NIGERIA CANNOT MATCH OUR PACE AND SKILL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA CANNOT MATCH OUR PACE AND SKILL

Post by Mr Shows »

Robbynice wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
olu wrote:We will beat SA tomorrow, but it will be a close game. They pass the ball well and are well coached, however I think we will win because our forwards are more clinical in front of goal. SA will probably end up having more possession, but will still lose.
SA were firing long range missiles at every opportunity against Egypt. They know Akpeyi is the weak link in the side, Expect the same tomorrow. If he keeps a clean sheet, it will be bragging rights all the way back to SA for him. He needs to have a blinder tomorrow, both for his personal confidence and to win the fans back over.
Story. Make una get over that yeye narrative mehn. How many yeye goals Akpeyi don concede. Una no dey tired? Smdh
Ain't saying he hasn't earned his spot but his performances still remain suspect. Anyway, we are all rooting for him tomorrow and hope he ends up with a MOTM performance
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

:mad:
Am I the only one shaking? Kongi, please do your job. :mad:
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

The write up clearly states "we are underdogs". If he had said we are better than Nigeria then yes you gys would be right be talking the way you are now

Unless you wanted him to say we are just going to turn up as a formality and let Nigeria beat us silly :twisted: :roll:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

2 years after this match, South Africa won AFCON. Unfortunately, Abacha did not let us go, otherwise the result would have been the same.

[/video]
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Goldleaf wrote:2 years after this match, South Africa won AFCON. Unfortunately, Abacha did not let us go, otherwise the result would have been the same.

[/video]
Samson Siasia na baller.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

9jaMan wrote:
Enyi wrote:Really....if only Trezequet knew where the net was......as long as Ighalo can keep is composure.....we can beat this team

I know, Trezequet could have scored three. The last attempt Mo salah gave a delicious pass and nada
Good I’m happy with the way things are, if South Africa scored too early Egypt would have gone through as the ref would have buckled under pressure.
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

COOKING SPOON wrote:https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/afcon-2 ... afjvg2gxrl

Afcon 2019: Nigeria can't match Bafana Bafana's pace and skill - Mohlala

Former South Africa defender Jethro Mohlala has warned the supporters not to put Bafana Bafana under pressure following their win over Egypt at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) finals.
Coach Stuart Baxter's men are through to the quarter-finals of the continental tournament and many have backed the team to go all the way and become champions for the second time.
“Look, I think many South Africans never gave the boys a chance based on how the results in the group stages came out. I believe that also helped the players to relax because they were underdogs going into that clash,” Mohlala told Goal.

Having said that, they knew their qualities and they just had to play their normal game and show their quality and they did everything well,” he added.
“They are aware that the fans back home were not happy and they had to step up. They silenced everyone and that will restore their confidence. That is a massive victory for the team without a doubt. I never gave them a chance they proved us wrong, that was pure class and I just think they can beat whoever they face going forward.
Speaking about team selection as goalscorer Thembinkosi Lorch replaced Themba Zwane, Mohlala expressed disappointment where fans tend to individualise players based on their clubs.
“Yeah, they played very well, the change was good and it worked. Credit must go to the coach and his technical team. I am not happy though when we mention players based on their clubs, this is a national team,” he urged.
“We just need to support them as a national team. Lorch did very well for us and he clicked with Percy Tau and it was good that we scored at that time in the game. Lorch is a great player, I hope he learns day by day and we wish them all the best going forward."
Moreover, the former Mamelodi Sundowns player stated that facing Nigeria in a quarter-final clash on Wednesday is better than meeting a fellow Southern African side.
“I think that’s going to be a good game against Nigeria and the boys will need to focus. It’s better we are not facing another Southern African side,” continued the legend.

“I think the North and West Africans are struggling to play against us. They cannot match our pace and skill. I would like to see a continuity from the boys and ensure we upset Nigeria.
“I think we also need to credit the coach for analyzing the game very well. I believe that it’s not about playing badly in the group stages, but we failed to clear the lines at the back and lapses of concentration let us down – our mistakes killed us,” he reflected.

"Other than that, we still have a good team and we can go all the way to challenge for the trophy. It’s a knockout stage and we can beat any team now but let’s not put the boys under pressure. I am proud of the team and players such as Dean Furman, Kamohelo Mokotjo showed us that they want to die for the national team,” concluded the legend.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Gotti wrote:
COOKING SPOON wrote:https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/afcon-2 ... afjvg2gxrl

Afcon 2019: Nigeria can't match Bafana Bafana's pace and skill - Mohlala

Former South Africa defender Jethro Mohlala has warned the supporters not to put Bafana Bafana under pressure following their win over Egypt at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) finals.
Coach Stuart Baxter's men are through to the quarter-finals of the continental tournament and many have backed the team to go all the way and become champions for the second time.
“Look, I think many South Africans never gave the boys a chance based on how the results in the group stages came out. I believe that also helped the players to relax because they were underdogs going into that clash,” Mohlala told Goal.

Having said that, they knew their qualities and they just had to play their normal game and show their quality and they did everything well,” he added.
“They are aware that the fans back home were not happy and they had to step up. They silenced everyone and that will restore their confidence. That is a massive victory for the team without a doubt. I never gave them a chance they proved us wrong, that was pure class and I just think they can beat whoever they face going forward.
Speaking about team selection as goalscorer Thembinkosi Lorch replaced Themba Zwane, Mohlala expressed disappointment where fans tend to individualise players based on their clubs.
“Yeah, they played very well, the change was good and it worked. Credit must go to the coach and his technical team. I am not happy though when we mention players based on their clubs, this is a national team,” he urged.
“We just need to support them as a national team. Lorch did very well for us and he clicked with Percy Tau and it was good that we scored at that time in the game. Lorch is a great player, I hope he learns day by day and we wish them all the best going forward."
Moreover, the former Mamelodi Sundowns player stated that facing Nigeria in a quarter-final clash on Wednesday is better than meeting a fellow Southern African side.
“I think that’s going to be a good game against Nigeria and the boys will need to focus. It’s better we are not facing another Southern African side,” continued the legend.

“I think the North and West Africans are struggling to play against us. They cannot match our pace and skill. I would like to see a continuity from the boys and ensure we upset Nigeria.
“I think we also need to credit the coach for analyzing the game very well. I believe that it’s not about playing badly in the group stages, but we failed to clear the lines at the back and lapses of concentration let us down – our mistakes killed us,” he reflected.

"Other than that, we still have a good team and we can go all the way to challenge for the trophy. It’s a knockout stage and we can beat any team now but let’s not put the boys under pressure. I am proud of the team and players such as Dean Furman, Kamohelo Mokotjo showed us that they want to die for the national team,” concluded the legend.
>
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:Image
:clap: Those guy’s are basically saying we know how this works you’re in the End Game now you are facing the traditional powers now (yes Egypt are obviously up there but Bafana got lucky).
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

This is why talk talk and bragging means absolute zero. Some Nigerians saying Rohr should forget humility and playing down our chances, shey you dey see now? I doubt it, but I can only hope you eventually learn.

Better to keep quiet and save your energy for the actual game.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

charlie wrote:This is why talk talk and bragging means absolute zero. Some Nigerians saying Rohr should forget humility and playing down our chances, shey you dey see now? I doubt it, but I can only hope you eventually learn.

:clap: The ball did the talking and the net heard twice!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
charlie wrote:This is why talk talk and bragging means absolute zero. Some Nigerians saying Rohr should forget humility and playing down our chances, shey you dey see now? I doubt it, but I can only hope you eventually learn.

:clap: The ball did the talking and the net heard twice!
See weytin?
Lai lai.
Not only do they want him to be boasting, they now want him doing backflips on the sideline in "true Nigerian character" :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

We will never learn, would we? Since that time when our boys in Chile 87 started making mouth gboa gboa, even showing 4 fingers to Brasil in their hotel and on match day Brasil wired us senselessly, na since that day I sabi say making mouth and football nor go together.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:

We will never learn, would we? Since that time when our boys in Chile 87 started making mouth gboa gboa, even showing 4 fingers to Brasil in their hotel and on match day Brasil wired us senselessly, na since that day I sabi say making mouth and football nor go together.

If you wan make mouth, better be ready to back it up, otherwise na shakara oloje.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Goldleaf wrote:2 years after this match, South Africa won AFCON. Unfortunately, Abacha did not let us go, otherwise the result would have been the same.

[/video]

That "indomie-Pikin" that compared Musa to Samson Siasia, should check the 3rd goal.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Hello Mohallaabaalaa. You're right, we could not stand your pace and skills so we decided to send you home.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: The Nigerian way!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The irony is few years back it would be Nigerians that would be bragging more about beating SA while the Southies would just keep mum and respectfully maintain silence cause they knew levels pass levels... suddenly South African fans got too bold off the their recent surge of success against a Nigerian team that has been their nightmare for a while, while lots of Nigerian fans played the humble "wait and see" game of dignified silence ... how times have changed.