Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:51 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:53 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 62512
We have to take a look at the substitutes. I am not impressed with the team performance so far despite getting 6 points from 2 games. Players on yellow cards should be rested. Looks like we are stuck with Akpeyi now, I don't like it, but no other options now. We have to put a solid defense in front of him to protect him.


---------------------------------------------------Akpeyi------------------------------------------------------------------------------


-----Aina------------------------Ekong----------------------Omeruo-----------------------------------Collins------------------------



------------------------Mikel----------------------Iwobi----------------------Ndidi----------------------------------------


------------Chukwuze--------------------------------Osimhen---------------------Onyekuru------------------------------------


Ighalo and Kalu can come in as subs. Musa,and Etebo are on a yellow card.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 47972
Initially I thought we should do whole sale change on the team to give others the chance since we already qualified for the second round, but on second thought I think we should use the game to build chemistry.

I would maintain the same starting line up as today except those with yellow card, and replace Musa and Ighalo with Osimhen and Onyekuru to see what they can do.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2734
Location: U.S
ohenhen1 wrote:
We have to take a look at the substitutes. I am not impressed with the team performance so far despite getting 6 points from 2 games. Players on yellow cards should be rested. Looks like we are stuck with Akpeyi now, I don't like it, but no other options now. We have to put a solid defense in front of him to protect him.


---------------------------------------------------Akpeyi------------------------------------------------------------------------------


-----Aina------------------------Ekong----------------------Omeruo-----------------------------------Collins------------------------



------------------------Mikel----------------------Iwobi----------------------Ndidi----------------------------------------


------------Chukwuze--------------------------------Osimhen---------------------Onyekuru------------------------------------


Ighalo and Kalu can come in as subs. Musa,and Etebo are on a yellow card.




Ndidi should be rested, what is ogu doing there on the bench as a cheerleader, time for him to play.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 22854
Location: Ukwuani
1naija wrote:
Initially I thought we should do whole sale change on the team to give others the chance since we already qualified for the second round, but on second thought I think we should use the game to build chemistry.

I would maintain the same starting line up as today except those with yellow card, and replace Musa and Ighalo with Osimhen and Onyekuru to see what they can do.

:agree: :agree:, but others need to play so they can show us what they have. It might be a good thing in the end because it provides us the opportunity to rest our men, especially those who fell sick earlier. In all, coach Rohr is in charge and he knows what to do.

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 am
Posts: 4652
ohenhen1 wrote:
We have to take a look at the substitutes. I am not impressed with the team performance so far despite getting 6 points from 2 games. Players on yellow cards should be rested. Looks like we are stuck with Akpeyi now, I don't like it, but no other options now. We have to put a solid defense in front of him to protect him.


---------------------------------------------------Akpeyi------------------------------------------------------------------------------


-----Aina------------------------Ekong----------------------Omeruo-----------------------------------Collins------------------------



------------------------Mikel----------------------Iwobi----------------------Ndidi----------------------------------------


------------Chukwuze--------------------------------Osimhen---------------------Onyekuru------------------------------------


Ighalo and Kalu can come in as subs. Musa,and Etebo are on a yellow card.


They need to rest some key players like Ndidi and bring in Kalu, Chukweze and Onyekuru.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 50100
...too much resting (even if na for one match) creates complacency. Allow continuity unless safe for injury risk.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 1121
We must play our best team because we haven't played to our true potential and we haven't won our group.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 47972
Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
Initially I thought we should do whole sale change on the team to give others the chance since we already qualified for the second round, but on second thought I think we should use the game to build chemistry.

I would maintain the same starting line up as today except those with yellow card, and replace Musa and Ighalo with Osimhen and Onyekuru to see what they can do.

:agree: :agree:, but others need to play so they can show us what they have. It might be a good thing in the end because it provides us the opportunity to rest our men, especially those who fell sick earlier. In all, coach Rohr is in charge and he knows what to do.


You dont use a tournament to have players show you what they have.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:43 pm
Posts: 5730
1naija wrote:
Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
Initially I thought we should do whole sale change on the team to give others the chance since we already qualified for the second round, but on second thought I think we should use the game to build chemistry.

I would maintain the same starting line up as today except those with yellow card, and replace Musa and Ighalo with Osimhen and Onyekuru to see what they can do.

:agree: :agree:, but others need to play so they can show us what they have. It might be a good thing in the end because it provides us the opportunity to rest our men, especially those who fell sick earlier. In all, coach Rohr is in charge and he knows what to do.


You dont use a tournament to have players show you what they have.


TEAM COHESION IS GREAT, BUT...


…I'd put the health of important first team players above that.
Bell

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7888
The most important thing is for us to rest our yellow carded players. Thus Mikel comes in for Etebo and Onyekuru for Musa. Then we need to get Jamilu Collins in at Left Back (if he's returned to full fitness) which means that Aina reverts to Right Back. I suspect that Rohr will look to get Samuel Kalu some playing time as well. He likely starts, with Chukwueze coming on in the 2nd half.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2734
Location: U.S
mystic wrote:
The most important thing is for us to rest our yellow carded players. Thus Mikel comes in for Etebo and Onyekuru for Musa. Then we need to get Jamilu Collins in at Left Back (if he's returned to full fitness) which means that Aina reverts to Right Back. I suspect that Rohr will look to get Samuel Kalu some playing time as well. He likely starts, with Chukwueze coming on in the 2nd half.



The return of :thumbs: Samuel kalu to the left wing and :thumbs: chukwueze on the right, With any decent striker ighalo/onuachu/osimhen and the SE is winning the nations cup. I just hope daft rohr is not stuck on stupid and really believing Moses Simon deserves to start for SE.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 8051
Nigeria is potentially looking at a 7 match tournament (2 down, 5 to go).
Thus, it is imparative that the squad utilizes its depth - meaning all available reasources are ready to be deployed without skipping a beat. Good thing about this squad is that they seem to be deep in personnel.

The likes of Ndidi, Etebo, Omeruo, Ola Aina have played 2 full games and should be rested. Excluding Akpeyi, as he needs game time to build his confidence.
Players like Balogun, Troost, Chukwueze, Mikel, Simon, Awaziem, Onuachu Musa and Iwobi have played 1+ games so far.
Onyekuru, Kalu, Osimhen, Collins and Ogu are yet to feature or touch the ball.

That being said, Nigeria can confidently field the following and take care of business against the Madagascans on Sunday, without necessarily breaking a sweat:

4-3-3: Akpeyi - Awaziem, Balogun, Troost-Ekong, Collins - Mikel, Iwobi, Ogu - Simon/Kalu, Chukwueze/Onyekuru, Osimhen/Onuachu.
3-5-2: Akpeyi - Awaziem, Balogun, Troost-Ekong - Simon/Kalu, Iwobi, Mikel, Ogu, Collins - Onuachu/Osimhen, Musa/Onyekuru

Rohr has the luxury of playing a relatively fresh squad against Madagascar without the SE skipping a beat. This team has more than enough depth to pickup all three points in this match.
Key thing is: player management. Hopefully, Rohr fully understands the need to keep the players fresh!.

mystic wrote:
The most important thing is for us to rest our yellow carded players. Thus Mikel comes in for Etebo and Onyekuru for Musa. Then we need to get Jamilu Collins in at Left Back (if he's returned to full fitness) which means that Aina reverts to Right Back. I suspect that Rohr will look to get Samuel Kalu some playing time as well. He likely starts, with Chukwueze coming on in the 2nd half.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 47972
Otitokoro wrote:

That being said, Nigeria can confidently field the following and take care of business against the Madagascans on Sunday, without necessarily breaking a sweat:



What's the basis of this statement? You must have not watched the Madagascar vs Guinea game . They are as good as Guinea. Unless you are suggesting we did not break a sweat against Guinea.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 12599
9jaMan wrote:
mystic wrote:
The most important thing is for us to rest our yellow carded players. Thus Mikel comes in for Etebo and Onyekuru for Musa. Then we need to get Jamilu Collins in at Left Back (if he's returned to full fitness) which means that Aina reverts to Right Back. I suspect that Rohr will look to get Samuel Kalu some playing time as well. He likely starts, with Chukwueze coming on in the 2nd half.



The return of :thumbs: Samuel kalu to the left wing and :thumbs: chukwueze on the right, With any decent striker ighalo/onuachu/osimhen and the SE is winning the nations cup. I just hope daft rohr is not stuck on stupid and really believing Moses Simon deserves to start for SE.



:rotf: :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14558
Location: South London
Madagascar will still have something to play for as 3 teams can potentially qualify so I wouldn’t change too much but obviously anyone on a card should be rested and I totally agree those that feel sick earlier may need a rest along with anyone carrying a knock or injury so I looks like nature will pick the team as there a lot of reasons to try some new faces!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 22854
Location: Ukwuani
Bell wrote:
1naija wrote:
Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
Initially I thought we should do whole sale change on the team to give others the chance since we already qualified for the second round, but on second thought I think we should use the game to build chemistry.

I would maintain the same starting line up as today except those with yellow card, and replace Musa and Ighalo with Osimhen and Onyekuru to see what they can do.

:agree: :agree:, but others need to play so they can show us what they have. It might be a good thing in the end because it provides us the opportunity to rest our men, especially those who fell sick earlier. In all, coach Rohr is in charge and he knows what to do.


You dont use a tournament to have players show you what they have.


TEAM COHESION IS GREAT, BUT...

I'd put the health of important first team players above that.
Bell

Thank you! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Posts: 2633
My problem with Madagascar.....is that Rohr play

Akpeyi

Omeruo....Balogun....Ekong.....Aina

Ogu.....Mikel

....Iwobi

Samu....Oshimen....Onyekuru

And we hammer them then the next game....Ogu starts instead of Ndidi or he plays Collins on the left and then Collins retains his place.

Aina is not a great RWB/RB but is a great LWB....

We will lose a lot if he is moved to accommodate Collins or to cover the RB position

_________________
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18213
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Synopsis wrote:
We must play our best team because we haven't played to our true potential and we haven't won our group.


To an extent but I certainly will understand the benching of players who are on yellow cards. You do not want to lose them when the second phase of the tournament begins (unless the tournament rule expunges all yellow cards when going into the next phase). It will be foolhardy to do so.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 3:11 pm
Posts: 2424
mystic wrote:
The most important thing is for us to rest our yellow carded players. Thus Mikel comes in for Etebo and Onyekuru for Musa. Then we need to get Jamilu Collins in at Left Back (if he's returned to full fitness) which means that Aina reverts to Right Back. I suspect that Rohr will look to get Samuel Kalu some playing time as well. He likely starts, with Chukwueze coming on in the 2nd half.


On the mark


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54671
Location: United Kingdom
From what I have seen, Madagascar appears to be the strongest team in our group. They are taking Burundi to the cleaners!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 87277
Location: Earth
the tournament is one whole month
what's this about resting players

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:29 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 38329
Location: Eagles' Nest
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
From what I have seen, Madagascar appears to be the strongest team in our group. They are taking Burundi to the cleaners!

They are? I am not watching but isn't the game 0-0 at halftime? :?

_________________
Image
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Against Madagascar
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3320
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
From what I have seen, Madagascar appears to be the strongest team in our group. They are taking Burundi to the cleaners!

See logic :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group