Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:05 am
Posts: 14599
Location: Boston, and The Patsies SUCK.
I just saw the highlights of the game and one moment stuck out to me. In the first half, we had a break away with Ighalo and Musa. All Ighalo had to do was pass to Musa for a wide open net and he chose to shoot into the side netting. What the hell was that? I think he needs to be benched again due to that one error, because that was a guaranteed goal.

This type of selfishness is like a cancer that can screw up the team, and that should not be allowed.

_________________
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.


Last edited by muzines on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 34148
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
The fact that he scored the winner in the last game made him go from confident to overconfident. He enjoyed being the hero.

I still maintain my position that he's better off coming off the bench. It keeps him hungry.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13858
that was shocking from Ighalo.

Bench him ?

hmm. Even in the few minutes Onuachu was on the pitch he displayed his poor lack of first touch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 34148
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
vancity eagle wrote:
that was shocking from Ighalo.

Bench him ?

hmm. Even in the few minutes Onuachu was on the pitch he displayed his poor lack of first touch.

I didn't say for Onuachu.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:37 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 7457
Osimhen should be in the mix.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38225
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Thank God we won, else he might have received some more slander...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13100
Location: USA
That was just bad. He claims he didn’t see Musa but that’s hard to believe. The choice he made was so bad that it’s almost as if he hated Musa. Scoring from that angle is next to impossible

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:05 am
Posts: 14599
Location: Boston, and The Patsies SUCK.
vancity eagle wrote:
that was shocking from Ighalo.

Bench him ?

hmm. Even in the few minutes Onuachu was on the pitch he displayed his poor lack of first touch.


If he’s going to do that, then we might as well play 10 against 11. That was just scandalous.

_________________
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:05 am
Posts: 14599
Location: Boston, and The Patsies SUCK.
deanotito wrote:
That was just bad. He claims he didn’t see Musa but that’s hard to believe. The choice he made was so bad that it’s almost as if he hated Musa. Scoring from that angle is next to impossible


There is no way in hell he didn’t see him. If he didn’t see him - that’s even more reason to bench him, because he obviously needs glasses.

_________________
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7809
muzines wrote:
I just saw the highlights of the game and one moment stuck out to me. In the first half, we had a break away with Ighalo and Musa. All Ighalo had to do was pass to Musa for a wide open net and he chose to shoot into the side netting. What the hell was that? I think he needs to be benched again due to that one error, because that was a guaranteed goal.

This type of selfishness is like a cancer that can screw up the team, and that should not be allowed.



Musa also set him up brilliantly in the first half, but he fluffed his lines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7809
truetalk wrote:
Osimhen should be in the mix.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.



Osimhen is the Super Eagles joker. At some point in this tournament, he will come off the bench and make the difference.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 80506
Location: Earth
Ighalo should be benched vs the Cartoon nation

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:26 am
Posts: 463
Ighalo is adequate. Nothing more, nothing less. He has some really good attributes (with some detriments), and Nigeria can certainly win the AFCON with him. I don't really see it at all with Onuachu. there are benefits to having someone with his physical gifts, but I just don't think he is very talented.

We really need Oshimen to fulfill his potential and Iheanacho to wake up from the dead. The strikers are the weakest part of a fairly strong squad at this point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:54 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 7457
olumide wrote:
Ighalo is adequate. Nothing more, nothing less. He has some really good attributes (with some detriments), and Nigeria can certainly win the AFCON with him. I don't really see it at all with Onuachu. there are benefits to having someone with his physical gifts, but I just don't think he is very talented.

We really need Oshimen to fulfill his potential and Iheanacho to wake up from the dead. The strikers are the weakest part of a fairly strong squad at this point.


Have you seen the Goalkeeper? :shock: :shock: :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 42087
Location: Pennsylvania
vancity eagle wrote:
that was shocking from Ighalo.

Bench him ?

hmm. Even in the few minutes Onuachu was on the pitch he displayed his poor lack of first touch.


I agree. Ighalo is still our best striker by a mile even with his stupidity today. At least until Osimehn fulfills his potential.

_________________
Image


Last edited by green4life on Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:57 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 59512
Yeah that should have been a goal. Ighalo selfishness cost us a goal there.
I hope Rohr reads him the riot act.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:01 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 46583
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
muzines wrote:
I just saw the highlights of the game and one moment stuck out to me. In the first half, we had a break away with Ighalo and Musa. All Ighalo had to do was pass to Musa for a wide open net and he chose to shoot into the side netting. What the hell was that? I think he needs to be benched again due to that one error, because that was a guaranteed goal.

This type of selfishness is like a cancer that can screw up the team, and that should not be allowed.


Yes, that was bad. But he did have a good game. Dude troubled the heck out of the 2 Guinean central defenders so much so both picked up cards defending him.

His hold up play is second to none. Strong on the ball and with one of the best first touches in traffic of any of our strikers.

He also worked his socks off.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:03 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 46583
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
truetalk wrote:
Osimhen should be in the mix.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.


Hope Osimhen gets to start against a team we don't need the match to top our group. Problem go dey if he scores multiple goals...

But Ighalo is still our best striker as a lone striker. You have to appreciate the work he puts in. Very very strong on the ball and his runs are a beauty to behold.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 34148
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
green4life wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
that was shocking from Ighalo.

Bench him ?

hmm. Even in the few minutes Onuachu was on the pitch he displayed his poor lack of first touch.


I agree. Ighalo is still our best striker by a mile even with his stupidity today. At least until Osimehn fulfills his potential.

He has to play before he can fulfill it. Thankfully having qualified and looking all but sure to top the group, it might give Rohr the confidence to try him (and Onyekuru,, and Ezenwa) against Madagascar.

That said, I disagree that Ighalo is our best striker. He's out best targetman when mixing it up with physical defenders, and he is the best at playing with his back to goal and holding up play, however Osimhen is more clinical, and versatile. Heck even Musa when played up front, is more clinical than Ighalo who doesn't even pack a punch in his shots.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 22158
Location: Ukwuani
muzines wrote:
I just saw the highlights of the game and one moment stuck out to me. In the first half, we had a break away with Ighalo and Musa. All Ighalo had to do was pass to Musa for a wide open net and he chose to shoot into the side netting. What the hell was that? I think he needs to be benched again due to that one error, because that was a guaranteed goal.

This type of selfishness is like a cancer that can screw up the team, and that should not be allowed.

Certainly, Ighalo was selfish or very stupid in that moment. Had he crossed the ball, we probably would have scored a goal. I hope he will watch the game and make correction(s).

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 42087
Location: Pennsylvania
theYemster wrote:
green4life wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
that was shocking from Ighalo.

Bench him ?

hmm. Even in the few minutes Onuachu was on the pitch he displayed his poor lack of first touch.


I agree. Ighalo is still our best striker by a mile even with his stupidity today. At least until Osimehn fulfills his potential.

He has to play before he can fulfill it. Thankfully having qualified and looking all but sure to top the group, it might give Rohr the confidence to try him (and Onyekuru,, and Ezenwa) against Madagascar.

That said, I disagree that Ighalo is our best striker. He's out best targetman when mixing it up with physical defenders, and he is the best at playing with his back to goal and holding up play, however Osimhen is more clinical, and versatile. Heck even Musa when played up front, is more clinical than Ighalo who doesn't even pack a punch in his shots.


I could’ve sworn that Ighalo scored a bundle of goals that qualified us for this ANC. Scoring is more important than the ferocity of the shot. That said, Ighalo reminds me of Giroud in that his goals are almost a bonus as the expectation is primarily on his overall play upfront with respect to bringing others in play and creating spaces for midfielders to exploit either through passing or shooting through his movement, workrate and holdup play. He will chip in with goals but that’s a small piece of what he does compared to the comprehensive view.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 44994
Cellular wrote:
muzines wrote:
I just saw the highlights of the game and one moment stuck out to me. In the first half, we had a break away with Ighalo and Musa. All Ighalo had to do was pass to Musa for a wide open net and he chose to shoot into the side netting. What the hell was that? I think he needs to be benched again due to that one error, because that was a guaranteed goal.

This type of selfishness is like a cancer that can screw up the team, and that should not be allowed.


Yes, that was bad. But he did have a good game. Dude troubled the heck out of the 2 Guinean central defenders so much so both picked up cards defending him.

His hold up play is second to none. Strong on the ball and with one of the best first touches in traffic of any of our strikers.

He also worked his socks off.


Uncle, what exactly is this hold up play? I didnt see no gaddem hold up play.

Btw, I don't have any problem with his decision to take that shot if he thought he had an opening to shoot at. Just because Musa seemed wide open on TV replay doesn't mean he appeared so to Ighalo in real time. And it doesnt mean the ball would have gotten to Musa without either of the Guinea defender intercepting it. Afterall, he did drop similar pas to Musa and he scuffed it.

BTW, they didnt get the yellow because of how he was troubling them. They got it because they fouled him hard! He didnt have a good game today, period.

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ighalo
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:43 pm
Posts: 5328
muzines wrote:
I just saw the highlights of the game and one moment stuck out to me. In the first half, we had a break away with Ighalo and Musa. All Ighalo had to do was pass to Musa for a wide open net and he chose to shoot into the side netting. What the hell was that? I think he needs to be benched again due to that one error, because that was a guaranteed goal.

This type of selfishness is like a cancer that can screw up the team, and that should not be allowed.


TWO REASONS IGHALO MAY NOT HAVE PASSED (AS I SAW IT)


1) With Guinean defenders swarming the box, a pass to Musa may have been intercepted.
2) Go back to the tape: a pass to Musa could have resulted in an offside infraction.
Bell

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chif456 and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group