2019 AFCON final bracket

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Synopsis
Egg
Egg
2019 AFCON final bracket

Post by Synopsis »

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: 2019 AFCON final bracket

Post by Tobi17 »

Synopsis wrote:Image
Kai even if we manage beat Cameroon, we will most likely have Egypt waiting for us :scared:, now I see why we really fuccked up by losing to Madagascar, we could have dodged the big teams... only Nigeria can have it so damn easy, yet make it look needlessly hard. God help us but I'm seriously worried about our chances now.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

It dosent matter. In order to be the best, you have to beat the best. At the end of the day, it’s only going to be 1 winner
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

If not Egypt, it will be Morocco or Senegal. When you get to the last 8, its nothing but the best. You can't expect to win a trophy any other way.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I was wrong o! It would have been Ghana or Tunisia! Chei!! We really mess up.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

We are already in HOT Pepper-soup as it is, but anything can happen. Let's keep our fingers crossed and see what happens.

Whatever we do, let's not OVER-LOOK the immediate work at hand and that is 'Cameroon.' Denmark shouldn't repeat itself.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote:We are already in HOT Pepper-soup as it is, but anything can happen. Let's keep our fingers crossed and see what happens.
Whatever we do, let's not OVER-LOOK the immediate work at hand and that is 'Cameroon.' Denmark shouldn't repeat itself.
Right Reverend Odas,

HOT Pepper-soup is the best, so u are in a good place.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Watch DR Congo eat that Madagascar team for lunch. DR. Will go far.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You all should calm down! I doubt Cameroon and Egypt throwing parties at the prospect of meeting Nigeria. I maintain, we have the best team in this tournament. We just need to eliminate mistakes and not even Egypt can beat us!!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

What makes mugus think Egypt will beat us? Is the players on the field or the fans in the stands? :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

We aren't winning this, also the 24 team format is bullshit.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

1naija wrote:You all should calm down! I doubt Cameroon and Egypt throwing parties at the prospect of meeting Nigeria. I maintain, we have the best team in this tournament. We just need to eliminate mistakes and not even Egypt can beat us!!
The problem is you are hoping against all hope. This team is getting worse with every game, but we can hope they show something special on Saturday.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

If we overcome the odds by the doubters and win this tourney, the naysayers will crowd this space.
They will obnoxiously open threads to celebrate the insignificant and that which never occurred, and
claim they knew it all along.
Go Super Eagles!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Team can spring a few surprises but they will have to work for it as they are not a scoring machine.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Robotnik wrote:
1naija wrote:You all should calm down! I doubt Cameroon and Egypt throwing parties at the prospect of meeting Nigeria. I maintain, we have the best team in this tournament. We just need to eliminate mistakes and not even Egypt can beat us!!
The problem is you are hoping against all hope. This team is getting worse with every game, but we can hope they show something special on Saturday.
Why do you think Cameroon or Egypt are better than us? Is it because of their spectacular performance in this tournament? Do they have better quality players at every position than we do? What exactly is the basis of your conclusion? We have better midfield and defence than both teams. Our only problem so far has been scoring. But neither Cameroon nor Egypt has set the tournament on fire either. The only way we lose either game is if we make silly mistakes like we did against Madagascar. This is not hoping against hope, this is the reality!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Mali has been impressive to me; I think they will go far. SE, on the other hand, do not have enough thrust to pressurize opposing defenses. We barely shoot on target, very frustrating to watch.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Goalgetter wrote:Watch DR Congo eat that Madagascar team for lunch. DR. Will go far.
I won't be surprised if your prediction turns out correct. Teams play EXCEPTIONALLY harder and very well when playing against Nigeria, but opens their nyash when playing other opponents
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

joao wrote:If we overcome the odds by the doubters and win this tourney, the naysayers will crowd this space.
They will obnoxiously open threads to celebrate the insignificant and that which never occurred, and
Go Super Eagles!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bigpokey24 - will be one of them
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

The SE players need to take it up a notch. I was pretty confident prior to the Madagascar result (I know one result shouldn't completely alter ones views). It wasn't even about the result, the 2-0 win flattered Madagascar. 7/10 times that performance would have led to a 0-0 game. The major concern I have is Rohr's tactical approach, unbelievable how he set the team up in that game. He needs to do much better if we are to have serious challenge. I don't think the SE should be scared of any team.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

joao wrote:If we overcome the odds by the doubters and win this tourney, the naysayers will crowd this space.
Go Super Eagles!!!
i will tell you this the SE won't beat Cameroon . The team isn't good. They cannot score. All the other 15 teams left, I doubt the SE can even defeat any of them( we are fundamentally poor when it comes to attacking in the final 3rd.. ) don't yall notice the similarities between this team and the AFCON 2008 squad?. They both cannot score, they both were handled by German managers. lost 1-0 to CIV, tied Mali and scraped a win vs Benin... and lost to 10 men ghana..... you people are just using your feelings and confused emotions.

we do not need rohr or betty coaching the SE..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

okuns wrote:Mali has been impressive to me; I think they will go far. SE, on the other hand, do not have enough thrust to pressurize opposing defenses. We barely shoot on target, very frustrating to watch.
Isn't it crazy how few shots our strikers have in a game, talk less of shots on target...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Go Super Eagles!!!
i will tell you this the SE won't beat Cameroon . The team isn't good. They cannot score. All the other 15 teams left, I doubt the SE can even defeat any of them( we are fundamentally poor when it comes to attacking in the final 3rd.. ) don't yall notice the similarities between this team and the AFCON 2008 squad?. They both cannot score, they both were handled by German managers. lost 1-0 to CIV, tied Mali and scraped a win vs Benin... and lost to 10 men ghana..... you people are just using your feelings and confused emotions.

we do not need rohr or betty coaching the SE..
That had to be the most depressing team, I had ever watched. I don't think this squad is that bad. I agree with you, I wouldn't be shocked if Nigeria are knocked out by Cameroon this Saturday but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the final (scraping each game).
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Whatever you are smoking cannot be legal.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!