Tactical Analysis: How unbalanced SE overcame Swallows

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tactical Analysis: How unbalanced SE overcame Swallows

Post by The YeyeMan »

joao wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:If you can’t create against the likes of Burundi...na real wa for our team, and it’s not even like our defense is air tight. Hopefully Rohr can balance the team and work on our movement and decision making in the final third.
dumb statement.
:?: :?: :?:
One would think Burundi was a rollover.
They would be, more often than not, for the top teams in the world.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:If you can’t create against the likes of Burundi...na real wa for our team, and it’s not even like our defense is air tight. Hopefully Rohr can balance the team and work on our movement and decision making in the final third.
"if you can't create against the likes of Burundi" its self entitlements like this that bother me, maybe we shouldn't expect to just waltz through and demolish any team after missing out on 3 or so consecutive AFCONS ourselves. It's not like Burundi came to Egypt to take selfies with the pyramids, check their match records in the last 6 six months, and you will see why they are not particularly push overs. Fnishing your group unbeaten should definitely earn any team some respect, however considerable. Egypt struggled to beat Zimbabwe, Morocco are currently having it tough against Namibia, and I'm sure we will see more close games like this against the so called minnows...we need to learn some humility sometimes.
KPOM. People thought a 24 team AFCON was going to be a piece of cake with easy wins. It shows they had been unfamiliar with African football in the last decade. The gaps between teams have narrowed. IMHO, while there are still big teams, they are not overwhelming for others and upsets are much easier than in the past.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
"if you can't create against the likes of Burundi" its self entitlements like this that bother me, maybe we shouldn't expect to just waltz through and demolish any team after missing out on 3 or so consecutive AFCONS ourselves. It's not like Burundi came to Egypt to take selfies with the pyramids, check their match records in the last 6 six months, and you will see why they are not particularly push overs. Fnishing your group unbeaten should definitely earn any team some respect, however considerable. Egypt struggled to beat Zimbabwe, Morocco are currently having it tough against Namibia, and I'm sure we will see more close games like this against the so called minnows...we need to learn some humility sometimes.
KPOM. People thought a 24 team AFCON was going to be a piece of cake with easy wins. It shows they had been unfamiliar with African football in the last decade. The gaps between teams have narrowed. IMHO, while there are still big teams, they are not overwhelming for others and upsets are much easier than in the past.
So that means SE shouldn’t be able to create chances against Burundi? We don suffer, Senegal would create chances galore against them...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
So that means SE shouldn’t be able to create chances against Burundi? We don suffer, Senegal would create chances galore against them...
Senegal will create chances galore against any team, they are the best and most complete team in Africa today, while we still have a 30 year old player who's best days are far behind him, still playing as our only creative hope... Levels.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

maceo4 wrote:Tobi, you can see it here, the point blank chances Ideye and Uche missed, how much of a better team we were, getting penetration behind BF with movement and committing players to the attack and accurate passing against better opponents:

[/video]
That's the final tough, not the opening match. Enough time to improve mid-tourney.

I vividly remember guys biitching after the draw against Burkina in our first game.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

The YeyeMan wrote:
joao wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
dumb statement.
Is Nigeria a top team in the world? :?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

theYemster wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Tobi, you can see it here, the point blank chances Ideye and Uche missed, how much of a better team we were, getting penetration behind BF with movement and committing players to the attack and accurate passing against better opponents:

[/video]
That's the final tough, not the opening match. Enough time to improve mid-tourney.

I vividly remember guys biitching after the draw against Burkina in our first game.
No oooo what I posted is the first game, not the final, look closely you will see Ogude, Yobo etc playing, no Sunday Mba, Emenike also was injured for the final and you’ll clearly see him scoring in this clips. Of course ppl were bitching because we expected more, but it seems we are now like a battered wife, we’ll just take any useless performance at this point, just don’t punch me too hard in the gut SE...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

maceo4 wrote:
theYemster wrote:

[/video]

No oooo what I posted is the first game, not the final, look closely you will see Ogude, Yobo etc playing, no Sunday Mba, Emenike also was injured for the final and you’ll clearly see him scoring in this clips. Of course ppl were bitching because we expected more, but it seems we are now like a battered wife, we’ll just take any useless performance at this point, just don’t punch me too hard in the gut SE...
Imagine even after Efe Ambrose got a red card we were still attacking them w/ Uche and Musa wasting chances. But now with the parity of African footie it means we are no longer allowed to attack and create chances against the likes of Burundi :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Senegal will create chances galore against any team, they are the best and most complete team in Africa today, while we still have a 30 year old player who's best days are far behind him, still playing as our only creative hope... Levels.
Like I said, we don suffer...let’s hope we improve.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

theYemster wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
joao wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
dumb statement.
Is Nigeria a top team in the world? :?
No. Why?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.