Congratulations to the "We Believe" Team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Congratulations to the "We Believe" Team

Post by 1naija »

Robbynice
Kongi . For once he gat a gaddem Job!
1naija ..

Who else?

Bia, I think that's it o!!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
icee
Egg
Egg
Re: Congratulations to the "We Believe" Team

Post by icee »

I said it that we will win and when we were down I said we will win.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

icee wrote:I said it that we will win and when we were down I said we will win.
:thumbs: :thumbs:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:roll:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote:Robbynice
1naija ..

Who else?

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

My this Houston heat wire your head well well for not supporting Nigeria to win
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

1naija ..

Who else?

Choi me nko?
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

imehjunior wrote:
1naija ..

Who else?

Choi me nko?
Uncle.. yes. You are one of us
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Headmaster 1naija go and sit in one corner jor..
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

I predicted we will win just now... after the game:)
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote::roll:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Morons giving themselves hand-jobs.

As if the majority of Cybereagles said or even thought we will lose.

For the house negroes, we do not have a problem with our team. We have a problem with the limited ram who is making us play far below our potential.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:

For the house negroes, we do not have a problem with our team. We have a problem with the limited ram who is making us play far below our potential.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

1naija ..

Who else?

Baba when I called it some said "stone him", others said my head no dey house. Oh well it is what it is...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

danfo driver wrote:

Wawu...baba it is obvious there is no shame in your game. That in itself is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Mister Dolly wrote:Headmaster 1naija go and sit in one corner jor..
May you join bigpokey in this Houston sun so the heat can wire that your big head well well.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Wawu...baba it is obvious there is no shame in your game. That in itself is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me smh
What are you "wawu'ing" about? And what shame is this? Am I supposed to be ashamed because I see something and I speak up against it?

For your information, I was one of the ones who supported Rohr very strongly until 2 things happened (1) He showed his limitations against Croatia -- limitations which werent caused by mistakes, but limitations which were a clear signal that this was not a person who had the capacity to take us to the next level; and (2) he made that stuupid comment about going to the world cup to learn. You are an Arsenal fan, and you are used to losing, so clearly, you wouldn't find that nonsense insulting!

I am not a stone or a bufoon who continues on the same track, without understanding whether the track is right or not. I am an intelligent person who evolves. I do not have to support Rohr to the end of the pit of hell, so that I could claim "oh! I believed!"

What I find shameful is people who see something bad and they refuse to speak up about it! What I find shameful is people who are incapable of looking at things on the long-term and are only interested in short term gratification. What I find shameful are blacks who will sell their soul to defend the white master, but if this was a black man whow as our coach, they'd have thrown him to the dogs!

I am happy that you are not like those people. This was your comment in the match thread. You were ready to throw Rohr to the dogs if we had lost. Hopefully, you will take a further step and not just look for the short-term gratification of one match. Instead, you woll look at the long term capacity of our team and whether we can move on to 2022, make a serious challenge for the world cup and build a legacy. Its up to you.
Robbynice wrote:
maceo4 wrote:If we get knocked out today, look for Rohr to reference the Morocco game to try to minimize the magnitude of failure lol
He can do that if he wants but if we lose today then stick a fork in him cause he is done.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=295745&p=5461677#p5461677
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This was my comment yesterday on another thread YESTERDAY! Most of you support multiple teams. You spend months giving your entire life and love to Arsenal, United, Chelsea and only remember the Eagles once in a while. Some of us only have ONE team-- Nigeria. So, for you to even think you have more passion or love for our SOLE team more than we do is downright insulting.

danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:Call me emotional all you want, but Rohr's team has never filled me with optimism ever since he arrived on these shores...

Sure, he sets up his team such that it is difficult to beat, which is a good thing...but then, what next..? A bore-fest of sideways passes and the occasional long ball to an isolated lone targetman...

Last time I witnessed a SEagles this sterile in attack was during Lagerback's brief horror show in 2010...

Hard to fathom the reason Rohr deployed 2 holding midfielders against Mada-freaking-gascar for 90 mins so we could register 1 shot on target...

Does anyone really think Rohr's philosophy would change against Cameroun..?
Cameroun would find it difficult breaking us down...and we'd huff and puff feebly upfront again...

Be prepared for the game being a sterile stalemate for the most part...

But, God help us if Cameroun scores first...

Anyone remember the last time Rohr's SEagles overturned a deficit..?

Uncle, you guys are all stuck in the 1994. Amodu's team was not an attacking team and neither was Keshi's team! You guys sometimes sound like we've had it so good and now Rohr is ruining everything. If anything Rohr has rescued us from the primitive type, open eye, gra gra soccer we used to play. You may not like Rohr's team, and that's fine, but don't make it sound like we used to have it so good!
I posted videos of Keshi's 2013 team, we dominated much better quality opponents and created way more chances than our current team does and we were also very good in defense. It was not gra gra or primitive soccer, it was great balanced play and we deserved to win that AFCON. I don't know why we have to lie to ourselves to cover up the deficiencies of this team. We are not playing any futuristing non-gra gra soccer under Rohr, its the slow ponderous hopeful style we played under Berti Vogts.
In 2013, we played like crap in the group stage. We survived elimination thanks to 2 penalties vs Ethiopia. We went on to play great in the knockout stage. Things might be the same in the 2019 edition...
Thank you! You beat me to it. Sometimes our people can be delusional.
I will be surprised if anyone here thinks we are done! We all know what we are capable of, and we all know we can defeat Cameroon, defeat the next team we meet and move forward towards victory!

For heavens sakes we started without omeruo, Iwobi, Ndidi and a half-fit Kalu. We also had Collins injured and Chukwueze on the bench. Most of these will be back!

The issue is the long-term problem that we all see! We saw this same problem with the ram face last year when he went to the World Cup to learn. And we see the same problems today. He is a limited coach who frankly is wasting our time and most of us are afraid of ending like the Argentina or Belgium golden era which couldn’t win anything or make any meaningful mark.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295730&start=46
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

danfo driver wrote:This was my comment yesterday on another thread YESTERDAY! Most of you support multiple teams. You spend months giving your entire life and love to Arsenal, United, Chelsea and only remember the Eagles once in a while. Some of us only have ONE team-- Nigeria. So, for you to even think you have more passion or love for our SOLE team more than we do is downright insulting.

danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:Call me emotional all you want, but Rohr's team has never filled me with optimism ever since he arrived on these shores...

Sure, he sets up his team such that it is difficult to beat, which is a good thing...but then, what next..? A bore-fest of sideways passes and the occasional long ball to an isolated lone targetman...

Last time I witnessed a SEagles this sterile in attack was during Lagerback's brief horror show in 2010...

Hard to fathom the reason Rohr deployed 2 holding midfielders against Mada-freaking-gascar for 90 mins so we could register 1 shot on target...

Does anyone really think Rohr's philosophy would change against Cameroun..?
Cameroun would find it difficult breaking us down...and we'd huff and puff feebly upfront again...

Be prepared for the game being a sterile stalemate for the most part...

But, God help us if Cameroun scores first...

Anyone remember the last time Rohr's SEagles overturned a deficit..?

Uncle, you guys are all stuck in the 1994. Amodu's team was not an attacking team and neither was Keshi's team! You guys sometimes sound like we've had it so good and now Rohr is ruining everything. If anything Rohr has rescued us from the primitive type, open eye, gra gra soccer we used to play. You may not like Rohr's team, and that's fine, but don't make it sound like we used to have it so good!
I posted videos of Keshi's 2013 team, we dominated much better quality opponents and created way more chances than our current team does and we were also very good in defense. It was not gra gra or primitive soccer, it was great balanced play and we deserved to win that AFCON. I don't know why we have to lie to ourselves to cover up the deficiencies of this team. We are not playing any futuristing non-gra gra soccer under Rohr, its the slow ponderous hopeful style we played under Berti Vogts.
In 2013, we played like crap in the group stage. We survived elimination thanks to 2 penalties vs Ethiopia. We went on to play great in the knockout stage. Things might be the same in the 2019 edition...
Thank you! You beat me to it. Sometimes our people can be delusional.
I will be surprised if anyone here thinks we are done! We all know what we are capable of, and we all know we can defeat Cameroon, defeat the next team we meet and move forward towards victory!

For heavens sakes we started without omeruo, Iwobi, Ndidi and a half-fit Kalu. We also had Collins injured and Chukwueze on the bench. Most of these will be back!

The issue is the long-term problem that we all see! We saw this same problem with the ram face last year when he went to the World Cup to learn. And we see the same problems today. He is a limited coach who frankly is wasting our time and most of us are afraid of ending like the Argentina or Belgium golden era which couldn’t win anything or make any meaningful mark.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295730&start=46
You ain't got no gaddem job for real for real. You expect us to drop our bottle of Johnny wal ... I mean celebration to read all this? Abeg gerrara hia..
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:This was my comment yesterday on another thread YESTERDAY! Most of you support multiple teams. You spend months giving your entire life and love to Arsenal, United, Chelsea and only remember the Eagles once in a while. Some of us only have ONE team-- Nigeria. So, for you to even think you have more passion or love for our SOLE team more than we do is downright insulting.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
When a man is right....................he is right.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

No, I don't. I do not expect you and the likes of you to have the mental capacity and take time, intelligently, to understand the foundation of the argument you are having. And that is the reason you always end up on the losing side.
1naija wrote:
You ain't got no gaddem job for real for real. You expect us to drop our bottle of Johnny wal ... I mean celebration to read all this? Abeg gerrara hia..
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

danfo driver wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

What are you "wawu'ing" about? And what shame is this? Am I supposed to be ashamed because I see something and I speak up against it?

For your information, I was one of the ones who supported Rohr very strongly until 2 things happened (1) He showed his limitations against Croatia -- limitations which werent caused by mistakes, but limitations which were a clear signal that this was not a person who had the capacity to take us to the next level; and (2) he made that stuupid comment about going to the world cup to learn. You are an Arsenal fan, and you are used to losing, so clearly, you wouldn't find that nonsense insulting!

I am not a stone or a bufoon who continues on the same track, without understanding whether the track is right or not. I am an intelligent person who evolves. I do not have to support Rohr to the end of the pit of hell, so that I could claim "oh! I believed!"

What I find shameful is people who see something bad and they refuse to speak up about it! What I find shameful is people who are incapable of looking at things on the long-term and are only interested in short term gratification. What I find shameful are blacks who will sell their soul to defend the white master, but if this was a black man whow as our coach, they'd have thrown him to the dogs!

I am happy that you are not like those people. This was your comment in the match thread. You were ready to throw Rohr to the dogs if we had lost. Hopefully, you will take a further step and not just look for the short-term gratification of one match. Instead, you woll look at the long term capacity of our team and whether we can move on to 2022, make a serious challenge for the world cup and build a legacy. Its up to you.
Robbynice wrote:
maceo4 wrote:If we get knocked out today, look for Rohr to reference the Morocco game to try to minimize the magnitude of failure lol
He can do that if he wants but if we lose today then stick a fork in him cause he is done.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=295745&p=5461677#p5461677
I was ready to judge Rohr by his results. That is what I have always said. Look at my track record on CE. I give my 100% support to the coach of the team I don't care if he calls my grandmother to the team. I judge only by the results on the green grass. I don't know the point you are trying to make but on this one your point don't hold water.

Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

GOOOOOOOOAL!!!
South Africa take the lead. What a great counter
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote: I was ready to judge Rohr by his results. That is what I have always said. Look at my track record on CE. I give my 100% support to the coach of the team I don't care if he calls my grandmother to the team. I judge only by the results on the green grass. I don't know the point you are trying to make but on this one your point don't hold water.
:lol: unfortunately, you dont.

The point i was trying to make is that you were willing to make a decision based on emotions! We win, Rohr stays, We lose, Rohr is gone! SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE DO NOT MAKE DECISIONS THAT WAY!! You cant make such a big decision on the whim!

I am confident Nigeria will move on and defeat the next team we meet! I am confident because I know our quality and I know our capacity. But after watching Copa America and the Gold Cup, I know we are in trouble! I have seen the significant limitations of our coach and I know that, no matter what happens, he is not the one to take us forward. THAT IS HOW YOU MAKE A DECISION -- you look at the totality of the circumstances and review your expectations. Not just based on "oh! You win, you stay, you lose, you go!"

P.s-- search my comments on CE, I did not attack the coach based on his selection. In fact, in the first game thread, I made a post where I supported you and said that I agreed with your comment about supporting the team no matter who is on the pitch! This is not about our team, its about the person who is going to drown us with his limitations.