Oh boy these "moi moi" teams ain't playing...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Oh boy these "moi moi" teams ain't playing...

Post by Tobi17 »

Damn the so called minnows are waking up, Zimbabwe gave Egypt a run for their money yesterday and the latter barely scraped through with a goal... Uganda can right now upset any of the top seeded teams, and the likes of Kenya will definitely give Ghana hell... gone are the days when Nigeria and other big teams just roll over the "minnows"... Awon boys don dey vex. I'm loving this AFCON so far
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Oh boy these "moi moi" teams ain't playing...

Post by vancity eagle »

I told people.

There will be no easy games in this tournament, even with the expanded 24 team format.

People said 24 teams will water down the tournament.

I disagree.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bro, anyone who knows anything about African football will tell you that no match is easy!

The anger here is the coach deciding to play a DM as an AM.

Iwobi deciding that he wants to be an Arsenal player in an Eagle's shirt.

And Akpeyi being himself.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Were there minnows in African football before? As in AFCON? Even Burundi toughed us back in the day.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

kolinzo wrote:Were there minnows in African football before? As in AFCON? Even Burundi toughed us back in the day.
True boss
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

It's prideful delusion and lack of respect for the opposition that make some here to think some teams are minnows.
Burundi stood up to us, and we should be happy wit a win. Most sentimentalists herein, criticizing the coach's player
selection and tactics, should be more objective and try to watch the game with their head instead of getting emotional.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

kolinzo wrote:Were there minnows in African football before? As in AFCON? Even Burundi toughed us back in the day.
Fact not feelings!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

joao wrote:It's prideful delusion and lack of respect for the opposition that make some here to think some teams are minnows.
Burundi stood up to us, and we should be happy wit a win. Most sentimentalists herein, criticizing the coach's player
selection and tactics, should be more objective and try to watch the game with their head instead of getting emotional.
On CE, watch a live game with our head and not emotions? Baba you sure say your head dey house so?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Teams just seem a lot more organized and discipline then they have been in the past. You can tell the level of preparation for opponents is there, outside of DRC every team that has played thus far has had a gameplan and has come prepared.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...common Burundi, na where dem dey sef for map?
No minnows anymore.
Any team that has a EPL player go show pepper to opponent, and they have 1.
And sure they did almost snick in a last minute goal that was cleared for corner by Aina I think.