Chukwueze na baller

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chukwueze na baller

Post by theYemster »

zee wrote:
theYemster wrote:
zee wrote:
Sir V wrote:
theYemster wrote:Possibly our most impressive prospect. But his decision making is suspect. Ofttimes he seemed to play more for himself than the team. Tries to take on defenders ofttimes unnecessarily. He needs to cut that out.

He also needs to improve on his crossing if not he'll become too one dimensional. That's what made Finidi special, he could cross, pass, cut inside, dibble a little, and shoot.
Kpom. Some of my friends here don't know that football is a team game.
Most Gifted world class players were bloody 'selfish' as young players...........read also CR7 in his early days at ManU or our own Jayjay.
Don't ever kill the genius in them by some nonsense about 'team play', the world have enough of AVERAGE footballers to deliver the boring team play.
It's okay for a striker to be selfish, because he's the last line of attack, so go for goal. Midfielders, wingers, not so much. Need to carry the rest of the team along.

As for Jay Jay, as successful as he was, I believe that aspect of his game prevented him from attaining his full potential, maybe winning a few APOTYs? At the end of the day it's about results. He only started to realise that late in his career.
What about the young Ronaldino or the immortal........................Diego Armando Maradona as a young player.
Selfishness for future world class players is a given as young players.
Maradona was not selfish. Clearly you need really watched him play.

Ronaldinho too was selfish and that's why he never fully attained his true potential. He's more skillful than Messi and Ronaldo yet you could argue they both eclipsed him in their respective careers.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ekorian wrote:
john12 wrote:How come no one is mentioning him? I think we have a potential star. Hopefully, he maximizes his talent and. Become great. Too skillful
Were you on the game's thread to know that no one mentioned him or this is just another peacock monent
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Benedict Iroha wrote:It would be nice to see him and Onyekuru on either flank. Put Iwobi in Mikel's role, start Ighalo upfront and Musa from the bench.
Gbam
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

zee wrote:
Sir V wrote:
theYemster wrote:Possibly our most impressive prospect. But his decision making is suspect. Ofttimes he seemed to play more for himself than the team. Tries to take on defenders ofttimes unnecessarily. He needs to cut that out.

He also needs to improve on his crossing if not he'll become too one dimensional. That's what made Finidi special, he could cross, pass, cut inside, dibble a little, and shoot.
Most Gifted world class players were bloody 'selfish' as young players...........read also CR7 in his early days at ManU or our own Jayjay.
Don't ever kill the genius in them by some nonsense about 'team play', the world have enough of AVERAGE footballers to deliver the boring team play.

It's not about knocking him or killing his football genius because you want to encourage the growth of that skill that he has. Indeed such players need the confidence of the coach to play through their mistakes, but that doesn't mean that you ignore the areas where his game needs to improve. In the game against Burundi, for instance, he had two opportunities to put Ndidi and Iwobi through on goal respectively, but failed to see the pass, taking the extra dribble instead. To become the player that he's capable of being, he needs to see those passes and hopefully that will be pointed out to him.

Having said that, we've seen him make the killer passes at his clubside, so he has that ability in his locker. He just needs to see those opportunities more consistently when they present themselves. And that will come with time, if he continues to work on his craft and recieve good coaching.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mystic wrote:
zee wrote:
Sir V wrote:

It's not about knocking him or killing his football genius because you want to encourage the growth of that skill that he has. Indeed such players need the confidence of the coach to play through their mistakes, but that doesn't mean that you ignore the areas where his game needs to improve. In the game against Burundi, for instance, he had two opportunities to put Ndidi and Iwobi through on goal respectively, but failed to see the pass, taking the extra dribble instead. To become the player that he's capable of being, he needs to see those passes and hopefully that will be pointed out to him.

Having said that, we've seen him make the killer passes at his clubside, so he has that ability in his locker. He just needs to see those opportunities more consistently when they present themselves. And that will come with time, if he continues to work on his craft and recieve good coaching.
KPOM
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote:
zee wrote:
theYemster wrote:
zee wrote:
Sir V wrote:

It's okay for a striker to be selfish, because he's the last line of attack, so go for goal. Midfielders, wingers, not so much. Need to carry the rest of the team along.

As for Jay Jay, as successful as he was, I believe that aspect of his game prevented him from attaining his full potential, maybe winning a few APOTYs? At the end of the day it's about results. He only started to realise that late in his career.
What about the young Ronaldino or the immortal........................Diego Armando Maradona as a young player.

Ronaldinho too was selfish and that's why he never fully attained his true potential. He's more skillful than Messi and Ronaldo yet you could argue they both eclipsed him in their respective careers.
I dont even know how to respond to this. :lol: The statement, LITERALLY, is correct, but the REASONING behind it s absolutely wrong. I am shocked anyone who knows anything about football will make such a bang our false statement.

Yes, Ronaldinho's selfishness cost him his career. But it was not on-field selfishness. it was his decision to put his "happiness" and "enjoyment" before hardwork that cost him his career.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chukwueze is a 19 year old child who has played less than 1 season of senior football and we have people comparing him to Messi, ROnaldo, ROnaldinho and Maradona. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Maybe you should calm down and allow the CHILD to develop gradually and in 6 years time, come back and tell us whether he is selfish or whether he has developed.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
zee wrote:
theYemster wrote:
zee wrote:
Sir V wrote:

I dont even know how to respond to this. :lol: The statement, LITERALLY, is correct, but the REASONING behind it s absolutely wrong. I am shocked anyone who knows anything about football will make such a bang our false statement.

Yes, Ronaldinho's selfishness cost him his career. But it was not on-field selfishness. it was his decision to put his "happiness" and "enjoyment" before hardwork that cost him his career.
It's actually a combination of both.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

danfo driver wrote:Chukwueze is a 19 year old child who has played less than 1 season of senior football and we have people comparing him to Messi, ROnaldo, ROnaldinho and Maradona. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Maybe you should calm down and allow the CHILD to develop gradually and in 6 years time, come back and tell us whether he is selfish or whether he has developed.
Now you're being disingenuous. He wasn't being compared to those players in the way you're insinuating, it's clear zee was comparing their tendencies, not overall ability or accomplishment.

And we are "allowing" him to develop, however it doesn't mean we can't constitutively critique his game so he can work on his (perceived) weaknesses.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Chukwueze is a 19 year old child who has played less than 1 season of senior football and we have people comparing him to Messi, ROnaldo, ROnaldinho and Maradona. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Now you're being disingenuous. He wasn't being compared to those players in the way you're insinuating, it's clear zee was comparing their tendencies, not overall ability or accomplishment.
You shouldnt rush to respond, so that you give yourself enough time to read and comprehend.

Where in my post did I say anyone was comparing Chukwueze to the ability and accomplishment of the aforementioned 4?

In fact, my post clearly called him a child, explained that he has only played senior football for less than half a season and then rounded it up with "in 6 years time, come back and tell us whether he is selfish or whether he has developed."

Anyone who ready my statement and allowed himself/herself to comprehend it will recognize that I am referring to their tendencies and not their abilities.

We all remember Messi and Cristiano as teenagers. They take the ball and just run at defenders, ignoring every person around them. Same as Ronaldinho. So if you are comparing them based on tendencies, like I am, you'd recognize that they were exactly like he is today. However, many of you are comparing him to how they are today-- old men who have had years and years of practice and good coaching.

And we are "allowing" him to develop, however it doesn't mean we can't constitutively critique his game so he can work on his (perceived) weaknesses.
Yes you can. Its not going to have any effect on his game though, because he does not know you guys exist. So, lets not pretend as to why we are having this conversation. We are having this conversation because its a critical topic to have and enjoyable. Thats it!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote: It's actually a combination of both.
:rotf: :rotf: No its not. And everyone knows that. Ronaldinho didnt even attend training sessions, most of the time. In Barca, this led to that explosive attack by Eto'o on Guardiola where he called him weak and a "bad person," for being unable to control the likes of Ronaldinho.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:

You shouldnt rush to respond, so that you give yourself enough time to read and comprehend.

Where in my post did I say anyone was comparing Chukwueze to the ability and accomplishment of the aforementioned 4?

In fact, my post clearly called him a child, explained that he has only played senior football for less than half a season and then rounded it up with "in 6 years time, come back and tell us whether he is selfish or whether he has developed."

Anyone who ready my statement and allowed himself/herself to comprehend it will recognize that I am referring to their tendencies and not their abilities.

We all remember Messi and Cristiano as teenagers. They take the ball and just run at defenders, ignoring every person around them. Same as Ronaldinho. So if you are comparing them based on tendencies, like I am, you'd recognize that they were exactly like he is today. However, many of you are comparing him to how they are today-- old men who have had years and years of practice and good coaching.

Yes you can. Its not going to have any effect on his game though, because he does not know you guys exist. So, lets not pretend as to why we are having this conversation. We are having this conversation because its a critical topic to have and enjoyable. Thats it!
Firstly, I didn't say you said anything, I clearly stated you INSINUATED, meaning one can INFER from your post.

You're saying I don't comprehend yet you can't tell the difference between those terms.

Secondly, how does fans taking about him on a forum (where he's not a member of and will likely never get to read) and discussing what he needs to do to develop his game, how does that constitute us "not allowing him to develop causally"? I'm curious, how does it stop him from developing?

Thirdly, the discussion was actually about the merits (or otherwise) of playing selfishly not about whether his game has fully developed. If like you accused us of, you had actually understood better than you pretend to, you would've seen that zee or anyone else for that matter wasn't directly comparing him to Maradona, Ronaldinho etc in any way or ability. He was only pointing out those players as examples of selfish and successful players. So Samu's age or inexperience is irrelevant to the issue at hand.

Lastly, (unlike in Samu's case where valid suggestions were being made to constructively critique his game), you actually repeatedly insulted Iwobi who's not that much older, or that much more experienced. He's clearly not 6 years ahead of Samu which is the time frame you are suggesting we hold off for before "criticizing" him, let alone directly attack him like you did.
danfo driver wrote:Man! I hate Iwobi! His laziness is truly disgusting!
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295303&p=5450135&hi ... i#p5450135
danfo driver wrote:Iwobi's Arsenalness is really disgusting!
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295303&p=5449736&hi ... 2#p5449736

I'm sure there are more of other examples of you "encouraging" other youngins if I bothered to check.

So you have no credibility to talk here.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I just hope they don't injure the boy.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:I just hope they don't injure the boy.
They will come at him heavy, but that's part of what he will have to learn ---how to jump out of hacking! Watch the game he played against Real Madrid, after he dealt with Ramos twice, the next step was they went after his legs.

I truly love that move he did when he floored Biringimana and broke the left yansh of the left back! :rotf: :rotf: :clap: :clap: :clap:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Benedict Iroha wrote:It would be nice to see him and Onyekuru on either flank. Put Iwobi in Mikel's role, start Ighalo upfront and Musa from the bench.
Put Iwobi in Mikel's role? That's a head scratcher. Why would you do that?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Chukwueze is a world class talent. He needs to have the freedom to take players on as he needed. it's not selfishness, it's a authority from the coach that allows him to do that. Creative players like him need that freedom. His decision making will develop as he matures. No need to knock him.
That would make a lot of difference to his game. So far, he can be frustrating playing with him especially strikers or fellow midfielders who could be better positioned than him but he wouldn't release the ball early. But he is still better than most of our other wide players.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

cchinukw wrote:
Put Iwobi in Mikel's role? That's a head scratcher. Why would you do that?
Play-maker role that Mikel has been trying to play for the last 2 years.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

I have no problem with how he played and i hope he doesn't change a single thing. He takes on players and offers a different option to the way we attack. He draws an immense amount of attention when he takes on players and he tried a couple of times to pass the ball off. He does look to pass the ball, and repeatedly switched the ball to the other wing. The one decision he made that he could have done better was when he tried the chip after taking on a bunch of players. There was a man on the top of the box he could have laid the ball out to. He got a bit quiet in the second half, but we have a pure absolute gem in the making.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

theYemster wrote:
zee wrote:
theYemster wrote:
zee wrote:
Sir V wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am not you EPL groupie 'football-know-nothings'....................I watched Diego's 3-1 thrashing of Scotland before the 1982 WC................I watched all his matches in the 1982 WC before getting red-carded against Brazil.

I no be your EPL-groupie 'newbie' fans......................I was a liverpool 'fan' as a pre-teen when Emlyn Hughes was captain and the legendary Bob Paisley was manager.
The point is that Maradona was one hell of a selfish player as a young player(watch Argentina's 3-1 loss to Brazil 1982 WC).............'they' usually believe that they can win the match ALONE.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Chekwueze is annoying to watch, Has a high turnover rate and gives the ball away more often than not. He fails to bring in his colleagues into play at crucial moments which makes one question his decision making and whether he plays for himself and not the team. He needs to curb this tendency and only dribble when absolutely required.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

zee wrote:
theYemster wrote:
zee wrote:
theYemster wrote:
zee wrote:
Sir V wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am not you EPL groupie 'football-know-nothings'....................I watched Diego's 3-1 thrashing of Scotland before the 1982 WC................I watched all his matches in the 1982 WC before getting red-carded against Brazil.

I no be your EPL-groupie 'newbie' fans......................I was a liverpool 'fan' as a pre-teen when Emlyn Hughes was captain and the legendary Bob Paisley was manager.
The point is that Maradona was one hell of a selfish player as a young player(watch Argentina's 3-1 loss to Brazil 1982 WC).............'they' usually believe that they can win the match ALONE.
So you came to your conclusion based on that one tourney early in his career? :D

I'm surprised you didn't mention his second goal against England in 86. :D

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Right now I prefer Moses Simon and Kalu. Their dribbles open holes and their passes more probing. Chukwueze still needs to improve his overall game, he reminds me a little of "Bentley" Akabueze who I actually like but who kind of got lost in the wilderness of European backwater leagues.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Bentley? You’re joking. Chukwueze is the most skillful Nigerian player since OKOCHA