NIGERIA NEEDS TO HIRE ANOTHER TRANSFORMATIVE COACH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
NIGERIA NEEDS TO HIRE ANOTHER TRANSFORMATIVE COACH

Post by JACKAL »

trans·form·a·tive
[tran(t)sˈfôrmədiv]

ADJECTIVE
causing a marked change in someone or something.
"the transformative power of technology
We have had a couple of them in our storied football history. I am talking about coaches who brought real change to the way we think of the game and what we think is possible.

Father Tiko was the first in my opinion: He defined our football in the 70's and showed us Possibilities of our football
Sebestian broodricks: Won the first U-17 championships in China which started our dominance at the Youth Level
Clemence Westerhoof: Introduced a powerful Nigerian Senior Eagles to the World and his oversized ego matched our aspirations.
Stephen Keshi: His chauvinist attitude told us home based and home grown can get the job done.

After Rohr is gone we really need to find a coach that can bring change that advances our footballing agenda. The next step is for us to win the world cup and perform at that level in a very consistent way. I really don't care where he is from, we just need to find someone who can transform our football by bringing new ideas, new attitude, and a new providence to our footballing fortunes
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA NEEDS TO HIRE ANOTHER TRANSFORMATIVE COACH

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The only way to get the transformation you need is to hug a transformer. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

The people who constantly bring up vancity giving up on the team in 2013 are the people making stupid posts and threads like this during this edition. Hypocrites :rotf:
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

JACKAL might be right that after Rohr, whenever that is, we need a coach that will improve on what we have.
But before we get carried away, Rohr's tenure added something to our football. That for me is order and discipline.
With Rohr's team, whether one agrees with his ideas or not, everything is predicated on structure, and how each
player fits his system.

For those advocating coaching change just for the sake of it, they should consider the fact that not every talent
would fit any system. Thus any new coach suggestion should be done with caution.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

It is too late now
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

JACKAL wrote:
trans·form·a·tive
[tran(t)sˈfôrmədiv]

ADJECTIVE
causing a marked change in someone or something.
"the transformative power of technology
We have had a couple of them in our storied football history. I am talking about coaches who brought real change to the way we think of the game and what we think is possible.

Father Tiko was the first in my opinion: He defined our football in the 70's and showed us Possibilities of our football
Sebestian broodricks: Won the first U-17 championships in China which started our dominance at the Youth Level
Clemence Westerhoof: Introduced a powerful Nigerian Senior Eagles to the World and his oversized ego matched our aspirations.
Stephen Keshi: His chauvinist attitude told us home based and home grown can get the job done.

After Rohr is gone we really need to find a coach that can bring change that advances our footballing agenda. The next step is for us to win the world cup and perform at that level in a very consistent way. I really don't care where he is from, we just need to find someone who can transform our football by bringing new ideas, new attitude, and a new providence to our footballing fortunes
Put your money where your mouth is. Donate some money towards hiring this transformative coach.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The only way to get the transformation you need is to hug a transformer. :thumb:
ID10T Kongi :rotf: :rotf:
Dem no teach you Ingilishi for that ya Ibadan sukuul?

The thing wey you talk no be Transformation, that one na TRANSITION - unless the bobo survive but look like charcoal, then that one na transformation
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Transformative requires the country transforming into a modern society and everything else will follow including our football
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The only way to get the transformation you need is to hug a transformer. :thumb:
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

marko wrote:Transformative requires the country transforming into a modern society and everything else will follow including our football
It’s 2019 and there are some people that still believes a magical coach will solve our problems.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
marko wrote:Transformative requires the country transforming into a modern society and everything else will follow including our football
It’s 2019 and there are some people that still believes a magical coach will solve our problems.
A real coach can make a difference but it is not a replacement for a root and branch transformative programme of change not just for football but for other sports as well.

Oh well, I have to snap out of my day dream.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
But Keshi :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: did that.
We didn't qualify for Afcon, He came, qualified and won it.

We never got to the 2nd rd of the WC since 1998...................the great MIC :clap: :clap: did it and that's with the wowo-lovers :curse: :curse: fighting him.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

AGREED

No coach will take Nigeria to the next level (that is, realistically competing for the WC) until Nigeria transforms the incubating environment. And, probably, since the NFF doesn't know this, the players are not to be found in Europe -Nigeria is where they're made.
Bell
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

joao wrote:JACKAL might be right that after Rohr, whenever that is, we need a coach that will improve on what we have.
But before we get carried away, Rohr's tenure added something to our football. That for me is order and discipline.
With Rohr's team, whether one agrees with his ideas or not, everything is predicated on structure, and how each
player fits his system.

For those advocating coaching change just for the sake of it, they should consider the fact that not every talent
would fit any system. Thus any new coach suggestion should be done with caution.
People keep trying to find the silver lining in Rohrs Tenure... I just don't see it.

Order and discipline ?? .. I see malaise and contentment. The man has never had it this good so to him its all looks very good to him. His reaction to the Madagascar Loss should tell you everything you need to know about Rohr. His reaction is that we shouldn't worry about the loss that at least we got into the 2nd round. We developed our reputation in soccer with a lot of hard work and by not losing to small sides like Madagascar. He just doesn't get it that this makes future sides start believing they can beat us. A lot of times the games are won even before a ball is kicked. Your reputation precedes you.

We need a younger hungrier coach who has a career ahead of him and something to prove.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

JACKAL wrote:
joao wrote:JACKAL might be right that after Rohr, whenever that is, we need a coach that will improve on what we have.
player fits his system.

People keep trying to find the silver lining in Rohrs Tenure... I just don't see it.

Order and discipline ?? .. I see malaise and contentment. The man has never had it this good so to him its all looks very good to him. His reaction to the Madagascar Loss should tell you everything you need to know about Rohr. His reaction is that we shouldn't worry about the loss that at least we got into the 2nd round. We developed our reputation in soccer with a lot of hard work and by not losing to small sides like Madagascar. He just doesn't get it that this makes future sides start believing they can beat us. A lot of times the games are won even before a ball is kicked. Your reputation precedes you.

We need a younger hungrier coach who has a career ahead of him and something to prove.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Rohr would not get a second tier team even hire him in his home country. The man is useless.
The easy part of managing a team is organising them not to move from position and do nothing
Then try and get a lucky goal. Luck soon run out on those 1 nil wins. His performance against a dead
Argentinian team showed him up. His subs are inspiring. This attitude of respecting a white man because
Of the colour of his skin is slave mentality. This is Nigeria we play attacking football. We are not Malawi or Lesotho. Win or lose Rohr should be excused from the position.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

soma wrote:Rohr would not get a second tier team even hire him in his home country. The man is useless.
The easy part of managing a team is organising them not to move from position and do nothing
Then try and get a lucky goal. Luck soon run out on those 1 nil wins. His performance against a dead
Argentinian team showed him up. His subs are inspiring. This attitude of respecting a white man because
Of the colour of his skin is slave mentality. This is Nigeria we play attacking football.
We are not Malawi or Lesotho. Win or lose Rohr should be excused from the position.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Rohr would not get a second tier team even hire him in his home country. The man is useless.
Of the colour of his skin is slave mentality. This is Nigeria we play attacking football. We are not Malawi or Lesotho. Win or lose Rohr should be excused from the position.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Bump
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?