Rohr should release Akpeyi ..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rohr should release Akpeyi ..

Post by 1naija »

vancity eagle wrote:It is very possible that Akpeyi is the worst goalkeeper in this entire tournamnet.

He is definately worse than every keeper who has played thus far.

I wait to see any other keepers make such stupid gaffes. I just haven't seen it.
He has a shut out!!! That's all that counts.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Mr Shows wrote:
Enugu II wrote:What happens when he makes AFCON tournament xi? :lol:
What :blink:, of the top 10 calamity goals of the tournament?
Mr. Shows,

Na like joke + film wey im go do una when im make tournament XI. Abeg, make una bring una award for me, make una no forget ooo! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

1naija wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:It is very possible that Akpeyi is the worst goalkeeper in this entire tournamnet.

He is definately worse than every keeper who has played thus far.

I wait to see any other keepers make such stupid gaffes. I just haven't seen it.
He has a shut out!!! That's all that counts.
We are talking Soccer here.............real FOOTBALL.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

ohenhen1 wrote:The problem is Rohr in his wisdom decided not to play Uzoho and Ezenwa who both didnt get alot of game action with their clubs in the two friendlies.

Ezenwa was Katsina United's number one goalie last season. He was injured in training and Akpeyi seized the opportunity. It seems that Uzoho is the number 3 goalkeeper for now, at least until he sorts himself out at club level.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The problem is Rohr in his wisdom decided not to play Uzoho and Ezenwa who both didnt get alot of game action with their clubs in the two friendlies.
The problem is WE DON'T HAVE ANY GREAT 'KEEPERS.
Finish!
Enyeama masked this deficiency for years and we are now facing reality. Fate then dealt us a sad blow with Ikeme's illness.
For God's sake, there was once upon a time a time when AGBIM was our national keeper!

So stop using every opportunity to blame somebody for an endemic problem that goes back many years. Maybe you expect him to go and beg De Hea or Courtois to change nationalities.

When he was begging Enyeama to reconsider I'm sure you were one of those arguing we "were are fine in that dept"

Abeg, go siddon.
Or better still, put your money where your mouth is and go scout a world class keeper hiding on Pluto if necessary and present him to Rohr. :roll:
True we don't have any great goalies, that is why I am not asking for Rohr use Uzoho in our next match. Akpeyi guy does not appear to inspire confidence at all. Any time they play a back pass to him, fear dey catch me.
I hear you, but tbh the same fear dey catch me with Ezenwa (rushing out like an armed robber dem dey pursue) and Uzoho who likes to stand around like a NEPA pole with low current.

They are all responsible for the high BP in Nigeria.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Cheiii!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Finish!
Enyeama masked this deficiency for years and we are now facing reality. Fate then dealt us a sad blow with Ikeme's illness.
For God's sake, there was once upon a time a time when AGBIM was our national keeper!

So stop using every opportunity to blame somebody for an endemic problem that goes back many years. Maybe you expect him to go and beg De Hea or Courtois to change nationalities.

When he was begging Enyeama to reconsider I'm sure you were one of those arguing we "were are fine in that dept"

Abeg, go siddon.
Or better still, put your money where your mouth is and go scout a world class keeper hiding on Pluto if necessary and present him to Rohr. :roll:
True we don't have any great goalies, that is why I am not asking for Rohr use Uzoho in our next match. Akpeyi guy does not appear to inspire confidence at all. Any time they play a back pass to him, fear dey catch me.
I hear you, but tbh the same fear dey catch me with Ezenwa (rushing out like an armed robber dem dey pursue) and Uzoho who likes to stand around like a NEPA pole with low current.

Not fair though, he did that once and hasn’t repeated it since. He played the entire SA game without much of a blunder, really don’t know why he isn’t given more of a chance.
Sorry....which of the three are you referring to?
Ezenwa, he kept vs SA away and didn’t really have any blunders.

Yep. Ezenwa is better than Akpeyi. That's for sure.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

mystic wrote:

Ezenwa was Katsina United's number one goalie last season. He was injured in training and Akpeyi seized the opportunity. It seems that Uzoho is the number 3 goalkeeper for now, at least until he sorts himself out at club level.
He moved from Enyimba?. He was backing up Afelokhai 2 seasons ago.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Yes might as well try Uzoho in the next game. Lets see what the young man can do.

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

ohenhen1 wrote:
mystic wrote:

He moved from Enyimba?. He was backing up Afelokhai 2 seasons ago.

Yes. He had a stellar season at Katsina Utd this past season.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

So in the whole of Nigeria none of the goalkeepers playing in any of the clubs or academy’s, universities none is better than Akpeyi??? I find it very bad to believe !!!!!!

To prevent this sort of thing from happening and to build depth I think the NFF should come up with a creative way to encourage goal keepers. Awards and cash prizes, maybe during the super four completion you a goalkeeping tournament similar to the slam dunk competition where free kicks and penalties are taken against a number of keepers who would show off their agility in diving etc. As far back as Best Ogedenbe Nigeria has done nothing to encourage or develop the goal keeping department.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

I think it's rather sad, when threads are open to malign a players, especially Daniel.

For all his so called faults, Daniel kept a clean sheet yesterday. Secondly for those shouting Uzoho (the young man only made the team because he is tall and played in Spanish third division). Let's not forget that Rohr sent his goal keeping coach to give Uzoho extra coaching before the world cup (not saying extra lessons are bad).

Either way, Daniel will be in Gk throughout the nations cup, other qualifier and the next world cup.

So you better turn off your TV.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

fabio wrote:I think it's rather sad, when threads are open to malign a players, especially Daniel.

For all his so called faults, Daniel kept a clean sheet yesterday. Secondly for those shouting Uzoho (the young man only made the team because he is tall and played in Spanish third division). Let's not forget that Rohr sent his goal keeping coach to give Uzoho extra coaching before the world cup (not saying extra lessons are bad).

Either way, Daniel will be in Gk throughout the nations cup, other qualifier and the next world cup.

If that is true, Rohr would be fired right after the Afcon. The new coach won't risk his job by playing Akpeyi.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Finish!

Abeg, go siddon.

:rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote:Yes might as well try Uzoho in the next game. Lets see what the young man can do.
He played 3wc games and 4 top friendlies and didn't commit any major blunders but you still crucified him. Now you want to see what he can do?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

zee wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Sir V wrote:...and let him go home make i no go faint.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Sir V is on fire :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My bro, you don watch Naija play with SirV. Na fire oh.

Na true SirV tok. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:
fabio wrote:I think it's rather sad, when threads are open to malign a players, especially Daniel.

If that is true, Rohr would be fired right after the Afcon. The new coach won't risk his job by playing Akpeyi.
Ohenhen1,

Will he be fired if Nigeria finishes in the top four with Akpeyi in goal? I think not. The fact is that Uzoho, IMHO, is just not as good as Akpeyi at this time. Akpeyi is a seasoned goalie but one that makes a mistake that is maddening at times. If Nigeria had better options, Akpeyi will not be in goal. But at this time, Uzoho is just not an option. We have seen enough him and I saw nothing, IMHO, that should make him preferable to Akpeyi.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Ohenhen1,

Will he be fired if Nigeria finishes in the top four with Akpeyi in goal? I think not. The fact is that Uzoho, IMHO, is just not as good as Akpeyi at this time. Akpeyi is a seasoned goalie but one that makes a mistake that is maddening at times. If Nigeria had better options, Akpeyi will not be in goal. But at this time, Uzoho is just not an option. We have seen enough him and I saw nothing, IMHO, that should make him preferable to Akpeyi.
I kpom this.

Akpeyi and Ezenwa are currently better than Uzoho. So Rohr better keep Uzoho far away from that post.
Akpeyi for all his issues is not as bad as portrayed on these pages. Fact is his body language and facial expressions makes your heart jump into your tummy when he is picked to man the post. His few gaffes then confirms your impression of fear emanating from him.
But if you take another look at his performances you will realize he is not that bad. Most Nigerians just have no confidence in him due to mob mentality but reality says otherwise. Yesterday his drop in the 6 yard could have been costly but that was only issue he had in the game.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Cito wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Ohenhen1,

I kpom this.

Akpeyi and Ezenwa are currently better than Uzoho. So Rohr better keep Uzoho far away from that post.
Akpeyi for all his issues is not as bad as portrayed on these pages. Fact is his body language and facial expressions makes your heart jump into your tummy when he is picked to man the post. His few gaffes then confirms your impression of fear emanating from him.
But if you take another look at his performances you will realize he is not that bad. Most Nigerians just have no confidence in him due to mob mentality but reality says otherwise. Yesterday his drop in the 6 yard could have been costly but that was only issue he had in the game.

That was not the only issue he had in the game (the mishandling of Omeruo's backpass gifted the opponents a corner). Also, there is no way to separate his gaffes from his saves. That is part and parcel of who he is as a goalkeeper. Which means that every game that he starts is a gamble that one of his gaffes won't cost you the game.

Having said that, I agree with the notion of leaving Uzoho on the bench. He practically had no games last season, and that manifested itself in the Seychelles game. It's either Akpeyi or Ezenwa, and Ezenwa's injury in camp opened the door for Akpeyi. But at some point Ezenwa will get his opportunity.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

My main gripe here is if Uzoho has lost form and he is now third choice. Why did he take him to Afcon. Also when will Ezenwa regain full fitness?

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

ohenhen1 wrote:My main gripe here is if Uzoho has lost form and he is now third choice. Why did he take him to Afcon. Also when will Ezenwa regain full fitness?
The way I see it, Akpeyi won the goalkeeping job in practice.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Robbynice wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:My main gripe here is if Uzoho has lost form and he is now third choice. Why did he take him to Afcon. Also when will Ezenwa regain full fitness?
Against poor competition and a player dealing with injury.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Robbynice wrote:
Exactly.
If Ezenwa's injury was so bad they would have asked to have him replaced. But they didn't.
So it doesn't seem it is injury keeping him out. It is that Akpeyi has proved to be the best option of the three.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Against poor competition and a player dealing with injury.
Well call it what you want to call it but if he won the job, you can't blame the coaching crew going with him. We all want the players competing for the starting job and it shouldn't matter if our favored players don't get the starting job.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger