Nigeria 3 (IghaloX2, Iwobi) vs 2 Cameroon FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 3 (IghaloX2, Iwobi) vs 2 Cameroon 2H

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Game over. Bring on South Africa :mrgreen: :!:

Cheers.
Well, looks like I got my wish. At this juncture, I’m going to go out on a limb and say we are the overwhelming favorites to win it all :!:

Cheers.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
txj wrote:For all the criticisms, merited for the most part, you have to credit Rohr for the win
Fair is fair. He gets the credit for being in charge but we didn’t win because of his tactics. I said in an earlier post that this team could have a lot of success because of the level of talent we have in the squad and it showed today. Credit individual hustle and brilliance for the win :!:

Cheers.
We didn't win because of his tactics but if we had lost it would have been because of the lack of tactics...well done sir...smdh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

txj wrote:For all the criticisms, merited for the most part, you have to credit Rohr for the win
Fair is fair. He gets the credit for being in charge but we didn’t win because of his tactics. I said in an earlier post that this team could have a lot of success because of the level of talent we have in the squad and it showed today. Credit individual hustle and brilliance for the win :!:

Cheers.
But if we lost it would be because of his tactics. :roll:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Synopsis wrote:

Cheers.
I know Rohr supporters would never admit it but we were well on way to losing the game before the lads stepped up. We were somewhat fortunate that VAR wasn’t in play today. Ighalo’s second goal could have gone either way with VAR in play :!:

Cheers.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Synopsis wrote:

Cheers.
I know Rohr supporters would never admit it but we were well on way to losing the game before the lads stepped up. We were somewhat fortunate that VAR wasn’t in play today. Ighalo’s second goal could have gone either way with VAR in play :!:

Cheers.
First of all you are not making any sense. I say that with all due respect. Secondly Ighalo second was so onside it wasn't even close. Go and see the sideline angle and you will see that the last Cameroonian defender kept him on. Again your initial point does not make sense what so ever. Go and read what you wrote again and try and make sense of it...

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Robbynice wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.
First of all you are not making any sense. I say that with all due respect. Secondly Ighalo second was so onside it wasn't even close. Go and see the sideline angle and you will see that the last Cameroonian defender kept him on. Again your initial point does not make sense what so ever. Go and read what you wrote again and try and make sense of it...
Its tony the pussu killer. nothing he has ever posted on this forum has ever made sense, and its today that you expect him to start? :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 3 (IghaloX2, Iwobi) vs 2 Cameroon FT

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote:
balo wrote:
COOKING SPOON wrote:Moses Simon was useless
The game ended like 4 hours ago.
Thats how useless Simon Moses is.

He has all the bad qualities of Musa but with zero positive attributes of Musa :rotf:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Cito wrote:But that Kunle guy is missing his calling... body building.

:rotf: :rotf:

What do they feed their players. OMG, did you see how they just overpowered kenneth and Aina?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 3(Ighalo) vs 2 Cameroon 1H

Post by ANC »

Mister Dolly wrote:Ekong Ekong Ekong...how da hell are you a defender!!!
:rotf:
I love this, reading through the thread without pressure. WHAT DID HE DO
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

COOKING SPOON wrote:Moses Simon was useless

How many times did you say this?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Synopsis wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.
......did the lads step down before, and why? Let me guess, you told them so you can blame the coach :laugh: :laugh:
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
With Cameroon and Egypt now out, Nigeria has a clear path to the trophy !! :mrgreen:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
zee wrote:This Onuachi is super uselessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Osihmn would have done better.

If it was for height reasons he has the height. and can leap too. Plus he is strong on the ball and more coordinated.

Oshimen must have really laid an egg so far :curse: :curse:
Siddonlook121,

After watching Onuachu today, I am convinced that we shall see Osimhen play in this tourney as a sub for Ighalo. Bet on it.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

kash n' karry wrote::evil: :twisted:
With Cameroon and Egypt now out, Nigeria has a clear path to the trophy !! :mrgreen:

:shock:
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

SA will be a tough but to crack, that goal was well engineered... I thought when Lorch interchanged with the player behind him that he would receive it, but the ball was lobbed to the wing and that took out 3 midfielders... And the SAs passing in small spaces are something to behold. Truthfully, Egypt didn’t deserve to win. They could have chopped at least three in the first half alone.

It’s gonna be a good game.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

COOKING SPOON wrote:Moses Simon is the latest version of Pius Ikedia
OK, I get that you don’t like Pius but please, don’t insult him :mad: :!:

Cheers.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

ANC wrote:
Cito wrote:But that Kunle guy is missing his calling... body building.

:rotf: :rotf:

What do they feed their players. OMG, did you see how they just overpowered kenneth and Aina?

Unripe plantain.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Robbynice wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.
You are a clown. We both know that respect was the last thing on your mind because you wouldn’t recognize it if you tripped over it. You are a disrespectful kind of guy so, stop being disingenuous. I am not the only one who thinks Ighalo was arguably offside. The official commentators thought so, as did several other posters here. You talk about viewing the sideline angle but we both know that you don’t have access to any angles that I don’t have access to or haven’t viewed so, give it a rest. Even Ighalo’s first goal was somewhat fortuitous because it was headed straight for the goalie before it was deflected. I’m glad we won but we were luckier than good :!:

Cheers.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Robbynice wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.
You are a clown. We both know that respect was the last thing on your mind because you wouldn’t recognize it if you tripped over it. You are a disrespectful kind of guy so, stop being disingenuous. I am not the only one who thinks Ighalo was arguably offside. The official commentators thought so, as did several other posters here. You talk about viewing the sideline angle but we both know that you don’t have access to any angles that I don’t have access to or haven’t viewed so, give it a rest. Even Ighalo’s first goal was somewhat fortuitous because it was headed straight for the goalie before it was deflected. I’m glad we won but we were luckier than good :!:

Cheers.
I just finished rewatching the game on BEIN TV and the official commentator said that Ighalo was onside. I don't know where you watched the game but it really doesn't matter. My point still stands, you didn't make any sense with your previous post and you are definitely not making sense with this one...frankly it is a damn shame...smh

Btw once you get over yourself you can click on the link below that will take you to the highlight. View Ighalo's second goal again from the angle I was talking about and you tell me if you still think it was off.

Some so called fans sha...smdh

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

ohsee wrote:
Orion wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Super Eagles we KNEW you would do it. No let's go get Egypt. :thumb:
My guy, Egypt? Bafana has boxed them out of the tourney. We meet Bafana! :thumbs:
I assumed it was a formality that Egypt would go through. :shock: The way they played, it seems Egypt also assumed it was a formality and got mugged 5 minutes to the end. South Africa was the better side but I'll take them over Egypt and that home crowd. :thumb:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Robbynice wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.
I just finished rewatching the game on BEIN TV and the official commentator said that Ighalo was onside. I don't know where you watched the game but it really doesn't matter. My point still stands, you didn't make any sense with your previous post and you are definitely not making sense with this one...frankly it is a damn shame...smh

Btw once you get over yourself you can click on the link below that will take you to the highlight. View Ighalo's second goal again from the angle I was talking about and you tell me if you still think it was off.

Some so called fans sha...smdh
Anyone that thinks that Ighalo goal was offside needs to get his football lenses cleaned properly, I thought it was close at first but upon reviewing the game, realized it wasn't even marginal(it would have been had the last Cameroonian player not kept him onside) ...good call from the ref.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Robbynice wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.
Uncle TTTK, with all due respect, the last time you got seriously involved in an "offside" debate, you were equally insistent that you were right. And then I presented convincing 'point-of-pass' still image evidence that proved you completely, totally, undeniably wrong and you were never seen on that thread again. :D

In this case, it is really close but no-one will blindly argue the offside position because even the VAR wouldn't help much and the rules rightly state that when in doubt give the advantage to the striker.

Look at their feet if nothing else. No-one in their right mind will say Ighalo's right foot is in a more advanced position than the Cameroonian defender's left foot.

So again, where is your 'offside' argument coming from? :blink:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

Moses Simon was useless
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night