Akpeyi saved us...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Akpeyi saved us...

Post by Enugu II »

Robbynice wrote:...Today. The massive save he made from what could have resulted in an own goal when we were down 1-2 was the difference between winning and losing today. Simply put Akpeyi made it count today. He is the undisputed one number goalkeeper of the team in Egypt. Thanks to you Akpeyi and the whole team for the massive victory today.
KPOM. That save was HUGE!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cito wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Cito wrote:
Robbynice wrote:...Today. The massive save he made from what could have resulted in an own goal when we were down 1-2 was the difference between winning and losing today. Simply put Akpeyi made it count today. He is the undisputed one number goalkeeper of the team in Egypt. Thanks to you Akpeyi and the whole team for the massive victory today.
Preach brother.

Afterwards though, is there a way to cast the spirit of jitteriness from him. Man loves to ruin a good episode with some moves that makes one tinkle a little in their brief. I will give him a 6.5 rating for today. First goal he should have called out Omeruo. Second goal was in no way his fault.
That first goal was all Omeruo. His man beat him and that happen sometimes. But Akpeyi was not at fault on that goal today.
First goal was on Omeuro (and to a lesser extent Awaziem for allowing the cross), second goal was on a combination of Omeuro (missing the header he went in for), Aina being beaten for pace by Clinton Njie and shrugged off like a rag doll, and Akpereyi being beaten at the near post. Increasing order of culpability Omeuro, Akepyi, Aina.
You forgot the man who did absolutely nothing on both goals. Ekong! He didn’t cover himself with glory all day today. No where to be found on any major incident. Always at the wrong end of the screen where he shouldn’t be. He was not up to the races at all today. Come to think of it. He has been this bad all competition.
I won't fault Ekong though he did have an average game. Omeuro had the inside position to cut out the cross but he didn't. Ekong didn't have position.

On the second goal, Aina is the one that should've kept pressure on Njie, but he got beat so Ekong was caught between staying home with his man and closing in on Njie. Had he left his man and closed in earlier I'm guessing Njie would've passed to the open striker who would've been one on one with Akpeyi.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

He made the save but there are still warning signs. The misjudged cross that led to Ekong smashing the ball into Omeruo. Trying to knee a ball and it slightly ricocheting. The guy is a bag of nerves. We need to start a hunt for somebody else. He is a number 3 at best.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The punch out of the cross at the end of the game was very important also.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

airwolex wrote:He made the save but there are still warning signs. The misjudged cross that led to Ekong smashing the ball into Omeruo. Trying to knee a ball and it slightly ricocheting. The guy is a bag of nerves. We need to start a hunt for somebody else. He is a number 3 at best.
He is the best we have in Egypt, fact not feelings!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ojafranpa wrote:Real comedy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nohing wey Akpeyi go do go ever sweet una belle.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

9jaMan wrote:
Zelex wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you imagine? :rotf: :rotf:
There was nothing "special" or match winning about Akpeyi's performance. We could pull up a critical defensive block/tackle by certain individuals etc during the game that "saved us". He wasn't at fault for any of the goals but a decent GK would have probably saved the 2nd. Akpeyi does not inspire confidence in goal, thats just my opinion though.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Zelex wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

There was nothing "special" or match winning about Akpeyi's performance. We could pull up a critical defensive block/tackle by certain individuals etc during the game that "saved us". He wasn't at fault for any of the goals but a decent GK would have probably saved the 2nd. Akpeyi does not inspire confidence in goal, thats just my opinion though.
A 1 v 1. You would have to be fortunate to save that. I wonder why Onana did not save the 1 v 1 that he also faced? Is he not decent? Bottomline is none of the two goals could be blamed on Akpeyi. He is certainly not an Enyeama. I get that. However, he is adequate and not inferior to the two guys on the bench behind him. That is all we have, folks. No Enyeama, that is the reality.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Enugu II wrote:
Zelex wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

A 1 v 1. You would have to be fortunate to save that. I wonder why Onana did not save the 1 v 1 that he also faced? Is he not decent? Bottomline is none of the two goals could be blamed on Akpeyi. He is certainly not an Enyeama. I get that. However, he is adequate and not inferior to the two guys on the bench behind him. That is all we have, folks. No Enyeama, that is the reality.
Onana should have saved his 1 v 1 also (although I think it was clever by Iwobi to let ball run across his body and finish on his first touch). I still feel the same on the 2nd goal, it came through his near post. I don't think many disagree that Akpeyi may be the best keeper among the squad. Most are just stating that he doesn't inspire confidence.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Enyeama spoil us no be small. for nearly 15 years, goalie was a settled question
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Zelex wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Zelex wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Onana should have saved his 1 v 1 also (although I think it was clever by Iwobi to let ball run across his body and finish on his first touch). I still feel the same on the 2nd goal, it came through his near post. I don't think many disagree that Akpeyi may be the best keeper among the squad. Most are just stating that he doesn't inspire confidence.
I definitely agree on the highlighted. I just hope we can continue to chuck on even with that problem.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Robbynice wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Robby stop this robbish
I lie?
You lie. Say ya confessions for church today :rotf: :rotf:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Amen
Egg
Egg

Post by Amen »

When we are grateful that our keeper can punch out a cross, stop a ricochet off a team mate and occasionally find a target on his goal kicks.... I think we the fans are being very gracious. Watch the Egyptian keeper, even in defeat, blameless. Those were first class SAVES he made. Our keeper is expected to save the team from loss even when the outfield players are at fault. He is not expected to add to the palava or stress.
The defense is not there to hide his short comings... it is actually the reverse.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Amen wrote:When we are grateful that our keeper can punch out a cross, stop a ricochet off a team mate and occasionally find a target on his goal kicks.... I think we the fans are being very gracious. Watch the Egyptian keeper, even in defeat, blameless. Those were first class SAVES he made. Our keeper is expected to save the team from loss even when the outfield players are at fault. He is not expected to add to the palava or stress.
The defense is not there to hide his short comings... it is actually the reverse.
Please come again... :???:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:
KPOM. That save was HUGE!!
:clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

airwolex wrote:He made the save but there are still warning signs. The misjudged cross that led to Ekong smashing the ball into Omeruo. Trying to knee a ball and it slightly ricocheting. The guy is a bag of nerves. We need to start a hunt for somebody else. He is a number 3 at best.
Bro, being honest and admitting that he did very well in keeping us in the game, does not mean that we are saying he should remain our goalkeeper or even remain on the team, after the nations cup.

The same way, one points out his failings, one should also point out when he does well.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Amen wrote:When we are grateful that our keeper can punch out a cross, stop a ricochet off a team mate and occasionally find a target on his goal kicks.... I think we the fans are being very gracious. Watch the Egyptian keeper, even in defeat, blameless. Those were first class SAVES he made. Our keeper is expected to save the team from loss even when the outfield players are at fault. He is not expected to add to the palava or stress.

KPOM.

This shrining of akpeyi is one of the most disgusting things I have ever witnessd on CE.

I have been here for a long time.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

danfo driver wrote:
Bro, being honest and admitting that he did very well in keeping us in the game, does not mean that we are saying he should remain our goalkeeper or even remain on the team, after the nations cup.

The same way, one points out his failings, one should also point out when he does well.
what did he do well ?

He nearly caused an own goal because of his uselessness.

Every single game he does something really , really stupid. That is just not acceptable for a goalkeeper.

because the opposing team does not capitalize does not mean he should be let off the hook, because sooner or later the opposition will pounce on his uselessness, and we will have to say "i told you so"
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Kpom. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

In rewatched the game last night and I agree with you on that reflex save by Akpeyi. That said, the bobo doesn’t fill me with confidence but in fairness to him, neither do the other options. So na to manage and support the brother.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

green4life wrote:

I rewatched the game last night and I agree with you on that reflex save by Akpeyi. That said, the bobo doesn’t fill me with confidence but in fairness to him, neither do the other options. So na to manage and support the brother.
:clap: :clap: :clap: sadly
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

green4life wrote:
In rewatched the game last night and I agree with you on that reflex save by Akpeyi. That said, the bobo doesn’t fill me with confidence but in fairness to him, neither do the other options. So na to manage and support the brother.
:D
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯