ALUKO COME GET YOUR SISTER

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
ALUKO COME GET YOUR SISTER

Post by jette1 »

Eniola has been talking rubbish about Cameroon on fox to please her employers so she could get paid. She is put on the show for window dressing obviously since she can’t take a stand
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: ALUKO COME GET YOUR SISTER

Post by Bell »

jette1 wrote:Eniola has been talking rubbish about Cameroon on fox to please her employers so she could get paid. She is put on the show for window dressing obviously since she can’t take a stand

ALUKO'S COMMENTS VERY DISAPPOINTING

A few years ago, this lady was involved in a lawsuit claiming discriminatory treatment based on her race. As expected, she received wide support by posters on this site. So it is painful to see her stance in this Cameroon/England brouhaha. I don't know the young lady, I'm not an expert on the environment in which she operates or even if she's merely motivated to be quite honest.

But to hear her speak, claiming gratuitously that she's a big supporter of African women's soccer and totally embracing Neville's comments made me wonder about her. She suggested that young African girls watching the performance of the Cameroonian girls would be embarrassed failing to understand their embarrassment would come from the way the match was officiated.

And one of her worst statements was the one suggesting that Johnson, a Cameroon player who grew up in the US would be embarrassed by the conduct was one of the worst, unless she had evidence of this. It implied because she was raised in the US she would see things differently but those raised in Cameroon were too backward to understand this. If I wasn't viewing this on tv, I might have thought she was just another white commentator.

If the idea behind bringing here was to see things from a different perspective without being dishonest, it was a total failure. She thought her role was to be perfectly aligned with the others to avoid disunity. It was very disappointing.
Bell
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

amafolas wrote:I keep telling Txj. Rules are exactly how you legitimize bias. A ref can get all his calls correctly by the book and still be terribly biased. You call one side for every nit-picky rule that exists in the books and ignore the side committing murder. Sooner or later, the side being treated unfairly is forced to become timid, apprehensive or combative (which then becomes a post-hoc justification for the disparate treatment). It is true in sports and sadly even more true in real life. There are successful ways to combat bias or mitigates its effect, artfully hiding behind legitimate rules is not one of them.
exactly what I said after the farcical VAR penalty-retake decision in Nig vs France. We are seeing come to pass with Cameroun's women's team.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Definitely her erroneous projection on how Johnson who grew up in America would be embarrassed is nothing short of stepping over the boundary. I waiting for Johnson to come out and rebuke those statements in the strongest words possible

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

amafolas wrote:
amafolas wrote:I keep telling Txj. Rules are exactly how you legitimize bias. A ref can get all his calls correctly by the book and still be terribly biased. You call one side for every nit-picky rule that exists in the books and ignore the side committing murder. Sooner or later, the side being treated unfairly is forced to become timid, apprehensive or combative (which then becomes a post-hoc justification for the disparate treatment). It is true in sports and sadly even more true in real life. There are successful ways to combat bias or mitigates its effect, artfully hiding behind legitimate rules is not one of them.
exactly what I said after the farcical VAR penalty-retake decision in Nig vs France. We are seeing come to pass with Cameroun's women's team.
Rules Ke!!! Tell that to the dogs. America is a perfect example of where same rules applicable to all have been interpreted and applied unfairly to incarcerate minorities

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I couldn’t believe my ears when she used “naive” to describe Nigeria’s team play against the German corner. Talk about playing into a stereotype.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Another 'Aunt Jemima' used to garnish FOX Tv.
Mscheeeeew!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...guys learn to just watch the match and ignore the commentary.
I never pay attention to American Fox sport personalities commentary on football, our football, because they talk about it like their own football.
When actual kicking stops and they break for halftime, that's my bathroom break too, errands and refreshments, or change channel to something else till football kicking is back.
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Yeah, I hear you. But how does ignoring make it better? Let me state an example with racism. Most whites who are racist were not born when racism was in full blow, but because of what they were taught, it still exist.. If we don't Nick it in the butt, in centuries to come we will still be facing this.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

She's an angel*. Simple and short.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Let me see her in Church again,I was even hailing her, she should understand when people work so hard to achieve their dreams and get snatched awaz because of some idiots bias, like happened toher in England
Oya back to the matter
open and close
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Prince wrote:Let me see her in Church again,I was even hailing her, she should understand when people work so hard to achieve their dreams and get snatched awaz because of some idiots bias, like happened toher in England
To say i was disappointed in her comments is putting it lightly. There was the other Jamo pro analyst that did nothing but hype their squad while she was talking. She made absolutely sure to point out their achievements and the serious challenges\ battle they've faced to get to the WC and how certain bad calls by ref could set the tone of the game.

Its only when one of our own gets an opportunity to advocate for the African squad that she goes house negro on us. Tufiakwa... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

When you people hear rubbish comments like that, all you have to do is retweet or flood the yeye commenters IG's DM....watch them realize....Aluko is a loser for such comment...she won't get it...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Ignore the fox commentary ( besides other biased punters) and after 90 minutes, use your imagination to evaluate if we have performed well enough to stay in this type of company, what we need to ask ourselves is how can we stress to the different African football bodies to improve the fortunes of African football, just the same way we as professionals excel in white collar jobs despite the bias and discrimination, we need to extend this to sports, the only way for us to gain respect is by coming into these tournaments are beating these highly fancied teams silly, the Nigerian 1994 super eagles proved to the world our football was world class at least and were ranked 5th in the world, also the 1996 Olympics football title as well, they respected Nigeria football!, when we beat Spain in the 1998 world, our respect was at an all time high!

when the NFF are trying to cheat the girls out of their allowances and what not, barricade themselves in the hotel, that in itself is a disgrace, how can these ladies give their 100% in such circumstances? they know for all their efforts, they might not even get paid

its sad and pathetic!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

You would think that after all she's been through, she will have more sense. She's probably trying hard to get back into the good books of the British networks after they all ignored her for commentary and analysis duties during the WWC.
I am happy
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

100%Naija wrote:
Prince wrote:Let me see her in Church again,I was even hailing her, she should understand when people work so hard to achieve their dreams and get snatched awaz because of some idiots bias, like happened toher in England
To say i was disappointed in her comments is putting it lightly. There was the other Jamo pro analyst that did nothing but hype their squad while she was talking. She made absolutely sure to point out their achievements and the serious challenges\ battle they've faced to get to the WC and how certain bad calls by ref could set the tone of the game.

Its only when one of our own gets an opportunity to advocate for the African squad that she goes house negro on us. Tufiakwa... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

The Jamo Canadian analyst is the worst. I remember her complaining about Jamaica getting the bad calls vs Italy but when African teams get screwed she parrots Lalas talking points. Aluko on the other hand has been a dissapontment. I can see why she chose to play for England instead of Nigeria.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Rachel Yankee was more objective was even commending the Camerounian girls for finishing the game.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

she had no point, shame the extent these folks will go to, to please their masters.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

VALENCIENNES, France -- The head of women's soccer in Africa wants Cameroon to face punishment for the conduct of players in their Women's World Cup loss to England.
The Cameroon team rebelled against three officiating decisions in a 3-0 loss to England in the round of 16 on Sunday. After the game, Cameroon manager Alain Djeumfa accused officials of a "miscarriage of justice."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

JACKAL wrote:
VALENCIENNES, France -- The head of women's soccer in Africa wants Cameroon to face punishment for the conduct of players in their Women's World Cup loss to England.
The Cameroon team rebelled against three officiating decisions in a 3-0 loss to England in the round of 16 on Sunday. After the game, Cameroon manager Alain Djeumfa accused officials of a "miscarriage of justice."

Even the head of women football in Africa was disgusted by their behaviour! It was just one strange game really, VAR Has messed up this tournament, Women Football in Africa has to improve or they will continue to go there to make up the numbers
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

marko wrote:Ignore the fox commentary ( besides other biased punters) and after 90 minutes, use your imagination to evaluate if we have performed well enough to stay in this type of company, what we need to ask ourselves is how can we stress to the different African football bodies to improve the fortunes of African football, just the same way we as professionals excel in white collar jobs despite the bias and discrimination, we need to extend this to sports, the only way for us to gain respect is by coming into these tournaments are beating these highly fancied teams silly, the Nigerian 1994 super eagles proved to the world our football was world class at least and were ranked 5th in the world, also the 1996 Olympics football title as well, they respected Nigeria football!, when we beat Spain in the 1998 world, our respect was at an all time high!

when the NFF are trying to cheat the girls out of their allowances and what not, barricade themselves in the hotel, that in itself is a disgrace, how can these ladies give their 100% in such circumstances? they know for all their efforts, they might not even get paid

its sad and pathetic!
ol boi dat wan na diffent mata

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Imagine people defending what Cameroon did smh
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

I thought she and especially the Jamo Canadian have been cool to have on for diversity. Eniola seems unsure of herself though compared to the Jamo lady.