I am worried too

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
I am worried too

Post by Sir V »

Sunday Oliseh is also wary of the opponent's stamina but thinks Nigeria's mental toughness will give the Eagles the edge and see them through. He shared via Twitter: " the team has regained their rhythm and displayed a strong mentality to defeat Cameroon."
Meanwhile, Jay Jay Okocha is worried about the speed at which the South Africans play. Especially worrisome for him are the pair Percy Tau and Thembinkosi Lorch. Nigerians already know Tau and he is afraid Lorch may introduce himself to the Nigerian fans in a most painful and cruel way.
Segun Odegbami on tv talked about the physiological advantage being on the side of the southerners and he is true
http://awarenessng.com/news/details/492 ... HGy6K-nlDU
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: I am worried too

Post by Damunk »

Sir V wrote:
Sunday Oliseh is also wary of the opponent's stamina but thinks Nigeria's mental toughness will give the Eagles the edge and see them through. He shared via Twitter: " the team has regained their rhythm and displayed a strong mentality to defeat Cameroon."
Meanwhile, Jay Jay Okocha is worried about the speed at which the South Africans play. Especially worrisome for him are the pair Percy Tau and Thembinkosi Lorch. Nigerians already know Tau and he is afraid Lorch may introduce himself to the Nigerian fans in a most painful and cruel way.
Segun Odegbami on tv talked about the physiological advantage being on the side of the southerners and he is true
Sir V, links please.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Yall should learn to replace the word worry with concerned....

On another note ...the fact SA collected 4 points from Rohr, will expose him as a limited tactician....no LC ever lost to SA in a competitive match..rohr is limited vs Southern African teams...he has no clue....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sir V wrote:
While it is understandable that they are all worried, let us also understand that South Africa lost two games already and barely made it into last 16 as the final third placed team. The game will be tough but we do have advantages as well.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

This is where Rohr needs to prove his tactical mettle I'm afraid.

We shall see.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Y'all should stop acting like wussies, we are fuccking Nigeria and we rise above adversity. Our path to the final couldn't be more assured, and it's only Nigeria that can upset Nigeria at these point... yes South Africa is a team that has suddenly become a stubborn wife that wants a divorce, but we will always have that psychological edge over them inspite of that... and is what that counts when we meet tomorrow. It's left for the boys to leave it all on the pitch, and prove why the Southies will always be our concubines when it matters(they escaped a revenge beating in the return leg at J'burg due to dodgy officiating, these time there will be no hiding place thanks to VAR) I SAY BRING IT ON.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Nigeria will beat South Africa.
We are far too superior to them.
Hopefully the referee and VAR will punish South Africa for the rough tackles they will mete out as they always do.
South Africa have a deep fear for the Super Eagles.
2-0 in my opinion.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

cchinukw wrote:This is where Rohr needs to prove his tactical mettle I'm afraid.

We shall see.
Rohr will have to perform magic before you give him his due respect.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

They can worry all the want. Ighalo does not seem worried. As long as he and the rest of the team are not worried, anyone else can worry all he wants. My worry is which airline we are going to use to carry the cup back home!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I am not worried. I am a bit arrogant because of one of my favorite players, the best defensive midfielder in Africa and statistically proven to be the best defensive midfielder in the EPL. His movement in tracking down opponents runs is second to none. Watch him SOLELY during a game and you'll notice how he picks out those runs and shuts down the runner or at least, assist the wing back in closing down spaces.

If Rohr isnt conservative and trusts in Ndidi, as well as Etebo's aggression, then the South Africans will spend more time trying to stop Chukwueze, Musa and Iwobi.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Chukwueze, Aina and Ighalo did not play in the first or second leg
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

There really is nothing to fear. We are only having this chat because Egypt froze. SA are not an ordinary team; they are less than that.
The Eagles have far too much power in the middle of the park, and far too much hustle up front for SA over 90 mins.
3-1 to the Eagles.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I respect their strengths and they will have to respect ours as well, as none of them can keep up with Musa when he's in the mood. We have good wingers and Iwobi can pick a pass, Etebo and Ndidi are no slouch in midfield, our backline can be stronger but is pretty good. And hopefully Akpeyi doesn't make any errors.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

waka-man wrote:There really is nothing to fear. We are only having this chat because Egypt froze. SA are not an ordinary team; they are less than that.
The Eagles have far too much power in the middle of the park, and far too much hustle up front for SA over 90 mins.
3-1 to the Eagles.
Egypt did not freeze. They were beaten fair & square by a South African side that came to play.

Having said that , I think the Super Eagles will carry the day. I would have been cocky about it with a bold prediction if we did not have the frightening combo of Omeruo & Akpeyi at the back, with Rohr on the sidelines.

If those 2 (Omeruo & Akpeyi) do not give away gifts, & Rohr is not ultra conservative, SE should win.

Personally I'd have gone for a 3-5-2 with Awaziem moving to the middle & Aina to the left, but we have no idea if Collins has fully recovered.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

A lot of South Africans are saying Musa and Ighalo are our most feared and dangerous players (so you can expect those two to be heavily marked), little do they know we have our secret weapon, our ace card in Chukwueze ready to come on and do some damage.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

nzeogwu wrote:Chukwueze, Aina and Ighalo did not play in the first or second leg
Aina played in the first leg against South Africa. That game and the Algeria game were the games that got him dropped from the WC squad. He wasn't very good in either game. I like the way he bounced back and basically made himself one of the top choice players for Nigeria! That's how it should be. I don't like players who has had more that once chance and are still waiting for the coach to give him one chance. If Onyekuru, Nwakali, and co have taken their chances, no amount of bad attitude by them would have kept them off the starting line up.

We need more players like Aina. That's how Yobo, Udeze, Taye Taiwo, Ndidi, and now Chukwueze became starters for Nigeria! One shot and they put their stamp on the position to where no one could take it away from them again.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

1naija wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:Chukwueze, Aina and Ighalo did not play in the first or second leg
Aina played in the first leg against South Africa. That game and the Algeria game were the games that got him dropped from the WC squad. He wasn't very good in either game. I like the way he bounced back and basically made himself one of the top choice players for Nigeria! That's how it should be. I don't like players who has had more that once chance and are still waiting for the coach to give him one chance. If Onyekuru, Nwakali, and co have taken their chances, no amount of bad attitude by them would have kept them off the starting line up.

We need more players like Aina. That's how Yobo, Udeze, Taye Taiwo, Ndidi, and now Chukwueze became starters for Nigeria! One shot and they put their stamp on the position to where no one could take it away from them again.
Uncle. We will assume it is old age, as you're not a liar.

Uncle Elderson played that game and caused the first goal. I was in the stadium. Ekong, Awaziem & I think Shehu, were the other defenders.

Onazi & Ndidi were in the middle. Nacho had a stinker. Iwobi also played.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

i am worried too and it will be really sad if we lose to SA- our boys need to turn up big time and play
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

truetalk wrote:
1naija wrote:

Uncle. We will assume it is old age, as you're not a liar.

Uncle Elderson played that game and caused the first goal. I was in the stadium. Ekong, Awaziem & I think Shehu, were the other defenders.

Onazi & Ndidi were in the middle. Nacho had a stinker. Iwobi also played.
Uncle, how business? :D You are right, he didn't play in the SA game. He did do a poor job against Algeria. But my point was that, he bounced back and is now a permanent starter for the SE.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Nigeria vs Madagascar final
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:
Sir V wrote:
While it is understandable that they are all worried, let us also understand that South Africa lost two games already and barely made it into last 16 as the final third placed team. The game will be tough but we do have advantages as well.
KPAM and indeed exactly what I thought. South Africa (SA) barely made it into the next stage. Granted such does not mean much, we shouldn't be overly concerned about SA.

Yes, they are getting better and better, but so are we. Let's see what happens tomorrow. I believe we will win. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Go Eagles, make me HAPPY!
Last edited by Odas on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:They can worry all the want. Ighalo does not seem worried. As long as he and the rest of the team are not worried, anyone else can worry all he wants. My worry is which airline we are going to use to carry the cup back home!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is a good 'worry' and I am with you, bro! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Robotnik wrote:Nigeria vs Madagascar final

Then that would mean there is indeed corruption at CAF.