All the top seeded teams won their groups and advanced to the third round

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Adisboy
Egg
Egg
All the top seeded teams won their groups and advanced to the third round

Post by Adisboy »

There were absolutely no upsets in this stage of the qualifiers which is strange. The 10 teams that have advances to the 3rd round were all top seeded in their respected groups at the time of the draw for the 2nd round. See below:
Team/Group
Senegal (20) H
Tunisia (27) B
Nigeria (31) C
Algeria (35) A
Morocco (43) I
Ghana (47) G
Egypt (51) F
Cameroon (53) D
Mali (56) E
DR Congo (56) J

If this trend continues in the next round then it means Senegal, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco & Nigeria will qualify. For our sakes, hopefully this happens.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: All the top seeded teams won their groups and advanced to the third round

Post by Undertaker »

If seeded we have to beat one of these teams to qualify?

Egypt
Ghana
Cameroon
Mali
Congo DR
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Adisboy wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:09 pm There were absolutely no upsets in this stage of the qualifiers which is strange. The 10 teams that have advances to the 3rd round were all top seeded in their respected groups at the time of the draw for the 2nd round. See below:
Team/Group
Senegal (20) H
Tunisia (27) B
Nigeria (31) C
Algeria (35) A
Morocco (43) I
Ghana (47) G
Egypt (51) F
Cameroon (53) D
Mali (56) E
DR Congo (56) J

If this trend continues in the next round then it means Senegal, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco & Nigeria will qualify. For our sakes, hopefully this happens.
Ivory Coast didn't make it... Chei
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:13 pm If seeded we have to beat one of these teams to qualify?

Egypt
Ghana
Cameroon
Mali
Congo DR
Hopefully with a better coach in charge by then and some few tweaks and improvements around weak players/positions, I don't fear any of these teams, Mali is the team that I'll say makes me somewhat nervous though.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:13 pm
Adisboy wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:09 pm There were absolutely no upsets in this stage of the qualifiers which is strange. The 10 teams that have advances to the 3rd round were all top seeded in their respected groups at the time of the draw for the 2nd round. See below:
Team/Group
Senegal (20) H
Tunisia (27) B
Nigeria (31) C
Algeria (35) A
Morocco (43) I
Ghana (47) G
Egypt (51) F
Cameroon (53) D
Mali (56) E
DR Congo (56) J

Ivory Coast didn't make it... Chei
their coach is also usless and seems to be beefing with some of their top players.

Imagine using your top offensive threat (Cornet) as a defender and starting only 2 midfielders away against gra gra CAmeroon.

The guy is an eeediot.

even though Cameroon were ranked higher, I consider this an upset.

this guy squandered a good set of players. Hopefully we will not let Rohr do the same.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:13 pm If seeded we have to beat one of these teams to qualify?

Egypt
Ghana
Cameroon
Mali
Congo DR
I don't want Egypt & Ghana for several reasons, but the remaining three (Cameroon, Mali & Congo DR), bring them on..
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

iworo wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:31 pm

Egypt
Ghana
Cameroon
Mali
Congo DR
I don't want Egypt & Ghana for several reasons, but the remaining three (Cameroon, Mali & Congo DR), bring them on..
you really think we will beat Cameroon or Mali the way we are playing ?

When we played Cameroon twice this summer AND LOST, we were even playing much better back then than we are now.

It has come to the point where ANYBODY can walk into our home AND BEAT US.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

With our current team and same coach any of these teams:
Egypt
Ghana
Cameroon
Mali
Congo DR
will beat us SOUNDLY!! Na me tok am!!
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:35 pm

Egypt
Ghana
Cameroon
Mali
Congo DR

When we played Cameroon twice this summer AND LOST, we were even playing much better back then than we are now.

We tend to raise our game whenever we play Cameroon in non-friendly matches. For some reason, they're always scared of us well. Compared to Ghana & Egypt, these two teams relish playing some of their best games against us. As per Mali, I've not seen much of them.....
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Egypt
Ghana
Cameroon
Mali
Congo DR

To be fair we tend to play (whether up or down) to the level of opposition teams, Nigeria traditionally are slow starters, but we're definitely a tournament type of team..also remember that after the AFCON, a lot of things would have changed- some new players that will give us more depth and competition, the coaching situation might also change etc these dynamics will significantly improve our chances in the playoffs
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 you are hoping that Rohr gets fired.

He likely wont, and he most likely will not have learned a damn thing, even if he plays another 6 games at afcon.

He will still be fielding, the Oyibo "crumbling wall" and fielding Simon and Collins in some weird formation in the playoffs, with the "experienced" Ighalo waiting on the bench to be his joker.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

give us Egypt, ghana, les lions, e no matter .. the playoffs are going to be pretty cagey
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:00 am Tobi17 you are hoping that Rohr gets fired.

He likely wont, and he most likely will not have learned a damn thing, even if he plays another 6 games at afcon.

He will still be fielding, the Oyibo "crumbling wall" and fielding Simon and Collins in some weird formation in the playoffs, with the "experienced" Ighalo waiting on the bench to be his joker.
VE trust me A LOT will change after the AFCON, if Rohr retains his job, then he should expect NFF to force very strict standards and expectations for him, player selection will be affected, and certain players who are his "favorites" will get the hot seat treatment.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:07 am
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:00 am Tobi17 you are hoping that Rohr gets fired.

VE trust me A LOT will change after the AFCON, if Rohr retains his job, then he should expect NFF to force very strict standards and expectations for him, player selection will be affected, and certain players who are his "favorites" will get the hot seat treatment.

and you think these are Rohr's "favorites" and not the NFF's ?

Is Musa a favorite of Rohr or the NFF ? How about Shehu ?

Was Ighalo really all on Rohr, or is the NFF involved in that one as well ?

Maybe Collins, Troost and Simon are Rohr favorites.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

We are getting Ghana, folks
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Egypt
Ghana
Cameroon
Mali
Congo DR
I don't want Egypt & Ghana for several reasons, but the remaining three (Cameroon, Mali & Congo DR), bring them on
Why not? Are you scared of facing any of the teams? If scared, then we are not ready for world-cup games.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Egypt
Ghana
Cameroon
Mali
Congo DR
I don't want Egypt & Ghana for several reasons, but the remaining three (Cameroon, Mali & Congo DR), bring them on

Hold a minute! We played Cameroon twice this Summer and lost? In what tournament was it?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:02 am give us Egypt, ghana, les lions, e no matter .. the playoffs are going to be pretty cagey
Hmm, wahala dey-oo! I am scared for us in advance. Lord have mercy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

When is the third-round draw?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Odas wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:28 am

Egypt
Ghana
Cameroon
Mali
Congo DR

Hold a minute! We played Cameroon twice this Summer and lost? In what tournament was it?
Friendlies. Lost the first game 1-0 and drew the second 0-0. But they were the better team in both games.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Lolly wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:41 am
Odas wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:28 am

Egypt
Ghana
Cameroon
Mali
Congo DR

Friendlies. Lost the first game 1-0 and drew the second 0-0. But they were the better team in both games.
Wow, really? I wonder what happened to me to have missed the games. However, we didn't lose both games like Vancity Eagle wrote.

Anyway, thx for the information, Lolly
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:10 am When is the third-round draw?
December 18th
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger