Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2700
Location: U.S
airwolex wrote:
waka-man wrote:
There is so much fake news on this site. It’s almost as if Ghanaian spies have infiltrated the site to spread misinformation, Putin style.

Chukwueze was ok, but he had nothing to do with changing the game. Victory yesterday was down to Ighalo’s battling, Musa’s smarts (yes, smarts) and a moment of aggression from Iwobi.

There is obviously a campaign to discredit Moses Simon which this fake news is a part of. Truth is he had one of his better games and remains an important member of the team. He showed a lot more attacking qualities in this game, bearing in mind the work he had to do defensively. When he left, Awaziem was under even more pressure.

Chukwueze is one of the most important players to emerge for Nigeria in a long time but let’s not make up stories to make the point. He did ok yesterday in the time he had, but you can tell he has a lot to learn and Rohr is wise to use him tactically.


I can't believe the amount of misinformation on this site.

Musa is low iq...Ighalo is misses. I am watching the match again as we speak and those two guys won the game for us no doubt. Chukwueze had no influence on our comeback whatsoever. This is how we shoot ourselves in our foot. To think some people want to bench our two best attacking players and anoint this young man saviour. This is NOT the Spanish La Liga, this is the AFCON and sometimes you just need seasoned warriors. Chukwueze can stay coming from the bench! Even the much-maligned Moses did not do so badly.




It’s ok, you don’t know anything about soccer, all you know is who scored and who created the assist. Ask your self why we scored two quick goals as soon as chukwueze came in to the game. Why was the Cameroon tight defense suddenly open? Chukwueze attracts defenders to his feet because he is super deadly thus creating space for others. Did you see the pass he gave to ighalo for a one v one with the keeper? Why do I bother?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 24856
9jaMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:
waka-man wrote:
There is so much fake news on this site. It’s almost as if Ghanaian spies have infiltrated the site to spread misinformation, Putin style.

Chukwueze was ok, but he had nothing to do with changing the game. Victory yesterday was down to Ighalo’s battling, Musa’s smarts (yes, smarts) and a moment of aggression from Iwobi.

There is obviously a campaign to discredit Moses Simon which this fake news is a part of. Truth is he had one of his better games and remains an important member of the team. He showed a lot more attacking qualities in this game, bearing in mind the work he had to do defensively. When he left, Awaziem was under even more pressure.

Chukwueze is one of the most important players to emerge for Nigeria in a long time but let’s not make up stories to make the point. He did ok yesterday in the time he had, but you can tell he has a lot to learn and Rohr is wise to use him tactically.


I can't believe the amount of misinformation on this site.

Musa is low iq...Ighalo is misses. I am watching the match again as we speak and those two guys won the game for us no doubt. Chukwueze had no influence on our comeback whatsoever. This is how we shoot ourselves in our foot. To think some people want to bench our two best attacking players and anoint this young man saviour. This is NOT the Spanish La Liga, this is the AFCON and sometimes you just need seasoned warriors. Chukwueze can stay coming from the bench! Even the much-maligned Moses did not do so badly.




It’s ok, you don’t know anything about soccer, all you know is who scored and who created the assist. Ask your self why we scored two quick goals as soon as chukwueze came in to the game. Why was the Cameroon tight defense suddenly open? Chukwueze attracts defenders to his feet because he is super deadly thus creating space for others. Did you see the pass he gave to ighalo for a one v one with the keeper? Why do I bother?


Thanks for nailing it. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44184
Ahem. Was this due to some discernible shift in strategy that you can explain or is this something you think happened because the dangerous Chukwueze entered the field?

What about Musa, Omeruo, Iwobi and Ighalo who had a direct hand in all goals? Were these guys the difference too or were they less influential than the incomparable Chukwueze?

Walahi the nonsense and hyperbole I’ve read on this forum the past few days have been remarkable. Example Musa is brainless despite his assists and fine running, Ighalo is useless, Etebo should be benched for Mikel who has simply shown he doesn’t have the legs in this tourney, Simon should be benched by Chukwueze despite his solid work playing at RB in La Liga and finally Rohr is a stupid German who doesn’t know his best team.

I do think most of these crazy positions come from the passion of the fans here but it doesn’t make them any less ridiculous

9jaMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:
waka-man wrote:
There is so much fake news on this site. It’s almost as if Ghanaian spies have infiltrated the site to spread misinformation, Putin style.

Chukwueze was ok, but he had nothing to do with changing the game. Victory yesterday was down to Ighalo’s battling, Musa’s smarts (yes, smarts) and a moment of aggression from Iwobi.

There is obviously a campaign to discredit Moses Simon which this fake news is a part of. Truth is he had one of his better games and remains an important member of the team. He showed a lot more attacking qualities in this game, bearing in mind the work he had to do defensively. When he left, Awaziem was under even more pressure.

Chukwueze is one of the most important players to emerge for Nigeria in a long time but let’s not make up stories to make the point. He did ok yesterday in the time he had, but you can tell he has a lot to learn and Rohr is wise to use him tactically.


I can't believe the amount of misinformation on this site.

Musa is low iq...Ighalo is misses. I am watching the match again as we speak and those two guys won the game for us no doubt. Chukwueze had no influence on our comeback whatsoever. This is how we shoot ourselves in our foot. To think some people want to bench our two best attacking players and anoint this young man saviour. This is NOT the Spanish La Liga, this is the AFCON and sometimes you just need seasoned warriors. Chukwueze can stay coming from the bench! Even the much-maligned Moses did not do so badly.




It’s ok, you don’t know anything about soccer, all you know is who scored and who created the assist. Ask your self why we scored two quick goals as soon as chukwueze came in to the game. Why was the Cameroon tight defense suddenly open? Chukwueze attracts defenders to his feet because he is super deadly thus creating space for others. Did you see the pass he gave to ighalo for a one v one with the keeper? Why do I bother?

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13857
waka-man wrote:
There is so much fake news on this site. It’s almost as if Ghanaian spies have infiltrated the site to spread misinformation, Putin style.

Chukwueze was ok, but he had nothing to do with changing the game. Victory yesterday was down to Ighalo’s battling, Musa’s smarts (yes, smarts) and a moment of aggression from Iwobi.

There is obviously a campaign to discredit Moses Simon which this fake news is a part of. Truth is he had one of his better games and remains an important member of the team. He showed a lot more attacking qualities in this game, bearing in mind the work he had to do defensively. When he left, Awaziem was under even more pressure.

Chukwueze is one of the most important players to emerge for Nigeria in a long time but let’s not make up stories to make the point. He did ok yesterday in the time he had, but you can tell he has a lot to learn and Rohr is wise to use him tactically.


KPOM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13857
9jaMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:
waka-man wrote:
There is so much fake news on this site. It’s almost as if Ghanaian spies have infiltrated the site to spread misinformation, Putin style.

Chukwueze was ok, but he had nothing to do with changing the game. Victory yesterday was down to Ighalo’s battling, Musa’s smarts (yes, smarts) and a moment of aggression from Iwobi.

There is obviously a campaign to discredit Moses Simon which this fake news is a part of. Truth is he had one of his better games and remains an important member of the team. He showed a lot more attacking qualities in this game, bearing in mind the work he had to do defensively. When he left, Awaziem was under even more pressure.

Chukwueze is one of the most important players to emerge for Nigeria in a long time but let’s not make up stories to make the point. He did ok yesterday in the time he had, but you can tell he has a lot to learn and Rohr is wise to use him tactically.


This is true.

While Chukwueze may have had no direct contribution to those 2 goals, I saw plenty of Camerooninans trying to swarm him which undoubtedly created space for our other players.

I can't believe the amount of misinformation on this site.

Musa is low iq...Ighalo is misses. I am watching the match again as we speak and those two guys won the game for us no doubt. Chukwueze had no influence on our comeback whatsoever. This is how we shoot ourselves in our foot. To think some people want to bench our two best attacking players and anoint this young man saviour. This is NOT the Spanish La Liga, this is the AFCON and sometimes you just need seasoned warriors. Chukwueze can stay coming from the bench! Even the much-maligned Moses did not do so badly.




It’s ok, you don’t know anything about soccer, all you know is who scored and who created the assist. Ask your self why we scored two quick goals as soon as chukwueze came in to the game. Why was the Cameroon tight defense suddenly open? Chukwueze attracts defenders to his feet because he is super deadly thus creating space for others. Did you see the pass he gave to ighalo for a one v one with the keeper? Why do I bother?



This is true.

While Chukwueze may have had no direct contribution to those 2 goals, I saw plenty of Camerooninans trying to swarm him which undoubtedly created space for our other players.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38222
Location: Land of the Terrapins
YUJAM wrote:
Ahem. Was this due to some discernible shift in strategy that you can explain or is this something you think happened because the dangerous Chukwueze entered the field?

What about Musa, Omeruo, Iwobi and Ighalo who had a direct hand in all goals? Were these guys the difference too or were they less influential than the incomparable Chukwueze?

Walahi the nonsense and hyperbole I’ve read on this forum the past few days have been remarkable. Example Musa is brainless despite his assists and fine running, Ighalo is useless, Etebo should be benched for Mikel who has simply shown he doesn’t have the legs in this tourney, Simon should be benched by Chukwueze despite his solid work playing at RB in La Liga and finally Rohr is a stupid German who doesn’t know his best team.

I do think most of these crazy positions come from the passion of the fans here but it doesn’t make them any less ridiculous

9jaMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:
waka-man wrote:
There is so much fake news on this site. It’s almost as if Ghanaian spies have infiltrated the site to spread misinformation, Putin style.

Chukwueze was ok, but he had nothing to do with changing the game. Victory yesterday was down to Ighalo’s battling, Musa’s smarts (yes, smarts) and a moment of aggression from Iwobi.

There is obviously a campaign to discredit Moses Simon which this fake news is a part of. Truth is he had one of his better games and remains an important member of the team. He showed a lot more attacking qualities in this game, bearing in mind the work he had to do defensively. When he left, Awaziem was under even more pressure.

Chukwueze is one of the most important players to emerge for Nigeria in a long time but let’s not make up stories to make the point. He did ok yesterday in the time he had, but you can tell he has a lot to learn and Rohr is wise to use him tactically.


I can't believe the amount of misinformation on this site.

Musa is low iq...Ighalo is misses. I am watching the match again as we speak and those two guys won the game for us no doubt. Chukwueze had no influence on our comeback whatsoever. This is how we shoot ourselves in our foot. To think some people want to bench our two best attacking players and anoint this young man saviour. This is NOT the Spanish La Liga, this is the AFCON and sometimes you just need seasoned warriors. Chukwueze can stay coming from the bench! Even the much-maligned Moses did not do so badly.




It’s ok, you don’t know anything about soccer, all you know is who scored and who created the assist. Ask your self why we scored two quick goals as soon as chukwueze came in to the game. Why was the Cameroon tight defense suddenly open? Chukwueze attracts defenders to his feet because he is super deadly thus creating space for others. Did you see the pass he gave to ighalo for a one v one with the keeper? Why do I bother?


‘‘Tis the season for these yahoos even normally level headed forumers are losing it and getting extra emo cuz their favorite Mikel is not playing, even though it’s painfully clear he’s not better than those starting ahead of him.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 31712
Location: Your worst Nightmare
9jaMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:
waka-man wrote:
There is so much fake news on this site. It’s almost as if Ghanaian spies have infiltrated the site to spread misinformation, Putin style.

Chukwueze was ok, but he had nothing to do with changing the game. Victory yesterday was down to Ighalo’s battling, Musa’s smarts (yes, smarts) and a moment of aggression from Iwobi.

There is obviously a campaign to discredit Moses Simon which this fake news is a part of. Truth is he had one of his better games and remains an important member of the team. He showed a lot more attacking qualities in this game, bearing in mind the work he had to do defensively. When he left, Awaziem was under even more pressure.

Chukwueze is one of the most important players to emerge for Nigeria in a long time but let’s not make up stories to make the point. He did ok yesterday in the time he had, but you can tell he has a lot to learn and Rohr is wise to use him tactically.


I can't believe the amount of misinformation on this site.

Musa is low iq...Ighalo is misses. I am watching the match again as we speak and those two guys won the game for us no doubt. Chukwueze had no influence on our comeback whatsoever. This is how we shoot ourselves in our foot. To think some people want to bench our two best attacking players and anoint this young man saviour. This is NOT the Spanish La Liga, this is the AFCON and sometimes you just need seasoned warriors. Chukwueze can stay coming from the bench! Even the much-maligned Moses did not do so badly.




It’s ok, you don’t know anything about soccer, all you know is who scored and who created the assist. Ask your self why we scored two quick goals as soon as chukwueze came in to the game. Why was the Cameroon tight defense suddenly open? Chukwueze attracts defenders to his feet because he is super deadly thus creating space for others. Did you see the pass he gave to ighalo for a one v one with the keeper? Why do I bother?


Bros...you really needn't bother because you are making no sense.

Chukuweze started the first game and played a huge chunk of the game but Musa and Ighalo came in and made all the difference. Musa was way more dangerous than Chukwueze against Burundi and Ighalo scored.

In this game Ighalo scored twice and assisted, Musa assisted and had a huge hand in the third goal, yet it was Chukwueze's presence that mysteriously destabilized the Cameroonians....never mind that he came in when the game was stretched and everybody had been battling in a war of attrition for 65 odd minutes.

You are entitled to feel however you want but the facts are that our most important attacking players are Ighalo, Musa and Iwobi; Chukwueze, Kalu and Moses are all battling for bit parts and it's clear for anybody to see.

Chukwueze is an exciting option, but he has zero assist, zero goals, zero shots on target in this AFCON. Even Moses has had one assist and imho been solid in the role he has been asked to perform.

Stop the hyperbole and use logic instead of emotion.

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2700
Location: U.S
airwolex wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:
waka-man wrote:
There is so much fake news on this site. It’s almost as if Ghanaian spies have infiltrated the site to spread misinformation, Putin style.

Chukwueze was ok, but he had nothing to do with changing the game. Victory yesterday was down to Ighalo’s battling, Musa’s smarts (yes, smarts) and a moment of aggression from Iwobi.

There is obviously a campaign to discredit Moses Simon which this fake news is a part of. Truth is he had one of his better games and remains an important member of the team. He showed a lot more attacking qualities in this game, bearing in mind the work he had to do defensively. When he left, Awaziem was under even more pressure.

Chukwueze is one of the most important players to emerge for Nigeria in a long time but let’s not make up stories to make the point. He did ok yesterday in the time he had, but you can tell he has a lot to learn and Rohr is wise to use him tactically.


I can't believe the amount of misinformation on this site.

Musa is low iq...Ighalo is misses. I am watching the match again as we speak and those two guys won the game for us no doubt. Chukwueze had no influence on our comeback whatsoever. This is how we shoot ourselves in our foot. To think some people want to bench our two best attacking players and anoint this young man saviour. This is NOT the Spanish La Liga, this is the AFCON and sometimes you just need seasoned warriors. Chukwueze can stay coming from the bench! Even the much-maligned Moses did not do so badly.




It’s ok, you don’t know anything about soccer, all you know is who scored and who created the assist. Ask your self why we scored two quick goals as soon as chukwueze came in to the game. Why was the Cameroon tight defense suddenly open? Chukwueze attracts defenders to his feet because he is super deadly thus creating space for others. Did you see the pass he gave to ighalo for a one v one with the keeper? Why do I bother?


Bros...you really needn't bother because you are making no sense.

Chukuweze started the first game and played a huge chunk of the game but Musa and Ighalo came in and made all the difference. Musa was way more dangerous than Chukwueze against Burundi and Ighalo scored.

In this game Ighalo scored twice and assisted, Musa assisted and had a huge hand in the third goal, yet it was Chukwueze's presence that mysteriously destabilized the Cameroonians....never mind that he came in when the game was stretched and everybody had been battling in a war of attrition for 65 odd minutes.

You are entitled to feel however you want but the facts are that our most important attacking players are Ighalo, Musa and Iwobi; Chukwueze, Kalu and Moses are all battling for bit parts and it's clear for anybody to see.

Chukwueze is an exciting option, but he has zero assist, zero goals, zero shots on target in this AFCON. Even Moses has had one assist and imho been solid in the role he has been asked to perform.

Stop the hyperbole and use logic instead of emotion.





Some facts for you

60th minute Cameroon 2 vs Nigeria 1 ( Musa unable to break the cam defense)

61st minute “chukwueze” comes in for Simon

66th minute Cameroon 2 vs Nigeria 3 ( finally Musa has a role in both goals)


I don’t expect you to get it, enjoy :thumbs:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 24856
9jaMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:
waka-man wrote:
There is so much fake news on this site. It’s almost as if Ghanaian spies have infiltrated the site to spread misinformation, Putin style.

Chukwueze was ok, but he had nothing to do with changing the game. Victory yesterday was down to Ighalo’s battling, Musa’s smarts (yes, smarts) and a moment of aggression from Iwobi.

There is obviously a campaign to discredit Moses Simon which this fake news is a part of. Truth is he had one of his better games and remains an important member of the team. He showed a lot more attacking qualities in this game, bearing in mind the work he had to do defensively. When he left, Awaziem was under even more pressure.

Chukwueze is one of the most important players to emerge for Nigeria in a long time but let’s not make up stories to make the point. He did ok yesterday in the time he had, but you can tell he has a lot to learn and Rohr is wise to use him tactically.


I can't believe the amount of misinformation on this site.

Musa is low iq...Ighalo is misses. I am watching the match again as we speak and those two guys won the game for us no doubt. Chukwueze had no influence on our comeback whatsoever. This is how we shoot ourselves in our foot. To think some people want to bench our two best attacking players and anoint this young man saviour. This is NOT the Spanish La Liga, this is the AFCON and sometimes you just need seasoned warriors. Chukwueze can stay coming from the bench! Even the much-maligned Moses did not do so badly.




It’s ok, you don’t know anything about soccer, all you know is who scored and who created the assist. Ask your self why we scored two quick goals as soon as chukwueze came in to the game. Why was the Cameroon tight defense suddenly open? Chukwueze attracts defenders to his feet because he is super deadly thus creating space for others. Did you see the pass he gave to ighalo for a one v one with the keeper? Why do I bother?


Bros...you really needn't bother because you are making no sense.

Chukuweze started the first game and played a huge chunk of the game but Musa and Ighalo came in and made all the difference. Musa was way more dangerous than Chukwueze against Burundi and Ighalo scored.

In this game Ighalo scored twice and assisted, Musa assisted and had a huge hand in the third goal, yet it was Chukwueze's presence that mysteriously destabilized the Cameroonians....never mind that he came in when the game was stretched and everybody had been battling in a war of attrition for 65 odd minutes.

You are entitled to feel however you want but the facts are that our most important attacking players are Ighalo, Musa and Iwobi; Chukwueze, Kalu and Moses are all battling for bit parts and it's clear for anybody to see.

Chukwueze is an exciting option, but he has zero assist, zero goals, zero shots on target in this AFCON. Even Moses has had one assist and imho been solid in the role he has been asked to perform.

Stop the hyperbole and use logic instead of emotion.





Some facts for you

60th minute Cameroon 2 vs Nigeria 1 ( Musa unable to break the cam defense)

61st minute “chukwueze” comes in for Simon

66th minute Cameroon 2 vs Nigeria 3 ( finally Musa has a role in both goals)


I don’t expect you to get it, enjoy :thumbs:


:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs:
It's way over their heads...................too complex for their simple 'scorer and assist' analysis.

Way too complex for football...........simpletons. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 31712
Location: Your worst Nightmare
9jaMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:
waka-man wrote:
There is so much fake news on this site. It’s almost as if Ghanaian spies have infiltrated the site to spread misinformation, Putin style.

Chukwueze was ok, but he had nothing to do with changing the game. Victory yesterday was down to Ighalo’s battling, Musa’s smarts (yes, smarts) and a moment of aggression from Iwobi.

There is obviously a campaign to discredit Moses Simon which this fake news is a part of. Truth is he had one of his better games and remains an important member of the team. He showed a lot more attacking qualities in this game, bearing in mind the work he had to do defensively. When he left, Awaziem was under even more pressure.

Chukwueze is one of the most important players to emerge for Nigeria in a long time but let’s not make up stories to make the point. He did ok yesterday in the time he had, but you can tell he has a lot to learn and Rohr is wise to use him tactically.


I can't believe the amount of misinformation on this site.

Musa is low iq...Ighalo is misses. I am watching the match again as we speak and those two guys won the game for us no doubt. Chukwueze had no influence on our comeback whatsoever. This is how we shoot ourselves in our foot. To think some people want to bench our two best attacking players and anoint this young man saviour. This is NOT the Spanish La Liga, this is the AFCON and sometimes you just need seasoned warriors. Chukwueze can stay coming from the bench! Even the much-maligned Moses did not do so badly.




It’s ok, you don’t know anything about soccer, all you know is who scored and who created the assist. Ask your self why we scored two quick goals as soon as chukwueze came in to the game. Why was the Cameroon tight defense suddenly open? Chukwueze attracts defenders to his feet because he is super deadly thus creating space for others. Did you see the pass he gave to ighalo for a one v one with the keeper? Why do I bother?


Bros...you really needn't bother because you are making no sense.

Chukuweze started the first game and played a huge chunk of the game but Musa and Ighalo came in and made all the difference. Musa was way more dangerous than Chukwueze against Burundi and Ighalo scored.

In this game Ighalo scored twice and assisted, Musa assisted and had a huge hand in the third goal, yet it was Chukwueze's presence that mysteriously destabilized the Cameroonians....never mind that he came in when the game was stretched and everybody had been battling in a war of attrition for 65 odd minutes.

You are entitled to feel however you want but the facts are that our most important attacking players are Ighalo, Musa and Iwobi; Chukwueze, Kalu and Moses are all battling for bit parts and it's clear for anybody to see.

Chukwueze is an exciting option, but he has zero assist, zero goals, zero shots on target in this AFCON. Even Moses has had one assist and imho been solid in the role he has been asked to perform.

Stop the hyperbole and use logic instead of emotion.





Some facts for you

60th minute Cameroon 2 vs Nigeria 1 ( Musa unable to break the cam defense)

61st minute “chukwueze” comes in for Simon

66th minute Cameroon 2 vs Nigeria 3 ( finally Musa has a role in both goals)


I don’t expect you to get it, enjoy :thumbs:


Absolute hogwash. The guy played the first match and his presence caused absolute nothing until Musa and Ighalo came in. Anybody can come up with pseudo-intellectual bs to justify anything, but stats do not lie. He wasn't involved in any of the goals Nigeria has scored so far.

He is a great player, but nowhere near talismanic status. Funny thing is that as soon as he starts and Nigeria falters you emotional guys will tear him down. This is a perfect way for him to play his first AFCON.

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 24856
No be the great Zee :thumbs: :thumbs: write am oo...............

Quote:
Super Eagles Ratings: Chukwueze changed the Game, Ighalo Stole the Show

Image

Nigeria ended the aspirations of Clarence Seedorf to help Cameroon win a sixth African Nations Cup title following a dramatic 3-2 win over the holders on Saturday in a round of 16 clash at the Alexandria Stadium.

Both sides had finished as runners up in the respective groups and neither had scored more than two in the competition leading to Saturday’s encounter.
But, Cameroon had a slight advantage heading into the match-up as they were yet to concede a goal, while Nigeria lost their final group game to lowly ranked Madagascar.



A brace from Odion Ighalo and a match winner from Alex Iwobi secured a 3-2 win to send the Super Eagles through to the quarter-finals.



So, here’s is our rating of the 14 players who were giving minutes by Gernot Rohr against the Indomitable Lions.

Daniel Akpeyi: 6/10

The goalkeeper was breached twice in the game, although he had played 180 minutes without conceding. He was beaten in the near post and a second goal came from point blank range; there was little he could have done.



But, Akpeyi didn’t do enough to organize his defence and it saw the back four in disarray, switching off in the latter stages of the first half; when Cameroon scored their goals.



Kenneth Omeruo: 7/10

The Center Half was solid again in his performance, sweeping at the back even as he also covered for Ola Aina. He was beaten in an aerial challenge leading to Cameroon’s second goal and he was high up the pitch.



William Troost-Ekong: 6/10

He was ghosting in the game and didn’t really impose himself as the anchor in the heart of the Super Eagles defence.



Chidozie Awaziem: 6.5/10

The Right-back was busied by the Cameroon attack. Awaziem showed composure still and though he can be very casual momentarily; one of such moments producing the cross that lead to Cameroon’s leveler.



He also showed more of his knack to move up the pitch and was involved in Nigeria’s second goal, delivering an important cross inside the box for Ahmed Musa, who set up Odion Ighalo for his second of the game.



Ola Aina: 6.5/10

For the fourth game in the competition, Ola Aina has not looked out of place as a left-back. He was peppered and bamboozled by the more physical Cameroon players, but he held out.



Oghenekaro Etebo: 6.5/10

Few misplaced passes and even fewer upfield runs characterized his game on the day. He kept it simple, although the Nigerian midfield was quite leaky as Cameroon enjoyed spells, forcing the Eagles back into their defensive third.



Wilfred Ndidi: 6.5/10

He had an average performance by his standards, yet it was solid enough to help shore up as the partnership with Etebo scaled through the Cameroon hurdle by with a few skirmishes.



Alex Iwobi: 7/10

The 23 year-old was deployed as Creative midfielder; a test-drive that yet didn’t prove entirely successful, but a porous Cameroon defence and over ambitious midfield allowed him space and he punished them.



Iwobi scored his first goal for Nigeria in a competitive fixture since 2017 and his first goal since the Europa League final; the winner this time.



Ahmed Musa: 6/10

Poor decision making in the final third, poor passes and very little contribution in his defensive duties, but Musa made up for the lot as he provided a fine assist; selfless thing, to Ighalo for Nigeria’s leveler.



Moses Simon: 5.5/10

His best contribution to the game was in the defensive duties for Nigeria and he did very well. He was later substituted in the second half for a player with more attacking intent.



Odion Ighalo: 9/10

A brace and an assist for the Top 9. He barely put a foot wrong and perhaps could have scored earlier than his first goal but he was caught offside. He bossed the Cameroon defence and took his chances however they came.



SUBSTITUTES

Samuel Chukwueze: 6.5/10


He brought some excitement to the game for the Eagles with his runs. He would take on defenders; running at them and allowing the other forwards time and space. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:



His introduction sparked Nigeria into life; the team scored two goals five minutes after the youngster stepped on the pitch.
:clap: :clap: :clap:



Paul Onuachu: 5/10

He replaced Ighalo with five minutes left to play and his impact, instantly, wasn’t entirely positive as he committed a foul and just couldn’t replicate Ighalo’s aura.



Leon Balogun: 5/10

The 31 year-old was introduced with two minutes of additional time left to play. Obviously for game management, to shore up the defence but he didn’t really have much to do.

https://www.brila.net/super-eagles-rati ... -the-show/

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Posts: 3505
When you have to rely on brila to make your point...

The only argument to support Chukwueze changing the game is the timing of the goals. That’s at best circumstantial.
I recommend going and watching the minutes between his introduction and the goals - to decide what impact that had. While you’re at it, please also consider that Cameroon made a tactical substitution at the same time. Ask yourself if that had an impact on the game, especially for Iwobi’s goal.

As for our equaliser:
Chukwueze was involved in the goal mouth scramble but he did nothing particularly impactful. When the ball comes out to Ndidi 1. Ndidi makes a simple but correct pass to Awaziem 2. Awaziem’s cross into the box is perfect meaning the keeper has to stay on his line 3. Musa has the presence of mind to not snatch at it but instead cushion it for Ighalo 4. Ighalo finishes clinically.

For the rest of the game, Chukwueze remains a more willing runner than Moses was and does indeed stretch play in our attacking play...

But...

Awaziem comes under increasing pressure he becomes more isolated without Moses and Chukwueze does little to support him.

I repeat though, Chukwueze is the most exciting prospect in Nigerian football right now. But to credit him with turning the game around is fake news.

_________________
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 24856
waka-man wrote:
When you have to rely on brila to make your point...

The only argument to support Chukwueze changing the game is the timing of the goals. That’s at best circumstantial.
I recommend going and watching the minutes between his introduction and the goals - to decide what impact that had. While you’re at it, please also consider that Cameroon made a tactical substitution at the same time. Ask yourself if that had an impact on the game, especially for Iwobi’s goal.

As for our equaliser:
Chukwueze was involved in the goal mouth scramble but he did nothing particularly impactful. When the ball comes out to Ndidi 1. Ndidi makes a simple but correct pass to Awaziem 2. Awaziem’s cross into the box is perfect meaning the keeper has to stay on his line 3. Musa has the presence of mind to not snatch at it but instead cushion it for Ighalo 4. Ighalo finishes clinically.

For the rest of the game, Chukwueze remains a more willing runner than Moses was and does indeed stretch play in our attacking play...

But...

Awaziem comes under increasing pressure he becomes more isolated without Moses and Chukwueze does little to support him.

I repeat though, Chukwueze is the most exciting prospect in Nigerian football right now. But to credit him with turning the game around is fake news.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just like it was 'accidental' that the ball hit Musa's chest and Ighalo 'accidentally' hit the ball past Onana.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Posts: 3505
zee wrote:
waka-man wrote:
When you have to rely on brila to make your point...

The only argument to support Chukwueze changing the game is the timing of the goals. That’s at best circumstantial.
I recommend going and watching the minutes between his introduction and the goals - to decide what impact that had. While you’re at it, please also consider that Cameroon made a tactical substitution at the same time. Ask yourself if that had an impact on the game, especially for Iwobi’s goal.

As for our equaliser:
Chukwueze was involved in the goal mouth scramble but he did nothing particularly impactful. When the ball comes out to Ndidi 1. Ndidi makes a simple but correct pass to Awaziem 2. Awaziem’s cross into the box is perfect meaning the keeper has to stay on his line 3. Musa has the presence of mind to not snatch at it but instead cushion it for Ighalo 4. Ighalo finishes clinically.

For the rest of the game, Chukwueze remains a more willing runner than Moses was and does indeed stretch play in our attacking play...

But...

Awaziem comes under increasing pressure he becomes more isolated without Moses and Chukwueze does little to support him.

I repeat though, Chukwueze is the most exciting prospect in Nigerian football right now. But to credit him with turning the game around is fake news.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just like it was 'accidental' that the ball hit Musa's chest and Ighalo 'accidentally' hit the ball past Onana.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


I’m just asking you to watch the game and actually provide evidence that Chukwueze did something to contribute to goals. If the evidence is the fact his timing coincided with the arrival of the goals, that is indeed circumstantial (which I may point does mean the same thing as “accidental”).

_________________
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 24856
waka-man wrote:
zee wrote:
waka-man wrote:
When you have to rely on brila to make your point...

The only argument to support Chukwueze changing the game is the timing of the goals. That’s at best circumstantial.
I recommend going and watching the minutes between his introduction and the goals - to decide what impact that had. While you’re at it, please also consider that Cameroon made a tactical substitution at the same time. Ask yourself if that had an impact on the game, especially for Iwobi’s goal.

As for our equaliser:
Chukwueze was involved in the goal mouth scramble but he did nothing particularly impactful. When the ball comes out to Ndidi 1. Ndidi makes a simple but correct pass to Awaziem 2. Awaziem’s cross into the box is perfect meaning the keeper has to stay on his line 3. Musa has the presence of mind to not snatch at it but instead cushion it for Ighalo 4. Ighalo finishes clinically.

For the rest of the game, Chukwueze remains a more willing runner than Moses was and does indeed stretch play in our attacking play...

But...

Awaziem comes under increasing pressure he becomes more isolated without Moses and Chukwueze does little to support him.

I repeat though, Chukwueze is the most exciting prospect in Nigerian football right now. But to credit him with turning the game around is fake news.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just like it was 'accidental' that the ball hit Musa's chest and Ighalo 'accidentally' hit the ball past Onana.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


I’m just asking you to watch the game and actually provide evidence that Chukwueze did something to contribute to goals. If the evidence is the fact his timing coincided with the arrival of the goals, that is indeed circumstantial (which I may point does mean the same thing as “accidental”).


Face your EPL ..........'scorer and assist' analysis. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This here is way over your head. :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Posts: 3505
zee wrote:
waka-man wrote:
zee wrote:
waka-man wrote:
When you have to rely on brila to make your point...

The only argument to support Chukwueze changing the game is the timing of the goals. That’s at best circumstantial.
I recommend going and watching the minutes between his introduction and the goals - to decide what impact that had. While you’re at it, please also consider that Cameroon made a tactical substitution at the same time. Ask yourself if that had an impact on the game, especially for Iwobi’s goal.

As for our equaliser:
Chukwueze was involved in the goal mouth scramble but he did nothing particularly impactful. When the ball comes out to Ndidi 1. Ndidi makes a simple but correct pass to Awaziem 2. Awaziem’s cross into the box is perfect meaning the keeper has to stay on his line 3. Musa has the presence of mind to not snatch at it but instead cushion it for Ighalo 4. Ighalo finishes clinically.

For the rest of the game, Chukwueze remains a more willing runner than Moses was and does indeed stretch play in our attacking play...

But...

Awaziem comes under increasing pressure he becomes more isolated without Moses and Chukwueze does little to support him.

I repeat though, Chukwueze is the most exciting prospect in Nigerian football right now. But to credit him with turning the game around is fake news.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just like it was 'accidental' that the ball hit Musa's chest and Ighalo 'accidentally' hit the ball past Onana.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


I’m just asking you to watch the game and actually provide evidence that Chukwueze did something to contribute to goals. If the evidence is the fact his timing coincided with the arrival of the goals, that is indeed circumstantial (which I may point does mean the same thing as “accidental”).


Face your EPL ..........'scorer and assist' analysis. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This here is way over your head. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Sounds like you have no evidence. Not really sure what the EPL point is. Good use of emojis though. Well done.

_________________
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:10 pm
Posts: 1764
Location: pittsburgh
oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Yes see how in half an hour he created 2 clear chances for Ighalo and Musa, BECAUSE HE CAN PASS THE BALL.

Something that uselss Ahmed Musa cannot do to save his life.

How many times today did Musa kill promising attacks with his poor passing.

I counted at least 3 today, just a wastepipe.

Chukwueze is the truth, especially for a team that is struggling to create good chances. Those 2 CHukwueze created were more than anything the entire SE has created in 4 matches.

Your life must be miserable, seriously I think something is wrong with you. You apologised for abusing Musa just about this time last year and you are up to your classless rants again. I will like to see you in real life just to confirm the image of you I have.



Was about to say the same thing. The only difference would have been mine would have been in a mean form. The truth is Musa is still too fast for most of our players. Musa gets the ball all the way to the final third, then has to wait for his team mates. The unfortunate part of it is they get their with their opponent. The best thing is to remove Musa from the wing,. If you can't play him as a lone striker, let him be a support striker so when he makes his runs through the middle, he can go all the way. That's what happened at the world cup, the only difference is his run was from the flank.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 29757
Chukwueze, another legend before his time...

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:31 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:54 pm
Posts: 13485
airwolex wrote:
waka-man wrote:
There is so much fake news on this site. It’s almost as if Ghanaian spies have infiltrated the site to spread misinformation, Putin style.

Chukwueze was ok, but he had nothing to do with changing the game. Victory yesterday was down to Ighalo’s battling, Musa’s smarts (yes, smarts) and a moment of aggression from Iwobi.

There is obviously a campaign to discredit Moses Simon which this fake news is a part of. Truth is he had one of his better games and remains an important member of the team. He showed a lot more attacking qualities in this game, bearing in mind the work he had to do defensively. When he left, Awaziem was under even more pressure.

Chukwueze is one of the most important players to emerge for Nigeria in a long time but let’s not make up stories to make the point. He did ok yesterday in the time he had, but you can tell he has a lot to learn and Rohr is wise to use him tactically.


I can't believe the amount of misinformation on this site.

Musa is low iq...Ighalo is misses. I am watching the match again as we speak and those two guys won the game for us no doubt. Chukwueze had no influence on our comeback whatsoever. This is how we shoot ourselves in our foot. To think some people want to bench our two best attacking players and anoint this young man saviour. This is NOT the Spanish La Liga, this is the AFCON and sometimes you just need seasoned warriors. Chukwueze can stay coming from the bench! Even the much-maligned Moses did not do so badly.


No mind ChimpanZee.

Chukwueze was actually only marginally better than Simon. He was making the same bone-headed decisions trying to take on too many people at the same time. Having said that, Chukwueze should be a starter for the SE. I think Rohr is making the wrong decision playing Musa as a winger. Musa plays better in the center as he showed us in the Argentina match..

_________________
Image
NIGERIAN BADBOY!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:33 am
Posts: 1203
Not surprised zee is spinning yarn based on correlation. This is so common in Naija and try telling someone that correlation does not equal data. My cousin had an accident a few minutes after he shook hands with another guy...guess what, he thinks the other guy did it. A pity this thread has gone three pages based on this level of reasoning.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:00 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39244
Location: UK
kawawa wrote:
Not surprised zee is spinning yarn based on correlation. This is so common in Naija and try telling someone that correlation does not equal data. My cousin had an accident a few minutes after he shook hands with another guy...guess what, he thinks the other guy did it. A pity this thread has gone three pages based on this level of reasoning.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:45 am 
Online

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10231
so what exactly is Osihmen and Onyekuru doing for the team?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 46654
Damunk wrote:
kawawa wrote:
Not surprised zee is spinning yarn based on correlation. This is so common in Naija and try telling someone that correlation does not equal data. My cousin had an accident a few minutes after he shook hands with another guy...guess what, he thinks the other guy did it. A pity this thread has gone three pages based on this level of reasoning.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


:rotf: :rotf:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ANC, oyek and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group