Wake Up Africa!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Wake Up Africa!!!

Post by txj »

I have thoroughly enjoyed the FIFA Women World Cup going on in France. As a student of the game, it's been fascinating watching the steady development of the women game and the bridging of the gap between Europe especially, and the US, the dominant team in the women game.

What I have not enjoyed however, is the African participation. And by African participation I mean the whole gamut of participants, from players to officials and fans.
https://africanfutbol.blogspot.com/2019 ... frica.html
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Wake Up Africa!!!

Post by txj »

Suddenly African fans in their large numbers have become a bunch of whiners; whining endlessly at referees and VAR decisions, all the while clueless about the rules of the game, and apparently too lazy to get off their couches and learn the fvucking rules!!!

https://africanfutbol.blogspot.com/2019 ... frica.html[/quote]

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I don't know which is worse, the whining African fans or the sympathetic liberals on Western TV talking about how these women players may not have seen VAR in their lives, or how they have not been supported- true....

But can we get off this crap!

https://africanfutbol.blogspot.com/2019 ... frica.html[/quote][/quote]

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

A lot has been written about the Scotland-Cameroon game, with African fans up in arms about everything, conveniently ignoring at least two red card worthy offences by Cameroon, with a long and rich history of agricultural tackles in men, women and youth football...

https://africanfutbol.blogspot.com/2019 ... frica.html[/quote][/quote][/quote]

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

people love to just cry racism as a default.

I am not saying racism doesn't exist, because it does. BUt when you cry it out at everything you demean and lessen actual cases of racism.

I haven't watched much of the WWC, but I was shocked that many claimed a Nigerian player who clearly hacked down a player, didn't deserve to give away a penalty. I mean it was stone cold, and you had people complaining of racism.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I dont know if i want to read this based on the excerpts you have posted.

If you dont provide context and are just on your bully pulpit stating the obvious then yea, i pass.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

vancity eagle wrote:people love to just cry racism as a default.

I am not saying racism doesn't exist, because it does. BUt when you cry it out at everything you demean and lessen actual cases of racism.

I haven't watched much of the WWC, but I was shocked that many claimed a Nigerian player who clearly hacked down a player, didn't deserve to give away a penalty. I mean it was stone cold, and you had people complaining of racism.
I still don't believe that was a pk.

The ref may not have been a racist, it was not a racist decision but there are plenty of biased decisions that are maybe influenced by race.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:scared:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mods please kindly shangalo this to world forum
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

txj wrote:As a student of the game
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ATF the student

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the sad part of the article, is the fact that he wrote an article complaining about people complaining :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:the sad part of the article, is the fact that he wrote an article complaining about people complaining :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No sir. The article is about the stupidity of people.

Just like you....

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:the sad part of the article, is the fact that he wrote an article complaining about people complaining :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just like you....
blah, blah, blah...you are still complaining and whining about people :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
txj wrote:

Just like you....
blah, blah, blah...you are still complaining and whining about people :lol: :lol:
If only u were not that stupid...

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
txj wrote:

Just like you....
If only u were not that stupid...
now after complaining and whining , you are now getting all upset because a person with a higher intelligence just called you out for doing the same thing you complained about in that article :D you see your life :lol:
SuperEagles

SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

txj wrote:

Just like you....
Bros, maybe this is a schtick or you really think like this but you really need to improve your writing style (and your manner of conversation in general). Stop talking down to people like everyone is all just stupid and you are the only one that has the supreme knowledge. Very few people will pay attention to even the great content you write if you keep referring to them as being stupid (Bigpokey24 aside).

Some you what you wrote is on point (based on the excerpts here) but to be frank I am not encouraged to go read the rest because I don't appreciate the smug, "better than you" tone of it.

Just my two cents!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ugbowo wrote:

The ref may not have been a racist, it was not a racist decision but there are plenty of biased decisions that are maybe influenced by race.
I agree with the bolded, and I believe it takes place far more often than people admit.

Not necessarily outright racism, but a subconscious racial bias. I dont know if the difference is simply semantics.

However I disagree with you on the penalty. If you kick out violently, completely miss the ball and hit the player, how can that not be a penalty ? Are we talking about the same incident ?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

I agree with the bolded, and I believe it takes place far more often than people admit.

Not necessarily outright racism, but a subconscious racial bias. I dont know if the difference is simply semantics.

However I disagree with you on the penalty. If you kick out violently, completely miss the ball and hit the player, how can that not be a penalty ? Are we talking about the same incident ?

How can it be bias if the same decision is being made for similar offences elsewhere?

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Fifa is holding a priority investigation, to be concluded within 48 hours, into the behaviour of the Cameroon team during their 3-0 loss to England in the last 16 of the Women’s World Cup on Sunday evening.

A Fifa spokesperson said: “Please note that Fifa is currently looking into the matter at this stage. Further updates will be provided in due course.” The Guardian understands that as part of the investigation Fifa is looking into all aspects of Cameroon’s behaviour and the allegations and comments made by the players and the manager, Alain Djeumfa.

Reports from the match officials and the match commissioner, Alexandra Benado of Chile, are being compiled. Usually, action cannot be taken unless there are recommendations for it in either report. However, article 72 of Fifa’s disciplinary code states: “In certain circumstances, the jurisdiction of the judicial bodies may apply.” Article 77 says the disciplinary committee is able to sanction “serious infringements which have escaped the match officials’ attention”, rectify “obvious errors in the referee’s disciplinary decisions” and pronounce “additional sanctions, such as a fine”.

These rules mean that Fifa does potentially have the power to step in and retrospectively sanction Alexandra Takounda’s late stamp on Steph Houghton, the incident when Augustine Ejangue seemingly spat on the outstretched arm of Toni Duggan and Yvonne Leuko’s early elbow in the face of Nikita Parris. “In theory, yes we can do it,” a source said.

Fifa officials are thought to be furious at complaints that the flag went up for offside before Ellen White took her shot for England’s second goal, with video footage clearly showing that she was still celebrating before the flag was raised. Had it gone up before the shot, the goal would not have stood because VAR could not be used.

It is also believed Fifa has officially adjudged the performance of the referee, China’s Qin Liang, as good and found “every decision and the use of VAR was correct, using the protocols” and were applied to the letter. Officials also think Qin did all she could to ensure a prompt restart after the VAR delays.

It is understood that Fifa accepts mistakes do happen and the referee’s decisions to overrule VAR advice on Fran Kirby’s penalty appeal and a possible Takounda red card incident late in the game were the best ways to make certain the game came to a conclusion with both teams on the pitch.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... up-england