crosses amnd score. he's scored over 70% of his goal with headers and that was the plan exactly.

Iwobi (4 crosses, none was connected by any player) and Aina (4crosses, 2 success) whipped in crosses especially in the 2nd half but they were not properly targeted.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

chief nfachairman wrote:He won 12 duels. got into 23 duels in total and won 15.

Its clear his job was to play with back to goal, hold up, get into a heading position, expect crosses amnd score. he's scored over 70% of his goal with headers and that was the plan exactly.

Iwobi (4 crosses, none was connected by any player) and Aina (4crosses, 2 success) whipped in crosses especially in the 2nd half but they were not properly targeted.
You won't hear me slandering him, I think he did his job well as a 'holding' striker, however he did have like about 3 headed opportunities (uncontested) and put only one on target though it was a really tame effort. I don't think he's an Olivier Bierrhoff with his head so we shouldn't be relying on that, maybe we can use his holding qualities to kill off games, but playing in this manner he won't score too many goals on this SE team, even with Kalu in there serving crosses.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
peppersoup
Egg
Egg

Post by peppersoup »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Yekini had an horrible first touch until way later in his career. To make it worse, his heading was atrocious too
"His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular."