Rohr explains why Onyekuru, Osimhen Haven’t Started

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr explains why Onyekuru, Osimhen Haven’t Started

Post by danfo driver »

As for the incompetent pathological liar, Ram, no need to waste my time on his comments. Always going to learn like primary 2 student! Idiott!

Coaches like him disgust me. They are unimaginative and only followers, never leaders. Chukwueze is being given a chance for only one reason — he plays for a visible club and the ram knows that he can’t legitimately leave him out. After AFCON Onyekuru and Osimehn will probably move to bigger leagues, what what happens after that! All of a sudden they will have the “experience” to become starters.

First they were not working hard, now they are inexperienced and came here to learn. :lol: Pathological liar! I don’t blame him. He sees he black man as idiots, so he thinks he can say whatever he likes and the natives will eat out of his rotten palms.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

theYemster wrote:
green4life wrote:I know it’s fashionable to criticize Rohr (because quite frankly he’s an easy target who doesn’t help himself) but actually his explanation makes sense. I don’t fully agree but I see his argument especially with respect to Osimhen playing in a tournament where refs allow a lot of physical contact and hard fouls that go unpunished.
Then he shouldn't have included them in the active roster, if he only wanted them there to learn. Take them along as non playing members or he should've played them against Madagascar.

Total waste of two roster spots.

sometimes, i wonder if the roster was forced on him
Last edited by ANC on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:I know it’s fashionable to criticize Rohr (because quite frankly he’s an easy target who doesn’t help himself) but actually his explanation makes sense. I don’t fully agree but I see his argument especially with respect to Osimhen playing in a tournament where refs allow a lot of physical contact and hard fouls that go unpunished.
Give him play time so he knows what is required. The bobo plays in a league and I'm sure not all defenders he's faced are southern sorties.

He's got a squad. Rohr uses excuses to justify his rigidity. He struggles to make subs - explains why he's also reluctant to trust young new faces.
Nothing more to say.
Again its another damn thread about the legend before his time Onyekuru!!!

Do you think this is a league, where you are obligated to give playing time to young players?

You guys think he came to AFCON to give people playing time?

Is there a stupidity virus infecting CE?

There are things to criticize Rohr on, but most here are simply flailing!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

theYemster wrote:
Then he shouldn't have included them in the active roster, if he only wanted them there to learn. Take them along as non playing members or he should've played them against Madagascar.

The stupidity virus on CE strikes again!

Do you know what the meaning of a roster is?

Where does it say anywhere in the world by any coach in any tournament that you have to give everybody a chance to play?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:As for the incompetent pathological liar, Ram, no need to waste my time on his comments. Always going to learn like primary 2 student! Idiott!

Coaches like him disgust me. They are unimaginative and only followers, never leaders. Chukwueze is being given a chance for only one reason — he plays for a visible club and the ram knows that he can’t legitimately leave him out. After AFCON Onyekuru and Osimehn will probably move to bigger leagues, what what happens after that! All of a sudden they will have the “experience” to become starters.

First they were not working hard, now they are inexperienced and came here to learn. :lol: Pathological liar! I don’t blame him. He sees he black man as idiots, so he thinks he can say whatever he likes and the natives will eat out of his rotten palms.
The biggest criticism of Rohr is in his limited imagination.

Every other criticism is largely invalid...

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Lame crooks and shameless criminals are angry lamo rohr will definitely continue as super eagles manager until 2022 world cup is over. You criminals better go and find another hustle because SE is no longer a place where players bribe their way inside. As for onyekuru and osimehn their chances will come just be patient and keep working hard
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Synopsis wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Did Rohr really say all this? So they are there to learn, but he dropped the ones like Iheanacho that had already learned from the last WC...interesting

We are winning with his strategy. I bet you haven't won a play station game with your own expert strategy. :)
:rotf: I haven't played video games in years man! But that said, me and Rohr have won the exact same amount of silverware for Naija...and thats a whooping NADA!!!!!! I'll cheer his strategy when he finally wins something :taunt:
This is his first winnable tournament. Let him do his thing before you criticize and make such statement.
I don't see anything wrong with asking why he dropped Iheanacho who "learned" at the last WC just to take other players who won't be able to contribute in the tournament as they have to go through this same "learning" phase...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ANC wrote:I am sure Osihmen is more physical than Owen was in 1998
Apples and oranges comparison for 2 reasons:

1. Owen was not a target man. Rohr uses a target man who must be physical to be successful for the team.
2. Owen was established as a starter in one of the best leagues in the world at 18 years old. Osimhen has bounced from Germany to Belgium.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

COOKING SPOON wrote:“Onyekuru and Osimhen are young and they are here to learn. Musa and Ighalo are experienced so they are the ones to start
So why didn't he start Ighalo in the first game?

Rohr strikes me as someone who will try something, wait for the outcome, and then try to justify the outcome rather than the reason he did it.

He tried Onanuchi, failed; Ighalo comes in and gets the job done; and because he's "experienced" he's the one who now starts.

If Onanuchi had taken his chance then he would be starting and Ighalo's "experience" wouldn't have been enough to earn a starting place.

Truly, Rohr is a limited man.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
COOKING SPOON wrote:“Onyekuru and Osimhen are young and they are here to learn. Musa and Ighalo are experienced so they are the ones to start

Rohr strikes me as someone who will try something, wait for the outcome, and then try to justify the outcome rather than the reason he did it.

He tried Onanuchi, failed; Ighalo comes in and gets the job done; and because he's "experienced" he's the one who now starts.

If Onanuchi had taken his chance then he would be starting and Ighalo's "experience" wouldn't have been enough to earn a starting place.

The unsaid part, from the above is that if you take ur chance, you WILL start.

Every other thing is secondary...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Right. So why all this talk about "experience"? Just say Ighalo took his chances and is the top scorer in the tournament. Nobody will question that. When he starts talking about experience he just invites more questions.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Damn if you do. Damn if you don't. Had he not given the young man a chance to snatch a starting shirt, the critics will say he doesn't give the youth a chance. He has then made the switch and the switch clearly is better and more effective but now the critics are saying he's only playing because he's 'experienced'.

More evidence that there are at least 200 million coaches in Nigeria.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Damn if you do. Damn if you don't. Had he not given the young man a chance to snatch a starting shirt, the critics will say he doesn't give the youth a chance. He has then made the switch and the switch clearly is better and more effective but now the critics are saying he's only playing because he's 'experienced'.

Nope. Learn to read.

His critics aren't saying Ighalo is playing because he's 'experienced', Rohr is saying it.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Right. So why all this talk about "experience"? Just say Ighalo took his chances and is the top scorer in the tournament. Nobody will question that. When he starts talking about experience he just invites more questions.
But can you divorce experience completely from taking your chance? And in any case, is Ighalo not experienced relative to Osimhen?

I was pleasantly surprised he started Onuachu. But once Ighalo came in and delivered, the case was closed.

For all the criticism of Rohr, he has repeatedly given players a chance to prove him wrong. From a player perspective, you cannot ask for more...

My problem with him is his limited imagination...

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

When two or more players are even on output, experience becomes an important differentiating factor. So he should talk about experience because it is a valid consideration.
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

osita wrote:
COOKING SPOON wrote:
osita wrote:stupid excuses, osimhen has pace, scored 20 goals last season , ighalo is slow but experienced, he can bring the best out of both players. Rohr excuses are irritating

We don’t know better than the coach.....

He is there working with them daily, it’s a big jump from the professional game to the interns game. Even the great Yekini struggled in his first tournament.

We have progressed under this coach, we have a practically new team, get behind them and support them.
Rohr will and never will coach a team with the talents we have, he has gone this far because of the talents we have.

If he mangers another African team he will fail. Osimhen plays in a physical belgain league, i don't still understand Rohr excuses. I saw paul play the last few minutes , are you saying osimhen wouldn't have done better? :???:

It seems like a good many of us are still hankering for the free flowing football that we played all those years ago when the 90s world revolved around the 442 football formation. Firstly, let’s put things in context; we do not have a single world class footballer at present. What we have is a bunch of talented , well drilled professionals who hopefully will continue to play as a team, in order to get results.

Talents? Name one supposed talent that we have that’s on the books of the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona or Juventus? Come on let’s get serious here, look at the last game we played; the only reason why we won was because each player put himself under-foot and worked for the team. The problem with football fans is that the expect the best and flashiest players to man every position. Unfortunately that is not how it works.

I remember back in 1996 when the whole of the British press clamoured for a certain Matt Le Tissier to be part of the English team to euro 96. In the end venebles chose teddy sherringham to partner shearer upfront, and we all saw the results. Le tissier was a skilful showboat whilst serringham was a team player. Samuel Kalu is more of a team player than Onyekuru, same goes for Musa and even Moses Simon.

Many players shive at club level, but struggle to make the jump to the international game.

Remember a certain Garba Lawal, why was he a success? Why was he a regular at every club he played at? Why did Mutiu bench Okocha for years? Why did weaterhof bench Siasia for years?

I can answer these questions if you need me to.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The YeyeMan wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Nope. Learn to read.

His critics aren't saying Ighalo is playing because he's 'experienced', Rohr is saying it.
Learn to view things comprehensively as opposed to a vacuum. Understand his utterance in totality of other considerations.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The same Osimhen that is been linked to clubs like Atlanta and AC Milan.

The same Osimhen that had a break out season for his club, scoring about 18 goals.

The same Osimhen that scored a hattrick for Nigeria against Libya in Olympic qualifiers.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

theYemster wrote:

There lies the issue....so we took 21players to the AFCON not 23 because 2 players are there to learn!!!! So the only strikers we have is Ighalo and Onuacho? Wing forwards....wingback Moses, half fit Kalu, Musa, Samu....

If this was Keshi or Siasia.........
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ohenhen1 wrote:The same Osimhen that is been linked to clubs like Atlanta and AC Milan.

The same Osimhen that had a break out season for his club, scoring about 18 goals.

The same Osimhen that scored a hattrick for Nigeria against Libya in Olympic qualifiers.
Irrelevant.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohenhen1 wrote:The same Osimhen that is been linked to clubs like Atlanta and AC Milan.

Is Osimhen now another legend before his time?

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I get the impression here that some fans would rather LOSE with unproven players they believe should be starting than to WIN with proven players they dislike or think are past it.

Many of these new guys already had ample opportunities in friendly games and didn't perform better than the established guys. People choose to forget this. They think because so and so player has scored 20 goals in the Turkish league, he should be banging them in for SE too and if he is not, then the coach is incompetent! International football does not work like that.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:
Give him play time so he knows what is required. The bobo plays in a league and I'm sure not all defenders he's faced are southern sorties.

He's got a squad. Rohr uses excuses to justify his rigidity. He struggles to make subs - explains why he's also reluctant to trust young new faces.
"Young, New, Trusted faces"

Let's see...

1. Aina: Y✔, N ✔, T ✔.
2. Collins: Y ✔, N ✔ T ✔.
3. Uzoho: Y ✔, N ✔ T ✔.
4. Chukwueze: Y ✔, N ✔ T ✔.
5. Kalu: Y ✔, N ✔ T ✔
6. Onyekuru: Y ✔, N ✔ T ✗.
7. Osimhen: Y ✔, N ✔ T ✗.
8. Onuachu:: Y ✗ N ✔ T✔.
9. Idowu Y ✗, N✔, T✗

OL' BOI, SO HOW DID YOU COME TO YOUR CONCLUSION? :idea: :idea: :idea: