Why no statements on SE bonus row?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why no statements on SE bonus row?

Post by Enugu II »

How come no one is discussing the ongoing bonus row in super eagles camp? What's up with silence?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why no statements on SE bonus row?

Post by oloye »

Shuo e don start again? When are we gonna get over this rubbish? Why not just agree on a fixed amount even before reporting to camp, stick to it and pay the goddam agreed amount. This is becoming irritatingly boring.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

are there any issues over bonuses again?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote:How come no one is discussing the ongoing bonus row in super eagles camp? What's up with silence?
Probably because its is news to us. Abeg nak us tori. SE get issues too?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:How come no one is discussing the ongoing bonus row in super eagles camp? What's up with silence?
Water is wet!

Discuss!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

This is how you deal with the NFF. Dont wait for the tournament to be over and then say you wont leave the hotel. Mikel has learnt well from Oliseh and Enyeama.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

But .ta la se? meaning "who we vex?"
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

When Pinnick was accused of 'buying' the footballing press, critics were accused of lying. Anyway, there is no Dalung to blame this time :taunt: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Alright I’ve been “shouting” on twitter about this row. To me, based on what’s been happening the last few weeks, this row is a manufactured one by the NFF itself. They have asked the players to do this to force the FG to act.

This matter has been brewing. The NFF asked for supplemental dollars from the FG for both the Falcons and the SE. it’s been approved for weeks but the FG has been dribbling the NFF on when the money will be released. Last week they got assurances that it’ll be today. Money no show as promised.

NFF has been scrambling. Infighting with the FG sabotaging sponsorship deals and plenty of competitions to prepare for. Falcons did their own before their departure. That was enough shame for them.

The officials are FED up. So all I will say is the players and this NFF are very cozy. Don’t be surprised if this is being done at the request of the NFF.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Very soon i will distance myself from everything Nigerian, i dont have to kill myself hoping to see light in this self inflicted darkness due to being a Nigerian and unwavering desire that one day sanity will prevail. It looks as if madness has been sown into the fabrics of our nation, unfortunately there is nothing in my essence that can continue to live with this madness, it might cause me to lose my own sanity. Awon were!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Rumours making round is that it's NFF that actually asked the players to protest. The red beret wearing Minister seems not to be agreeing with the NFF financially.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

see rohr... :boo:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Bigpokey24 wrote:see rohr... :boo:
Wetin he do you again?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Robbynice wrote:
Wetin he do you again?
didn't he claim the players are sick? Why give out inaccurate information?
SuperEagles

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Wetin he do you again?
didn't he claim the players are sick? Why give out inaccurate information?
Let us just say it would be more damaging to the nation and would probably incur the wrath of CAF(i am not sure).

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oloye wrote:Very soon i will distance myself from everything Nigerian!
Uncle, please don't distance yourself. How will we survive one day without your involvement with Nigeria?

:???: :???: :???: :veryangry: :veryangry: :mad: :veryangry: :???:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

1naija wrote:
Uncle, please don't distance yourself. How will we survive one day without your involvement with Nigeria?

I dont think Nigeria's survival has anything to do with me, sometimes i think you folks just like to be rude. I gave my own opinion you dont have to respond.

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Mannnn....Our SE is being used as a pawn in a game of chicken between NFF and FG

Osasu Obayiuwana of the BBC has been following this money issue for weeks. He has been counting down days without FG approved cash for about a month or so now. He reported last week that the NFF had finally been given assurances by the FG that the money will land no later than today. This was money for both Falcons and SE.

Now keep in mind all the other commitments various National teams have had and the preparations involved. I'm mentioning this to those who will say the NFF should have all that sponsorship money. There is also the angle of deliberate sabotaging from the Dalung led faction of the FG to both SE sponsors and the FG itself. Amaju's perceived arrogance has made things extremely worse as he has refused to cowtail numerous times to a lot of ppl and they basically want to show him pepper. They have been dribbling the NFF on when to expect that money. Meanwhile NFF are bleeding dry. Look at the Falcons debacle a few days ago.

Osasu just reported that today's strike was about the winning bonus for the Burundi game played on Saturday. Ask yourselves in the history of striking in the national team, when has a strike ever occurred over 1 missed payment for a game played 3 days before? The players dont give a hoot about one missed payment. They know exactly whats's going on. NFF's pfficial explanation is that the money arrived today but the players want to be paid in dollars so it'll take time to convert it. That's a bunch of B.S. They dont have the money yet and are pilling on the pressure for the money to get released.

What i would really hate is if they end up not training today. That'll be incredibly stupid for all parties involved.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Ugbowo wrote:Mannnn....Our SE is being used as a pawn in a game of chicken between NFF and FG

Osasu Obayiuwana of the BBC has been following this money issue for weeks. He has been counting down days without FG approved cash for about a month or so now. He reported last week that the NFF had finally been given assurances by the FG that the money will land no later than today. This was money for both Falcons and SE.

Now keep in mind all the other commitments various National teams have had and the preparations involved. I'm mentioning this to those who will say the NFF should have all that sponsorship money. There is also the angle of deliberate sabotaging from the Dalung led faction of the FG to both SE sponsors and the FG itself. Amaju's perceived arrogance has made things extremely worse as he has refused to cowtail numerous times to a lot of ppl and they basically want to show him pepper. They have been dribbling the NFF on when to expect that money. Meanwhile NFF are bleeding dry. Look at the Falcons debacle a few days ago.

Osasu just reported that today's strike was about the winning bonus for the Burundi game played on Saturday. Ask yourselves in the history of striking in the national team, when has a strike ever occurred over 1 missed payment for a game played 3 days before? The players dont give a hoot about one missed payment. They know exactly whats's going on. NFF's pfficial explanation is that the money arrived today but the players want to be paid in dollars so it'll take time to convert it. That's a bunch of B.S. They dont have the money yet and are pilling on the pressure for the money to get released.

What i would really hate is if they end up not training today. That'll be incredibly stupid for all parties involved.
When you have idiots in govt, who have no clue about the 'soft-power' the SEagles & SFalcons brands provide Nigeria, they put personal issues above national interest...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Guinea, will be getting 3 points... when have we ever done well after a money strike.
SuperEagles

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cellular wrote:
Water is wet!

Discuss!
...very true.
Nigeria is ffucked, been saying this for the longest time.
If they can't afford shhit why enter torunament.
Soon their longer throat supporters here will come to critic and abuse the players, just like they did the Super Falcons.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oloye wrote:
1naija wrote:

I dont think Nigeria's survival has anything to do with me, sometimes i think you folks just like to be rude. I gave my own opinion you dont have to respond.
So uncle, you are the only one that has the right to have an opinion and respond to other people's post?

:???: :???: :???: :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.