ESPN black reports discuss casual racism from CAM/ENG game

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: ESPN black reports discuss casual racism from CAM/ENG ga

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lovely video Goke :clap: I am with Cameroon on this one 100%
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

WELL, TO THOSE POSTING HERE AND TRYING TO LAY THE BLAME ON THE CAM GIRLS...

...you can see how the reaction of the ESPN panel closely aligns with what some of us have been saying. And I mostly ignore Neville until now but it's his comments that are shameful. It didn't seem to matter to him that the refs were helping his in a match they could have won on their own. As for the alleged refusal by the girls to resume play, I thought they were just trying to regroup after frequent visits by the refs to the screen. It's also alleged that a Cam player spit on an English girl. I didn't see that but unless there's an extenuating circumstance that deserves severe punishment.
Bell
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

I stopped posting as much because of the weirdness casual “——ism” from folks and the excuses when it happens...they know who they are
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

goke313 wrote:I wonder if these discussions are happening in England
They are not! Cameroon's behaviour is all that is being discussed. Ironically, these discussions were happening after Nigeria's games with France and Germany. Now, it is all about the "angry black women". The stereotype is not correct, but Cameroon's behaviour was wrong as well.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

If only Cameroon took their several goal scoring opportunities, the headlines today will be Cameroon knocked England out in a highly controversial emotionally charged game
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bell wrote:WELL, TO THOSE POSTING HERE AND TRYING TO LAY THE BLAME ON THE CAM GIRLS...

...you can see how the reaction of the ESPN panel closely aligns with what some of us have been saying. And I mostly ignore Neville until now but it's his comments that are shameful. It didn't seem to matter to him that the refs were helping his in a match they could have won on their own. As for the alleged refusal by the girls to resume play, I thought they were just trying to regroup after frequent visits by the refs to the screen. It's also alleged that a Cam player spit on an English girl. I didn't see that but unless there's an extenuating circumstance that deserves severe punishment.
Bell

Bell,

I love the ESPN angle but see what CAF is threatening to do to the Cameroon team. Read on Isha Johansen's views. I think CAF needs to be a bit cautious because this is more complex than it appears on the surface.

Cameroon face inquiry and possible action after England defeat
Simon Evans
3 MIN READ
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-socc ... um=partner

(Reuters) - Cameroon face an inquiry and possible disciplinary action from soccer authorities after a 3-0 loss to England in the last 16 of the women’s World Cup on Sunday when they reacted furiously to two VAR decisions, initially refusing to restart the game.

After England’s second goal was ruled offside then allowed after a VAR review, several Cameroon players remonstrated with the referee and for a long time refused to restart the match.

They thought they had pulled a goal back early in the second half, only for VAR to again rule against them for a marginal offside - sparking more chaotic scenes.

The ill-tempered contest, which involved strong challenges throughout and an horrific tackle on England’s Steph Houghton, also saw an incident where Cameroon defender Augustine Ejangue spat on the arm of England forward Toni Duggan.

A spokesperson for soccer’s world governing body said on Monday: “FIFA is currently looking into the matter at this stage”.

FIFA’s disciplinary body is likely to examine some of the incidents as part of its routine review of matches, while Isha Johansen, chair of the women’s football committee for the African Football Confederation (CAF), said her body will open an inquiry.

“Whilst remaining proud of our African teams that participated in the FIFA Women’s World Cup, yesterday’s match between England and Cameroon reflected badly, not only on African women’s football but African football on the whole,” said Johansen, who is also president of the Sierra Leone FA.

“It is an issue which will be addressed and dealt with at the appropriate levels of governance,” she added in a statement.

England manager Phil Neville has heavily criticized the behavior of his side’s opponents.

“I am completely and utterly ashamed of the opposition,” said the former Manchester United player.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I dont think the girls should be punished for that incident, it is likely to do more harm than good, maybe some caution, thats all needed at this point, most important they need to fix that VAR madness! it is not consistent!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Honestly how many of you are still watching womens world cup now the falcons are out?

I already found women football boring because of the lack of parity. Now they have introduced a new element of using VAR to give the preferred teams an advantage

After saying that, i hope the Japanese win it. Still rememember how they won it just after the Tsunami disaster in Japan.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Neville is a racist and many English commentators exposed their racist tendencies on this issue. You should have been on Twitter after the game to see blue-checked British commentators calling these girls Animals and wild. It is enough to make you lose your mind.

Neville has done worse on the field. He was teammates with Cantona who laughed a flying kick into a fan. Did all that bother Neville? Did all the kids hate Man U because of that? This is all code for racist language and I’m not going to stand for it.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EII,

I would like to know what the complexity is...

And may I remind folks tweaking here that those ESPN commentators know as much football as grandma!

Enugu II wrote:
Bell wrote:WELL, TO THOSE POSTING HERE AND TRYING TO LAY THE BLAME ON THE CAM GIRLS...

Bell

Bell,

I love the ESPN angle but see what CAF is threatening to do to the Cameroon team. Read on Isha Johansen's views. I think CAF needs to be a bit cautious because this is more complex than it appears on the surface.

Simon Evans
3 MIN READ

(Reuters) - Cameroon face an inquiry and possible disciplinary action from soccer authorities after a 3-0 loss to England in the last 16 of the women’s World Cup on Sunday when they reacted furiously to two VAR decisions, initially refusing to restart the game.

After England’s second goal was ruled offside then allowed after a VAR review, several Cameroon players remonstrated with the referee and for a long time refused to restart the match.

They thought they had pulled a goal back early in the second half, only for VAR to again rule against them for a marginal offside - sparking more chaotic scenes.

The ill-tempered contest, which involved strong challenges throughout and an horrific tackle on England’s Steph Houghton, also saw an incident where Cameroon defender Augustine Ejangue spat on the arm of England forward Toni Duggan.

A spokesperson for soccer’s world governing body said on Monday: “FIFA is currently looking into the matter at this stage”.

FIFA’s disciplinary body is likely to examine some of the incidents as part of its routine review of matches, while Isha Johansen, chair of the women’s football committee for the African Football Confederation (CAF), said her body will open an inquiry.

“Whilst remaining proud of our African teams that participated in the FIFA Women’s World Cup, yesterday’s match between England and Cameroon reflected badly, not only on African women’s football but African football on the whole,” said Johansen, who is also president of the Sierra Leone FA.

“It is an issue which will be addressed and dealt with at the appropriate levels of governance,” she added in a statement.

England manager Phil Neville has heavily criticized the behavior of his side’s opponents.

“I am completely and utterly ashamed of the opposition,” said the former Manchester United player.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Enugu II wrote:

Bell

Bell,

Simon Evans
3 MIN READ

WELL...

…after she's done investigating the girls, her mandate should be extended to include an investigation of CAF and member countries so the world can see how they've mismanaged soccer for African women. One can argue that it's the failure of these people that has placed the women in the predicament in which they find themselves. How came they can't take the grievances of the women to FIFA?
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Y'ALL SAW WHAT ITALY GOT AWAY WITH vs CHINA?

In the 25th minute of the match, an Italian defender raised her boot to head level and made contact with the head of a Chinese attacker. After a VAR review the ref declared it a nothing burger.

I can't say with certainty how all of the refs in this WC would have called it if it were an African player but I think it was far worse than the blank kick which resulted in a PK against Nigeria and (what was the other team?). Some of you may have seen it but you may want to check it out if you didn't. In my humble opinion, it was a horrible non-call. Missing also was the kind of unfavorable comments by the commentators which you would have heard had the perpetrator been an African player. This is why I can understand the frustration of the Cameroon girls with calls going against them in lopsided proportions.

The greatest crime in all of this is if African FA chiefs fail to bring this to the attention of FIFA while at the same time upgrading the women's game in Africa.
Bell
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bell wrote:Y'ALL SAW WHAT ITALY GOT AWAY WITH vs CHINA?

In the 25th minute of the match, an Italian defender raised her boot to head level and made contact with the head of a Chinese attacker. After a VAR review the ref declared it a nothing burger.

I can't say with certainty how all of the refs in this WC would have called it if it were an African player but I think it was far worse than the blank kick which resulted in a PK against Nigeria and (what was the other team?). Some of you may have seen it but you may want to check it out if you didn't. In my humble opinion, it was a horrible non-call. Missing also was the kind of unfavorable comments by the commentators which you would have heard had the perpetrator been an African player. This is why I can understand the frustration of the Cameroon girls with calls going against them in lopsided proportions.

The greatest crime in all of this is if African FA chiefs fail to bring this to the attention of FIFA while at the same time upgrading the women's game in Africa.
Bell
Bell,

But it is not just Italy getting away with non-calls when the rules are there. Today, you would have seen how the Netherlands girls wasted time to get the ball back into play by changing the player taking the throw-in and then calling for another ball while the clock ticked without the referee showing any care or threatening a caution. But I remember the ref of the Nigeria v S/Korea game hounding a Nigerian player to quickly throw-in the ball or face a caution when the player sought to waste time. The pk retake against Nigeria was not a big "issue" and was simply the RULE being enforced but it suddenly became a big issue when it applied to the Scottish girls. Suddenly, not only did the UK media wail, the Premier League issued a statement on how it will apply the VAR, the feminists accused FIFA ion sexism for how it has used the VAR in the WWC, and FIFA suddenly changed how RULES on the same pk will apply in the WWC. Wait a minute? I thought it was THE RULE? :laugh: So why now are they changing it? :???: Go figure.

Fact is that this situation will not change by merely being muted to accept the RULES. Why? It isn't about just the rules but how the are enforced, when they are enforced, and who it is enforced against that matter. IMHO, it is absurd to sit back and simply state it is the RULE and let them stick it up to us. The point is that the administrators must complain and challenge how these rules are enforced and the large range of discretion used in determined where, when, and how those rules are enforced. That is the job of administrators and they should take it seriously. Football is not just the game on the field but also what happens in the boardrooms. It is that complex. There are no flowers or gifts for being naive.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Abeg both World Cups have become rigged. Don't even have interest in who wins anymore.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bell wrote:Y'ALL SAW WHAT ITALY GOT AWAY WITH vs CHINA?

Bell
I also saw the cameroon player stamp on the English girl foot, blatant sending off offence, yet the ref allowed play to go on! even the spitting episode as well, where do we draw the line?

Marko
hangingfire
Egg
Egg

Post by hangingfire »

goke313 wrote:I stopped posting as much because of the weirdness casual “——ism” from folks and the excuses when it happens...they know who they are

The problem with the Black race is that we are our own worst enemies. We hate each other. For a long time, VAR has been used as another tool of neocolonialism against lesser developed nations, just as the UN, economic sanctions, immigration policies, the international monetary fund (IMF), and the entities called civilized nations of the world and the so called first world nations have been used to suppress the competitive edge of such countries who represent the so called less advantaged nations. Other glaring tools of neocolonialism out there are the EU, NATO and the KKK. They all look alike and sound alike.

To the doubters, go take another look at the Nigeria versus Norway game. Before the referee commenced her antics of suppression against Nigeria, it was obvious that the Nigerian girls had the Norwegians by the jugular. Twice, their goalkeeper collided with her own player in her box without any Nigerian player interference and the referee whistled against the Nigerians to deny them good goal scoring opportunities. I don't know how many of us played football even at the amateur level. However, when it dawns on any player that the referee was all out to make your opponent win at all cost, players' morale tend to web and they tend to become highly fallible. It is the same with any human interaction.

The Nigeria versus Norway referee was obviously one of the worst that I have ever seen in my life and she succeeded in killing the spirit of the Flacons in the game against Norway. Also, the commentary at Fox TV for the ongoing FIFA Women world cup so far, has been so biased that one tend to wonder whether the commentators are watching the same games. At a stage in the Nigeria versus France game, even fans began boo the calls of the referee. Have you guys even taken into consideration the nationality of the referee that officiated the Nigeria versus Norway game and what might be driving her shameless displays? Also, she never for once, reviewed VAR against Norway in that game and tended to whistle against Nigeria play while ignoring similar displays by Norwegians thereby taking the away the physical advantage of the Nigerian team. Same thing happened to the South Africans and the Cameroonian girls in their matches against European nations. Not even on a single occurrence did she and the other referees do that in the games involving African nations. If they did, the interpretations always tend to evolve. Also, the VAR reviews were concocted to certain angles to favor discrimination like the France penalty against Nigeria. Even the solitary angle that they focused on was not convincing. Also, the game between Nigeria and France did not witness one instance of VAR review against France. If you also watched the second half of that very game more closely, you might tend to think that someone in FIFA got through to the referee at half time forcing her to corruptly amend her officiating. The referee that showed up in the second half was definitely not the same referee that officiated the first stanza of that game as far as I am concerned. Ditto the games involving all African teams and some second world nations.

I have since lost interest in the FIFA Women's world cup because I feel that FIFA has rigged the tournament to have a USA versus Norway or an all Caucasian final (at all cost) and they are using VAR to achieve it in front of the whole world. This tournament should be investigated by higher authorities for possible betting sham. Guess what? It will never happen because the so called higher authorities are the ones rigging it. It is unfortunate that it appears to a lot of folks that FIFA is the very organ that is pulling the strings here. To me, VAR has become a notorious tool that is being used to suppress lesser advantageous teams for political and economical gains by FIFA. Currently, Infantino's FIFA is also encroaching to directly control CAF. Why did FIFA not do the same thing to EUEFA when the brought corruption charges against it and Michel Platina? The annoying thing is that the crooks at CAF are so deranged that they have allowed themselves to be divided by FIFA, thus, becoming the mockery of the world. Also, the recent rules rolled out on June 1 seem to me as if they have been modelled to work with VAR to suppress designated areas in world football. Call it conspiracy theory if you like but I don't care. I have seen a lot of injustice in my lifetime to make me care about the the sentiments of some brain washed human beings who think that the very persons oppressing and suppressing them are some tin gods that have been molten out of a rotting cabbage right in front of them. Shame to those human beings whose brains are as fried as a stone cold rock.
Last edited by hangingfire on Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

hangingfire wrote:
goke313 wrote:I stopped posting as much because of the weirdness casual “——ism” from folks and the excuses when it happens...they know who they are

The problem with the Black race is that we are our own worst enemies. We hate each other. For a long time, VAR has been used as another tool of neocolonialism against lesser developed nations, just as the UN, economic sanctions, immigration policies, the international monetary fund (IMF), and the entities called civilized nations of the world and the so called first world nations have been used to suppress the competitive edge of such countries who represent the so called less advantaged nations. Other glaring tools of neocolonialism out there are the EU, NATO and the KKK. They all look alike and sound alike.

To the doubters, go take another look at the Nigeria versus Norway game. Before the referee commenced her antics of suppression against Nigeria, it was obvious that the Nigerian girls had the Norwegians by the jugular. Twice, their goalkeeper collided with her own player in her box without any Nigerian player interference and the referee whistled against the Nigerians to deny them good goal scoring opportunities. I don't know how many of us played football even at the amateur level. However, when it dawns on any player that the referee was all out to make your opponent win at all cost, your morale tend to web and you become highly fallible. It is the same with any human interaction.

That referee was obviously the worst that I have ever seen and she succeeded to kill the spirit of the Flacons in the game against Norway. Also, the commentary at Fox TV was so biased that one tend to wonder whether the commentators were watching the same match. At a stage, even the French fans began booing the calls of the referee. Have you guys even taken into consideration the nationality of that referee and what might be driving her attitude? Also, she never for once, reviewed VAR against Norway. Not even a single occurrence of that happened with during her officiating. Also, the game of Nigeria versus France did not see one instance of VAR review against France. If you also watched the second half of that game more closely, you might tend to think that someone in FIFA got through to the referee of that game at half time to corruptly amend her officiating because the referee that showed up in the second half was not the same referee that officiated the first match. Ditto the games involving all African teams and some second world nations.

I have since lost interest in the FIFA Women's world cup because I feel that FIFA has rigged the tournament to have a USA versus Norway or an all Caucasian final and they are using VAR to achieve it in front of the whole world. This tournament should be investigated by higher authorities for betting sham. Guess what? It will never be because the so called higher authorities are the ones rigging it. It is unfortunate that It appears to a lot of folks that FIFA is the very organ that is pulling the strings here. To me, VAR is a notorious tool that is being used to suppress lesser advantageous teams for political and economical gains by FIFA. Now, Infantino is also encroaching to directly control CAF. Why did he not do that to EUFA, against the corruption charges levelled against Michel Platina? The annoying thing is that the crooks at CAF are so foolish that they have allowed themselves to be divided by FIFA and have become a mockery of the world. Also, the recent rules rolled out on June 1 seem to me as if they have been modelled to work with VAR to suppress designated areas of the world. Call it conspiracy theory if you like but I don't care. I have seen a lot of injustice in my lifetime to make me care about the sentiments of a brain washed human being who thinks that the person oppressing and suppressing him is some kind of a tin god molten out of a rotting cabbage. Shame to that human being.
It is even worse to become a victim of the world against us mentality! nations have risen up in the face of tyranny, self sufficient is the key, we as African people needs to rise above what you just mentioned, for sponsors and what not, yes for big sponsors, they will prefer if one of their won win these big tournaments but that does not mean we should resign, I saw a few games involving our ladies, yes VAR was crap! our football was not good to say the least, that must be added as well, CAF will always sell out, they are nearly bankrupt as we speak! we need to tidy up our own house, put it in order, CAF needs to be more dominant and demand fair play

whether VAR is discriminatory is always up for discussion, are some referees biased? yes they are, our African referees are no better! I have been watching world cup for a long time, by now Africa should have tidied up all the mistakes of past era, we should be on par with these so-called European giants, Nigeria nearly knocked out Italy in 1994, Senegal made quarter-final, Ghana nearly made beat Uruguay, that is progress and should have been a stepping stone to improve in future competitions

If we are 100% and absolutely the world is against us, let Africa withdraw from these competitions right? lets host our own with the Caribbean and other Asian interested parties?

meanwhile the super eagles have not been paid match bonuses in 2019! so before we start taking on the world, lets try and clean up in Africa!

Marko
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

marko wrote:I dont think the girls should be punished for that incident, it is likely to do more harm than good, maybe some caution, thats all needed at this point, most important they need to fix that VAR madness! it is not consistent!
Lol. Change the VAR madness and inconsistency? Of course and it’s convenient that you’d now arrive at this conclusion after all the African teams have been eliminated. Not too long ago you were singing a totally different song laying all blame on the Africans.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I think Cameroon should be banned from football for two years, take the men too as a precaution.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

green4life wrote:
marko wrote:I dont think the girls should be punished for that incident, it is likely to do more harm than good, maybe some caution, thats all needed at this point, most important they need to fix that VAR madness! it is not consistent!
Lol. Change the VAR madness and inconsistency? Of course and it’s convenient that you’d now arrive at this conclusion after all the African teams have been eliminated. Not too long ago you were singing a totally different song laying all blame on the Africans.
go read my posts right from day 1, i have stated VAR is not consistent! African teams are out because we are not good enough at this level! we have to be honest with ourselves and stop playing the blame game, i watched the games as well, Nigeria could not pass the ball to save their lives! VAR is one thing, playing well is another thing, sorry African football is still in its growing infancy, individually, we have world class footballers, as a team, nope we do not, i for one choose not to be a victim, each to their own!

Marko
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Clinton Yates echoed the exact same sentiments I have shared here, the most important being that no one has any right to tell the Cameroonians how to react to an injustice. The focus should be on correcting the numerous injustices in soccer :!:

Cheers.