Akpeyi saved us...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Akpeyi saved us...

Post by theYemster »

How far with the young Arsenal goalie, Arthur Okonkwo? Has the NFA started working on him or are they waiting for him to blow up for England to come calling before they make a move?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Akpeyi, what a performance today against South Africa. You and awon boys are appreciated. :clap: :clap: :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Robbynice wrote:Akpeyi, what a performance today against South Africa. You and awon boys are appreciated. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yeah men, Arsenal hope you watched Akpeyi today?
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I want to once again on behalf of myself and members of this forum appreciate Akpeyi for a job well done so far in the tournament. He is the most scrutinized player on the team yet all he does is make it count for the nation. We appreciate you bro. Keep doing your thing and continue to silence your critics both on and off the green grass. :clap: :clap: :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Robbynice wrote:Akpeyi, what a performance today against South Africa. You and awon boys are appreciated. :clap: :clap: :clap:
:sad: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Robby is just trying to be positive.

What i saw was a nervous wreck on the field. But there is something to be said about his distribution. He knows when to hit it high and long and when to put a spin on the ball or hit it on the side for a more flatter lower kick. Granted, not all came off but i feel he is better at that than the other 3.

I tell u who i miss....Ikeme!!! He did the work just as well as Vincent but with much less drama.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:
:sad: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ugbowo wrote:Robby is just trying to be positive.

What i saw was a nervous wreck on the field. But there is something to be said about his distribution. He knows when to hit it high and long and when to put a spin on the ball or hit it on the side for a more flatter lower kick. Granted, not all came off but i feel he is better at that than the other 3.

I tell u who i miss....Ikeme!!! He did the work just as well as Vincent but with much less drama.
:clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

That Akpeyi had zero sense on positional play. This fella was so off when SA had the VAR goal...my goodness
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Akpeyi is like pure water. No flavor but necessary to life.
I know many would have prefered a dramatic GK, but he is all we got.
Bad belle aside, he is the best goalie in camp.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Robby, with only 10 mins into the Algeria match, I am seriously questioning whether your head dey house at all.
Akpeyi is a waste of space
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

jdizzy wrote:Robby, with only 10 mins into the Algeria match, I am seriously questioning whether your head dey house at all.
Akpeyi is a waste of space
Don't allow feelings becloud your judgement. Consider the facts. :)
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

:clap:
Akpeyi put in a good shift. The point blank save was enough for me. Apparently there is a reason why he got the position Kaiser Chiefs.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Kneedeep wrote::clap:
Akpeyi put in a good shift. The point blank save was enough for me. Apparently there is a reason why he got the position Kaiser Chiefs.
Akpeyi was good today,....... Could be better but still did his job well today.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Kneedeep wrote::clap:
Credit for the save (even though the striker played the ball directly at him) but the guy is rubbish. He made a lot of blunders in that match that should've easily been punished.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

I come from the mindset that every player comes do their best in the GWG. Akpeyi did his best and "tried". However, he lacks several aspects that makes one a decent goalkeeper (command of the box, positioning, decision making). He had a OK tournament but wouldn't want him to be the starting GK for the SE.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

You cannot give more than you have and sadly Akpeyi doesn’t have much of anything to work with. He did his best throughout but his best is closer to incompetence than average. The ability is just not there with rookie errors the norm game in, game out. Anyway, he tried his best. God bless him and thanks for your service to your country.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

green4life wrote:You cannot give more than you have and sadly Akpeyi doesn’t have much of anything to work with. He did his best throughout but his best is closer to incompetence than average. The ability is just not there with rookie errors the norm game in, game out. Anyway, he tried his best. God bless him and thanks for your service to your country.
This is exactly how I feel.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

green4life wrote:You cannot give more than you have and sadly Akpeyi doesn’t have much of anything to work with. He did his best throughout but his best is closer to incompetence than average. The ability is just not there with rookie errors the norm game in, game out. Anyway, he tried his best. God bless him and thanks for your service to your country.
True.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *