Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Omeruo, Awaziem tested for dope?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

On July 7, 20198:17 pmIn Sports, Trendingby Victor Ogunyinka

Super Eagles duo of Kenneth Omeruo and Chidozie Awaziem were picked after the Nigeria-Cameroon match on Saturday for a random dope test.

Super Eagles defender, Kenneth Omeruo
Both players who did not return to their hotel in Alexandria with other players were selected for the dope test as is the usual practice after such matches.

On their return from the dope centre, a few reporters met them at the entrance of their hotel as they alighted from the vehicle which brought them with the Super Eagles medical team.

Asked who he prefers to meet in the quarter final between Egypt and South Africa, while the encounter between the two teams was still going on, Omeruo just shrugged it with a smile as he sauntered into the hotel.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/07/nig ... -for-dope/
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Omeruo, Awaziem tested for dope?

Post by danfo driver »

Not surprised. With their poor performance, especially on the first goal, its enough to suspect that they were both on cocaine.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:Not surprised. With their poor performance, especially on the first goal, its enough to suspect that they were both on cocaine.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I hope they both passed the test. If so, my praise to them and congratulations to all of us.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:Not surprised. With their poor performance, especially on the first goal, its enough to suspect that they were both on cocaine.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:

comedy. :taunt:

African are backwards, they should have tested Ighalo, instead. He all of a sudden became more cerebral with his play when he passed to Iwobi. Perhaps his lucidness was amphetamine induced.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Omeruo, Awaziem tested for dope?

On July 7, 20198:17 pmIn Sports, Trendingby Victor Ogunyinka

Super Eagles duo of Kenneth Omeruo and Chidozie Awaziem were picked after the Nigeria-Cameroon match on Saturday for a random dope test.

Super Eagles defender, Kenneth Omeruo
Both players who did not return to their hotel in Alexandria with other players were selected for the dope test as is the usual practice after such matches.

On their return from the dope centre, a few reporters met them at the entrance of their hotel as they alighted from the vehicle which brought them with the Super Eagles medical team.

Asked who he prefers to meet in the quarter final between Egypt and South Africa, while the encounter between the two teams was still going on, Omeruo just shrugged it with a smile as he sauntered into the hotel.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/07/nig ... -for-dope/

I thought you are a pharmacist, why is this news worthy, is it not standard to randomly drug-test players?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:

African are backwards, they should have tested Ighalo, instead. He all of a sudden became more cerebral with his play when he passed to Iwobi. Perhaps his lucidness was amphetamine induced.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think doping test is done by a “draw-like” selection? As in they pick players randomly and not by performance? I may be wrong sha
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

It's routine random drug test.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think doping test is done by a “draw-like” selection? As in they pick players randomly and not by performance? I may be wrong sha

You are correct. Its randomly done, hence not news worthy.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Na Rohr them for test first
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

jette1 wrote:

:agree:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ANC wrote:
jette1 wrote:

:agree:
Wifey possibly slipped something in his drink night before which made him select that line-up that lost to his wifey brothers
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Is this even news? What a lazy journalist. He needs to be tested for drugs himself for writing such a useless report on a routine Fifa endorsed test happens everyday in football. Whoever paid for his trip to Egypt should demand a refund of the flight tickets and buy him a drug test.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Is this even news? What a lazy journalist. He needs to be tested for drugs himself for writing such a useless report on a routine Fifa endorsed test happens everyday in football. Whoever paid for his trip to Egypt should demand a refund of the flight tickets and buy him a drug test.
:lol:
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

I remember after the Match between Nigeria and Argentina at 1994 WC , Amokaci and Maradona were tested for dope, and Maradona test was positive.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt