EAGLES NEST HAS LOST ITS CHARACTER!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
EAGLES NEST HAS LOST ITS CHARACTER!!!!

Post by 1naija »

Everytime I visit the Eagles nest now I feel like I am in a foreign land. It has now become something totally different than the Nigerian soccer forum we began with. While I understand that we must not remain stagnant, I wonder if a total change of "character" is what we need. Quite Frankly, I have no emmotional ties to the Eagles Nest anymore. I feel like a total stranger anytime I visit the site now. I thin we ought to go back to being a Nigerian/African soccer forum, and not an EPL forum with a sprinkle of Nigeria soccer.

In case you are wondering what this is, this is a protest.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Firt step to retrieving the EN character: Make this thread a sticky.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

yea i understand what you ar saying, however Naija never play game in quite a while so its hard to focus on Eagles stuff. i agree with you though that the EPL rubbish is a tad bit over the top.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

I agree when I come to the Eagles Nest I think: tea, crumpets, bad teeth and ugly women
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: EAGLES NEST HAS LOST ITS CHARACTER!!!!

Post by anointed »

1naija wrote:Everytime I visit the Eagles nest now I feel like I am in a foreign land. It has now become something totally different than the Nigerian soccer forum we began with. While I understand that we must not remain stagnant, I wonder if a total change of "character" is what we need. Quite Frankly, I have no emmotional ties to the Eagles Nest anymore. I feel like a total stranger anytime I visit the site now. I thin we ought to go back to being a Nigerian/African soccer forum, and not an EPL forum with a sprinkle of Nigeria soccer.

And what would happen when Euro starts in a couple of weeks? Will it be like Mars?

I think this is all about chasing shadows. How many for instance do you 1n contribute to threads on the Nigeria home front? But you want other people to do that for you, right? What has been your contribution to all those threads that go down the memory of Naija footie history? Almost zilch but you dare compalin? How many Glo PL games do you watch now that NTA is international? Would watching Naija TV as a whole be an incentive for you to subscribe to NTA or a Naija station?

My take is that football is football if you are truly interested in well organized games. Honestly, there's not much to write about the homefront most eapecially cos there are economic problems and subsequently badly organized games.

But then 1 or 2 things can be contributed in terms of write up on EN but starting with you 1N, you have been found wanting.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Metalalloy is correct....There's nothing interesting going on in Nigerian soccer these days. I dont visit Eagles Nest much these days but thats not because its lost its character....Its just boring...I remember when I started to disengage.....People were so occupied with drawing up phantom team lists and talking about formations that can beat brazil.....lol....The last ANC seemed to put paid to that however....at least they all got to see that the team we have now is crap......People have naturally flowed to the next best thing....and that is the only way the forum can survive.....An insistence on discussing Nigerian soccer alone will kill the Nest for good.....In the glory days of the 90s, such a rule would have been fine....but in these times, they would suicidal.

When the Olympics start coming around, it'll be all Siasia....and if he wins....it'll be 3 months of Siasia....but if calamity befalls that team, we'll be talking Ukrainian soccer on here...for real.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:Everytime I visit the Eagles nest now I feel like I am in a foreign land. It has now become something totally different than the Nigerian soccer forum we began with. While I understand that we must not remain stagnant, I wonder if a total change of "character" is what we need. Quite Frankly, I have no emmotional ties to the Eagles Nest anymore. I feel like a total stranger anytime I visit the site now. I thin we ought to go back to being a Nigerian/African soccer forum, and not an EPL forum with a sprinkle of Nigeria soccer.

Sadly it is not just Eagle's nest. Many Naija SE followers have deserted in droves as we have witnessed the demise of our SE and our football. Almost all my friends see me as a f00l for even wasting an once of energy on what they see as a lost cause that is the SE.

Our local league is even worse than our SE, so just like Nigeria, we Naija's have looked for consolation elsewhere.

When was the last time we had something to shout about with the SE? This is the problem. Everybodyhereis adiehard SE man/woman but we have been betrayed and we are sick of it all. So we all don enter siddon-looku mode.

Whenever, any of our teams start to deliver, you see people show up all of a sudden, but we all want the SE to deliver and it appears as if we have a long wait. Hopefully, our SEwill make us proud again and Eagle's nest will be more about Naija football.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

anointed wrote:

And what would happen when Euro starts in a couple of weeks? Will it be like Mars?

I think this is all about chasing shadows. How many for instance do you 1n contribute to threads on the Nigeria home front? But you want other people to do that for you, right? What has been your contribution to all those threads that go down the memory of Naija footie history? Almost zilch but you dare compalin? How many Glo PL games do you watch now that NTA is international? Would watching Naija TV as a whole be an incentive for you to subscribe to NTA or a Naija station?

My take is that football is football if you are truly interested in well organized games. Honestly, there's not much to write about the homefront most eapecially cos there are economic problems and subsequently badly organized games.

But then 1 or 2 things can be contributed in terms of write up on EN but starting with you 1N, you have been found wanting.
This is not about me or anyone in particular. I don't have to contribute any write-up on this forum to make it a Nigerian football forum. Afterall, we don't discuss american football or basketball on Eagles nest just because Inaija doesn't contribute an article to Eagles nest. The fact is this is now a European soccer fans' forum instead of a Nigeria soccer forum. European soccer has silenced Nigerian soccer on a Nigerian soccer forum, and if think it's because 1naija doesn't contribute an article then you are wrong.

I suggest we create a European soccer section just like we have other sports for American football and basketball. And I am dead serious.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

1naija wrote:
anointed wrote:

This is not about me or anyone in particular. I don't have to contribute any write-up on this forum to make it a Nigerian football forum. Afterall, we don't discuss american football or basketball on Eagles nest just because Inaija doesn't contribute an article to Eagles nest. The fact is this is now a European soccer fans' forum instead of a Nigeria soccer forum. European soccer has silenced Nigerian soccer on a Nigerian soccer forum, and if think it's because 1naija doesn't contribute an article then you are wrong.

I suggest we create a European soccer section just like we have other sports for American football and basketball. And I am dead serious.
And watch that African/Nigerian Soccer Forum die slowly like the Kenyan forum.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
gmoni
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni »

back to basic. thanx!!!!!
chilling!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1Naija, don't worry they will rename am EPL Nest or The Queens Nest...

Seriously they should consider having a forum dedicated to EPL... so when pesin wan read all things EPL they can go there.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

anointed wrote:
1naija wrote:
anointed wrote:

And watch that African/Nigerian Soccer Forum die slowly like the Kenyan forum.
Like it died from 1998 until the EPL saved us a couple of years ago?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Waffiman wrote:

Sadly it is not just Eagle's nest. Many Naija SE followers have deserted in droves as we have witnessed the demise of our SE and our football. Almost all my friends see me as a f00l for even wasting an once of energy on what they see as a lost cause that is the SE.

Our local league is even worse than our SE, so just like Nigeria, we Naija's have looked for consolation elsewhere.

When was the last time we had something to shout about with the SE? This is the problem. Everybodyhereis adiehard SE man/woman but we have been betrayed and we are sick of it all. So we all don enter siddon-looku mode.

Whenever, any of our teams start to deliver, you see people show up all of a sudden, but we all want the SE to deliver and it appears as if we have a long wait. Hopefully, our SEwill make us proud again and Eagle's nest will be more about Naija football.

My brother, any person that deserted the SE because of the so-called demise of the SE is delusional because the SE had never that successful in the past. Even if that's the case, how does that then translate to turning the Eagles nest to an EPL forum. I dare anyone go to an EPL site and talk regularly about Nigerian football and let's see how they well received.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

...I dont know why U guys are whining....the largest crust of the SE in one place play in the EPL...the competition this year has been stunning(leadership changing several times) and two EPL team made it to the final...duuuh...uuhhh..what do U expect? :roll: :roll: the only reason the place may seem dull sometimes is the removal of our bragging rights as Africa's best.... :roll: Ghanaians dey make mouff and our replies are a little tempered,for now.....the U-17 brought a few smiles and several reasons to talk(including whooping the Ghanaians in the ANC-U-17 and beating the two teams that beat them)......other than that...it's remained the same....I mean..unless of course U're referring to very little sparring between SUYA and Pa J nowadays... :shock: but seriously...we're still the same....we just not in bragging mode..that's all...
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

deanotito wrote:Metalalloy is correct....There's nothing interesting going on in Nigerian soccer these days. I dont visit Eagles Nest much these days but thats not because its lost its character....Its just boring...I remember when I started to disengage.....People were so occupied with drawing up phantom team lists and talking about formations that can beat brazil.....lol....The last ANC seemed to put paid to that however....at least they all got to see that the team we have now is crap......People have naturally flowed to the next best thing....and that is the only way the forum can survive.....An insistence on discussing Nigerian soccer alone will kill the Nest for good.....In the glory days of the 90s, such a rule would have been fine....but in these times, they would suicidal.

When the Olympics start coming around, it'll be all Siasia....and if he wins....it'll be 3 months of Siasia....but if calamity befalls that team, we'll be talking Ukrainian soccer on here...for real.
ol boy, you dey put too much "......." for your post. It's annoying. 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
junior
Egg
Egg

Post by junior »

Those in charge of Nigeria's soccer affairs should realise that the market is huge. However, the void their ineptitude has created has to be filled. Hence all the EPL, La Liga rubbish and so forth.
THE wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are as bold as lion.
Proverbs 28:1
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Dude, you guys need a section for Naija Football...that should solve your probs

...a sub -section for Ghana footall would not be a bad idea either

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Schillachi wrote:
deanotito wrote:Metalalloy is correct....There's nothing interesting going on in Nigerian soccer these days. I dont visit Eagles Nest much these days but thats not because its lost its character....Its just boring...I remember when I started to disengage.....People were so occupied with drawing up phantom team lists and talking about formations that can beat brazil.....lol....The last ANC seemed to put paid to that however....at least they all got to see that the team we have now is crap......People have naturally flowed to the next best thing....and that is the only way the forum can survive.....An insistence on discussing Nigerian soccer alone will kill the Nest for good.....In the glory days of the 90s, such a rule would have been fine....but in these times, they would suicidal.

ol boy, you dey put too much "......." for your post. It's annoying. 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Na true....I dey type as I dey think....I no dey spend too much time to dey construct sentence....The funny thing is that I sometimes feel the urge to carry this habit to work etc. I dey type email and na so so .............. I wan dey put everywhere.........
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Just call it a site free for all send pop up invitations to any one that can read get a porno section ( with woman please) while your at it & things will start to pick up again!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

tfco wrote:Dude, you guys need a section for Naija Football...that should solve your probs

...a sub -section for Ghana footall would not be a bad idea either

Thats a bad idea.....Naija football is way too periodic to make a good forum. Eagles nest is good the way it is.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Welcome to last year ... I complained about this.

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

paj wrote:...I dont know why U guys are whining....the largest crust of the SE in one place play in the EPL...the competition this year has been stunning(leadership changing several times) and two EPL team made it to the final...duuuh...uuhhh..what do U expect? :roll: :roll: the only reason the place may seem dull sometimes is the removal of our bragging rights as Africa's best.... :roll: Ghanaians dey make mouff and our replies are a little tempered,for now.....the U-17 brought a few smiles and several reasons to talk(including whooping the Ghanaians in the ANC-U-17 and beating the two teams that beat them)......other than that...it's remained the same....I mean..unless of course U're referring to very little sparring between SUYA and Pa J nowadays... :shock: but seriously...we're still the same....we just not in bragging mode..that's all...
Pa
And I had this on my mind! Can you believe that?? How can one complain this forum is mainly focusing on EPL when most of our boys play in the league. Honestly, what is it to talk about with Naija soccer that is going to keep this forum this lively? Nigerian League?? Wait till the qualifications? But then we all have our opinions and differences.

AYO AKINFE at one point, before he deserted Eagle's nest to Rant and Rave, made this place bubbly with his ten pointers -whether one agreed with it or not!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

Na only dat one.. How about all those people for Naija wey dey kill each other over EPL teams?

I only watch teams with African players in it. Call it what ever. Until Oyinbos in England and all start killing each other over Rangers and Eyimba, I think I'll stay the same.
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol: