Rohr explains why Onyekuru, Osimhen Haven’t Started

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr explains why Onyekuru, Osimhen Haven’t Started

Post by niyi »

Enugu II wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Some internet coaches were begging Rohr to give Joel Obi game time. That mudaf#cka was one of the worst players for us at the world cup.
Let us see them on the pitch. The problem is I don't trust Rohr talent evaluation after seeing Akpeyi in goal and Ogu starting against Madagascar.
Ogu and Mikel started to give Ndidi and Iwobi a break. Not sure why you don't understand this. That wasn't our A team.
Synopsis,

Ohenhen1 seems to be among a tiny minority that apparently do not understand the line up against Madagascar. IMHO, the SE has used its major line up only two times at this AFCON i.e against Guinea and Cameroon. Against Burundi, illness/fitness led to some starters not playing or starting. Against Madagascar, the team had already qualified and had to start some bench guys like Ogu. I believe that even more of the subs would have been used in that game if the SE had been certain of finishing in first place. To now think, as Ohenhen1 thinks, that the SE's best team was named for the Madagascar game is indeed a surprise. According to Ohenhen1, Rohr must have benched Ndidi because he thought Ogu was suddenly better than Ndidi who did not start v Madagascar.
Ohenhen didn't say any of that though.

I am no longer interested in these arguments because they get repetitive but ohehen's point was that Rohr made his lineup against Madagascar seem like a logical one. Ogu started with Mikel in a lineup that exposed the weakness of both players apparent. Kalu, fresh off an injury scare, started. He changed goalies (not sure why Akpeyi needed to rest). When we needed to score, he brought on Simon Moses. When asked after the game why he did not bring on Onyekuru or Osimehn, he said they were not showing the right attitude "inside and outside the pitch."

Logically, Onuachu who has been unable to trap a ball in this tournament and Ogu who was bad against Madagascar are showing the right attitude. I'd like to know what attitude Rohr considers in selecting his team. That's the question Ohehen is asking.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Synopsis wrote:The people begging Rohr to play Osimhen and Onyekuru would be the people shouting "fire Rohr!" "bad lineup!" when Rohr does start them and we lose.
KPOM!
You can hear and even see them now:
Guess who1 wrote:"Why change a winning team?"
Guess who2 wrote:"Rohr :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: is .............................a clueless.....................coward! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Damunk wrote:
Synopsis wrote:The people begging Rohr to play Osimhen and Onyekuru would be the people shouting "fire Rohr!" "bad lineup!" when Rohr does start them and we lose.
KPOM!
You aren't wrong but that doesn't make Rohr's decision right. Had he tried out those kids in the Madagascar game, even as subs when Nigeria needed to score, he wouldn't been justified amid all the criticism even if the team still lost.

The team was chasing goals in an almost meaningless game and you refused to bring in arguably the two players who've scored the most goals in Europe this season who've both yet to see any minutes.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Synopsis wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Some internet coaches were begging Rohr to give Joel Obi game time. That mudaf#cka was one of the worst players for us at the world cup.
Let us see them on the pitch. The problem is I don't trust Rohr talent evaluation after seeing Akpeyi in goal and Ogu starting against Madagascar.
Ogu and Mikel started to give Ndidi and Iwobi a break. Not sure why you don't understand this. That wasn't our A team.
There are many things Ohenhen does not understand, but pretends to by coming up with his standard word salad.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
green4life wrote:I know it’s fashionable to criticize Rohr (because quite frankly he’s an easy target who doesn’t help himself) but actually his explanation makes sense. I don’t fully agree but I see his argument especially with respect to Osimhen playing in a tournament where refs allow a lot of physical contact and hard fouls that go unpunished.
Give him play time so he knows what is required. The bobo plays in a league and I'm sure not all defenders he's faced are southern sorties.

He's got a squad. Rohr uses excuses to justify his rigidity. He struggles to make subs - explains why he's also reluctant to trust young new faces.
"Young, New, Trusted faces"

Let's see...

1. Aina: Y✔, N ✔, T ✔.
2. Collins: Y ✔, N ✔ T ✔.
3. Uzoho: Y ✔, N ✔ T ✔.
4. Chukwueze: Y ✔, N ✔ T ✔.
5. Kalu: Y ✔, N ✔ T ✔
6. Onyekuru: Y ✔, N ✔ T ✗.
7. Osimhen: Y ✔, N ✔ T ✗.
8. Onuachu:: Y ✗ N ✔ T✔.
9. Idowu Y ✗, N✔, T✗

OL' BOI, SO HOW DID YOU COME TO YOUR CONCLUSION? :idea: :idea: :idea:
Young "NEW" faces. Chukwueze very much picked himself even though Rohr tried benching him a few times.
Ola and a few are definitely not new in the SE compared to Osimhen and Onyekuru.

I don't know many over 27 year olds that we can play all over the park for the SE, so Eagles are a young side but trusting new young faces to challenge the likes Ighalo
If I recall correctly, Chukwueze started our first game. He didn't do anything noteworthy.
Abeg stop that one. Many of our players including Ighalo have started and finish many games without doing anything, NOTEWORTHY.
This post wreaks of dishonesty given the fact that you listed our most productive player, Ighalo (3 goals + 1 assist in 4 games). If averaging 1 goal productivity per game isn’t noteworthy, I don’t know what is.
This is intellectual prostitution. What did Ighalo do against Guinea and Madagascar?

Not that I agree with PaJimoh, but it's interesting how people "average" numbers in order to skew reality.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

danfo driver wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: na you dey waste your time. Rohr is a pathological liar, that the problem we have. A person who cannot be honest and say the truth.
I don't know if it's pathological but his reasons keep shifting
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
danfo driver wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: na you dey waste your time. Rohr is a pathological liar, that the problem we have. A person who cannot be honest and say the truth.
Its remarkable bro. I dont think I have ever heard him actually say the truth. LIke, literally, level with us and say the honest truth. He is always lying about everything. He kind reminds of Westerhoff and those other oyibo men who "love" Africa so much, spend their entire life in Africa and when you speak to them, you can tell that this is an original wayo person.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

theYemster wrote:
txj wrote:
theYemster wrote:
green4life wrote:I know it’s fashionable to criticize Rohr (because quite frankly he’s an easy target who doesn’t help himself) but actually his explanation makes sense. I don’t fully agree but I see his argument especially with respect to Osimhen playing in a tournament where refs allow a lot of physical contact and hard fouls that go unpunished.
Then he shouldn't have included them in the active roster, if he only wanted them there to learn. Take them along as non playing members or he should've played them against Madagascar.

Total waste of two roster spots.
The stupidity virus on CE strikes again!

Do you know what the meaning of a roster is?

Where does it say anywhere in the world by any coach in any tournament that you have to give everybody a chance to play?
You're the one that's stupid. You know less than you act like you do.

He doesnt necessarily have to give everyone a chance however when you are in a position like the one against Madagascar then you seize the opportunity to try players that (according up him are there to learn). Even if you don't start them against Madagascar, then once the game was lost he should've brought on those guys to see that they can do. We already know what Ighalo and Musa brings to the table. He went to the World cup to learn now he's bringing players to the AFCON to learn again. This is the same guy who gave playing time to an even younger and less experienced Uzoho at the world cup.

The only opportunity he needs to seize is the one he feels leads him to the title. This is not an equal opportunity enterprise. Coaches have played the same teams even in dead rubber games in a tournament to build momentum and continuity. You really have no clue!

Unlike you I'm not one that usually criticizes coaches on strategy and tactics even if I may state my preference, however this is different. I have no problem with him not playing them against Cameroon, Burundi, or Guinea (even though I would've liked him to in the Guinea game), good the leads in all of those games were ever comfortable. However there's no excuse for not playing them (either as starters or subs off the bench) against Madagascar. It was an opportunity to try out players in a less important game especially when they needed goals. If they can't even get minutes under those conditions turn they have no business being on the active roster. They could've been taken along as training partners just for the experience. Heaven forbid something happens to Ighalo/Musa, so he then is forced to play them without any prior experience. NBA/NFL coaches do the same thing all the time, play inexperienced/bench players (or players at the end of the roster who ordinarily do not get playing time) in meaningless games or sub them in one the outcome of a game is all but decided, win/loss to see how they perform.

Let me type this slooowwlllyyyyy: This is not an equal opportunity enterprise. He plays the team that best leads him ultimately to the title. If there is a criticism of Rohr, and there's plenty, its not about player selection or positions; its more about role definition and imagination...

Nothing you say can change my mind on that.

You are welcome to wallow in ignorance...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
Its remarkable bro. I dont think I have ever heard him actually say the truth. LIke, literally, level with us and say the honest truth. He is always lying about everything. He kind reminds of Westerhoff and those other oyibo men who "love" Africa so much, spend their entire life in Africa and when you speak to them, you can tell that this is an original wayo person.

Again, the truth about what exactly?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I just wanted to bump this thread so we can all see how pathetic the current manager is
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I just wanted to bump this thread so we can all see how pathetic the current manager is

my friend sharad ya mouth. did you expect him to bench his top scorer for osimehn? wheres onyekuru now sef? Anyway, if not for BABA, Osimehn wouldn't had been called for ANC last year. BABA believed in him so much that iheanacho had to be dropped. epic fail!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I just wanted to bump this thread so we can all see how pathetic the current manager is
And we have that low life who lives in Queens, New York openly telling lies. God will punish that low life.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:I just wanted to bump this thread so we can all see how pathetic the current manager is
And we have that low life who lives in Queens, New York openly telling lies. God will punish that low life.
just pray for him, he is a lost cause
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

When they can't dispute facts, they will results to insults. once again,

BABA visited and encouraged osimehn numerous times in Wolfsburg
2) BABA dropped senior players for Osimehn
3) BABA gave osimehn his 1st cap for SE and under BABA osimehn has excelled thus far.
dispute it with backed up data or STFU
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

john12 wrote:When they can't dispute facts, they will results to insults. once again,

BABA visited and encouraged osimehn numerous times in Wolfsburg
2) BABA dropped senior players for Osimehn
3) BABA gave osimehn his 1st cap for SE and under BABA osimehn has excelled thus far.
dispute it with backed up data or STFU
Not to get involved in ur petty arguments but....

Rohr has the chance to play Oshimen against Madagascar he pussied out.... he singlehandedly destroyed Onyekuru’s career.....yes I said it....

Just like Cisse tried to destroy Pepe’s.....

Like King Kanu told Wenger.....not every player runs around.....

Ighalo deserves his place - no question - but did Onuacho? Onuacho did not deserve to be in the team period....in fact I said it then, I would have taken Iheanacho... in my view, Oshimen was Ighalo’s backup and The third choice is not really that significant but I will put my hat with Kelechi based on record..

U cannot (hand on heart), justify Onyekuru not playing in the ANC...based on his record unless....he had a rotten behavior/attitude... if that is the case, why take him?

Ala.... Hoddle and Gazza....

Against Madagascar, you play ur back up team....yes? Oshimen and Onyekuru were not considered good enough to be back up.....so pls don’t insult our intelligence....

But.....don’t let me get in between ur arguments
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Rohr is a bast1ard!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Enyi
ot to get involved in ur petty arguments but....

Rohr has the chance to play Oshimen against Madagascar he pussied out.... he singlehandedly destroyed Onyekuru’s career.....yes I said it....

Just like Cisse tried to destroy Pepe’s.....

Like King Kanu told Wenger.....not every player runs around.....

Ighalo deserves his place - no question - but did Onuacho? Onuacho did not deserve to be in the team period....in fact I said it then, I would have taken Iheanacho... in my view, Oshimen was Ighalo’s backup and The third choice is not really that significant but I will put my hat with Kelechi based on record..

U cannot (hand on heart), justify Onyekuru not playing in the ANC...based on his record unless....he had a rotten behavior/attitude... if that is the case, why take him?

Ala.... Hoddle and Gazza....

Against Madagascar, you play ur back up team....yes? Oshimen and Onyekuru were not considered good enough to be back up.....so pls don’t insult our intelligence....

But.....don’t let me get in between ur argumen
ts

[/quote]

You're absolutely wrong and you know it boss. first of all, BABA dropped Iheanacho an experienced striker for Osimehn (Shows enormous believe) he was the 1st SE coach to consistently visit, encourage and finally gave him his debut. (look at the archives) Surely, you dont expect BABA to had dropped ighalo (his top scorer) for osimehn and even osimehn wasn't his 1st option from the bench due to his "inexperience" Prior to ANC.

2) As for ONYEKURU you're MAD MAD MAD Demented and foolish to make such an invalid, inaccurate statement. you're forking mad! In a country that has experienced forward like Musa, ighalo, Simon and up and coming players like chukwueze, kalu, onuachu and onyekuru you simply have to make use of your chances. Onyekuru (I am a fan) was given numerous chances prior to ANC and he simply failed to perform. no defensive coach will drop a harfworker like moses/musa for a defensive liability like onyekuru except his Exceptional at scoring and onyekuru didnt show exceptional ability at SE. what happened to him.at Monaco?? (baba destroyed Him)??? some players only got 1 SE appearance and out (nwakaeme) so BABA must had likes him to give him multiple chances. anyway Onyekuru is still youngsters

The fact of the matter is that BABA achieved his precontratual goal with style
1) Qualify for ANC - Dispute it
2) Qualify for World cup- dispute it
3) Make a ANC semi final - Dispute it

Like I said it, Baba era totally destroyed you Agents Pockets and you guys are nauseating at that prospect
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Only in Nigeria will known Idiots like Enyi come here and spill rubbish. in his foolish mind, BABA destroyed onyekuru career. this is how Foolosh people boldly convey statements on CE
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:Only in Nigeria will known Idiots like Enyi come here and spill rubbish. in his foolish mind, BABA destroyed onyekuru career. this is how Foolosh people boldly convey statements on CE
He’s quite possibly the 2nd biggest fool ever on after Rawlings :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

john12 wrote:Only in Nigeria will known Idiots like Enyi come here and spill rubbish. in his foolish mind, BABA destroyed onyekuru career. this is how Foolosh people boldly convey statements on CE
Lol.......

I am not Nigerian but ain’t Ghanaian either. I am married to a Nigerian and unlike ppl that just type in a forum.... I make a living in football...

I have time in my hotel...paid for by Man United....May I add,

Why did u think Emery was sacked....? Mourinho? Any coach....

The simple answer....you have a group of players....u get the best out of them....in that team for the ANC, how many players got 16goals in any leagues in the world( including NPFL, Saudi etc)....

2......Oshimen and Onyekuru......

Ok, how many minutes did they get in the whole tournament.....less than 180minutes combined....

If Keshi (RIP) picked Onuacho over Oshimen in any game....they would have been at least 2 threads on corruption going on.

Rohr pussied out and was outplayed by almost every team we came across including Madagascar......

I am more cultured than you to know that you don’t call someone ur talking to an angel*.....

If Rohr was an indigene would he still be in a job?....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
He’s quite possibly the 2nd biggest fool ever on after Rawlings :laugh:

I don’t take you seriously so won’t reply....

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Enyi
Lol.......

I am not Nigerian but ain’t Ghanaian either. I am married to a Nigerian and unlike ppl that just type in a forum.... I make a living in football...

I have time in my hotel...paid for by Man United....May I add,

Why did u think Emery was sacked....? Mourinho? Any coach....

The simple answer....you have a group of players....u get the best out of them....in that team for the ANC, how many players got 16goals in any leagues in the world( including NPFL, Saudi etc)....

2......Oshimen and Onyekuru......

Ok, how many minutes did they get in the whole tournament.....less than 180minutes combined....

If Keshi (RIP) picked Onuacho over Oshimen in any game....they would have been at least 2 threads on corruption going on.

Rohr pussied out and was outplayed by almost every team we came across including Madagascar......

I am more cultured than you to know that you don’t call someone ur talking to an angel*.....

If Rohr was an indigene would he still be in a job?....

so because they got 16 goals each, he should ignore the experienced players that Qualified him for ANC i.e Ighalo, Musa. seriously, let me just bite my tongue before you speak, you must analyze whatever you decide to convey and make sure that it makes sense
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Is Rohr a bas.tard? Yes!