#RohrOut

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Rorh Must go

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Exactly, the players and the Nigerian spirit bailed him
Don't you have shame? :laugh:

You are the shameless one, it’s pathetic how you carry on supporting a brainless coach. What sane human will play Simon over chukwueze. What’s wrong with you for real tho?

One who wants his players to track back and defend.

I think we have a conundrum here though because IMO Chuks is just too good to leave on the bench, he is one of those players you make exceptions for, so if we have to make a few tweeks to cover for his lack of defensive cover, we should probably do so. Chuks creates too many chances to leave on the bench, but I understand Rohr wanting a player who puts in a defensive shift.
I don’t remember Simon defending at all....I actually saw Samu clearing the ball in the box....he defends well for Villarreal can’t see why he can’t do it for the SE. Moses offers zero going forward and maybe 4/10 going back not good
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

I'm not a fan of Rohr or FC's in general but we weren't better prior to him. We couldn't qualify for AFCON and were losing/drawing with the likes of Angola, Mozambique, Lesotho, Gabon, Ethiopia, Seychelles, Niger, Sudan etc.
Let's use our heads and not make any knee-jerk reaction again.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Enyi wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

You are the shameless one, it’s pathetic how you carry on supporting a brainless coach. What sane human will play Simon over chukwueze. What’s wrong with you for real tho?

I think we have a conundrum here though because IMO Chuks is just too good to leave on the bench, he is one of those players you make exceptions for, so if we have to make a few tweeks to cover for his lack of defensive cover, we should probably do so. Chuks creates too many chances to leave on the bench, but I understand Rohr wanting a player who puts in a defensive shift.
I don’t remember Simon defending at all....I actually saw Samu clearing the ball in the box....he defends well for Villarreal can’t see why he can’t do it for the SE. Moses offers zero going forward and maybe 4/10 going back not good

You Dey mind them, can’t understand the super defending they claim Simon is doing.
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Enyi wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

kpom :thumb:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

9jaMan wrote:Win your games with your best 11,
chukwueze could have ended the game in the first half.
This Cameroon was poor.
Na yam o!!! :winking: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Simon Moses has always had huge games when playing against Cameroon. He scored a cracker against them in the Oliseh era and played very well for the two legs in the World Cup qualifier. I wouldn't blame Rhor for tossing him in there. Some players always seem to find their Mojo against certain teams
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Ekorian wrote:I'm not a fan of Rohr or FC's in general but we weren't better prior to him. We couldn't qualify for AFCON and were losing/drawing with the likes of Angola, Mozambique, Lesotho, Gabon, Ethiopia, Seychelles, Niger, Sudan etc.
We were good enough in 2013. AFCON didn't start in 2015 you know. Haba!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

9jaMan wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Chukwueze was defending and blocking moves like a RB and CDM, that excuse of defensive and tracking back nonsense is out the door. Both with defense and attack duties chukwueze starts and Simon is hugging the bench.
I would prefer if Chukwueze starts, but what if Chukwueze was the 2nd half spark that we needed to win the game? He may not have been as effective if he started the match. See our game vs Burundi. Jus sayin.

Win your games with your best 11, chukwueze could have ended the game in the first half. This Cameroon was poor.
Bros, what was the name of that team you coached to a championship again? I know you probably mention am before but I forgot.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

cchinukw wrote:
Ekorian wrote:I'm not a fan of Rohr or FC's in general but we weren't better prior to him. We couldn't qualify for AFCON and were losing/drawing with the likes of Angola, Mozambique, Lesotho, Gabon, Ethiopia, Seychelles, Niger, Sudan etc.
We were good enough in 2013. AFCON didn't start in 2015 you know. Haba!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

under Keshi

we drew at home against Kenya
we couldn't beat Malawi away
we couldn't beat Namibia away
we lost to Congo at home
we lost to Sudan away
we couldn't beat South Africa in a must win match

there were a whole host of very poor results, and piss poor play, not to mention we entered one of the most corrupt eras I have ever witnessed as a fan, where any "hey you" could displace players with an established pedigree

Keshi took junk like Ejike, Rueben, Gambo, SHambo, to disgrace the SE.

I am glad we do not have a coach who will denegrate the SE with such rubbish.

His only WC win was courtesey of a wrongly dissalowed goal against Bosnia. We couldn't even beat Iran.

Seriously the only games we even played well in were against CIV, and Mali (Mali was extremely naive)

The vast majority of matches under Keshi were uninspiring and complete garbage if we are being honest.

We won the ANC, but it wasn't inspiring at all, again it was one of the most unconvincing titles in recent memory.

People like to romanticize Keshi, because he won against all odds, people also like to re write history like he did it with "homebased players" but this is also largely a myth. The vast majority of players were European based.

He was rightfully sacked for failing to qualify us for a common ANC from a mediocre group, because his team was complacent due to his lack of calling up competition, and trying to pimp out homebased players.

May he rest in peace, but there is no need to make up stories about the man because he is passed away.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Ekorian wrote:I'm not a fan of Rohr or FC's in general but we weren't better prior to him.
We couldn't qualify for AFCON and were losing/drawing with the likes of Angola, Mozambique, Lesotho, Gabon, Ethiopia, Seychelles, Niger, Sudan etc.
:clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fair weather fanatics can't conceal their emotions long enough, before exposing themselves.
They are quick to hype players, and can't wait to rubbish them at first error. Imagine someone claiming Omeruo to be
world class one week, and bench worthy the next.
Rohr brought the SE order, team discipline, and above all, the idea that no player is indispensable. This idea made the
players not feel complacent and hunger to be given a shirt on game day.
I can see the SE going the way of the German 2014 world cup winning team - a collection of team oriented players.
Hope we don't throw the baby away with the bath water.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: #RorhOut

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So Captain Musa had to yell at Rohr to bring in Balogun...can you all see how Rohr has no clue on who to sub in or out?.players individuality bailed us out once again...nah real wah
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Even if we win Afcon, I agree we have to move on. The goal is to improve the National team. I don't see much improvement in the team. We actually got worse in several departments. We are not scoring enough goals. We are not defending well. We don't have a good goalkeeper.

1. Hire a coach that is creative offensively, but won't ignore the defense.
2. Hire a coach that is good at finding talent, and will encourage competition.
3. Hire a coach that is not afraid to play young players.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Akpeyi and Rohr must go..Akpeti couldn't even save a single shot on goal...rohr is a lucky coach...he landed on a gold mine with the type of players we have.. the players are the ones using the Keshi spirit to bail us from the cheap no tactics coach
SuperEagles

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Akpeyi and Rohr must go..Akpeti couldn't even save a single shot on goal...rohr is a lucky coach...he landed on a gold mine with the type of players we have.. the players are the ones using the Keshi spirit to bail us from the cheap no tactics coach
I love it everytime the great MIC :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: is postively referenced.......................An African football Legend for ever.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

No mentally intact man would ever sack a coach after winning a major tournament. That is all.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Synopsis wrote:No mentally intact man would ever sack a coach after winning a major tournament. That is all.
Keshi
SuperEagles

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:No mentally intact man would ever sack a coach after winning a major tournament. That is all.
Keshi
Keshi was sacked after missing AFCON. The same would happen to Rohr.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Don’t take him seriously his a clown just wants response
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The goal is to get better. If the NFF feel Rohr has reached his ceiling and cant improve the team. You let his contract expire and hire another coach that can improve the team. We have our targets. First round exit at the world cup is not good enough.

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

ohenhen1 wrote:The goal is to get better. If the NFF feel Rohr has reached his ceiling and cant improve the team. You let his contract expire and hire another coach that can improve the team. We have our targets. First round exit at the world cup is not good enough.
Well if his ceiling is winning tournaments I'll take it.
You think Portugal would give up their 2016 Euro Cup to play beautifully but come up short?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Synopsis wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The goal is to get better. If the NFF feel Rohr has reached his ceiling and cant improve the team. You let his contract expire and hire another coach that can improve the team. We have our targets. First round exit at the world cup is not good enough.
You think Portugal would give up their 2016 Euro Cup to play beautifully but come up short?

His ceiling is to improve the team. Has he done that? It is not about the brand of football. It is about tactics and poor team selection. Why didnt he shore up the team defensively in the closing minutes against Argentina. What is up with the goalkeeping situation? What is up with his substitution patterns? Why did Nigeria lose to Madagascar? Why is there a problem scoring goals and now poor defending?

BTW how many trophies or tournaments has he won as a coach?

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

His ceiling is to improve the team. Has he done that? It is not about the brand of football. It is about tactics and poor team selection. Why didnt he shore up the team defensively in the closing minutes against Argentina. What is up with the goalkeeping situation? What is up with his substitution patterns? Why did Nigeria lose to Madagascar? Why is there a problem scoring goals and now poor defending?

BTW how many trophies or tournaments has he won as a coach?
"Improving the team" is so subjective. One can easily shift goal posts to prove a point. Didn't we show improvement by your standards by solving our goal scoring problems against a strong Cameroon defense? Last week people here were saying our team isn't capable of winning after being down a goal. Isn't that improvement? This week it will be "our team isn't capable of winning after being down 3 goals."

I said it would be foolish to fire him after winning the AFCON.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote:
9jaMan wrote: Win your games with your best 11, chukwueze could have ended the game in the first half. This Cameroon was poor.
Bros, what was the name of that team you coached to a championship again? I know you probably mention am before but I forgot.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "