Super Eagles Lineup For The Game Against Guinea--owngoal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Super Eagles Lineup For The Game Against Guinea--owngoal

Post by naijaguy »

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr will make as many as three changes to the Super Eagles starting lineup for the game against Guinea, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.
From the starting lineup for the game against Burundi, which the team won 1-0 Rohr will add Chidozie Awaziem to the defence line following his impressive showing after coming on for Shehu Abdullahi, who has been ruled out of the tournament due to injury.

In the midfield, the biggest casualty will be captain of the team John Obi Mikel who will likely drop to the bench with Ahmed Musa taking his place in the starting lineup although the trio of Alex Iwobi, Wilfred Ndidi and Oghenekaro Etebo will play as the midfield three.
In attack, Paul Onuachu ‎will make way for match winner against Burundi Odion Ighalo for the game against Guinea and he is expected to lead the line alongside Musa with the Eagles set to attack from the get go.
Already the team have been training with this lineup in the last two sessions and it looks the most likely the same team that will start the game against Guinea on Wednesday.

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/06/25/t ... st-guinea/
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Super Eagles Lineup For The Game Against Guinea--owngoal

Post by Cellular »

Too early to drop players due to performance issues. First games are generally tough.

Couple of the players were not physically fit after suffering illness.

Other than the injury-induced changes I will still keep the team as is to see if they can work through their chemistry issues.

But if this is true, it shows a willingness to tweak things by the coaching staff.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Collins is back in training. I guess he is not fit enough. I would have preferred playing Mikel deeper and then dropping Etebo.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:Too early to drop players due to performance issues. First games are generally tough.

Other than the injury-induced changes I will still keep the team as is to see if they can work through their chemistry issues.

But if this is true, it shows a willingness to tweak things by the coaching staff.

Will be surprised on Mikel Obi decision, TBH. If Gernot Rohr takes that decision it will certainly seem out of character. Yet it appears to be the best for SE at this time. Kudos to Rohr if it happens. I was already surprised by his willingness to start Chukwueze. Abi, Leopards don begin change spots?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:Too early to drop players due to performance issues. First games are generally tough.

Will be surprised on Mikel Obi decision, TBH. If Gernot Rohr takes that decision it will certainly seem out of character. Yet it appears to be the best for SE at this time. Kudos to Rohr if it happens. I was already surprised by his willingness to start Chukwueze. Abi, Leopards don begin change spots?
I will be very surprised.

Unless Mikel is still not 100%.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

KPOM. It is so uncharacteristic of Rohr.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ohenhen1 wrote:Collins is back in training. I guess he is not fit enough. I would have preferred playing Mikel deeper and then dropping Etebo.
Mikel is already automatically gonna cost you a sub in a matchup that you might need all three subs. The team qualified without him, they should be able to manage with him on the bench and coming on if necessary.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I assuming you don't mean Mikel playing as #10 again :roll: :roll: :roll: Haven't we had enough body of evidence to see he isn't a playmaker? He has played as a holding midfielder for years that it will be hard for him to play as a #10 anymore.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

theYemster wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Collins is back in training. I guess he is not fit enough. I would have preferred playing Mikel deeper and then dropping Etebo.
Mikel is already automatically gonna cost you a sub in a matchup that you might need all three subs. The team qualified without him, they should be able to manage with him on the bench and coming on if necessary.
He was played out of position last game. I dont see how Mikel will cost you a sub if the coach properly uses him.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

KPOM. It is so uncharacteristic of Rohr.
In fact I no go believe am until I see it on my TV screen, just no way lol, called the bobo back after a year just to sit him???? Rohr no get that kin of balls! :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

highbury wrote:

I assuming you don't mean Mikel playing as #10 again :roll: :roll: :roll: Haven't we had enough body of evidence to see he isn't a playmaker? He has played as a holding midfielder for years that it will be hard for him to play as a #10 anymore.
He plays as a 10 for Naijaria and has been doing a good job of it.

The coach has tried to replace him and the team played a disjointed game without him. The two games he played when came back to the team he was the best player on the pitch. He had a terrible off game against Burundi. Not making excuses for him.

But I will give the entire team a pass for the resilience they showed in their first game. A lot of the players were recovering from illness and the conditions weren't ideal even for the fit players.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Not really sure why it would be a surprise if Rohr drops Mikel. He's dropped lots of players in the past. In fact, perhaps only three players have never been dropped when fit under Rohr:
Ekong, Ndidi and Mikel.
Etebo, Iwobi, Iheanacho, Musa, Ighalo, Balogun, Aina etc etc have all been dropped.
Fact is Ndidi is holding down the last man place and ahead of him, Rohr wants energy. Mikel is really competition for his place against Ndidi, one of the world's top rated anchor men. I won't be surprised at all if he is benched.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mikel best fit for Nigeria is not the number 10 role. The role he played against Zimbabwe suits him better.

FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Cellular wrote:
highbury wrote:

The coach has tried to replace him and the team played a disjointed game without him. The two games he played when came back to the team he was the best player on the pitch. He had a terrible off game against Burundi. Not making excuses for him.

But I will give the entire team a pass for the resilience they showed in their first game. A lot of the players were recovering from illness and the conditions weren't ideal even for the fit players.
:agree: .
Mikel has accumulated enough credit in the bank, to be benched just after one bad game...The struggles of the inexperienced Onuachu didn't help Mikel in the #10 role...

Let's assess him with Ighalo as the frontman...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Haba uncle! If Rohr no sub you go complain. When him sub you go complain. You sure say you never become professional wailer? :taunt:

BTW, I don pack my bags o! Let me know when make I begin come to become PA to the PA to the assistant wailer.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Cellular wrote:
highbury wrote:

:agree: .
Mikel has accumulated enough credit in the bank, to be benched just after one bad game...The struggles of the inexperienced Onuachu didn't help Mikel in the #10 role...

Let's assess him with Ighalo as the frontman...
I'm wondering what Onuachu has to do with Mikel continuously losing the ball, tripping and falling over the ball on a counter, missing a wide open header from a corner, and then proceeding to stand around and not chase anything after minute 46. I'm not sure how Onuachu caused all that. Don't forget Mikel subbed out before Onuachu and you could clearly see an improvement in our midfield play with Onuachu still on the field.

If Mikel is to play seems he can no longer play further up, let him play DM.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Like Cellular said, I too will go with the starting 11 against Burundi. This is a tournament and folks need to chill, the team will evolve. We need both Onuachu and Chukwueze to settle in and it really is disappointing the way folks are going on about Mikel. Folks forget that Mikel has not had many outings with these new boys and needs time to find his rythm. At least for the first half, I will start the same team that started against Burundi.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Goldleaf wrote:Like Cellular said, I too will go with the starting 11 against Burundi. This is a tournament and folks need to chill, the team will evolve. We need both Onuachu and Chukwueze to settle in and it really is disappointing the way folks are going on about Mikel. Folks forget that Mikel has not had many outings with these new boys and needs time to find his rythm. At least for the first half, I will start the same team that started against Burundi.
Kpom! CE has gone to the dogs. This is the same Mikel that helped us win Afcon and qualify for 3 world cup tournaments. he's now a bumbling fool tripping over himself as he tries toget the ball. That is how short sighted these simps are!
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Like Cellular said, I too will go with the starting 11 against Burundi. This is a tournament and folks need to chill, the team will evolve. We need both Onuachu and Chukwueze to settle in and it really is disappointing the way folks are going on about Mikel. Folks forget that Mikel has not had many outings with these new boys and needs time to find his rythm. At least for the first half, I will start the same team that started against Burundi.
Kpom! CE has gone to the dogs. This is the same Mikel that helped us win Afcon and qualify for 3 world cup tournaments. he's now a bumbling fool tripping over himself as he tries toget the ball. That is how short sighted these simps are!
Mikel's last ANC was 6 years ago man, lately Mikel has been playing DM in the second division, we shouldn’t over stress him, play him in DM where he’s comfortable, why una wan kill am? You sure sey you get Mikels best interest at heart? Dude needs to find a new club, you want potential teams to be seeing him tripping over himself trying to attack when he’s a DM? Even in the WC Rohr stopped that one after game 1. Even in 2013 Keshi no try that kin rubbish, instead used Nosa and Mba as our AM and later Oduamadi and Baby Messi in qualifiers and WC. Abeg, if you guys are wishing boy wonder bad you better stop it o!!!!
Last edited by maceo4 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is a long competition. Maranthon not a sprint. We should start peaking after we reach the Quarters.

Will go with this lineup. Collins should be back for Madagascar.

Ezenwa
Awaziem, Omeruo, Ekong, Aina
Mikel, Iwobi, Ndidi
Chukwuze, Osimhen, Onyekuru

Musa and Ighalo can come in for the last 30 minutes and then start against Madagascar on Sunday. Collins will start against Madagascar. Kalu can also get some minutes against Madagascar.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:

Haba uncle! If Rohr no sub you go complain. When him sub you go complain. You sure say you never become professional wailer? :taunt:

BTW, I don pack my bags o! Let me know when make I begin come to become PA to the PA to the assistant wailer.
Uncle, you can come and take my position. I don tire.
Nothing you dey read for Internet or your annual 2-week tour assessing the quality of education of the female University students who are enjoying your scholarships will prepare you for this jungle.

Yes, we are all mad. Jos dat some pipul medication dey work.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

theYemster wrote:
:clap: :agree: The players are capable and I’m sure Mikel knows but it’s up to Mikel to be the bigger man as I can’t see Rohr being able to drop Mikel with Mikel giving him the Ok to do so!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

we will be playing in the middle of the day. It is going to be very very hot.

I would not start Mikel at all. We need lungs in this game and Rohr is right to drop Mikel to the bench. I believe he will still have a major role to play at this tournament, but not in this match.

This supposed lineup is spot on and I would not change a thing with it.