We miss Victor Moses

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: We miss Victor Moses

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:We miss his ability to create chances. There is no player currently on the team that can create chance and take on defenders like Moses used to do.
A huge miss my brother.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

waka-man wrote:We’ve had some good wingers over the years sha.
Odgebami
Elaho
Finidi
Amunike
Babangida
Moses

But we might be on the verge of a golden age with Chukwueze and Kalu. And bearing in mind that Iwobi, Onyekuru and Musa are all decent out wide, and even Moses Simon is not exactly a dud, there’s lots to be excited about.

If Success and Iheanacho settle down, with Ndidi and Etebo still in their prime, and a good crop of fullbacks emerging, we are maybe a goalkeeper away from having a really good team.
Only with a Coach who knows how to mould and maximise the individual talent he has into a team that knows how to win and get results.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

vancity eagle wrote:
1naija wrote:We miss his ability to create chances. There is no player currently on the team that can create chance and take on defenders like Moses used to do.

Sorry but Chukwueze is far superior to Moses in terms of taking on defenders.

Moses is an olympic diver.
On what basis is Chukwueze far superior to Moses? You have given an opinion, it will be nice if you can butress this opinion with facts.

One thing is a known fact, Moses has delivered the silverware by playing a very important role in the SE's recent successes. What has Chukwueze done in the SE shirt that makes him far superior?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Until he has done it against the best teams in this afcon and in africa, let us just say it is only in your imagination okay. We are talking of Moses because we have seen it do it, not imagine he can do it....Psst my bro, Moses did it. I hope these new guys can do it as well, i see no reason why they cannot, but until they do, let us just say Moses edged it on that basis. It is not hard really..A cup and a WC ticket is there to show :lol:

Moses today is not the same Moses of old.

Today Chukwueze is easily better.

Moses was the biggest dissapointment for us at the WC. Huge dissapointment.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

vancity eagle wrote:
oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Until he has done it against the best teams in this afcon and in africa, let us just say it is only in your imagination okay. We are talking of Moses because we have seen it do it, not imagine he can do it....Psst my bro, Moses did it. I hope these new guys can do it as well, i see no reason why they cannot, but until they do, let us just say Moses edged it on that basis. It is not hard really..A cup and a WC ticket is there to show :lol:

No until he does Moses did for us in the colors of SE. I like the boy, but so far he has played against minnows, let him do it against Mali, Algeria, CIV, Zambia and Cameroon, then we can begin to talk. No one is saying he does not have talent, hey Kelechi had talents and could easily have surpassed all the people who are leading in the scoring charts of SE, but where is he today? You cannot tell me he is better than Moses when all he has so far played against in the colors of SE are who again?

Yes Moses was a disappointment at the WC, has Chukueze played in the WC? Be patient VE , sometimes patience is all that is needed if you are deeply convinced about a matter, patience for that conviction to come to light.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle, I understand what you are saying.

However, just a note that he has done it against Real Madrid and Barcelona. Teams that are infinitely better than any team you have mentioned. Moses has been such a disappointment that they made him Right back, because frankly, as an attacking player, he is just too dumb.
oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

No until he does Moses did for us in the colors of SE. I like the boy, but so far he has played against minnows, let him do it against Mali, Algeria, CIV, Zambia and Cameroon, then we can begin to talk. No one is saying he does not have talent, hey Kelechi had talents and could easily have surpassed all the people who are leading in the scoring charts of SE, but where is he today? You cannot tell me he is better than Moses when all he has so far played against in the colors of SE are who again?

Yes Moses was a disappointment at the WC, has Chukueze played in the WC? Be patient VE , sometimes patience is all that is needed if you are deeply convinced about a matter, patience for that conviction to come to light.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

we are talking about RIGHT NOW.

Not AFCON 2013 which was 6 years ago.

RIGHT NOW Chukwueze is better at taking on players than Moses.

It is not even a discussion to be had, not even close.

Just go look at the stats on whoscored.com

Chukwueze is playing in a far superior league and has far more dribbles per game than Moses.

Plus I can see with my eyes Chukwueze dribbling past players with ease, while all you ever get these days with Moses is DIVING. Its really like he forgot how to even dribble past players.

Like it was already stated Chukwueze is doing the biz against the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid, while Moses is struggling in Turkey. OK oh.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

vancity eagle wrote:we are talking about RIGHT NOW.

Chukwueze is playing in a far superior league and has far more dribbles per game than Moses.

Plus I can see with my eyes Chukwueze dribbling past players with ease, while all you ever get these days with Moses is DIVING. Its really like he forgot how to even dribble past players.

Like it was already stated Chukwueze is doing the biz against the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid, while Moses is struggling in Turkey. OK oh.
I thought we were talking about SE and Afcon no!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:Uncle, I understand what you are saying.

However, just a note that he has done it against Real Madrid and Barcelona. Teams that are infinitely better than any team you have mentioned. Moses has been such a disappointment that they made him Right back, because frankly, as an attacking player, he is just too dumb.
oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I thought the context was SE and Afcon, abi the post has moved already. Seriously i joined the discussion based on the context. Strange Messi is being hailed as a club player for doing it against clubs and failing to get his due as an international player, suddenly the trend is revised in this debate. That is why i debate based on context, it helps to keep things clear.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

oloye wrote:

THe thread is WE MISS VICTOR MOSES.

Meaning we miss what he can do for us TODAY, not what he did 6 years ago.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Moses' selfish and dumb play worked great 6 years ago against the likes of Zambia, Mali and Burkina Faso. Against tactically astute teams he was easily brushed aside and rendered harmless. Exhibit A: Croatia - Nigeria

Wha choo looking at?!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Victor Moses of 2013 Yes! Victor Moses of last World Cup, I will pass on.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

When Moses prematurely retired, I mentioned in the thread that it will be a huge loss. He's still just 28 years old, in the prime of his career having played & succeeded at the highest level and still very much in demand in the market. In 2013, he was one of the best players in the ANC and he was easily our most attacking and creative threat in qualifying us for the 2018 WC just last year. He wins our pks when things are tights, scores our pks and creates assists plus other chances by dragging defenders out of position. And he's still in his prime. Why Rohr couldn't sort things out with the player beats me and wreaks of poor man management.

Chukwuezi is a huge talent but he's a rookie which makes him highly prone to rookie error decisions and mental lapses. Folks won't agree but its what it is. Water under the bridge but it's a bit much pressure on the young boy when Moses should be on ground to start with Chukwuezi off the bench running against tired legs and without a worry or pressure in the world - ideal situation for a rookie to find his feet. Musa is a proven veteran and should be starting - being more effective/ reliable a scoring threat notwithstanding issues with crossing the ball. Anyway, hopefully it works out for our boys.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Moses' selfish and dumb play worked great 6 years ago against the likes of Zambia, Mali and Burkina Faso. Against tactically astute teams he was easily brushed aside and rendered harmless. Exhibit A: Croatia - Nigeria
Croatia isn't playing in Africa though? :dream:
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

okidoki wrote:Victor Moses of 2013 Yes! Victor Moses of last World Cup, I will pass on.
He was our best player during qualifiers and also against egypt (ACN qualifiers I believe). My his non performance at world cup had to do with change of position or fatigue. During qualifiers, he was given free pass to roam around. But he was limited to wing back duties at WC.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:When Moses prematurely retired, I mentioned in the thread that it will be a huge loss. He's still just 28 years old, in the prime of his career having played & succeeded at the highest level and still very much in demand in the market. In 2013, he was one of the best players in the ANC and he was easily our most attacking and creative threat in qualifying us for the 2018 WC just last year. He wins our pks when things are tights, scores our pks and creates assists plus other chances by dragging defenders out of position. And he's still in his prime. Why Rohr couldn't sort things out with the player beats me and wreaks of poor man management.

Chukwuezi is a huge talent but he's a rookie which makes him highly prone to rookie error decisions and mental lapses. Folks won't agree but its what it is. Water under the bridge but it's a bit much pressure on the young boy when Moses should be on ground to start with Chukwuezi off the bench running against tired legs and without a worry or pressure in the world - ideal situation for a rookie to find his feet. Musa is a proven veteran and should be starting - being more effective/ reliable a scoring threat notwithstanding issues with crossing the ball. Anyway, hopefully it works out for our boys.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

green4life wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Moses' selfish and dumb play worked great 6 years ago against the likes of Zambia, Mali and Burkina Faso. Against tactically astute teams he was easily brushed aside and rendered harmless. Exhibit A: Croatia - Nigeria
Croatia isn't playing in Africa though? :dream:
Are you saying there ain't no tactically astute teams in Africa? Egypt for one will chew Moses up and spit him out.

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Uncle, I understand what you are saying.

oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I thought the context was SE and Afcon, abi the post has moved already. Seriously i joined the discussion based on the context. Strange Messi is being hailed as a club player for doing it against clubs and failing to get his due as an international player, suddenly the trend is revised in this debate. That is why i debate based on context, it helps to keep things clear.
Ah! Okay. Then that changes the analysis. I thought the argument was about both players, in general.

The whole idea of "Messi is a club footballer," is completely a dishonest argument. I dont like Barcelona or Argentina, so I have never had the chance to support Messi. However, the honest truth is that if you realized what is going on, you will feel sorry for Messi. The few times he has been able to drag the useless Argentina to the top, Higuain has singlehandedly destroyed their chances of winning. I believe the last copa america, it was Aguero's turn to refuse to score easy chances. Lets not even speak of the coaches Argentina has had and their inability to create a workable system.

Messi is e en lucky that he is still able to drag Barca to the top over the last 2 years. Barca has been as bad as Argentina, administration-wise and technical-wise. If you watched Barca this season, you will feel sorry for Messi. The man does not deserve the rubbish Argentina and Barca has put him through.

Anyway, thats a discussion for another topic.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:When Moses prematurely retired, I mentioned in the thread that it will be a huge loss. He's still just 28 years old, in the prime of his career having played & succeeded at the highest level and still very much in demand in the market. In 2013, he was one of the best players in the ANC and he was easily our most attacking and creative threat in qualifying us for the 2018 WC just last year. He wins our pks when things are tights, scores our pks and creates assists plus other chances by dragging defenders out of position. And he's still in his prime. Why Rohr couldn't sort things out with the player beats me and wreaks of poor man management.

In his prime, he was converted to a right back.

In his prime, he was sent on loan to the Turkish league.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Moses was and is a baller anytime Against AFRICAN teams. He would had easily destroyed all these African teams with ease dude did it in 13,14,18. It’s only against top European and South American teams that’s he dosent perform well
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:Moses was and is a baller anytime Against AFRICAN teams. He would had easily destroyed all these African teams with ease dude did it in 13,14,18. It’s only against top European and South American teams that’s he dosent perform well
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: a baller who does not perform against top teams. :lol: :lol:

he is brainless. thats the issue. against useless teams, you can run in a straight line and overpower them. Against any averagely well coached side, they'll just cut off your space and you end up a diving headless chicken with no space to run to. :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

VM is the missing link between the midfield and attack for the SE. I can just imagine the damage he would've done to Guinea yesterday. He was vastly superior against African teams. He destroyed Cameroon and Algeria during the WCQs. He also knows how to commit defenders into giving away penalties. He's a very big miss!
I am happy