Rohr should release Akpeyi ..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rohr should release Akpeyi ..

Post by Sir V »

...and let him go home make i no go faint.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: They should release Akpeyi ..

Post by zee »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

2 calamitous errors which could have lead to goals. aNd this is against the worst ranked team in this tournament.

I told you all we aint going nowhere with this clown.

Abeg bring on Ezenwa.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

where are those idiots who told us this is the best keeper we have.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

vancity eagle wrote:where are those idiots who told us this is the best keeper we have.
My bro, Akpeyi na basket
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

we are not winning AFCON with that clown in net.

Do you think France will win anything with Akpeyi in goal ?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr should release Akpeyi ..

Post by deanotito »

Some people just dont get it. Your keeper doesnt have to be outstanding. You don't necessarily need an Enyeama type. BUT you do need your keeper not to be the cause of your defeat.

Akpeyi, with his constant brain freezes, is the kind of keeper that costs a team. I really don't care about the point blank save. I care about those mistakes. You cannot have that in a keeper/defender. You can tolerate it in a striker...a striker can do bone headed things, but if he still gives you a goal every other game, you're fine. A keeper? No.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

vancity eagle wrote:2 calamitous errors which could have lead to goals. aNd this is against the worst ranked team in this tournament.

I told you all we aint going nowhere with this clown.

Abeg bring on Ezenwa.
So its Enzenwa that does not make mistakes?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

it is plain craziness that Rhor would play a keeper like that. I mean wtf? Enyimba,Rangers, Kano Pillars goalkeepers can’t be as bad as this. This is unforgivable.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Goalgetter wrote:it is plain craziness that Rhor would play a keeper like that. I mean wtf? Enyimba,Rangers, Kano Pillars goalkeepers can’t be as bad as this. This is unforgivable.
They are not, but the coach had 3 keepers on his shortlist for AFCON, and did not bother to see the NPFL Super six.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

deanotito wrote:Some people just dont get it. Your keeper doesnt have to be outstanding. You don't necessarily need an Enyeama type. BUT you do need your keeper not to be the cause of your defeat.

Akpeyi, with his constant brain freezes, is the kind of keeper that costs a team. I really don't care about the point blank save. I care about those mistakes. You cannot have that in a keeper/defender. You can tolerate it in a striker...a striker can do bone headed things, but if he still gives you a goal every other game, you're fine. A keeper? No.

KPOM
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

deanotito wrote:Some people just dont get it. Your keeper doesnt have to be outstanding. You don't necessarily need an Enyeama type. BUT you do need your keeper not to be the cause of your defeat.

My bros, I said it in another thread that Akpeyi is a calamity waiting to happen. He is erratic and a course mate from S.A who sees him more often says the same about him...” he pulls off one or two good saves and fumbles easy balls through the match as though he forgets where he is”. (His perspective, but seems this thot is fact as we see more of it on occasion when he plays for us).
If he were young, then i’ll say there is some hope for him to get some counseling and therapy for his confidence, however with the number of years he has as a professional player, I think he is done. Olufemi Kayode, Ezenwa and Theophilus Afelokhai do the simple things better and never freeze during a match. I really wished Mr Alloy Agu (goalkeeper trainer) just watched African champions league or CAF cup matches even if he does not watch local league matches. Alloy will cost Rohr his job the way I see it.
The worst case scenario, we can nationalize nana bonsu of Ghana (Rangers keeper),cos mr Akpeyi has shown he can’t cut it
Last edited by fajex on Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sir V wrote:...and let him go home make i no go faint.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Word.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Akpeyi is a good keeper but he has these littles distractions or demons for two seconds and realizes he has flopped and try’s to recover. Like a lack of concentration .

Uzoho would have conceded some of akpeyi saves that’s my opinion. Akpeyi seems better than uzoho
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

osita wrote:Akpeyi is a good keeper but he has these littles distractions or demons for two seconds and realizes he has flopped and try’s to recover. Like a lack of concentration .

Uzoho would have conceded some of akpeyi saves that’s my opinion. Akpeyi seems better than uzoho
Bros this little distractions and demons would have cost us today. A goalie can not afford that sir. The back pass fumble and the one with the easy catch that our female goalie would have easily smothered put us under un - needed pressure when the opposition saw that we had a light weight in goal.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Akpeyi makes me laugh, I won't lie. he sabi pass with him feet, however bobo no dey concentrate
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

He does some very stupid things but his reflexes are quite good. He doesn't appear to be very sharp up there.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Daniel Akpeteshi.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Kpom Kwem!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fajex wrote:My bros, I said it in another thread that Akpeyi is a calamity waiting to happen. He is erratic and a course mate from S.A who sees him more often says the same about him...” he pulls off one or two good saves and fumbles easy balls through the match as though he forgets where he is”. (His perspective, but seems this thot is fact as we see more of it on occasion when he plays for us).
It is indeed worrying and one can only speculate as to why this keeps happening.
But we have to concede that Rohr and Agu are not stupid, they are not visually impaired, they have not been bribed, nobody has 'sworn' for them and Akpeyi himself has not done juju for them. :P

So if they feel he is the best we have at the moment, let us respect that and not start acting all-knowing from behind a keyboard 5000 miles away. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Waffiman wrote:
Sir V wrote:...and let him go home make i no go faint.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Sir V is on fire :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo