#RohrOut

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
Re: COUNTDOWN TO ROHR GETTING FIRED

Post by JACKAL »

john12 wrote:Nigerians really think their coach is the problem. JOKERS and DELUSIONALS!

I don't think the Coach is the only problem. But this coach Is definitely a problem. I have been saying it from the first day Pinnick snuck him though the back door. We need someone younger, with very good coaching experience who has something to lose if he fails. Rohr is none of those things.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Play Onyekuru, Osimhen/Musa, Chukwueze/Kalu upfront, with Iwobi playing the wide to central attacking mid role, the chances will flow and the goals inevitably will come. But play the same old 4-2-3-1 with a stiff Ighalo as lone striker... then you could as well start warming up the departure plane cause you ain't winning sh*t with that. But will that recalcitrant blockhead of a coach learn to try something new? I doubt it so I won't get my hopes high any longer.
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

JACKAL wrote:Our agony as a nation is almost over.

The last 3 years has been the most uninspiring football I have ever seen us play. Our team lacked the most essential element that the world and super eagles fans Worldwide cherished the most about our team: Passion & Panache !

We hired a journey man coach with very small ambitions. He gave us exactly what we paid for !! I hope the next coach we bring in shares our aspirations and most importantly has the requisite skills to develop a great team that can conquer the world.
Qualified for the world cup (from the most difficult group Nigeria has ever been in) with one game to spare, qualified for the nations cup with a game to spare, qualified for the second round with one game to spare. Emotions running wild
Last edited by ahidjo2 on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Synopsis wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Synopsis wrote:We qualified for the world cup with ease. We've played uninspiring football since after the first Argentina match. That wasn't three years ago.

We have been inspiring for 3 years.... 3 years of defensive football is enough....we need to start playing to our strengths, not dwelling on our perceived weakness.
We had no problems scoring. 3 goals vs Algeria, 4 goals vs Cameroon, 4 goals vs Argentina.
The scoring problem started in 2018.
How many of those goals did your current number 9 striker score ?
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

JACKAL wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Synopsis wrote:We qualified for the world cup with ease. We've played uninspiring football since after the first Argentina match. That wasn't three years ago.

We have been inspiring for 3 years.... 3 years of defensive football is enough....we need to start playing to our strengths, not dwelling on our perceived weakness.
We had no problems scoring. 3 goals vs Algeria, 4 goals vs Cameroon, 4 goals vs Argentina.
Ighalo scored against Algeria and Cameroon.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Synopsis wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

I don't even think Ighalo played in the Algeria game.. He scored 1 goal out of the 11 goals you pointed out...yet your brilliant coach continues to feature him as our main striker for the last 3 years.

The goal against Cameroon is the only noteworthy goal he has scored against a top team. All his other goals are against teams we would beat without not much of a problem.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

john12 wrote:Nigerians really think their coach is the problem. JOKERS and DELUSIONALS!
My brother! I REALLY don't know what they are saying. We played 'uninspiring football' according to them, but we qualified for all tournaments there was for us to compete for.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

JACKAL wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

I don't even think Ighalo played in the Algeria game.. He scored 1 goal out of the 11 goals you pointed out...yet your brilliant coach continues to feature him as our main striker for the last 3 years.

The goal against Cameroon is the only noteworthy goal he has scored against a top team. All his other goals are against teams we would beat without not much of a problem.
Yeahh, he scored one. Point still stands, our scoring problem started in 2018.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

So who is YOUR current number 9 striker?
Let me guess..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Odas wrote:
My brother! I REALLY don't know what they are saying. We played 'uninspiring football' according to them, but we qualified for all tournaments there was for us to compete for.
We were doing that before he was hired...without the embarrassment of losing to a Madagascar
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

We failed to qualify for back to back ANC. I’m not defending him for the loss against Madagascar but it’s football, random upset always happens
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

john12 wrote:We failed to qualify for back to back ANC. I’m not defending him for the loss against Madagascar but it’s football, random upset always happens
You make it sound like were never going to qualify for the ANC again and we needed Rohr and only Rohr to save us...
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Well, we indeed missed back to back ANC qualification and probably wouldn’t had qualified for 2018 World Cup. Anyway, all I know is that Rohr termination just normalize certain anomalies. The things you took for granted will come back to haunt you
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Left to me , he should be fired today and let's draft SSS or even Amunike to finish up the tournament. We aren't advancing anyways..better to start preparing for Qatar right now....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Synopsis wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Yes you are right the scoring problems seemed to start after that ARgentina friendly.

So what happened ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The Rohr haters are just not being honest.

You can criticize the man without making up falsehoods.

He has been very succesful on African territory as has been mentioned qualifying us for a WC with such ease (from the toughest group Nigeria has ever been in) with a game to spare.

Even after the S. Africa hiccup we still qualified for the ANC with a game to spare and top of the group.

Yes I blame him for the Madagascar loss, because starting Mikel and Ogu together is just a dumb bone headed move, and also the fact that we cannot score after being down very early to them is very worrying and that has to reflect on his ability to coordinate attack from the boys.

But to say it has been a "3 year nightmare" is just dishonesty and pure emotions without FACTs.

Rohr can still turn this ship around, he has just created a huge problem for himself. Had we topped the group it would have been a fairly easy run to the Semi finals.

Now we have to go through Cameroon and Egypt. It can be done, if Rohr can get us past those 2 teams, then he should definately be kept as a coach. If not I would say we have to do some real soul searching, but we must have a plan and a good replacement, not just the next ex super eagle waiting in line, because that HAS BEEN DISASTROUS.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We should have fired Rohr before the worldcup x we should have been much better by now...never ever should we go foreign again..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

IF COACHING ISN'T THE PROBLEM, AND I'M NOT SAYING IT IS...

…why not use a Nigerian coach?
Bell
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

john12 wrote:Well, we indeed missed back to back ANC qualification and probably wouldn’t had qualified for 2018 World Cup. Anyway, all I know is that Rohr termination just normalize certain anomalies. The things you took for granted will come back to haunt you
probably, woulda, shoulda.... you don't know what would have happened if we hired someone else.... you make it sound like the earth its self will fall beneath our feet if we let this man go
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

vancity eagle wrote:The Rohr haters are just not being honest.

He has been very succesful on African territory as has been mentioned qualifying us for a WC with such ease (from the toughest group Nigeria has ever been in) with a game to spare.

Even after the S. Africa hiccup we still qualified for the ANC with a game to spare and top of the group.

Yes I blame him for the Madagascar loss, because starting Mikel and Ogu together is just a dumb bone headed move, and also the fact that we cannot score after being down very early to them is very worrying and that has to reflect on his ability to coordinate attack from the boys.

But to say it has been a "3 year nightmare" is just dishonesty and pure emotions without FACTs.

Rohr can still turn this ship around, he has just created a huge problem for himself. Had we topped the group it would have been a fairly easy run to the Semi finals.

Now we have to go through Cameroon and Egypt. It can be done, if Rohr can get us past those 2 teams, then he should definately be kept as a coach. If not I would say we have to do some real soul searching, but we must have a plan and a good replacement, not just the next ex super eagle waiting in line, because that HAS BEEN DISASTROUS.
Trousier did the same thing...Qualified us for the World cup with a game to spare and we fired him... Why?, because the team lack Panache ! Amodu performed a far more incredible feat than that...bringing us back from the dead or WC qualification and qualified us … TWICE !!! and he still got fired....so what is so special about Rohr ??
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote:We should have fired Rohr before the worldcup x we should have been much better by now...never ever should we go foreign again..
yes we should go local and fail to qualify for nations cups. :lol:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

JACKAL wrote:

Trousier did the same thing...Qualified us for the World cup with a game to spare and we fired him... Why?, because the team lack Panache ! Amodu performed a far more incredible feat than that...bringing us back from the dead or WC qualification and qualified us … TWICE !!! and he still got fired....so what is so special about Rohr ??

I never said anything is so special about Rohr.

But his qualification record in Africa is unmatched by anyone. That is a fact.

The stability he has brought to the team is also unmatched in my opinion, however there does seem to be a scoring problem.

His first AFCON is ongoing. He has created a major mess for himself. Let us see if he can dig his way out of it. If he can he deserves respect, if not let us perhaps think of other options.

But can you at least be objective and not full of emotions.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

vancity eagle wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

I never said anything is so special about Rohr.

But his qualification record in Africa is unmatched by anyone. That is a fact.

The stability he has brought to the team is also unmatched in my opinion, however there does seem to be a scoring problem.

His first AFCON is ongoing. He has created a major mess for himself. Let us see if he can dig his way out of it. If he can he deserves respect, if not let us perhaps think of other options.

But can you at least be objective and not full of emotions.
What record are you talking about ???
He has a poor record everywhere he has been in Africa with the exception of Nigeria... He didnt distinguish him self anywhere in Africa..Gabon, Niger, Bukina Faso....