Rohr Reveals The Real Reason Chukwueze Did Not Start

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr Reveals The Real Reason Chukwueze Did Not Start

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Schillachi wrote:
deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:It doesn’t compute. I did not see any defensive mastery from Simon throughout that game. All I saw was a guy to whose legs many promising attacking opportunities go to die.

Rohr is simply saying that because Simon plays 3-5-2 in his club, he’s necessarily better than Chukwueze on defense. There is no on-field corroboration of this…at least to us the fans. Where are Simon’s tackles or dispossessions? His petite stature also makes him easy prey….he would be better off on offense where his speed (which is now looking more in the past than the present) can unsettle a defender.

And also, how defensive does Rohr want to exactly be? We have 2 defensive mids for goodness sake, and 4 defenders to boot. I mean, at some point you have to accept that soccer is about offensive AND defensive duties. We can’t just simply stack our team with quasi-defenders. We were playing Cameroun…a team that was known for offensive frailty…what exactly was so Messi-like about Oyongo that we would keep our best right-sided offensive player on the bench? What would he do if we were playing Mbappe? Play 11 defenders??? I mean, you can kuku replace Ighalo with Leon Balogun too and make the same argument.

This is why our team struggles to score…cause Rohr doesn’t build it to score. It’s all theoretical stuff from this our overly cautious coach.

I like the man for the most part, but there are some things about his approach that are infuriating.
Aight, you wildin, go and rewatch the game, how many times he helped Awaziem defensively. He's better than Samu at that, that shouldn't even be a discussion. And this whole plays went to die at his feet is very unfair, he rarely just lost the ball like Samu did, he would usually do something decisive (you may not have agreed with it), either cross, pass, shoot. That said, I don't mind either one starting, but I know which I'd prefer to come in and change a game and its not Simon. So because of that I'm fine with Simon starting with the option of Samu coming in to change things if they are not going well offensively.
You tell me!! Adjusted for time on the field (which is 2:1 in favor of Simon), can you definitively say Simon helped Awaziem defensively more than Samu did???? You cannot. Bring the stats

Simon is a non-factor defensively. Not bad, but not worth holding back a much better offensive player.
I hope both of you have rewatched the game before engaging in these kinds of debates. You cannot depend on your memory from the live game to make analysis like this
I watched and rewatched, but ultimately, this is a question of statistics. It is difficult to say when a player is tracking back if they're not in the frame of the camera. And sometimes, one may not even be able to identify said player. Even Ighalo tracked back...so its better to use tackles, dispossessions and blocks. I saw none from Simon.

My contention remains that no one can show me any proof that Simon defends more than Chukwueze beyond what Rohr is saying. And even Rohr is over there saying that its based on Simon playing 3-5-2 at his club.
When I get a chance I'll review the game again, but you should also review the previous games not just this one.
When Pinnick decide to add my name to the people weyn chop $20,000, I go follow you dey review 4 matches again. Thunda faya you. You must think say I no get work to do…make I stay there dey rewatch 4 games like technical analyst, all to prove what? What I saw the first time I watched it? :rotf:

Abeg, I believe this strongly. I watched the games for fun and I’m convinced, but I am not going to go watch the games again to win a cyber-debate...that I still no go win, because una head too strong
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet