Rohr should release Akpeyi ..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr should release Akpeyi ..

Post by vancity eagle »

Kai Rohr finished Uzoho, saying that he is 3rd choice.

He claimed that Ezenwa was injured and that now he is back, he will have to decide between him and Akpeyi.

Knowing Rohr I cannot see Akpeyi not starting, but I hope I am wrong. Anyways better he gets exposed now rather than the latter stages. I hope Guinea pepper our net so that Rohr is finally forced to bench this clown.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote:Kai Rohr finished Uzoho, saying that he is 3rd choice.

He claimed that Ezenwa was injured and that now he is back, he will have to decide between him and Akpeyi.

Knowing Rohr I cannot see Akpeyi not starting, but I hope I am wrong. Anyways better he gets exposed now rather than the latter stages. I hope Guinea pepper our net so that Rohr is finally forced to bench this clown.
This thread will be a memorial, like when you hoped CIV will beat Nigeria, in order for Keshi to be sacked. You will eat humble pies
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ohenhen1 wrote:
1naija wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Watching the 2nd half again. I think Uzoho has better fundamentals than Akpeyi that is why he is error prone. Akpeyi is the better shot stopper right now. Just after we scored. Akpeyi dropped a simple catch almost gifted the equalizer. The guy was punching shots away that he should have grabbed. Punching shots away that were going wide.
Can we try Ezenwa against Guinea?
You guys are talking about Uzoho as if we have never seen him as a SE goalkeeper. There is no way Rohr would be using Akpeyi now if Uzoho was good. He may turn out to be a good goalkeeper later, but right now he is NOT a national team caliber goalkeeper.

Uzoho played well at the world cup. He must be really bad to lose out to Akpeyi.
He is.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
1naija wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Watching the 2nd half again. I think Uzoho has better fundamentals than Akpeyi that is why he is error prone. Akpeyi is the better shot stopper right now. Just after we scored. Akpeyi dropped a simple catch almost gifted the equalizer. The guy was punching shots away that he should have grabbed. Punching shots away that were going wide.
You guys are talking about Uzoho as if we have never seen him as a SE goalkeeper. There is no way Rohr would be using Akpeyi now if Uzoho was good. He may turn out to be a good goalkeeper later, but right now he is NOT a national team caliber goalkeeper.

Uzoho played well at the world cup. He must be really bad to lose out to Akpeyi.
You watched a different World Cup; in retrospect that Messi’s goal was a child play and either Ezenwa or Akpeyi would have effortlessly parried it. Second Argentina goal same thing; he dove like 2 minutes after ball was already in net. Dude lacks monkey-like reflexes.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

ohenhen1 wrote:Watching the 2nd half again. I think Uzoho has better fundamentals than Akpeyi that is why he is error prone. Akpeyi is the better shot stopper right now. Just after we scored. Akpeyi dropped a simple catch almost gifted the equalizer. The guy was punching shots away that he should have grabbed. He tries catching that and it will get into his post. He punched it clear as any experienced keeper will Punching shots away that were going wideThere was a slight deflection off our defender and he was trying to avoid a corner..
Be fair in your opinion bro. He is better than Uzoho at the moment. Period.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I think keeping Akpeyi in goal borders on malpractice. I haven’t agreed with all Rohr’s coaching/selection decisions, but I’ve always thought they were justifiable.

But this one….Naah. I think Akpeyi has good enough reflexes to start, but we all know the issue with him. Its in his brain.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Van city, sometimes you make valid statements then ruin it when you disavow you’re team because of an unfavorable player. You should never ever ever ever wish Nigeria lose or concede goals regardless of who’s playing or keeping. Ultimately, Nigeria comes forst
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

john12 wrote:Van city, sometimes you make valid statements then ruin it when you disavow you’re team because of an unfavorable player. You should never ever ever ever wish Nigeria lose or concede goals regardless of who’s playing or keeping. Ultimately, Nigeria comes forst
My brother help me tell am oh. This is what I don't get about VE and some fans. I mean make your point and keep it moving but always wish the players well. If they do well, Nigeria will be good for it and we the fans will be happy for it.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

deanotito wrote:I think keeping Akpeyi in goal borders on malpractice. I haven’t agreed with all Rohr’s coaching/selection decisions, but I’ve always thought they were justifiable.

But this one….Naah. I think Akpeyi has good enough reflexes to start, but we all know the issue with him. Its in his brain.
First of all, let me say this I support the coach 100% on whatever decision made. He is with the players and he knows what they all bring to the table. If Rohr says Akpeyi is better then who am I to complain?

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Robbynice wrote:
deanotito wrote:I think keeping Akpeyi in goal borders on malpractice. I haven’t agreed with all Rohr’s coaching/selection decisions, but I’ve always thought they were justifiable.

First of all, let me say this I support the coach 100% on whatever decision made. He is with the players and he knows what they all bring to the table. If Rohr says Akpeyi is better then who am I to complain?
I don’t know where you borrowed this orientation from, but in your defense, you’ve been on it for years. 100% support of a coach? For what purpose? Do you 100% support your president? Congressman?

I think you believe this is some sort of duty of a fan, but like I say, I no know where you bin get am.

I’ve said many times that’s i like Rohr and think he’s a very mature coach. But if he starts Akpeyi again, to me, it’s pretty much malpractice. And no matter the profession, malpractice happens. Soccer coach or Doctor.

For the WC, I supported Ezenwa over Uzoho but I could understand why Rohr could think different. Between those 2, it was a marginal decision. But then, as now, Akpeyi was the undisputed last choice for me. And, dare I say, malpractice ....
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:Van city, sometimes you make valid statements then ruin it when you disavow you’re team because of an unfavorable player. You should never ever ever ever wish Nigeria lose or concede goals regardless of who’s playing or keeping. Ultimately, Nigeria comes forst

Did I say I hope we lose ?

Best case scenario we win 4-2 with 2 Akpeyi gaffes leading to goals, and leading to his deserved confinement to the bench.

Abeg we must go with Ezenwa.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

deanotito wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

I don’t know where you borrowed this orientation from, but in your defense, you’ve been on it for years. 100% support of a coach? For what purpose? Do you 100% support your president? Congressman?

I think you believe this is some sort of duty of a fan, but like I say, I no know where you bin get am.

I’ve said many times that’s i like Rohr and think he’s a very mature coach. But if he starts Akpeyi again, to me, it’s pretty much malpractice. And no matter the profession, malpractice happens. Soccer coach or Doctor.

For the WC, I supported Ezenwa over Uzoho but I could understand why Rohr could think different. Between those 2, it was a marginal decision. But then, as now, Akpeyi was the undisputed last choice for me. And, dare I say, malpractice ....
My point is I support the coach's decision 100% because they know better. We are just fans looking in from the outside. The coaches live and die by their decisions which is manifested in the results. I just don't like fans acting like they know better than the coach. If the coaches that see these boys everyday say Akpeyi is the best to start then so be it. That is my point. I really didn't think that was difficult to get TBH.

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Robbynice wrote:
My brother help me tell am oh. This is what I don't get about VE and some fans. I mean make your point and keep it moving but always wish the players well. If they do well, Nigeria will be good for it and we the fans will be happy for it.

wetin small pikin like you sabi?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Robbynice wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

My point is I support the coach's decision 100% because they know better. We are just fans looking in from the outside. The coaches live and die by their decisions which is manifested in the results. I just don't like fans acting like they know better than the coach. If the coaches that see these boys everyday say Akpeyi is the best to start then so be it. That is my point. I really didn't think that was difficult to get TBH.
TBH Akpeyi doesn't look the part, on the green grass :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Fact not feelings :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

wetin small pikin like me sabi? Shaking my damn head.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

wetin small pikin like me sabi? Shaking my damn head.
This is a shame mehn, a damn shame if you ask me smh :rotf:

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Robbynice wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Your point was crystal clear. E just dey bizarre. You’re confusing supporting your team with supporting the coach’s decisions 100%. Do you support the NFF 100%? Aren’t they also closer to our football than you are? If we support the coach 100%, what on earth are we doing on a forum? Though fans are no doubt more crazy, I’ve seen many a coach do stupid things as well. On what basis would I support 100%? There would be far less threads on CE if we supported the coach 10%. What on earth would bee be talking about? Might as well move to North Korea.

Loud criticisms reach the coach’s ear, and can Force change. It’s not only a choice, I think if you love your team, it’s a responsibility.

I still remember the noise that was generated by fans and Mourinho after our first game in the World Cup - about Mikel’s unsuitability for #10. Rohr even cited it as somewhat responsible for his decision to change.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Robbynice wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

The funny thing about all the noise here is Rohr may be many things, but one thing no one can accuse him of is selecting players that are not the best we have. Rohr has give every good player we have an opportunity to prove himself. The same Rohr did not play Akpeyi in many competitive game, so no one that "him head dey house" can accuse him of selecting Akpeyi on feelings. His results, especially in Africa speaks volumes. A coach that has only lost one competitive game in Africa since taking over should never be questioned. The Super Eagles will be ready for any team we face.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

The funny thing about all the noise here is Rohr may be many things, but one thing no one can accuse him of is selecting players that are not the best we have. Rohr has give every good player we have an opportunity to prove himself. The same Rohr did not play Akpeyi in many competitive game, so no one that "him head dey house" can accuse him of selecting Akpeyi on feelings. His results, especially in Africa speaks volumes. A coach that has only lost one competitive game in Africa since taking over should never be questioned. The Super Eagles will be ready for any team we face.
He doesn’t have to select based on feelings to be wrong. I like the man and feel he has been very successful, but that does not absolve him of criticism. And on Akpeyi, it is criticism well deserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

At age 32 he should be at the peak of his career. If this is the best he will ever be - oh dear...

Like Deanotito said, we do not need a GK with cat like DDG or Enyeama reflexes. Just one that can do the basic like catch the ball and take goal kicks. If Akpeyi is struggling with those things at almost age 33, I honestly do not know what he is doing in the national team.
fajex wrote:
deanotito wrote:Some people just dont get it. Your keeper doesnt have to be outstanding. You don't necessarily need an Enyeama type. BUT you do need your keeper not to be the cause of your defeat.

Akpeyi, with his constant brain freezes, is the kind of keeper that costs a team. I really don't care about the point blank save. I care about those mistakes. You cannot have that in a keeper/defender. You can tolerate it in a striker...a striker can do bone headed things, but if he still gives you a goal every other game, you're fine. A keeper? No.

My bros, I said it in another thread that Akpeyi is a calamity waiting to happen. He is erratic and a course mate from S.A who sees him more often says the same about him...” he pulls off one or two good saves and fumbles easy balls through the match as though he forgets where he is”. (His perspective, but seems this thot is fact as we see more of it on occasion when he plays for us).
If he were young, then i’ll say there is some hope for him to get some counseling and therapy for his confidence, however with the number of years he has as a professional player, I think he is done. Olufemi Kayode, Ezenwa and Theophilus Afelokhai do the simple things better and never freeze during a match. I really wished Mr Alloy Agu (goalkeeper trainer) just watched African champions league or CAF cup matches even if he does not watch local league matches. Alloy will cost Rohr his job the way I see it.
The worst case scenario, we can nationalize nana bonsu of Ghana (Rangers keeper),cos mr Akpeyi has shown he can’t cut it