Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Ighalo Stats
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:51 pm 

1 shot (0 on target), 7 fouls, dispossessed 4 times and 6 bad first touches vs Madagascar

1 shot (0 on target), 1 foul, dispossessed 0 times and 5 bad first touches vs Guinea

Source:whoscored.com

Madness: Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results

awamaridi ni!

Post subject: Re: Ighalo Stats
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:53 pm 

Meanwhile we have Onyekuru and Osimhen still wasting away on the bench... God dey sha.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:58 pm 

Tobi17 wrote:
Meanwhile we have Onyekuru and Osimhen still wasting away on the bench... God dey sha.

The daft clowns on CE say they have seen onyekuru play and are not sure Onyekuru that scores for fun in Europe can score against Mighty Madagascar.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:44 pm 

Mugus are having a convention :laugh:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:47 pm 

Tobi17 wrote:

I hear they are misbehaving in camp.

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:05 pm 

niyi wrote:
1 shot (0 on target), 7 fouls, dispossessed 4 times and 6 bad first touches vs Madagascar

1 shot (0 on target), 1 foul, dispossessed 0 times and 5 bad first touches vs Guinea

Madness: Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results

I mentioned this on another post, for some strange reason he always positions himself side by side to the two central defenders and tries to control every single ball! committing lots of fouls in the process.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:15 pm 

gochino wrote:
niyi wrote:

I mentioned this on another post, for some strange reason he always positions himself side by side to the two central defenders and tries to control every single ball! committing lots of fouls in the process.

He needs to learn from Jordan Ayew how to play the No 9 role, but then that's too much to expect from a 30 year old player playing in China... the likes of Awoniyi and Ihenacho need to start getting serious, cause we have a crisis.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:10 pm 

That heavy first touch eh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:13 pm 

Sir V wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

I hear they are misbehaving in camp.

That's the new conspiracy created by the coward and limited coach :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:54 am 

Tobi17 wrote:
gochino wrote:
niyi wrote:

He needs to learn from Jordan Ayew how to play the No 9 role, but then that's too much to expect from a 30 year old player playing in China... the likes of Awoniyi and Ihenacho need to start getting serious, cause we have a crisis.

Ighalo is too set in his ways to change, the management has to recognise that and start planning for the future after the Nations Cup. We need more flexible and mobile options for the attack.
Wonder why Awoniyi hasn't gotten a look in so far, he did fairly well last season.
Iheanacho has talent but has derailed, hopefully there's still a way back for him. Needs to improve drastically on his all-round game as well as up his work-rate in general though, no room in modern football for luxury footballers no matter how skillful.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:23 am 

Tobi17 wrote:
gochino wrote:
niyi wrote:

There should be newer and hungrier strikers in the near future, if we wait on Iheanacho to fix up then there’s something wrong with the way Nigeria (Africa’s most populated nation) is doing things!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:43 am 

Ighalo is playing near to his capacity, I can't fault his effort really. It's up to the other forwards to assert themselves and grab the starting spot. This is a position that over the years has seen the most amount of chopping and changing. The fact that no one has come close to displacing him over the last 3 years says a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:47 am 

Ighalo no be am

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:11 pm 

Zelex wrote:
Ighalo is playing near to his capacity, I can't fault his effort really. It's up to the other forwards to assert themselves and grab the starting spot. This is a position that over the years has seen the most amount of chopping and changing. The fact that no one has come close to displacing him over the last 3 years says a lot.

How many opportunities has Ighalo had and how have other strikers in that same position had???

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:10 pm 

9jaMan wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

The daft clowns on CE say they have seen onyekuru play and are not sure Onyekuru that scores for fun in Europe can score against Mighty Madagascar.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:11 pm 

gochino wrote:
Zelex wrote:

How many opportunities has Ighalo had and how have other strikers in that same position had???

As a striker when you play for the SE, you have to grab any little chance you have. You have to earn that opportunity, being a forward in the SE is brutal. Ighalo is no different, if I remember correctly, he was rightly dropped from the squad during 2016 as he wasn't performing to the standard required. That being said he has shown character and forced himself back into the squad since (he now has a record of 30 caps, 12 goals). One thing that gains him huge favour is his work ethic, constantly trying to make runs etc. I don't feel Ighalo is getting any preferential treatment. If there was genuinely an outright better option, he will be replaced. I'm not even a fan of Ighalo but if players such as Success, Iheanacho etc had half his determination, then Ighalo probably wouldn't even smell the SE team.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:54 pm 

:D
That's now 14 goals for Ighalo in the SE. As I've said, one can't fault his effort and determination.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:55 pm 

Zelex wrote:
:D
That's now 14 goals for Ighalo in the SE. As I've said, one can't fault his effort and determination.

Can't argue against goals...

awamaridi ni!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:05 pm 

A strikers job is to score.Ighalo scores and he occupies defenders

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:07 pm 

Bottomline, bobo still no be am

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:01 pm 

His name is Bighalo abeg the boy is good, till he messes up then I go abuse am again lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:14 pm 

Thread Back fire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:00 pm 

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Bottomline, bobo still no be am

:agree: