Victor Osimhen Groin Injury...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Victor Osimhen Groin Injury...

Post by Otitokoro »

...but he seems to be better now.
[/video]
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Victor Osimhen Groin Injury...

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:boo: sensational headline
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Otitokoro wrote:...but he seems to be better now.
[/video]
I hope it's not too serious. I noticed in the video that it was the players who did not start against Guinea that were on the practice pitch.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:...but he seems to be better now.
[/video]
I hope it's not too serious. I noticed in the video that it was the players who did not start against Guinea that were on the practice pitch.
not out of the ordinary. Players who play the day before usually do warm down and that's it; while those who didn't play do full training.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote::boo: sensational headline
Very soon, you will reach your - self imposed - 80,000 posts. I can't wait for you to leave this Site. Only few more posts left. Carryon!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Odas wrote:
Very soon, you will reach your - self imposed - 80,000 posts. I can't wait for you to leave this Site. Only few more posts left. Carryon!
don't celebrate, he will come back with a new moniker: probably smallpokey or littlepokey :D :taunt: :lol:
addiction are hard to kick
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Abe make Rohr play the boy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
Like odas will say, you are right.....I have less than 80 posts left...yall should enjoy them , soon they will be worth serious money, just like memorabilias
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

According to voetbalnieuws, Charleroi rejected a bid of 11 million euros for Osimhen from Lille, they are holding out for 13 million euros.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:According to voetbalnieuws, Charleroi rejected a bid of 11 million euros for Osimhen from Lille, they are holding out for 13 million euros.
Seems like Wolfsburg goofed here, they took the chance on Osimhen to begin with and trained him. Didn't really give him enough of a chance and then loan him to Charleroi for one season, at the end of the season Charleroi trigger his buy out at 3.5 million (same amount Wolfsburg paid the Academy he came from in Naija) and immediately turn around to sell him for 13 million. Kai, thats some good business for the Belgians even taking 11 million sef, na steal :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Iheanacho might have to take the same steps to restore his own confidence, if this coming season doesn't work out:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46344657

Nigeria international striker Victor Osimhen has revealed how moving on-loan to Belgian club Charleroi has helped restore his confidence.

Since arriving in the Jupiler Pro League from German side Wolfsburg in August, the 19-year-old has scored seven goals in 12 games for the club.

His impressive form earned him a recall to the Super Eagles squad for this month's 2019 Nations Cup qualifier against South Africa and he started in Tuesday's 0-0 friendly draw against Uganda in Asaba.

At Charleroi I have comfortably found my happiness again, and I thank everyone in Belgium and at Wolfsburg for the opportunity and support

Victor Osimhen
Nigeria striker
"My confidence level was very low at some point and what going out on loan to Charleroi has done for me is unexplainable," Osimhen told BBC Sport.

"It was tough in Germany because of the high expectations - some people started doubting me and also pushed me to start doubting myself as well.

"The football in Belgium has helped, I also have a wonderful group of players around me and the coaching crew have been great with me.

"As a young player, you hear people comparing you to other stars who emerged from the under-17 World Cup and never fulfilled their potential.

"But now at Charleroi I have comfortably found my happiness again, and I thank everyone in Belgium and at Wolfsburg for the opportunity and support."

Osimhen was the top scorer as Nigeria clinched a fifth Under-17 World Cup title in 2015 with 10 goals in Chile, which saw him win the Golden Boot and Silver Ball.

After the tournament he decided against joining English side Arsenal, to sign with the 2009 German champions Wolfsburg in January 2016, but injuries restricted him to 16 appearances for the club in all competitions.

Despite being a part of the squad for two years, his lack of games meant he missed out on going to the 2018 World Cup with Nigeria.

"I am still young and I think it wasn't meant to be, but I can still look forward to the future," he added.

"I thank coach [Gernot] Rohr for the opportunity to return to the squad and I hope to keep working hard to stay in his plans."

His 10 goals at the U-17 World Cup eclipsed the previous best of nine set by Ivorian Souleymane Coulibaly in 2011 and Florent Sinama Pongolle of France in 2001.

Osimhen was also part of the Nigeria side that won the Under-23 Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal in November 2015, which also qualified them for the 2016 Rio Olympics.

His exploits saw him crowned the 2015 Confederation of African Football (Caf) Youth Player of the Year .

He has played for Nigeria at all levels, from under-17 to the full senior side, for whom he has won three caps.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!