MOSES SIMON

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: MOSES SIMON

Post by Lolly »

oscar52 wrote:Simon has regressed, he, Musa, and Moses used to carry the SE on the wings. He looks so unsure of himself today. That just goes to show how important confidence hs, he is being played as a Wing back at his club and saddled with defensive responsibilities and he seem to have lost his offensive acumen. Same thing happened to Victor Moses at Chelsea with Conte.
Nothing more to say. Dude was very good for us a few years back but he has really lost form.

I think he is playing his last few games for Nigeria. Unless he finds another lease of life over the next few years.

He was below par today.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

deanotito wrote:Game over Nigeria v Cameroon. Thank God!!

Playing Moses Simon over Chukwueze is tantamount to malpractice. It’s not just a difference of opinion. It’s just a brainless choice. One player is so obviously better. I don’t know what Rohr is thinking

Simon defends.

Chukwueze doesn't.

There is your answer.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

vancity eagle wrote:

Playing Moses Simon over Chukwueze is tantamount to malpractice. It’s not just a difference of opinion. It’s just a brainless choice. One player is so obviously better. I don’t know what Rohr is thinking

Simon defends.

Chukwueze doesn't.

There is your answer.

Please stop spreading false comments. Chukwueze defends better than Simon, go ask awaziem and the Cameroon attackers. With Simon the SE concede from the right, with Chukwueze the right was locked down. What were u watching?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Zelex wrote:I don't think Moses Simon has been bad. He has solid for the most part.
He has been BAD!!! Solid where?? Playing half-brain passes all over the place. Couldn’t even pass the ball right in a 2v1 situation

Musa has been worse IMO.

He has had far worse passes when we were in very dangerous situations. Musa always messes up counter attacks. Simon at least knows how to take men on and create space.

Musa is all running, no guile and no brains.

I really think Musa avoids so much criticsm and it is all directed towards Simon.

Simon hasn't been great IMO, but he is better than Musa. Easily.
Did you watch the match? The same Musa that set up 2 chances for Ighalo?
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote:

Simon defends.

Chukwueze doesn't.

There is your answer.
Not true. Maybe Simon has a bit more experience defending since has been playing as a wing back for his club.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Dammy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Zelex wrote:I don't think Moses Simon has been bad. He has solid for the most part.
He has been BAD!!! Solid where?? Playing half-brain passes all over the place. Couldn’t even pass the ball right in a 2v1 situation

Musa has been worse IMO.

He has had far worse passes when we were in very dangerous situations. Musa always messes up counter attacks. Simon at least knows how to take men on and create space.

I really think Musa avoids so much criticsm and it is all directed towards Simon.

Did you watch the match? The same Musa that set up 2 chances for Ighalo?
Musa must play every match. His merits far outweigh his faults. He was involved in the third goal as well.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lolly wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Simon defends.

Chukwueze doesn't.

There is your answer.
Not true. Maybe Simon has a bit more experience defending since has been playing as a wing back for his club.
A whole lot more. And as long as Awaziem is playing Rohr will play Simon. It's the common sense thing to do. Chukwueze can come off the bench.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

vancity eagle wrote:

Simon defends.

Chukwueze doesn't.

There is your answer.

NONSENSE. PURE NONSENSE
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

vancity eagle wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Musa has been worse IMO.

Musa has a no-criticism clause in my book because he saved our World Cup. That being said, like many of the others on that field, Musa’s performance was volatile. At times he was very good. At others, very bad. It was not a great game for any of the starters. I can’t think of one of them who wasn’t volatile. Hell, I even saw Ndidi make some stupid passes that put his defense under pressure. Even Ighalo, with his 2 goals, was frustratingly bad at times. I was just confused. They looked bewitched during portions of that first half

But when I see a very easy personnel choice that ROHR keeps flubbing, I am at a loss for words. You cannot look at Simon and Chukwueze for more than 10 mins and think Simon is the better player.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote:

Simon defends.

Chukwueze doesn't.

There is your answer.
Said as much in the game we were exposed when Simon covered up for Awaziem limitations. And the difference when he wasn't there.

Chukwueze must have been watching and paying attention because he did cover defensively agaisnt Cameroun. Yes, he does give you more offensively. Watching the game, once I saw that Cameroun wasn't a threat on your right side, I was like, bring in Chukwueze...

Hope Onyekuru is watching to see what is required of him in order to get on the pitch.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...some people, CE Nigerians, no like we win, pure and simple. All goals clean, no controversy.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Cellular wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Simon defends.

Chukwueze doesn't.

There is your answer.
Said as much in the game we were exposed when Simon covered up for Awaziem limitations. And the difference when he wasn't there.

Chukwueze must have been watching and paying attention because he did cover defensively agaisnt Cameroun. Yes, he does give you more offensively. Watching the game, once I saw that Cameroun wasn't a threat on your right side, I was like, bring in Chukwueze...

Hope Onyekuru is watching to see what is required of him in order to get on the pitch.
This Simon as Vieira theory just wont die. Substandard rubbish offensively. Average defensively. He does nothing on defense that is not easily replicated by another player.

Tell me, what tackle did Simon make? Who did he track down and dispossess? What are these defensive qualities that people keep talking about
Last edited by deanotito on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote:

Simon defends.

Chukwueze doesn't.

There is your answer.

This is actually a pathological lie. And anyone who has watched Chukwueze for Villareal and Nigeria knows that he defends. We all saw it today, when he came in. But continue.

After all, their job is to come and defend :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Cellular wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Simon defends.

Chukwueze doesn't.

There is your answer.

Chair, how you dey talk like you never played common street matches..........if you are facing down Odegbami on the wings, the last thing on your mind is how to attack down the right flank.
All on your mind is how to stop Odegbami.....................that's what a Chukwueze brings to our table.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Simon defends.

Chukwueze doesn't.

There is your answer.

Uncle, Chukwueze wasnt watching anything! This is the Chukwueze of Villareal and the same that has played for Nigeria. This is how he plays and he is very good at helping the right back out. Some people are prepared to tell lies just to push their own agenda. Dont beieve anything from the mouth of that person.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Game Over: Nigeria vs South Africa

I need to ask this one more time, now that the excuses about Chukwueze have melted into thin air

WHAT THE HELL WAS ROHR THINKING BENCHING THIS BOY FOR MOSES SIMON??
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

brainless player! Tufiakwa!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Abegi, our winner came off his corner-kick... :thumbs:
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Gotti wrote:Abegi, our winner came off his corner-kick... :thumbs:
>
So he deserves to start over Chukwueze?? Talk am now, make I send thunda into your domot. The only ball that did not go to his leg to die was that corner. Every other ball, STRAIGHT DEATH.

Sit his butt on the bench Please. I have no problem with him playing if we had no alternative. But Chukwueze and Musa ARE MUCH better than Simon. I cant even understand it
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

deanotito wrote:So he deserves to start over Chukwueze?? Talk am now, make I send thunda into your domot. The only ball that did not go to his leg to die was that corner. Every other ball, STRAIGHT DEATH.

Sit his butt on the bench Please. I have no problem with him playing if we had no alternative. But Chukwueze and Musa ARE MUCH better than Simon. I cant even understand it
This site and Strawman’s Arguments...
It’s a TEAM game and he came in and made a WINNING contribution. Kudos to him.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

danfo driver wrote:brainless player! Tufiakwa!
Actually intelligent. Just limited athletically and he fears leg too much.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

deanotito wrote:
>
So he deserves to start over Chukwueze?? Talk am now, make I send thunda into your domot. The only ball that did not go to his leg to die was that corner. Every other ball, STRAIGHT DEATH.

Dude, you have refused to identify the real problem.

Simon should not be playing on the left. Chukuweze has it locked down. Ighalo should start on the bench so Rohr can play Musa in the middle with Simon or Kalu on the right.
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Schillachi wrote:
deanotito wrote:
>

Dude, you have refused to identify the real problem.

Simon should not be playing on the left. Chukuweze has it locked down. Ighalo should start on the bench so Rohr can play Musa in the middle with Simon or Kalu on the right.
Simon has always played on the right, until today when he came in for Musa. Not sure what you mean