Where are the Ighalo haters.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Where are the Ighalo haters.

Post by vancity eagle »

They said he is a wastepipe

They said he should not even be a part of the squad

They said he should retire

They said he played in China

HE JUST SAVED SE.

I told you all that Odion Ighalo is the best striker SE have, and its not even close.

What a finish.

In 20 minutes he showed his class. Onuachu is a fraud who conned people with his goal against Egypt.

I hope it is settled now who our starting forward is.

There is a reason Rohr kept playing him.

Was he one of the sick players ?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
IGHALO HATERS YOU CAN COME OUT FROM HIDING NOW

Post by jette1 »

its ok we wont scold you
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IGHALO HATERS YOU CAN COME OUT FROM HIDING NOW

Post by vancity eagle »

mods merge the threads.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

This is just Burundi. When he scores important goals against big teams then they will apologize by force
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg
Re: Where are the Ighalo haters

Post by COOKING SPOON »

Come on guys, the team did very well.
Let’s bear in mind that these chaps have been ill with a nasty virus.
Plus they have had the trauma of having their teammate collapse whilst training.

It’s a tournament and it’s best to start slowly.

They will only get better.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Dem yab am say na #$%, say na China hin dey play, dem come talk say na yeye team he dey score against. It is a damn shame if you ask me sha smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

john12 wrote:This is just Burundi. When he scores important goals against big teams then they will apologize by force
It is not just Burundi. It was just Nigeria's opponent and he made it count for us. Just give the man the credit he deserves. Haba

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Prodigals son delivers the bread, and now the naysayers are in hiding.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:clap:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

joao wrote:Prodigals son delivers the bread, and now the naysayers are in hiding.
Or saying it is just 'Agege bread'...

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Naija standards. This is what he's supposed to be doing. Twenty one games with no goals cannot easily be forgotten because he scored against Burundi.

Make una go sidon for gutter.
Even workers strike, at one point Missghalo couldn't hit the bullseye from an inch away.

That is fact not feelings
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Where are the Ighalo haters.

Post by ohenhen1 »

World class finish by Ighalo today.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

pajimoh wrote:Naija standards. This is what he's supposed to be doing. Twenty one games with no goals cannot easily be forgotten because he scored against Burundi.

Even workers strike, at one point Missghalo couldn't hit the bullseye from an inch away.

the idea that Ighalo misses chances is a fake narrative.

Yes he missed that chance against Argentina, but his supposed "unproductivity" in front of net was mainly due to our midfield not creating chances.

He had once chance in this game and he finished it. End of story.

By the way, who was the top scorer in African qualifying ?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

vancity eagle wrote:They said he is a wastepipe

They said he should not even be a part of the squad

They said he should retire

They said he played in China

HE JUST SAVED SE.

I told you all that Odion Ighalo is the best striker SE have, and its not even close.

What a finish.

In 20 minutes he showed his class. Onuachu is a fraud who conned people with his goal against Egypt.

I hope it is settled now who our starting forward is.

There is a reason Rohr kept playing him.

Was he one of the sick players ?
He's the best pointman but not the best striker. I believe Musa is more clinical. I also think Osimhen is a better striker.

The goal he scored while great is indicative of his limitations as a striker. A better quality striker would've taken that goal one time with his left leg, not his right. He had to steady and reposition himself on his right, that extra second it took would've been enough for better defenders/goalie to close down on him.

Not taking anything away from him, it was a well taken goal, but since we're analysing critically. I think Osimhen had the technically ability to take that goal one time. He's definitely the best we have at holding up play, and matching up with physical defenders.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

I guess the question was always who was or is the best striker to lead the line, misses or not. If there were better options he'd have been benched. I applaud his work ethic though, he has even improved for us since moving to China where people are supposed to be retiring. But let's not knock Onwuachu. The young man has played first competitive start in a tournament. We shouldn't be too critical of players. See the Ighalo example
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

vancity eagle wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Naija standards. This is what he's supposed to be doing. Twenty one games with no goals cannot easily be forgotten because he scored against Burundi.

Yes he missed that chance against Argentina, but his supposed "unproductivity" in front of net was mainly due to our midfield not creating chances.

You're welcome to write your own narrative. All I know is Ighalo had, at one point, 3 goals in 21 games. Only a madman would think that's ok.

We all want him to score goal but please don't rewrite history because he scored today. Appreciate the fact that he scored and we all do but the criticism he's received were justified.

Anything else is tales by the river bank on a moon light quiet night
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

pajimoh wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

You're welcome to write your own narrative. All I know is Ighalo had, at one point, 3 goals in 21 games. Only a madman would think that's ok.

We all want him to score goal but please don't rewrite history because he scored today. Appreciate the fact that he scored and we all do but the criticism he's received were justified.

Are you talking club football, because no such thing happened for SE.

All I know is that he was near the top of the EPL scoring charts one season, so he cannot be as bad as his haters are claiming.

By the way your thouhts on him finishing TOP SCORER in ANCQ ?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Where are the 2013 Ivory Coast lovers?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

vancity eagle wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Are you talking club football, because no such thing happened for SE.

All I know is that he was near the top of the EPL scoring charts one season, so he cannot be as bad as his haters are claiming.

By the way your thouhts on him finishing TOP SCORER in ANCQ ?
You see, you don't even know the Ighalo you're defending?
Yes he had a good season and half with Watford then he reverted to his Spain or was it Italy form.

Watford decided to cash in on him.