Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:27 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 44996
Did Egypt and CAF set the ticket prices too high? Or why isn't any of the games sold out. Imagine a star studded team like Nigeia playing to an empty stadium. Something needs to change.

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7809
1naija wrote:
Did Egypt and CAF set the ticket prices too high? Or why isn't any of the games sold out. Imagine a star studded team like Nigeia playing to an empty stadium. Something needs to change.




This is what we see at every Afcon. Egypt's games will be sold out. The rest of the North African teams will have good support from their fans, and it will be relatively empty stadiums for everyone else. The key will be what the crowd support will look like in the knockout phase when there should be some great matchups. If the stadiums are still empty at that point, it will be very disappointing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 80512
Location: Earth
Mods shangalo this thread to world forum

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 44996
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mods shangalo this thread to world forum


You are doing too much with all the free jobless time on your hands. Did Nigeria play in a full stadium?

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 7704
It's shameful!!!

I advocated some time ago that AFCON should be held in Europe or US.
I still believe it should ..... the stadiums will fill up.
Africans in Africa do not simply have the financial muscle to go watch their teams play.
Naija vs Burundi in Chicago/Huston/LA/London will easily draw a crowd of 30,000 ( all the uber drives will take a 90min break)

_________________
Akpeyi -- V. Moses, TroostEkong, Omeruo, s. Atanda --- Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakaeme -- Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 44996
Rawlings wrote:
It's shameful!!!

I advocated some time ago that AFCON should be held in Europe or US.
I still believe it should ..... the stadiums will fill up.
Africans in Africa do not simply have the financial muscle to go watch their teams play.
Naija vs Burundi in Chicago/Huston/LA/London will easily draw a crowd of 30,000 ( all the uber drives will take a 90min break)


This is true. The Gold cup games are always packed regardless of the teams playing. And they have some really bad teams in the tournament.

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17378
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Rawlings wrote:
It's shameful!!!

I advocated some time ago that AFCON should be held in Europe or US.
I still believe it should ..... the stadiums will fill up.
Africans in Africa do not simply have the financial muscle to go watch their teams play.
Naija vs Burundi in Chicago/Huston/LA/London will easily draw a crowd of 30,000 ( all the uber drives will take a 90min break)


I KPOM this statement.

Let me add that CAF reportedly received an enticing offer to have an AFCON played I believe in UAE or Qatar (not sure now) but CAF eventually turned it down possibly because of the political flak that will result from sealing such a deal.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 7704
Enugu II wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
It's shameful!!!

I advocated some time ago that AFCON should be held in Europe or US.
I still believe it should ..... the stadiums will fill up.
Africans in Africa do not simply have the financial muscle to go watch their teams play.
Naija vs Burundi in Chicago/Huston/LA/London will easily draw a crowd of 30,000 ( all the uber drives will take a 90min break)


I KPOM this statement.

Let me add that CAF reportedly received an enticing offer to have an AFCON played I believe in UAE or Qatar (not sure now) but CAF eventually turned it down possibly because of the political flak that will result from sealing such a deal.


CAF should issue a warning to Africans countries(especially Naija): If you cannot get 10,000 from a population of 200 million to come watch the matches, then it shall be moved.
Qatar & Japan are playing in the South American championship. Continental borders are vanishing.

_________________
Akpeyi -- V. Moses, TroostEkong, Omeruo, s. Atanda --- Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakaeme -- Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 10:44 am
Posts: 1764
Egypt should drop the ticket prices so people can go watch. Its not as if they recoup money from gate fees anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 7704
kali wrote:
Egypt should drop the ticket prices so people can go watch. Its not as if they recoup money from gate fees anyway.


That will not make a difference!!!
Egyptians are most likely not interested in e.g. Naija-Burundi, Congo-Uganda, Senegal-Tanzania
When England played Panama at the world cup in Russia, the stadium was full of English men (not Russians)

We Africans can't muster enough resources to go support our countries, because normal life is a daily struggle.
Whenever our economies are fixed to European standards, we will travel to go see our teams.

_________________
Akpeyi -- V. Moses, TroostEkong, Omeruo, s. Atanda --- Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakaeme -- Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:21 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44185
I noticed Nigeria's game wasn't completely empty. Senegal game also had some numbers - probably a few thousand at most

That said, I think this problem is exacerbated by Africa's infrastructural challenges. No convenient airline routes to Egypt not to mention the prohibitive ticket prices make it difficult for fans to move around. A flight from Lagos to Banjul which should take no more than 3.5 hours probably takes several days and is an expensive trip that may go through Casablanca or even Europe

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 7704
YUJAM wrote:
I noticed Nigeria's game wasn't completely empty. Senegal game also had some numbers - probably a few thousand at most

That said, I think this problem is exacerbated by Africa's infrastructural challenges. No convenient airline routes to Egypt not to mention the prohibitive ticket prices make it difficult for fans to move around. A flight from Lagos to Banjul which should take no more than 3.5 hours probably takes several days and is an expensive trip that may go through Casablanca or even Europe


Do u remember Arsenal & Chelsea fans going to Azerbaijan?
Some spent 18-24hrs to get there.
One Spurs fan bought a $50 car and drove to Madrid to watch the Liverpool-Spurs game.

Infrastructural challenges can always be overcome if u have the money
90% of Naija people can't afford the basic necessities of life, so travelling to watch a soccer game even in Naija is a luxury
That's the problem!
Poverty

_________________
Akpeyi -- V. Moses, TroostEkong, Omeruo, s. Atanda --- Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakaeme -- Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:09 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44185
Try driving through the Sahara to get to Egypt. There has to be a road network

Rawlings wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
I noticed Nigeria's game wasn't completely empty. Senegal game also had some numbers - probably a few thousand at most

That said, I think this problem is exacerbated by Africa's infrastructural challenges. No convenient airline routes to Egypt not to mention the prohibitive ticket prices make it difficult for fans to move around. A flight from Lagos to Banjul which should take no more than 3.5 hours probably takes several days and is an expensive trip that may go through Casablanca or even Europe


Do u remember Arsenal & Chelsea fans going to Azerbaijan?
Some spent 18-24hrs to get there.
One Spurs fan bought a $50 car and drove to Madrid to watch the Liverpool-Spurs game.

Infrastructural challenges can always be overcome if u have the money
90% of Naija people can't afford the basic necessities of life, so travelling to watch a soccer game even in Naija is a luxury
That's the problem!
Poverty

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:09 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 59517
It is also hot. 38 degree to 40 degrees.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 48424
...Mr Air Commodore Rawlings making a lot of sense, deviating from your usual stupid posts. What happened, someone knock you with hammer :???: :???:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 7704
YUJAM wrote:
Try driving through the Sahara to get to Egypt. There has to be a road network


Oga,
The Ghanaians who want to get to Europe, travel through the Sahara to get to Libya

Naija people do it too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK8xUNg0SB8

I repeat: Poverty is the main problem. Infrastructural challenges are just speed bumps.

_________________
Akpeyi -- V. Moses, TroostEkong, Omeruo, s. Atanda --- Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakaeme -- Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:39 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:37 pm
Posts: 13803
Location: Sandton, SA
Is Egypt a visa free country for rest of Africans? This is another issue that compounds the ease of access. This issues are not confined to Egypt though. Mind you the Argentines travel far and wide for their teams so....

_________________
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 7704
akamoke wrote:
Is Egypt a visa free country for rest of Africans? This is another issue that compounds the ease of access. This issues are not confined to Egypt though. Mind you the Argentines travel far and wide for their teams so....


getting an Egyptian visa is as easy as buying akamo in lagos

_________________
Akpeyi -- V. Moses, TroostEkong, Omeruo, s. Atanda --- Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakaeme -- Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 60281
Rawlings is right. Poverty is the main problem across Africa. Watching football is the least of the worries of most Africans. In Nigeria, many have to go to "viewing centres" to watch the match due to no "light", no satellite dish, etc. The Egyptian authorities should have provided free tickets to matches not involving the home team to local schools, etc.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:04 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9397
Location: loughborough.
This idea of hosting AfCON is Europe or USA is looking at the solution from a diaspora perspective.

Who actually believes AfCON matches would be sold out in Wembley stadium?

Liverpool stadium could be packed (if Egypt and Senegal) because of Mane and Salah.

In London you are most likely looking at Charlton athletic stadium and East London (not West Ham stadium).

Outside London, Newcastle, Leeds, Cardiff or Scotland?

Let's talk about the cost of hosting AfCON in Europe. From hotel to logistics to stadium is not going to be cheap.

Hosting AfCON outside Africa will only create employment opportunities in Europe or USA, thereby denying African hotels, transport business opportunities.


CAF should have either made free tickets available or at knock down prices.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:16 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 7484
It is a question of organisation and mobilisation. There should be marketing efforts targeted towards attendance such as star players showing up for promotional events, discounts and incentives for attendance (attendees can get into draws to win sponsor products for example). Again, qualification and the draws should be wrapped up earlier to allow fans who want to attend to plan. This was the issue for me. The time between the draws and the actual start of the tournament was you short. In contrast, I had several months to plan my trip to the WC in Russia.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36636
Tufiakwa if we take ANC outside Africa.So we go and promote others economy to grow and our own suffer?
When SA host ANC, its stadium full because most Africans are in SA and south Africans get knock down price.

Egypt situation most people never forget what happen in history,its well documented how Egyptian Pharaohs has foreign slaves .Most people might be scared to go to Egypt and get caught as slaves.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:26 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9397
Location: loughborough.
kajifu wrote:
Tufiakwa if we take ANC outside Africa.So we go and promote others economy to grow and our own suffer?
When SA host ANC, its stadium full because most Africans are in SA and south Africans get knock down price.

Egypt situation most people never forget what happen in history,its well documented how Egyptian Pharaohs has foreign slaves .Most people might be scared to go to Egypt and get caught as slaves.

The point is lost on those who are want AFCON outside Africa.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adisboy, Bing [Bot] and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group