My formal apology to all Nigerians/Super Eagles fans

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: My formal apology to all Nigerians/Super Eagles fans

Post by highbury »

Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Rubbish thread
Little b$#%^ boy, go get a girlfriend already
Bigpork is a boy. He may look like a man but he is a boy at heart and thought. He has no girlfriend. I am certain of that. He doesn't even have any illegitimate children. Rather than looking for a job to at least supports his parents, he floods CE yarning Rubbish, picking up fights, calling names. If that is not a child I don't know what it is. Yeah yea boy. He probably spends the other times watching video games. Even if he has a job which I highly doubt, it must be some odd job where he uses company WiFi to cheat his employer by flooding CE.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

One of the top emerging sports writers specializing in African football.

He writes for ESPN and goal.com

Odas wrote:
YUJAM wrote:The famous Ed Dove himself. I bow O.

http://www.eddydove.com/
Who is this guy? Never hard of him before.

Ok, I want kegs of 'fresh' Palm-wine and all will be forgive. I need them immediately after our game with South Africa.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

First have to officially change your name to Eddy Dovebrayé :sleep:
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

highbury wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpork is a boy. He may look like a man but he is a boy at heart and thought. He has no girlfriend. I am certain of that. He doesn't even have any illegitimate children. Rather than looking for a job to at least supports his parents, he floods CE yarning Rubbish, picking up fights, calling names. If that is not a child I don't know what it is. Yeah yea boy. He probably spends the other times watching video games. Even if he has a job which I highly doubt, it must be some odd job where he uses company WiFi to cheat his employer by flooding CE.
Kids, settle down. Don't mess up this thread. The OP writes for ESPN, you people are embarrassing CE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Ed Dove,

We understand. You are in the company of highly addicted and obsessed folks who can't leave the SE alone. For proof, just check on the mania display on every match threads on CE. One minute it is "may thunder strike Iwobi dead this minute", next minute "I just loooove Alex Iwobi!". Some like me have been addicted since the mid 70s and just won't let go.

Welcome back. You are one of us.

Up Super Eagleeeees!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

YUJAM wrote:One of the top emerging sports writers specializing in African football.

Odas wrote:

Who is this guy? Never hard of him before.

Ok, I want kegs of 'fresh' Palm-wine and all will be forgive. I need them immediately after our game with South Africa.
You can also follow him on Twittter.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

highbury wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
:rotf: Fatpokey don suffer
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

YUJAM wrote:One of the top emerging sports writers specializing in African football.

Odas wrote:

Who is this guy? Never heard of him before.

Ok, I want kegs of 'fresh' Palm-wine and all will be forgiven. I need them immediately after our game with South Africa.
Thanks, Yujam!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

cchinukw wrote:

Odas wrote:

Who is this guy? Never heard of him before.

Ok, I want kegs of 'fresh' Palm-wine and all will be forgiven. I need them immediately after our game with South Africa.
You can also follow him on Twittter.
Thx for the info, bro!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tobi17 wrote:
highbury wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ed, quoting scriptures? You might as well blame the devil for your away games with other teams :tic: :)
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

kajifu wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
highbury wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

waka-man wrote:
Eddydove wrote:The hardest thing I've ever had to say...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzp7F18gkGt/

There may come a time in any man’s life when he must realise his mistake, hold his hands up, and admit to the world he was wrong.
There comes a time when a man must swallow his pride, get down on his knees, and beg for forgiveness.
My beloved Nigeria, my darling Super Eagles, please take me back.
I know that these last weeks I’ve been unfaithful, I’ve been distracted, I’ve been swayed.
I know I haven’t honoured those vows we made together in 1994, in Tunis, in Dallas, in Athens in 1996.
But the love never left me.
I know I was distracted by Morocco, by their sexy football, those erudite journalists, by Herve Renard and those tight white perfectly pressed shirts
I know I was swayed by the DRC, by their flamboyance, their melodic anthem, the long-limbed elegance of their supporters.
I wasn’t thinking clearly.
It’s not you, I promise, it’s me.
I was a lover who strayed, I admit.
I didn’t tell you enough what you meant to me, I didn’t show my love, I didn’t let you know how grateful I was to have you in my life.
I know you’re no longer the same as when I fell in love with you back in 1994. Gernot Rohr doesn’t set the pulse racing as at the beginning of our relationship, admittedly.
Once upon a time you were spontaneous, exuberant, and I vowed to name my first born—boy or girl—Vincent Enyeama Dove. We celebrated Sunday Mba together, Sunday Oliseh, even Shola Ameobi…
We are both older now; more staid, less defensively organised, less exciting going forward, we were defeated by Madagascar, that was bad, but my love has not diminished.
It’s ok to be angry, and I understand if you don’t want me back.
But we made it work in the past, through failure to qualify in 2015, failure to qualify in 2017, that late, late goal against Argentina, and I know we can make it work again.
Morocco and Congo were the leaves on the trees of my love, but you, Nigeria, are the roots.
Love is patient.
Love is kind.
Love never fails.
Please take me back.
The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain.
To serve with heart and might.
One nation bound in freedom, peace, and unity.
Though tribe and tongue may differ, In brotherhood we stand
I’m sorry. Please forgive me.

Nnamdi Olusegun Yar'Dove
All is forgiven
No, not yet.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Ed, as a High Chief and Obong, I welcome your thoughtful poem of remorse. However, you must fulfill the natural traditional rites. Therefore, we will accept the following in good faith:

1. A male cow
2. A female goat
3. Six cocks
4. Five tubers of yam
5. Three kegs of palmwine
6. Two bunches of kolanut
7. A handfull of alligator pepper
8. Two sticks of dried fish
9. N10,000 in all the Nigerian denominations
10. $1.00 token (representing our diaspora legion)

:) :D
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Obong wrote:Ed, as a High Chief and Obong, I welcome your thoughtful poem of remorse. However, you must fulfill the natural traditional rites. Therefore, we will accept the following in good faith:

1. A male cow
2. A female goat
3. Six cocks
4. Five tubers of yam
5. Three kegs of palmwine
6. Two bunches of kolanut
7. A handfull of alligator pepper
8. Two sticks of dried fish
9. N10,000 in all the Nigerian denominations
10. $1.00 token (representing our diaspora legion)

:) :D
The Naira part off me mehn... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Eddydove wrote:The hardest thing I've ever had to say...

There may come a time in any man’s life when he must realise his mistake, hold his hands up, and admit to the world he was wrong.
There comes a time when a man must swallow his pride, get down on his knees, and beg for forgiveness.
My beloved Nigeria, my darling Super Eagles, please take me back.
I know that these last weeks I’ve been unfaithful, I’ve been distracted, I’ve been swayed.
I know I haven’t honoured those vows we made together in 1994, in Tunis, in Dallas, in Athens in 1996.
But the love never left me.
I know I was distracted by Morocco, by their sexy football, those erudite journalists, by Herve Renard and those tight white perfectly pressed shirts
I know I was swayed by the DRC, by their flamboyance, their melodic anthem, the long-limbed elegance of their supporters.
I wasn’t thinking clearly.
It’s not you, I promise, it’s me.
I was a lover who strayed, I admit.
I didn’t tell you enough what you meant to me, I didn’t show my love, I didn’t let you know how grateful I was to have you in my life.
I know you’re no longer the same as when I fell in love with you back in 1994. Gernot Rohr doesn’t set the pulse racing as at the beginning of our relationship, admittedly.
Once upon a time you were spontaneous, exuberant, and I vowed to name my first born—boy or girl—Vincent Enyeama Dove. We celebrated Sunday Mba together, Sunday Oliseh, even Shola Ameobi…
We are both older now; more staid, less defensively organised, less exciting going forward, we were defeated by Madagascar, that was bad, but my love has not diminished.
It’s ok to be angry, and I understand if you don’t want me back.
But we made it work in the past, through failure to qualify in 2015, failure to qualify in 2017, that late, late goal against Argentina, and I know we can make it work again.
Morocco and Congo were the leaves on the trees of my love, but you, Nigeria, are the roots.
Love is patient.
Love is kind.
Love never fails.
Please take me back.
The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain.
To serve with heart and might.
One nation bound in freedom, peace, and unity.
Though tribe and tongue may differ, In brotherhood we stand
I’m sorry. Please forgive me.

Nnamdi Olusegun Yar'Dove
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Mr. Dovel; mmmm sorry, Yara'Dove: You are so funny. Welcome back. Don't stray next time. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

No way!

We won when he was gone. He should stay gone!

These South Africans will try everything to jinx us.

He can apply after we carry the cup drink Palm Wine!

Cmoke
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Never heard of him.
So one of us left to go cheat on the Super Eagles with some Atlas babes while dancing to Congo music, now he is done and wants to come back home and all of a sudden we should welcome him with open arms....Heck No!

He must bring some Atlas babes for me to sample first before i forgive him :tongue:
Peter Obi For President 2023
Eddydove
Egg
Egg

Post by Eddydove »

Apologies to those who replied to this thread who I didn't reply to individually or on a personal level.

In answer to many of your questions, yes, I have dated a Nigerian woman.

She was Urhobo, had the most beautiful voice you could imagine, dressed like a goddess, and used to make my day every morning when I saw her for breakfast, and every evening when we said goodnight.

I never knew if she liked me just because my first name reminded her of the Edo tribe - who hold a close affinity with the Urhobo people - or if it was love.

She criticised me occasionally, she didn't like the way I dressed, and I had demands which I could meet - Lord knows I tried - but our connection was beautiful, delicate, and cultivated like a faded yellow Costus spectabilis.

She was hospitable, caring, and she talked lovingly of jollof non-stop. I often wonder how things could have worked out different for us both, and how our children, Edeki Dove, Oghenetega Dove, and Ovie Dove, would have looked.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eddydove wrote:Apologies to those who replied to this thread who I didn't reply to individually or on a personal level.

She was Urhobo, had the most beautiful voice you could imagine, dressed like a goddess, and used to make my day every morning when I saw her for breakfast, and every evening when we said goodnight.

I never knew if she liked me just because my first name reminded her of the Edo tribe - who hold a close affinity with the Urhobo people - or if it was love.

She criticised me occasionally, she didn't like the way I dressed, and I had demands which I could meet - Lord knows I tried - but our connection was beautiful, delicate, and cultivated like a faded yellow Costus spectabilis.

She was hospitable, caring, and she talked lovingly of jollof non-stop. I often wonder how things could have worked out different for us both, and how our children, Edeki Dove, Oghenetega Dove, and Ovie Dove, would have looked.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ok, this was good
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Eddydove wrote:Apologies to those who replied to this thread who I didn't reply to individually or on a personal level.

:D :D :clap: :clap:
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."